(Topic ID: 316399)

Swords of Vengeance: a conversion kit sequel to LIONMAN!

By avanwinkle

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sov-preview-baldar-asrak (resized).png
sov-preview-lionman-concept (resized).png
sov-preview-baldar (resized).png
IMG_2344 (resized).jpg
IMG_2255 (resized).png
SoV_ENV12_Chasm_v4 (resized).png
shutupandtakemymoney (resized).png
IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1402 (resized).jpg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpg
IMG_1366 (resized).png
IMG_1368 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BRW84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 1 year ago

Just learned about this tonight and I'm planning on being a day one buyer. I love my Swords of Fury but I've rolled the score and seen everything the rules have to offer. This kit looks incredible.

2 weeks later
#82 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

The 9 locations and what makes them unique and the strategies on the playfield to advance further.
What bugs did you find from the past pinball show you presented SOV at?
Who are these bosses? Are any one of them related to LIONMAN?

Seconding this request! I'll watch a video on pretty much anything you have to offer, but I'd be curious to learn about the locations, modes, and gameplay differences.

Also, I haven't seen any official mention of a list, but if there is one, I'd like to be on it!

2 months later
#96 11 months ago

Man, I can't wait for this. Amazing work!

7 months later
#119 4 months ago

Thanks for the update! In that same vein, are you thinking about making the new backglass optional, or will an original backglass not fit with the new display? I ask because I have a really nice aftermarket mirrored backglass in my SoF and I'd prefer to keep it (although the new one does look awesome!)

#123 4 months ago
Quoted from avanwinkle:

I hadn't considered the backglass like that, I was just assuming that artwork = game so switching one means switching the other. The only reason for the new lighting panel is to line up the lights and flashers with the new artwork, so if you're not changing the artwork you wouldn't need to change the panel either.
For gameplay, the new backglass/panel is definitely optional, so you can enjoy your mirrored glass no problem . The original backglass' Ogres Alley lights are paired with the playfield ones, so those will behave as expected on the new game. The only caveat is that I'm repurposing the Jackpot ladder and flasher addresses for the new backglass (highlights on the characters, the game logo, and Lionman!), so you'd see those lights doing stuff during gameplay. No material impact, just something to note. Flashers won't make a difference, but the jackpot lights will be showing things unrelated to the jackpot. During SOF emulation, of course, everything will behave exactly as you're used to.
(Note for others: the LCD display will show the current jackpot value during SOF emulation, to make up for the loss of the jackpot ladder on the backglass)

Awesome, thanks for the thoughtful reply! I'm looking forward to this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BRW84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-vengeance-a-conversion-kit-sequel-to-lionman?tu=BRW84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.