Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190619_200043 (resized).jpg
    20190619_194538 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andy_b.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've removed the diagnostic switch. Do I have to remove the LED or should it be OK?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Turtle:

What are you trying to achieve by doing this?

Get it clean?

I definitely would not put those boards in a dishwasher. Those boards were never designed for that kind of stress. Plus they are now 30+ years old. Get a can of electronics cleaner and spray it down. If you don't want to do that, then buy a spray bottle and isopropyl alcohol. Or just pour iso alcohol over the board.

I've done it to several other boards with no problem. It's just water and detergent. The key is to remove the board before the drying cycle.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

The LED should be OK. About the only other component I would worry about would be the flipper relay, and possibly the crystal.

Yeah, always wondered how well sealed the crystal is but never had an issue with it when I have done this previously. No flipper relay on Sys 7 board though.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

LED's and crystals are sealed.
    Switches and relays are not sealed.
    System 7 -- CPU board has DIP switches. These are not sealed and over time will often develop a nice blue-green corrosion on the contacts. As long as a switch stays open or closed - no problem. If you change from open to closed with the corrosion, they don't always register as 'closed'.

Thanks Ed.

No DIP switches on this one though.

20190619_194538 (resized).jpg20190619_194538 (resized).jpg

It does appear to have been jumpered for 2732 chips at IC14, IC17 and IC20. Is this common?

20190619_200043 (resized).jpg20190619_200043 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andy_b.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sys-7-circuit-board-in-dishwasher?tu=andy_b and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.