Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201109-204129 (resized).png
PSX_20201109_203126 (resized).jpg
DSC_0332 (resized).JPG
PSX_20201107_152214 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

My Roms say Rev-1, on IPD it says L-2. Is that an upgrade and if so what's the difference and again if so, where could I buy the upgrade?

#2 4 years ago

Generally it's a good idea to get the latest revision of roms - way back then they didn't archive what's different about the latest revisions (sometimes it's just stuff like coin ratios or a preset) so there's nothing listed for SoF.

#3 4 years ago

The top horse shoe tunnel that scores ogres alley one way and other points if it goes in the other way sometimes has a delay I understood that the last rom version fixed this delay... anyone on here can you test to confirm it only if you have the new rom version.Soon as the ball comes out one way u have to quickly push it up the opposite way to notice this delay . Other than that not changes I'm aware of.

1 week later
#4 4 years ago

Anybody try this yet?

1 year later
#5 3 years ago

AndyBadCatsUK
Just got my SOF. Just noticed the lane not registering if hit very quickly in succession. Was going to have to troubleshoot, but now seems like maybe it's a rom issue. I have a guy in my league that can burn me the ROMs.

2 weeks later
#6 3 years ago

Hi It's looking like the roms but no one I know has tested with the latest version can you please update the post when there changed.
If its not this perhaps the cpu is not quick enough to respond... anyway good luck.

1 week later
#7 3 years ago

OK have just installed L2 version and notice an improvement but still a slight delay on the upper 2 way horseshoe 2 sec down now to 1 sec. I expect the delay is intentional. The attract display now shows hold over jackpot exact score don't remember seeing that in L1. Correct me if you have L1.
Game overall feels sharper.
I've also got the music and speech roms but not installed as I think there the same?

DSC_0332 (resized).JPGDSC_0332 (resized).JPGPSX_20201107_152214 (resized).jpgPSX_20201107_152214 (resized).jpg

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

OK have just installed L2 version and notice an improvement but still a slight delay on the upper 2 way horseshoe 2 sec down now to 1 sec. I expect the delay is intentional. The attract display now shows hold over jackpot exact score don't remember seeing that in L1. Correct me if you have L1.
Game overall feels sharper.
I've also got the music and speech roms but not installed as I think there the same?
[quoted image][quoted image]

By the way - it appears that your U25 is socketed - that means for <$20USD and 5 minutes of your time - you'd be NVRAM's and can toss your batteries!

#9 3 years ago

Yes for some reason it's socketed so I can swap with this one to 6116 NVRAM.? See photo and then I will order if you can confirm. I'm in UK so think it's the same.

PSX_20201109_203126 (resized).jpgPSX_20201109_203126 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201109-204129 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201109-204129 (resized).png
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Yes for some reason it's socketed so I can swap with this one to 6116 NVRAM.? See photo and then I will order if you can confirm. I'm in UK so think it's the same.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep - As long as it's a 6116 compatible NVRAm - you are good to go!

#11 3 years ago

Thanks For the TIp I'll order this and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-rom-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.