Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Chalkey
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

22001F96-A654-4476-8E70-A5F0D0A64486 (resized).jpeg
49784111882_8f6ac2c442_o (resized).jpg
49783789116_d12e2032d3_o (resized).jpg
20190413_150454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180621_174217 (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).JPG
59C3BEF2-B07A-4273-8419-27E9446AC9CD (resized).jpeg
562F4BCA-B69E-472F-9163-6DE0CD48E4E1 (resized).jpeg
0765F320-D88D-4790-87C6-DB8CFD400ED6 (resized).jpeg
BDA93565-2BC8-405B-8DB0-B8483C37F3BE (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180415_110905 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180415_110837 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180415_110842 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180415_110910 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180413_181820 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180320_090622 (resized).jpg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Just sharing some info.. if you have a SWT and your x-wing is broken or missing parts or the tips are broken off, you can replace it for very little, all you have to do is go on Ebay and search star wars action fleet x-wing and in most cases for under 20 bucks you get a whole new ship! You do have to drill a small hole in the back, but a lot better than paying the 129 I saw them listed and selling on Ebay for..

Just thought I would share, saved me over 100 bucks.

2 weeks later
#2 6 years ago

Good info. Thanks. I have been looking for one that wasn't $100.00

Mike

#3 6 years ago

Mike

There are a TON on there, they made thousands of these.. bought another one as a spare for 8 bucks, and it came with a smaller one as well... if you cannot find it, let me know,

#4 6 years ago

I just won one yesterday...$12. Thanks for the heads up! I have a question for you as far as a mode on swt. I'm assuming you own/play one? During the mode where you're supposed to "trip the imperial somethings", the shot from the x-wing to the switch just above the drop targets, does your x-wing actually shoot the ball out? Ever since I've had this game mine won't shoot the ball. Sometimes it will shoot it as the x-wing swings back up, but even that's rare. It usually has to time out and them randomly shoot it. Now my x-wing gun works perfect in all other modes, swings and shoots right when you push the button. It's just this mode that freaks out. It sounded like a software/code problem to me so I ordered new ROM's and no change. I was gonna post a thread here and ask if any swt owner's have the same issue, just haven't done it yet. Thought I'd throw it out to you first. Thanks, Mike

#5 6 years ago

Let's change this to a SWT owners club post. For the few, the proud.

#6 6 years ago

Mine shoots fine on that mode.. I know because that is a damn hard shot to make, I actually made it the other day was pumped to finally hit it.. I did put a full new set of roms in mine.. so maybe that is all yours needs.

1 month later
#7 6 years ago

Update, you do NOT have to drill the new x-wing, a small flat head screwdriver under the bottom of the "cannons" or whatever they are called, and it pops right off.. much easier.. I bought 4 ships that I saw very cheap, to have back ups... already broke 2 while working on the game! They break pretty easy.

#8 6 years ago

Papa, sent you a PM with the adjustments and repairs I had to do on my x-wing to get it right, there are 2 switches under the x-wing assembly, they need to be perfect, I had to put 2 new ones in.. make sure the arm is dead center on the rolling switch on the far left.. Mine was reading, but was flaky.

Also, once correct, the x-wing will turn to the left a tiny bit, then go right.. but now I can shoot the ball anytime after it starts going right.

Hope that helps.

#9 6 years ago

This was my first pinball machine. I have a couple of extra x-wings too.

#10 6 years ago

When this game is tuned in, it is a fantastic game.. It has a bad rap like many other Sega's.. I am so glad I ignored the negatives and bought one..

Game is so well tuned into the Star Wars theme, great sounds and music, and is a challenging game, easy to understand rule set, but very difficult to beat... I have been close, but just missed.

Funny thing, you do not see them up for sale very often, so there must be a lot of people enjoying them!

If anyone is on the fence, play a nice shopped tuned in game, and you will see what a really fun game it is..

#11 6 years ago

I miss mine...and it was fully working with the 3D backglass

#12 6 years ago

I just need to get my drop targets fixed and my magnet is not working right. I fully shopped it last year and it's a keeper.

#13 6 years ago

Just put a new magnet and lug in mine, also replaced the rails the assembly slides up and down on.. and it will still glitch sometimes, the ball shoots up too fast and the magnet misses it.. I tried adjusting the wire form the ball shoots up.. works great... then it happens again like one in 30 shots, not sure if it got bent at some point and I am not getting the bend right, it shoots the ball up there like a cannon! I will get it at some point.

Todays project on it, is to attempt to add the second speaker, I read the article on how to get the additional speaker in and what you have to do to the board... I really have to know what this game sounds like with real stereo!!

Will post if I actually pull it off!

Anyone know where I can get a new wire form for the up kicker in the back.. having trouble finding the part number in the book.

And yes, I was lucky enough to get one with the 3D backglass as well.

#14 6 years ago

I have quite a bit of experience now with the drop targets since I last looked at it. Hopefully I can resolve it.

#15 6 years ago

DEAR LORD!!

I just pulled off my best pinball upgrade ever!

I bought a trashed CPU board for 20 bucks.. I had read the article about how you could make the Sega games stereo instead of mono, buying a bunch of parts....well, thought came to mind.. strip the trashed board of the audio section and put it on my board... AND I PULLED IT OFF!!!! Star wars is now full Stereo WITH a Polk subwoofer under it...

I am still in shock I pulled this off!!

Tomorrow gonna be a lot of Star Wars music in the house.. that is for sure!

#16 6 years ago

Have you a link to the speaker upgrade?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

DEAR LORD!!
I just pulled off my best pinball upgrade ever!
I bought a trashed CPU board for 20 bucks.. I had read the article about how you could make the Sega games stereo instead of mono, buying a bunch of parts....well, thought came to mind.. strip the trashed board of the audio section and put it on my board... AND I PULLED IT OFF!!!! Star Wars is now full Stereo WITH a Polk subwoofer under it...
I am still in shock I pulled this off!!
Tomorrow gonna be a lot of Star Wars music in the house.. that is for sure!

Thanks again for the pm.

So you got the 3rd audio channel done? Sweet! Isnt the sound on the roms only recorded in momo though? Though I read that somewhere on pinside. Let us know if the sound is better. If not, one could just tap off the other backbox speaker right? Either way... Good job!

Mike

#19 6 years ago

Hey Mike

Actually a lot of these games do have stereo sound, even though they only come with the one speaker..

Check out the link I had posted for someone else, it talks about just that.

And yes, the sound is better.. I am hearing more detail, even some sounds I had not heard before..

It IS worth the effort to do this to your game.. it is a good amount of work (well for me it was).. but you get a fuller sound field from the game, plus the Polk Sub adds a very nice kick..

I am going to play it a while, then take a trip over to my wife's aunts house, as I let her have my first SWT while I took this one since she cannot do any work on games, SWT was her first game.. so I can really hear the difference.

Thanks!

Steve

#20 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip on this, Steve! I'm definitely going to have to do this mod, even if I am deaf in my right ear!

#21 6 years ago

Your very welcome!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Hey Mike
Actually a lot of these games do have stereo sound, even though they only come with the one speaker..
Check out the link I had posted for someone else, it talks about just that.
And yes, the sound is better.. I am hearing more detail, even some sounds I had not heard before..
It IS worth the effort to do this to your game.. it is a good amount of work (well for me it was).. but you get a fuller sound field from the game, plus the Polk Sub adds a very nice kick..
I am going to play it a while, then take a trip over to my wife's aunts house, as I let her have my first SWT while I took this one since she cannot do any work on games, SWT was her first game.. so I can really hear the difference.
Thanks!
Steve

Wow. Awesome! So. Just need to source the parts now. Anyone have an extra Sega board laying around?

