• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vster23
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Yup, another price check lol sorry all,
Short and Sweet...
does an 88' Swords of Fury really go for 2.5k- 4k ?
what would be a realistic price for this machine?

#2 11 years ago

$1200 +/-

#3 11 years ago

I've seen them go quite often around the 1K mark

#4 11 years ago

okay cool, I was thinking maybe a grand.

#5 11 years ago

I offered 1200 and it was declined so I guess someone else can have it... lol

#6 11 years ago

Love SOF, I miss it. Sold for $750 a few years ago, it was nice too!

#7 11 years ago

there is one on ebay about 35 miles from the house but he want's 2499 for it... hell for 500 bucks more I got my LOTR lol
tried the offer thing and it was instantly rejected, so I'm sure he want's at least 2k for it...
if he's even willing to come off it that much. prob just a hundred bucks or so.
not going there.

#8 11 years ago

ya, he wants 2k bottom line

#9 11 years ago

I looked for one for sometime. I can tell you it is doubtful you will find one for around $1000. They didnt make a ton of them, and it is an increasingly popular classic.

Also, I have not seen a LOTR for 3k in over a year. Those are wishful prices.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Also, I have not seen a LOTR for 3k in over a year. Those are wishful prices.

bought it a little over a year ago and paid 3k... and your right I have not seen another one at that price

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

bought it a little over a year ago and paid 3k... and your right I have not seen another one at that price

Yeah

I sold my HUO LOTR over a year ago for $3800 with non-ghost LEDs in the inserts and the eye backbox mod. Passed it on for what I paid for it. Prices would reasonable still if people did this. Got flipped on me so I stopped doing that.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Prices would reasonable still if people did this.

totally agree with that, I was just sitting here talking too the wife about that very thing...

#13 11 years ago

Swords of Fury is on my short list of wants, but I can't even find any for sale (outside of the $2000+ wishful thinking ebay type listings). If anyone has one for sale in really nice condition, please contact me.

While I'm at it, if anyone has a really nice Starship Troopers, you can contact me about that too.

#14 11 years ago

that's funny I now have leads on both those machines and both for 2k
although I have not seen the starship troopers yet...

#15 11 years ago

Sword of Fury was my first pinball about 18 years ago. I remember bought it for $450 sold it about 5 years latter for same amount. Good old days. Would but again for decent price. Good luck with search.

#16 11 years ago

so should I ass you me (assume) that 2k is a fair price now a days?

#17 11 years ago

No way man, this system 11 is not worth $2K. Maybe Whirlwind but not SoF! $1500 tops if it's super HUO nice, $1200 if average and the price goes down from there.

#18 11 years ago

I just sold traded one last year, but would have sold it for <1K that was in really nice shape. Guess I'm selling stuff too cheap

#19 11 years ago

Agree with the $1200 mark in average shape, they do not go that high here.

#20 11 years ago

Bought mine for $1100 about a year ago in average shape. I really wanted it and probably would have paid a bit more. Great game.

#21 11 years ago

I spoke with the seller last night and he is stuck on 2k... he told me if it didn't sell (ebay for 2499)he would come off it a little more, but I don't think he's gonna drop it another 800 bucks. it does have some missing paint and what looks like typical wear... here's the link if you wanna look
He's going off of ebay selling prices, he told me that one sold for 2500 in worse shape...

ebay.com link: itm

#22 11 years ago

Keep looking something better will come up. Stop looking on ebay lol.

#23 11 years ago

Pass on that one. Not worth it. You'll never get your $$ out of it at $2K or even $1500.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Pass on that one. Not worth it. You'll never get your $$ out of it at $2K or even $1500.

People are funny. If a SOF posted right now for $1500, it would be gone within the day. It is hard to deal with the fact that it has gone up significantly in price.

The funny thing, I sold a WW a few years back, I put it up for $1400 and literally got no interest. Today that would be a steal. It is the harsh reality that prices are not what they used to be and with such a low run on SOF it will command the money today.

Good luck with your hunt. If you find a game you want and like, then buy it. Stop worrying about what it will be worth or if you will lose money. It is pinball, not a 401k. Also, I don't see it going down in price anytime soon.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

People are funny. If a SOF posted right now for $1500, it would be gone within the day. It is hard to deal with the fact that it has gone up significantly in price.
The funny thing, I sold a WW a few years back, I put it up for $1400 and literally got no interest. Today that would be a steal. It is the harsh reality that prices are not what they used to be and with such a low run on SOF it will command the money today.
Good luck with your hunt. If you find a game you want and like, then buy it. Stop worrying about what it will be worth or if you will lose money. It is pinball, not a 401k. Also, I don't see it going down in price anytime soon.

$1500 would be good for sof. The one ebay though that the op is looking at is not worth 2k imo. $1500 yes jump on it. The seller does not want to go that low, so keep looking.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

$1500 would be good for sof. The one ebay though that the op is looking at is not worth 2k imo. $1500 yes jump on it. The seller does not want to go that low, so keep looking.

I simply replying to the statement that you would never get your money back at 2k or even $1500. I think $1500 is reasonable for a machine in average condition.

I love it, I picked one up just before I moved. Great game, classic Williams.

#27 11 years ago

I think $1300 is reasonable for an average condition pin. They don't come around too often!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cheat Lake, WV
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-price-check-please-pinside-list-for-750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.