View topic image gallery

DSC_8010_(Custom).JPG
DSC_8004_(Custom).JPG
DSC_8011_(Custom).JPG
DSC_8007_(Custom).JPG
DSC_8003_(Custom).JPG
DSC_7997_(Custom).JPG
#1 12 years ago

Looking for a price check on my Swords of Fury. I kind of hate to sell this but I need room.

It is working 100% and all four flippers are strong and not sloppy. No plastics are cracked or missing. As with all games, there are a few areas that get more wear and tear than others. I tried to take photos to show the condition of these spots: Titan Tunnel, 3x bonus, collect and advance bonus on left outlane. The Lionman ramp is cracked on the left entrance and the tunnel ramp is cracked on the right entrance.

It has LEDs throughout with the exception of some of the backbox GI. The playfield GI LEDs are a cool white, no colors. I consider it tastefully done and not "blingy."

It has Pinscore LED displays and a Pinscore interconnect board that has had some repair work done to it. I have never removed any of the other boards and the only thing I see that was done is the battery holder was replaced at some point. I don't see any corrosion at all, or any other repair work.

I have a manual that looks to be a reproduction.

I've attached a few photos and you can see the entire set on Photobucket.
http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i454/stangbat/Swords%20of%20Fury/

It isn't perfect but I think overall it is in better shape than average. Pinside says $740-860 but the only SoFs that I've seen selling in this range were in worse condition.

DSC_7997_(Custom).JPGDSC_7997_(Custom).JPG DSC_8003_(Custom).JPGDSC_8003_(Custom).JPG DSC_8007_(Custom).JPGDSC_8007_(Custom).JPG DSC_8011_(Custom).JPGDSC_8011_(Custom).JPG DSC_8004_(Custom).JPGDSC_8004_(Custom).JPG DSC_8010_(Custom).JPGDSC_8010_(Custom).JPG

#2 12 years ago

I think you should be able to get more than that. If it were me I would list it on CL for $1300-1600 with hopes of actually selling it for $200-300 less.

#3 12 years ago

What you paid for it + parts added = $____.__. The depreciation was taken with what you paid for it (unless you bought it brand new), any elbow grease put into the shop job makes up for the wear/use you got out of it. That's how I would price it.

#4 12 years ago

Post it on ebay along with a sexy girl next to it.

At LEAST $4500.00.

#5 12 years ago

Agree with Winball, $1000-$1300 I think is realistic for what you should get, but might get more. A few inserts have wear and some bubbled mylar but otherwise it looks really nice. I like his pricing plan, I think I'd start at $1500 and work from there. Did you sell your Atlantis yet?

#6 12 years ago

There are insert decals available, so the damage to the inserts isn't that big of a deal. The cracked ramps would be a bigger concern for me if I was looking to buy the game, as they are pretty much irreplaceable. I would value the game at around $1,000.

#7 12 years ago

Nice looking SOF, I loved mine, Paid $1300 for it and took a loss when I sold it, mine was pretty nice but not quite as nice as yours, I had it listed for a long time, got $800 for it. A lot depends on region/local market. Did not sell well here, that was about 3 years ago. Might sell quickly at around $900-1000.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There are insert decals available, so the damage to the inserts isn't that big of a deal. The cracked ramps would be a bigger concern for me if I was looking to buy the game, as they are pretty much irreplaceable. I would value the game at around $1,000.

I've got a whole set of ramps for the game, FYI

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The cracked ramps would be a bigger concern for me if I was looking to buy the game, as they are pretty much irreplaceable. I would value the game at around $1,000.

D'oh, didn't even see that in the original post.

#10 12 years ago

I clarified the original post regarding the ramps. By cracked, I don't mean busted all to hell and held together with duct tape. The entrances have cracks. You can't see it and it doesn't affect play. With the exception of my Iron Man and TSPP, I've yet to buy a game that doesn't have a cracked ramp (metal or plastic). No cracks would be nice, and if I was selling this as a restoration, I'd ding it for the cracks, but I don't think they should be surprising.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Post it on ebay along with a sexy girl next to it.

At LEAST $4500.00.

+1

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

The entrances have cracks. You can't see it and it doesn't affect play.

If you can't see it and it doesn't in any way affect gameplay, then I guess $1,200 is probably a more realistic price.

#13 12 years ago

What town, in KC Metro do you live in stangbat?

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

What town, in KC Metro do you live in stangbat?

Shawnee. I list is as KC Metro because most people would have no idea where Shawnee, KS is. And sometimes when you tell people you live in Shawnee, they think you mean Shawnee County, which is where Topeka is located.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Did you sell your Atlantis yet?

Yes, sold it last Saturday. Not a lot of interest in it though.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.