Mike

#23 6 years ago

Ok, took it further.. Found someone on Ebay selling new stern speakers they upgraded, so replaced the 15 year old speakers with new Stern... even getter now!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Ok, took it further.. Found someone on Ebay selling new stern speakers they upgraded, so replaced the 15 year old speakers with new Stern... even getter now!

Sweet!

#25 6 years ago

This game ROCKS now! Polk sub really adds some punch, but the new stern speakers sound so much better than the 15 year old data east that were in there.

4 months later
#26 6 years ago

Thank you balboarules for sharing the information about the X-wing model! Because the model seems so fragile, I had been looking to pick up a spare for some time with no luck until I ran across your posting.

2 months later
#27 5 years ago

I am having trouble getting my SWT to drop the targets when the X-Wing cannon is loaded. I know the drop targets are all working. The signal just doesn't seem to get there all the time. Also the magnet diverter sometimes releases the ball to soon sending the ball back down the ramp. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from RMHighScore:

I am having trouble getting my SWT to drop the targets when the X-Wing cannon is loaded. I know the drop targets are all working. The signal just doesn't seem to get there all the time. Also the magnet diverter sometimes releases the ball to soon sending the ball back down the ramp. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I have the same two problems, have not gotten around to fiddle with the drops. I did buy a new magnet but not yet installed.

#29 5 years ago

Regarding the diverter... here is some help from a 2003 posting on the rec.games.pinball newsgroup. I made this change on my machine and it helped improve reliability. I'll provide a quote and a link to the original posting.

Quote - "I got an excellent solution from Chas at Stern Pinball's Tech Support line. He recommended installing a small rubber ring on each of the shafts that the gun assembly moves on. The rings get installed at the end where the carriage rests between the carriage and the frame. This positions the carriage that much closer to the left ramp making the ball transfer reliable. My game hasn't missed a beat since I made the change and was extremely simple. Thanks to Chas and Stern Pinball's tech support group. Mike O."

Link to the original posting-
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.pinball/wV85Ymyq9Dk/ObFPgs3eYdIJ

Post edited by Pinmot: Better link

4 months later
#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinmot:

Regarding the diverter... here is some help from a 2003 posting on the rec.games.pinball newsgroup. I made this change on my machine and it helped improve reliability. I'll provide a quote and a link to the original posting.
Quote - "I got an excellent solution from Chas at Stern Pinball's Tech Support line. He recommended installing a small rubber ring on each of the shafts that the gun assembly moves on. The rings get installed at the end where the carriage rests between the carriage and the frame. This positions the carriage that much closer to the left ramp making the ball transfer reliable. My game hasn't missed a beat since I made the change and was extremely simple. Thanks to Chas and Stern Pinball's tech support group. Mike O."

This worked great for me! I was having the same issue and now the ball moves into the left ramp every time.

I was wondering if anyone had done a full led conversion? I'd love to see some pics. I'm thinking about putting in an order this week to do mine.

Or does anyone have any great mods?

3 weeks later
#31 5 years ago

My SWT has considerable hand wear around the flipper buttons... any recommendations for some kind of protection/cover for that area?

1 month later
#32 5 years ago

I am looking for nice SWT instruction cards.... Anyone, please?

1 month later
#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinmot:

Did you gun assembly work in test mode? Mine does in test, but during gameplay it does not want to go all the way back. I may have to try the rubber trick.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

This was my first pinball machine. I have a couple of extra x-wings too.

You can find Vader's Tie Fighter action fleet as well..... "Damaged/on fire" or not!

1 month later
#35 5 years ago

Chewbacca keychain!

20150523_135221.jpg20150523_135237.jpg

1 month later
#36 5 years ago

I would like to join the SWT club, if anyone is looking to sell theirs please contact me.Cash or Cash + Trade ( I have Williams System 11 pins)
Chicago area
Thanks

2 weeks later
#41 5 years ago

I just acquired a Star Wars Trilogy pinball !! it needs work (battery corrosion) Hopefully I will have it up and running in no time @PinJump - I also need cover wear damage around the flipper buttons as well - i'm hoping that i can find some sweet star wars protectors like these> http://pinballhead.com/custom-flipper-button-protectors/ or these http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747 I'd appreciate any input of other options as well- As this is my first pinball any and all advice from LEDs to sound upgrades as it relates specifically to SWT would be GREATLY APPRECIATED !! thanks

1 week later
#42 4 years ago

20150720_164914.jpg

1 month later
#43 4 years ago

Hey folks - 1st post on this website & forum...

