• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xeneize
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Gang:

I am running a Ni-Wumpf Rev E in a Gottlieb System 1 (Asteroid Annie). Game functions perfectly until I try to access diagnostic sub menus. Here's the scoop.

If I press the inner coin door switch, I can toggle through all the diagnostic menu options. However, as soon as I press the credit button to enter a sub-menu, the game freezes. What I mean by this, is that pressing the inner door switch or the credit button yields zero results. The game is simply stuck at that menu option. If I reboot either at the reset switch on the board or main power button under the cab, I get the same results.

Again, game plays perfectly...I simply cannot change any options, test any switches, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Xeneize

#2 3 years ago

I had one doing some crazy things like that, and it ended up being because I had fried one of the socketed buffer chips. I had a short into the switch matrix, from the solenoid that ran the spinning target on a Close Encounters.

Personally I would try emailing Ace, the gentleman that works on them with Ni-Wumpf... you can get the email off their website, he's incredibly helpful and ultimately can repair it for you inexpensively if it ends up being something on the board.

#3 3 years ago

+1 for emailing Ace, he was pretty responsive when i've had to contact him in the past for issues.

11 months later
#4 3 years ago

Ace got back to me and explained that the board was not originally designed for Asteroid Annie as it is a one player game. Hence, the outputs have nowhere to display once in the diagnostics.

Sorry about the delayed update, but wanted to close out the thread properly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 75.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 44.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.95
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside