(Topic ID: 155694)

Sys 80B none of the pop bumpers are working

By Topher5000

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Noticed that none of the four pop bumpers are working. I checked pins 5 (+5v) & 6 (DC ground) at the pop bumper driver boards & got nothing. According to the schematics, they're powered by pins 9 & 18 on connector A1J6 of the control board. Looking at the schematics for the control board, those pins only show +5v & ground & not where they lead to.
Any ideas what to check? I'm thinking a blown transistor, but I really don't much about electronic repair.
Second question - why does this shit always happen right before a long weekend?

#2 8 years ago

If all the pop bumper boards go out at the same time, check the A1J6 connection, it's almost always the cause since the 5VDC and ground lines come from there. Clean the A1J4 pads on the backside of the CPU board and if it hasn't been done, recrimp the connector.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#3 8 years ago

Thanks Steve. I'll try to sneak out of work early!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys-80b-none-of-the-pop-bumpers-are-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.