I've owned my SWT for about 2 months now and been been busy doing all the fixes/upgrades. I did the "stereo" sound thing and bought the nice speakers/sub-woofer From MARCO Specialties (highly recommend those guys!). Like it was previously said - definitely better sound...but I'm not hearing the 2 channel separation. So I'm thinking SEGA did it in mono only? Am I missing a switch in the utility menus?

I'm also having the same trouble with the cannon diverter so I will DEFINITELY be trying the rubber ring solution. I did read on another forum that installing a more powerful coil might help...so I ordered a 28-700 from MARCO as well...

My first questions to you SWT vets is the LED dot matrix screen - I've seen some SWT pins on YouTube that had a 2 color (yellow/red?) look to them. Is this an upgrade? I did find the full color screens on the DMD website, but they don't have a model for the SWT yet...they look REALLY nice!!

Hope to hear from someone soon - have a GREAT Labor Day!

1 week later
#44 4 years ago

Yes , PhaserOnStun, I believe the board is mono although the roms are stereo - I think your answers are here (credit: balboarules ) > http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/speaker/index.html . I'm also a noob to pinball/ SWT waiting on new cpu board I've cleaned off a lot of the corrosion and it's playable ( lights were intermittently working, now the top half of the GI and all the playfield lights are out, but other than that it still plays & scores) Fingers crossed for a color DMD, but i doubt it ...

#45 4 years ago

Hope the new CPU board does it for you, Thrasher...

I did follow the directions from Pinball News - (BTW - horribly low-rez pics ) and ordered the parts from Marco Specialties. So I have the 2 speakers working fine now...

Just no "stereo" 2 channel sound. If the ROMs are stereo sound, it won't help unless someone comes out with a whole new sound board to decode it.

I also did the LEDs upgrade - looks fantastic! - HIGHLY recommended!! I even changed out the crappy 10mm green LEDs Sega had used for the Cannon "flashes"...I used 2 of the green ULTRA bright LEDs that are used for under the play field - now I get a beautiful bright green flash when they 'pop' instead of a dull glow

Also got the Cannon/X-Wing diverter sequence working (which actually changes the whole game!) AWESOME fun!! Thanks guys!!!

Fingers crossing for the color DMD as well...

Now - what about a 'shaker motor'? Possibly hooked into the bass speaker? Would it be worth me checking into?? I have ALWAYS liked force feedback in video games...

1 week later
#46 4 years ago

Some nice little touch-ups!

20150925_132406.jpg

20150925_132136.jpg

20150925_131800.jpg

2 months later
#47 4 years ago

12daysofchristmas-4_(resized).jpg

3292_-_0featured-image_christmas_santa_star-wars_storm-troopers_(resized).jpg

1_UK-comic-cover-1088x816-905513029685_(resized).jpg

nWo8EEx6POv6lNvlWdJPcQHMUXqcxCyALjAEi7xV9g8m25bSfSdeA9UWOcnpWVIN_(resized).jpg

falcom-sketch_(resized).jpg

Star-Wars-Christmas-8_(resized).jpg

Star-Wars-Christmas-Ideas_(resized).jpg

star-wars-ornaments_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#48 4 years ago

At the SWT PF there's a black spot down between the flipper bats where, at some older games, normally is installed a mini-post in order to save balls that come straight down from the middle... I wonder if, at some point of design SEGA meant to have it at SWT.... Some insights anyone?

20160104_151516_(resized).jpg

20160104_151406_(resized).jpg

1 week later
1 week later
#50 4 years ago

That was my request that got it done, and he did a great job!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington, NY
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside