Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Bolt.JPG

#1 9 years ago

Has anyone put a late WPC playfield support mechanism in an early WPC/sys 11 game?

Working on my TAF is a real PITA with the old style pivot. My BOP has the same set up. I want to be able to slide out the playfield. Has anyone done this?

#2 9 years ago

That's an interesting concept, SC. I'm sure it would be possible. The playfield support mechanism is currently broken on my STTNG. I'm wondering if anyone sells the bolt that screws into the side of the cabinet. Mine is missing one.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Has anyone put a late WPC playfield support mechanism in an early WPC/sys 11 game?

I've looked at the new style and had the same thought. From a mechanical point of view as long as everything clears the play field parts and the wire harnesses are long enough it is doable. Just get the alignment straight for a smooth movement...

Quoted from gweempose:

I'm wondering if anyone sells the bolt that screws into the side of the cabinet.

I think it's a 3/8" X 3" carriage bolt. Available at any hardware store.

#4 9 years ago

I think it's a 3/8" X 3" carriage bolt. Available at any hardware store.

Thanks, but I actually need the tubular bolt that screws on from the inside. In the photo, you can see that the one on the right is missing. You can also see how scraped up the paint inside the cabinet is from the sides of the playfield rubbing against it.

Bolt.JPG

#5 9 years ago

Your "tubular bolt" is often referred to as a Threaded Standoff:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-standoffs/=ew3tgk

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Threaded Standoff

That's the gist of it lol, I would get it for the machine due to configuration.

Side note: That guy from Phantasm freaks me out just to look at him! Movie quote: "NO! It's not".

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Your "tubular bolt" is often referred to as a Threaded Standoff:

Thanks a bunch! So I guess my next question is what is the exact one I need, and where can I find it? I haven't any luck at the normal online pinball parts stores.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks a bunch! So I guess my next question is what is the exact one I need, and where can I find it? I haven't any luck on the normal online pinball parts stores.

Well, if it is 3/8"-16 like jrrdw says, then you need to measure the length to pick the one you need at Mcmaster.

#9 9 years ago

Also, you can get them with a hex shape rather than a round tube.

Easier to grip with a Crescent Wrench for sure.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I haven't any luck on the normal online pinball parts stores

Marco doesn't have it under cabinet parts? Take careful measurements and get one from the link vid1900 gave. Us spud cannon builders get parts there often, they have a very large pneumatics section lol , high on the shipping cost though.

I see on ebay people selling used hardware grab bags from pins, keep your eye out there...

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from jrrdw:

Marco doesn't have it under cabinet parts?

Good call! I didn't think to check by category. I think this is it ...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=02%2D4329%2D2

They call it a "Pivot Nut". The weird thing is that it doesn't list STTNG under compatibility.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks, dude! I had the wrong size. That's definitely the correct part!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside