“system 80”

• Black Hole 19 votes
    54%
  • Haunted House 7 votes
    20%
  • spirit 9 votes
    26%

(35 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vegemite_nick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago

I have had all three.

Haunted House lasted the shortest. The music started to become tiring, and the game seemed to lack an overall purpose, despite all the playfields shots seem limited, slow, and without a multiball payoff bored me.

Spirit only just left the collection. Very challenging to achieve multiball modes, and a couple of really fun shots (especially the right flipper to top left saucer lock). I liked the game, but it never really inspired me, really don't know why. The four slings at the bottom do not appeal when they take over for extended periods! A good game, probably wouldn't have sold it but a collector was really keen for one and decided to let it go as it was not getting played at all.

Black Hole was the first System 80 for me and is due for a complete restoration this Winter, after that it will stay in its place. The complete SS package - lots of good shots, lots of targets, brilliantly implemented multiball, balanced scoring. Achieving a good multiball starting downstairs, then the switch to upstairs three ball is really well done rule wise. Despite the large window area creating an open playfield, the game does not feel like it has unused territory. Best of the three for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vegemite_nick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys-80-widebody-showdown?tu=vegemite_nick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.