(Topic ID: 286133)

Sys 80, slow strobing of display brightness, all displays

By frenchmarky

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RWH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

It is related to system80 grounding issues so if you do all the ground mods and some other small upgrades it should stop. New caps and repin all connectors will go a long way with the basic ground mods to solving sys80 issues.

1 week later
#14 3 years ago

I replaced all the caps on every board and put the extra ground in the harness between driver and main board along with recommended grounds on boards and mine do not strobe anymore. I didn't do each board ground individually on my Circus only the connector between DB and MPC. and it does not strobe either. I did re-pinned all the connectors on both machines though as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RWH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys-80-slow-strobing-of-display-brightness-all-displays?tu=RWH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.