Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BRW84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I've got a weird sound issue with Swords of Fury and I'm hoping for some direction on where to start looking. After Swords has been on for an hour or so, it starts playing music during attract mode. This is NOT the attract mode sound effects, which I have turned off. It will just randomly play about three seconds of gameplay music and then stop. It seems to happen every five minutes or so. The bigger issue is that once this starts happening, if you start a game, it plays the wrong music -- usually the multiball music. Has anyone ever had an issue like this before? Any suggestions on where I should start looking? Thanks in advance!

#2 4 years ago

Bumping for the crowd getting out of work.

#3 4 years ago

The problem has now begun manifesting immediately upon start up. I've tried reseating the connectors and sound chips, but no luck so far. I'm really not sure where to begin on this one, it's incredibly strange.

#4 4 years ago

Could be that the sound roms are corrupted.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Could be that the sound roms are corrupted.

This sounds like sound roms. I would start there

#6 4 years ago

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. If it adds any insight, since I bought the game about a year ago, it makes a horrible squawking noise when you first turn it on. I never paid it any mind since everything worked properly once you fired up a game, but now I'm wondering if there's always been an underlying issue with the sound.

#7 4 years ago

My Bad Cats would do something similar on odd occasions. Its MPU had been horribly acid ridden and I rebuilt it, but the sound board was OK. But every now and then - and usually after moving the game and/or servicing the board - the game would start with the wrong or incomplete sounds.

If you've already checked the chips on the sound board for proper seating, so far so good.

You might next check the ribbon cable that connects the sound board to the MPU. Reseat, etc at the MPU side. I finally figured out this was the culprit in my BC.

There also is a PIA on the MPU that drives sound selections as well, I think it is U10... check that area of the MPU for telltale signs, but IIRC correctly U10 should be outside the typical area for battery damage.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

My Bad Cats would do something similar on odd occasions. Its MPU had been horribly acid ridden and I rebuilt it, but the sound board was OK. But every now and then - and usually after moving the game and/or servicing the board - the game would start with the wrong or incomplete sounds.
If you've already checked the chips on the sound board for proper seating, so far so good.
You might next check the ribbon cable that connects the sound board to the MPU. Reseat, etc at the MPU side. I finally figured out this was the culprit in my BC.
There also is a PIA on the MPU that drives sound selections as well, I think it is U10... check that area of the MPU for telltale signs, but IIRC correctly U10 should be outside the typical area for battery damage.

Thank you very much! I'll check it out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-plays-wrong-music and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.