7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by daz
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSC02260.jpg
    DSC02259.jpg
    DSC02258.jpg
    DSC02257.jpg
    JD_STTNG-9149.jpg
    JD_STTNG-9148.jpg
    image.jpg
    totan_undercab_lighting.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    JP_green_light.jpg
    photo.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Seems like a decent price for led lighting. 4 2" LED strips with remote. Maybe other Costco stores will have it ?

image.jpg image.jpg

#2 7 years ago

I just bought a set of those and mounted them to my bar...

photo.JPG

#3 7 years ago

I saw those at our local Costco too. Was also wondering how to use these on a pin. Any pictures on a pin anybody? Nice bar Arcadebrothers!

#4 7 years ago

nice bar. I bought a set but don't know what I'm gonna use it for yet.

#5 7 years ago

Those are at my local (north GA) Costco.

I've got a similar set-up on my JP but mine isn't wireless like this one. I just attached the strips to the front and sides under the cabinet and then the 4th on the back behind the topper. With mine the remote is wired so it's stuck on the side, and I just turn it on when I plug up the game. You can choose different light colors or there's an option that flashes to sound. JP_green_light.jpg

#6 7 years ago

My costco also had these. I would guess that you could plug them into the service outlet inside the game but then you would have to either unplug the game (or a powerstrip switch) or unplug the LED strip when you want to turn them off.

#7 7 years ago

the remote has an on/off switch

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

the remote has an on/off switch

Sounds like the service outlet inside the machine would be a good place to plug it in then.

#9 7 years ago

Picked up a couple sets. Gonna put on RFM and STTNG, will take some pics. I think they are a decent price, since the controller/remote alone at CT is 26.99 and the power supply is another 25.99

#10 7 years ago

If you want under cab lighting this is the way to go for 29.99. Lights have sticky tape but I used blue painters tape to see where I wanted to mount. I think I might use Velcro so I can removed when needed. I didn't plug into service outlet cause it isn't needed sice they have a remote control

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#11 7 years ago

I bought one for the same purpose last week here in Houston. But, I want to hook it to my flashers; so it inter-acts with the game (system 11-Cyclone). I posted a question earlier on pinside but got no response. Anyone done this?

The questions i have:

- Flashers are they 12V or 20V? the bulb is 12V, but it looks like actual Voltage is higher
    - Is the current DC or AC?
    - Anyone done this for a System 11 game?

#12 7 years ago

just picked some up at costco, temporarily taped on TOTAN, looks cool

totan_undercab_lighting.jpg

#13 7 years ago

for 30 bucks, cant beat it. monster bash topper will be getting these also

#14 7 years ago

yeah i think im gonna have to buy three more, these are a steal for $30.

#15 7 years ago

waiting for paint to dry.... then its time to finish my mounting for monster bash topper, then another set of these lights to go on it. i should have got more than 3 sets, oh well, next trip

#16 7 years ago

I picked up a set, but I'm mounting them behind the master bed headboard.

If you know what I mean ... nudge ... nudge... say no more ...

#17 7 years ago

Can you order this online? Thanks

#18 7 years ago

not sure about online, but they have a big stack of them at my local costco

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

not sure about online, but they have a big stack of them at my local costco

Agreed, looks like they are blowing them out with huge end cap displays.

#20 7 years ago

I bought one yesterday and hooked it up last night...went back today and bought 4 more.
    One thing to note is that they all work with one remote, so they are all on the same frequency.

#21 7 years ago

Is anyone attaching them to ramps?

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from tripp:

I bought one yesterday and hooked it up last night...went back today and bought 4 more.
    One thing to note is that they all work with one remote, so they are all on the same frequency.

Yup. They will all change. Pretty much have to unplug one to change settings on another.

#23 7 years ago

n

Quoted from EvanBingham:Is anyone attaching them to ramps?

not sure if i would try that, might be a bit too bright...

#24 7 years ago

I just bought 6 of them 5 minutes before close in Eden Prairie. I am looking forward to installing them later this evening.

#25 7 years ago

If they are on pins that are next to each other they blend together kinda image.jpg

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

Is anyone attaching them to ramps?

I love LED's and all but, even that sounds a bit ludicrous...

Maybe they can be used as stadium lighting for WCS or NFL instead!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Picked up a couple sets. Gonna put on RFM and STTNG, will take some pics. I think they are a decent price, since the controller/remote alone at CT is 26.99 and the power supply is another 25.99

This is a great price. i have a Permanently stocked solution for this at a great price coming very soon!

#28 7 years ago

I too bought some when I was searching to play "The Pin", earlier this week.

Can't wait to see everyone's machines looking like a 'Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift' teaser trailer!

Who am I kidding, mine already do...

#29 7 years ago

used them on my monster bash topper, put one set on my arabian nights. not sure where to put the last one i got, either scared stiff or sttng

#30 7 years ago

I can contribute to this one, here's my riced out STTNG...

JD_STTNG-9148.jpg JD_STTNG-9149.jpg

#31 7 years ago

I'm waiting for Xzibit to pop out and say he's pimped your pin.

#32 7 years ago

I just installed one in the middle of 3 and it glows well and makes the others blend together. Oh well time to install the others.

1 week later
    #33 7 years ago

Finally found them and picked up a set for my SS.
    How did you go about putting 3 strips on the bottom the cabinet when the front of the cabinet is less then 2' wide?
    Can't really cut the center 2' string.

Thanks for the help.
    Steve

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Konajack:

Finally found them and picked up a set for my SS.
    How did you go about putting 3 strips on the bottom the cabinet when the front of the cabinet is less then 2' wide?
    Can't really cut the center 2' string.
    Thanks for the help.
    Steve

Make a U shape with all 4 pieces about 3 inches in from the edge.

#35 7 years ago

Picked one of these up. Definitely cool and a good pick up for $30. However, they are 3535 strings only have 150 LEDS per 5m. This isn't bad, just not a fan of the glow it provides ooposed to the higher quality 5050 and 300 LED strips. Plus, if one goes out you can potentially have a large gap in between colors. U shape under cab though this will work just fine since it is a large glowing area, no biggie. Under a bar or down a skeeball lane can be not as good looking if an LED or two go out.

That being said, we will stock both right after the new year and for just slightly more than Costco. Permanently stocked for a bit pricier than costco and with 505 strips with 300 LEDs? That shouldn't be too bad

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

we will stock both

Cool. I missed it, though. Who are "You" when you say "We"?

#37 7 years ago

I'm SOLD! Is there any way to hook them up to flashers?

2 weeks later
    #38 7 years ago

I wondered when these would catch on around here.

DSC02257.jpg DSC02258.jpg DSC02259.jpg DSC02260.jpg

#39 7 years ago

I've hacked these up a bit and have the color varying more than the remote control allows via a microcontroller and added a bluetooth LE configuration tool (iPhone / iPad) but haven't yet plugged them into a machine beyond powering via the wall / service port. If there's any interest, I'll clean up the instructions and work up a part list / etc.

#40 7 years ago

Sounds like a cool project. Additional documentation would be greatly appreciated!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#41 7 years ago

absolutely!

#42 7 years ago

I ran the cord from the service port through the hole where the power cord comes in. I wiped the bottom of the machine to remove any dirt and used the adhesive on the LEDs strip. I need to get some Velcro for the IR unit. Just aim the remote at the machine at you can select all the options.

image.jpg

#43 7 years ago

I purchased one of these...
    amazon.com link »

I'll let everyone know how they work out. I'm going to add them under my BSD.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

2 weeks later
    #44 7 years ago

Definitely interested in the hack for the RGB LED strings. There are lots of similar products available at great prices out there.

#45 7 years ago

Yeah, blonde, I can't have you one-uppin' me all the time, so I just ordered the Sylvania Mosaic for ST25. 40.99 free ship from Amazon. (Don't have Costco in these parts.) You say yours has sound activated? I don't think the one I ordered does. Shame. Would be really cool.

#46 7 years ago

I bought these and put them under the playfield in my TZ, in particular to light up the slot and skill shot scoops. They worked great and I liked the blue the best. But, since I don't really have the room setting to use them as under-cabinet lights, I returned them. I can make a single blue LED mod to light up that scoop for a lot less money and tie it into the slot light myself. That's pretty easy to do.

#47 7 years ago

Poor Smokey_789, trying to keep up with the girls. Bwahaha. Yes, the one on my JP has a sound activated feature. It isn't the same as these strips, and has 4 individual light bars that attach. (I put 3 under and 1 behind the topper.) It may get rearranged though because the Mosaic ones I got from Costco are now wrapped around trim above my newly painted fireplace for our lounge remodel, and look super cool. Top that. (Pic coming soon.)

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Yes, the one on my JP has a sound activated feature. It isn't the same as these strips, and has 4 individual light bars that attach.

I used those same ones on our bar, they look awesome

#49 7 years ago

Fireplace pics as promised. I like green on green the best but it does all the colors of course.

image.jpg image.jpg

2 months later
    #50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadebrothers:

I just bought a set of those and mounted them to my bar...

Nice bar, looks really good.

http://www.decoledlight.co.uk/led-flexi-strip.asp

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 6.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 34.50
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 10.95
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,000.00
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 40.00
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 265.00
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside