IMG_6030 (resized).jpg
xwing mech (resized).JPG
20200729_110126.jpg
20200729_104720.jpg
FA7AE22C-1439-4098-AED6-162A4F1FFD5B (resized).jpeg
BFF920D1-309C-48C5-827A-4F96B3428A96 (resized).jpeg
46F39AE0-20C8-49B8-9E35-8F14BD5F009A (resized).jpeg
7C33E2BF-DBF8-415A-AABA-EE124C7050BC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rhinopins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Also: My turret sculpt was broken at the front attachment point. Looks like probably a common issue if anybody happens to have a go-to fix.
What's the correct part number for the Force targets? I've seen ones that look metal but the ones on mine are the kind with the plastic housing. Are they supposed to have stickers on them like the guy made a few posts above or was that just custom stuff?

I used foil to mold the area then filled with baking soda and superglue. Once I was happy with the fill, I removed the foil and drilled the screw hole. I've got some pics over on my resto page. You can youtube tutorials as well for the method.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-my-first-restoration-project#post-5691924

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Dude that is awesome! I will def get one of those cliffies.
I just bought the game. Looking forward to the sound mod as the audio in this game is terrible. Hoping it will help make it slightly less tinny / a little more full out of 2 speakers.
How do you change the bulbs out of the turret? Any word on anybody working on a color DMD for this? The display looks to be offgassing.

You have to unscrew the tubes from the assembly and then push them out. They are held in the tube by a 5/16 ring over the led. Once I replaced mine I reinforced them with superglue, as it was literally just the bent leads holding it together. First good smack by a ball on the LED would break them again...

I have a few pics on my resto page if you want to see what it looks like. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-my-first-restoration-project#post-5685571

3 weeks later
#131 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Does anyone here happen to have detailed pics from when they disassembled / reassembled their x-wing mechanism? I noticed that mine has something taped under the cannon, and I'd like to assemble it back to factory.

Does this help? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-trilogy-my-first-restoration-project#post-5685571

#133 3 years ago

Thanks! I had actually looked through your thread but missed the pic showing the underside of the x-wing mech.
You mention that its a reed switch riveted to it? I'll have to research how a reed switch works. I imagine they had to take it off to work on it or replace it, and then couldn't rivet it back on, so they just taped it up.
Thanks again for your help.
[quoted image]

Yup, you can see in that pic it had two rivets holding it on. I drilled them out and then used some low profile bolts to refasten a new one, rather than new rivets. Works great and they aren't in the ball path anyways.

Tape probably isn't a good option as it could interfere with the magnet. This thread has a good breakdown somewhere on how reed switches work. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-repair-20-10293-reed-switch

#135 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. Every once in a while the x-wing ball launcher gives me a bit of grief, either by not firing the ball, or the Luke heroic mission not recognizing the jackpot shot when successfully done. It doesn't happen all the time, and I'm not saying it is for sure the reed switch, but it couldn't hurt to get it attached more properly.
I don't have a way to properly rivet it back on, so I was already thinking two low profile bolts might be the best way to go. I'm glad to hear that it does indeed work.
Thanks again.

No problem, glad it helped! That luke jackpot shot is tough!

1 week later
#138 3 years ago

Sadly I haven’t gotten to working on my swt lately, as I recently bought a robocop that I’ve been working on.
But, I did get around to putting a pin2dmd display into my Star Wars trilogy, and I’m loving it. Now, there’s no color file for this game yet. But I really think the stock colours that the pin2dmd puts in look way better than the stock dmd. And we can change what 4 colours it uses, just not how they are used, so there is some options there. I’ll likely keep it this way for now, but will explore More color options in the near future. I just wanted to share in case anyone else wondered what it might look like. Plus, compared to colordmds, pin2dmds are pretty budget friendly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! That looks really good, especially with no idea when colordmd is coming out.

Oof. I might need this is my life.

1 week later
#140 3 years ago
Quoted from milehighpin:

I actually hooked up a 2nd speaker simply by tapping into the 2 wires on the other speaker. Is it stereo.......no. Does it sound better. Yup. Plus it is way easier than pulling out the sound board and soldering all those components on to create the stereo amp.

I also did two speakers. I put some Polk 4”s in. Did it in series as they are 4ohm. Also replaced the 8”. It does make the mono sound as good as it can for what it cost.

I thought about adding in a 2.1 amp to power the three channels, but I don’t think it needs it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rhinopins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swt-owners?tu=rhinopins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.