New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 54242)

Swords of fury. Price check

By kurtackerman

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jonogo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Fully functioning game players condition

#2 7 years ago

My guess would be 1200 or so. Ive seen two over the past few months under 1000 though.

#3 7 years ago

Very cool game i miss the hell out of mine. If i ever here the new owner is selling , im going buy it back. It was in really nice shape. Sold it a year ago for $1400.

#4 7 years ago

They never come up. I would say $1800 for a solid players game - more if condition warrants.

#5 7 years ago

I guess I should have snagged the one in OKC a few months ago. There is one in indy right now for under $1000.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#6 7 years ago

No one is going to like me saying this, but there was a SUPER nice one that changed hands in my area for around $2600. I don't know the specific price. I know it was the one for sale at MGC.

That particular game would certainly be the exception, and not the rule.

#7 7 years ago

Mine also sold for 1400...decent shape..

#8 7 years ago

Sold mine for 2500.00
Had an 8' sub kit with black lights, new plastics and completely refurbished playfield with 6 coats of Dupont clear. I loved that game.

#9 7 years ago

Also keep in mind it had a low production #, around 2700. The background music is great. I have heard it before ,either from a movie or something . Just could never figure it out.

#10 7 years ago

The music rules! But I found the game got to easy for me, I wrapped it 9,999,999 tons of times...I could practically do it every game by the time I sold it...

My buddy still owns it though, so I can go over and play at his place

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The music rules! But I found the game got to easy for me, I wrapped it 9,999,999 tons of times...I could practically do it every game by the time I sold it...
My buddy still owns it though, so I can go over and play at his place

What I've done on my SoF is that I set the high scoreboard to reset every 250 plays (the minimum you can set that to). Then my goal is always to fill the scoreboard with 9,999,999s before it resets on me, which isn't all that hard to do.

My current goal is to roll it twice in one game. I already know that if I get replay+10M I get another credit, someone I knew years ago claimed to have rolled it twice and gotten another credit for replay+20M, but the closet I've gotten is 18M.

#12 7 years ago

It's a sleeper. I had mine up for a $1K and couldn't get it. I think I ended up letting it go for $800 or $900. Can't remember. Fully working/shopped & mylared.

-BB

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

No one is going to like me saying this, but there was a SUPER nice one that changed hands in my area for around $2600. I don't know the specific price. I know it was the one for sale at MGC.
That particular game would certainly be the exception, and not the rule.

$2400 is the number you are looking for. I believe that buyer has re-sold it for less. I would have to look it up but I believe he offered it to me for 2K. He was looking to move it fast. I already had one by then.

#14 7 years ago

Wow, this one is really all over the board - from sub 1K to mid 2Ks from these posts (of course consider condition & geographical locations)

Personally, my experience has been that this game has been tough to locate in the great lakes area. When I was in the market looking for one all that became available was a WATER DAMAGED one that was also missing boards for 1K. I'd have to pin the target price in this area at $1500 +/- $200 for a better than average condition game.

#15 7 years ago

I do believe the SoF that sold locally was listed on CL for $2600 after it was offered to friends of the seller. I'm surprised to see "friend pricing" out in public as I was asked not to share that.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I do believe the SoF that sold locally was listed on CL for $2600 after it was offered to friends of the seller. I'm surprised to see "friend pricing" out in public as I was asked not to share that.

Sorry if I offended. I was not asked to keep a secret. People in this hobby are way too touchy about money. Don't let it rule your life, you will be miserable. If you really want a game spend what it takes to get it, within reason of course. Friend pricing, Pinsider pricing, flipper hatred, price police. It all drives me nuts. I'm here to play pinball.

#17 7 years ago

Fun game, I would say between 1000 - 1500.

1 month later
#18 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I'm here to play pinball.

and drink beer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vienna, VA
$ 11.95
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside