New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 268624)

SYS 7 Coin Door skins

By BobLangelius

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FDE596A4-7965-4EE1-9A4C-73AD72930676 (resized).jpeg
496D8628-58A1-4C05-BB55-E5DE514B6A12 (resized).jpeg
EBEABF8E-345D-4F20-B8D9-93E791B3B69B (resized).jpeg
07 (resized).JPG
04 (resized).JPG

#1 5 months ago

I am thinking of making a reproduction of the sys 7 coin door skin and frame.

Who would be interested? Probably priced at $95 plus shipping.

04 (resized).JPG
#2 5 months ago

I really need a frame (trim pieces) if those can be had separately? If not I would buy the whole thing.

#4 5 months ago

That door skin is definitely needed. It's been unavailable for a very long time. Another item that needs to be reproduced for these doors is the copper coin switch actuating wireforms.

#5 5 months ago

You will have a much wider audience than just system 7. This coin door was used on many williams pinball and some video games.

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from gutz:

You will have a much wider audience than just system 7. This coin door was used on many williams pinball and some video games.

Yep, all the way back to the late EM games for the door skin, and I believe the last game was Space Shuttle.

-Hans

#7 5 months ago

I would be in for at least 3!

#8 5 months ago

I'll take 2

#9 5 months ago

This is perfect. Not sure why they had not been reproduced sooner. Bally door skins have been are available.

#10 5 months ago

I'd be in for a couple, at least.

#11 5 months ago

This door dates back to around 1965.

#12 5 months ago

Ill take 5.

#13 5 months ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I really need a frame (trim pieces) if those can be had separately? If not I would buy the whole thing.

So you would just want the top,bottom and right sides?

I'll see what i can put together...

07 (resized).JPG
#14 5 months ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

So you would just want the top,bottom and right sides?
I'll see what i can put together...
[quoted image]

Yep I have a door and a hinge now with no trim sides. I would probably also buy a full thing for my Robotron.

#15 5 months ago

I would definitely buy these if made available.

2 weeks later
#16 4 months ago

Any word on these. I just finished a really nice barracora that could really use this!

#17 4 months ago

I’d be interested in 3-4 of them. Also famously used on early Defender games. I can also attest to the need for frame pieces. My Black Knight had the whole door removed by some operator, and it took forever to find a door with the full frame.

#18 4 months ago

I'm still in the process of doing QC and getting some issues ironed out.

Should be 6-8 weeks.

2 months later
#19 77 days ago

Any update? I have a game coming that I'd love to put one of these on.

#20 77 days ago

Yeh, any updates?

#21 76 days ago

Well, I received pre-production samples that were nice, but production is getting scratched and will likely have to be re-done. I am currently in the process of convincing my vendor to throw away all the skins and re-do them.

I also have the coin trip springs in production (in USA) but that is another 6-8 weeks.

Sorry its taking so long, but we' get there eventually.

Bob

#22 76 days ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Well, I received pre-production samples that were nice, but production is getting scratched and will likely have to be re-done. I am currently in the process of convincing my vendor to throw away all the skins and re-do them.
I also have the coin trip springs in production (in USA) but that is another 6-8 weeks.
Sorry its taking so long, but we' get there eventually.
Bob

Some people may be interested in the scratched one at a discount instead of trashing them. Still may be a lot better than what is on some games now.

#23 76 days ago

Interesting Man this would be great.. following

#24 76 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Some people may be interested in the scratched one at a discount instead of trashing them. Still may be a lot better than what is on some games now.

I hope not to have to resort to that. I don’t want to have to deal with an inventory of graded parts. But mostly, I am not going to tell a vendor it’s ok to weld good parts onto bad parts.

#25 74 days ago

If someone is in need of a complete Williams coin door, I have one that I would sell. It has a few dings, but overall it’s not to bad. I don’t know what a fair price would be. If interested PM me.

496D8628-58A1-4C05-BB55-E5DE514B6A12 (resized).jpegEBEABF8E-345D-4F20-B8D9-93E791B3B69B (resized).jpegFDE596A4-7965-4EE1-9A4C-73AD72930676 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#26 28 days ago

boblangelius How is it going with the skins?

#27 25 days ago

I’ve had jobs run smoother, that’s for sure. Both the skins and the wire trip springs are delayed.

The trip springs, made in USA are delayed (8 weeks)by a defective batch of spring wire.

The Door skins are delayed mostly because I have not gotten back to the offshore manufacturer due to some personal stuff going on. I’ll resolve it this weekend.

Sorry for the delays. I’ll give an eta when I have firm dates.

2 weeks later
#28 8 days ago

A lot of people will want those door skins and coin trip wires.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside