IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statictrance.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#893 6 years ago

well... count me in - goofy face and all

orca-image-1502214018169.jpg_1502214018893 (2) (resized).jpegorca-image-1502214018169.jpg_1502214018893 (2) (resized).jpeg

#895 6 years ago

Quick Question - Opened up the backbox to install my NVRAM (hooray already socketed U25) and noticed all my other roms are all Revision 1. (which makes sense, it's an early in the production run macine).

Anyway - I see on IPDB there is a Revision 2. Anyone have any ideas if it's worth burning new roms or its minor at best? I know some games have new revisions that only affect German language updates.

#897 6 years ago

I mean, I have a ROM burner, so worst case scenario I burn a handful, give it a spin, and see if I notice anything. I don't think Williams kept actual revision documentation until the early 90s. I'd rather not tie up 5 or 6 ROMs for nothing if the changes are minimal though. I guess I can always burn and clear if I don't notice anything.

#899 6 years ago

Add me to that list. I burned the L2s last night for shits and giggles and haven't noticed a difference. Given I was just messing around and trying for random stuff... Settings we're the same too. I'll keep an eye out and report back if anything changes.

1 month later
#904 6 years ago

so... It's been almost a month and you know what that means... Of course something started acting up.

Question - What is the best plan of a attack for the 5 bank drop target optos? I'm experiencing them not registering... and at first I could give the machine a smack and it would register... but now, not so much. I tried unplugging/replugging connectors but that doesn't seem to help. Anyone have a recommended checking order? (male pin solder joints, new connectors, specific parts on the board itself, optos themselves, etc). I'm guessing it isn't the optos themselves since it's affecting all 5 targets more or less all at once.

Thanks.

3 months later
#958 6 years ago

I have a follow up question on the stupid drop targets... I replaced the right connector with a standard molex/trifuricon connection - but am still having issues. I'm guessing it's the other IDC connector - but the wires run through the connector. Anyone with experience on this? I've read that basically you can either put two wires into the connector and kinda go with it - or you put the two wires together with a third and make a 'Y' for each. I'm hoping to do the repair tonight - Which approach worked for the people on this thread?

1 month later
#970 6 years ago

It's a rarer one to find which help keep it in a collection. it's not like an Addams or WCS 94 or something that, while an excellent pin, is likely in half the locations, barcades, and collections you play at. I think they made something like 3,500 of them and supposedly a lot of them were tagged for Euro export so it isn't one you see often. I just bought mine about six months ago and it's a keeper. No the rules aren't extremely deep - but there are plenty of things to shoot for. The playfield is busy enough that three ball Multi is a challenge to trap and control with (even with zero pops). Swords is just a really neat game and the last of Steve Kirk's strange design influence.

2 weeks later
#979 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Anyone have the patch that fixes the jackpot value?

Bump - I have and burned the Pinbot fix for solar value and it balances the game nicely. I would be awesome if someone made that type of fix for the rest of these system 11s with the incremental JP.

#981 6 years ago

Was it the guy from Finland also on Pinside? I just sent him a message since I have a ROM burner and could fire these up pretty easily. If not, I may try to do a little searching around. Pinbot became a much more balanced game where, especially when set to extra painful settings (open outlanes, max incline, etc) you could make a case for ramps or planets instead of just visor/multi/jackpot.

1 week later
#990 6 years ago

I have the patch as well, but am in the middle of a move. my PC is packed and I won't be in my new place till the end of April, so it would be awhile. I have a rom burner too and can help folks out then if nobody else is able in the meantime.

2 months later
#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from OwenKhan:

Anyone have experience tuning the multiball locks? Sometimes my machine starts a two ball multiball... I assume its just on weaker shots that slip past the saucer lock but still make it to the trough lock. Planning on ripping it apart to diagnose tonight... posting incase anyone has some intel on the issue.
Thanks!

That's by design... If it's a slower shot that barely makes it over and doesn't trigger the upper saucer - it's supposed to shoot out a 2 ball. Mine does it. PAPA's does it. etc.

4 months later
#1044 5 years ago

Do you have a copy of the fixed Jackpot ROMs? I had a guy send me the file the script to update files with, but never got around to creating the file yet. If I had the ROMs themselves it would be a pretty quick fix.

Pretty sure they are 27256 chips. I know my Pinbot solar value ROMs use 1 27256 and 1 27128, but with Swords being newer it may just be 2 256 chips. What are the sizes of the ROM files? See the attached pic for more info.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1047 5 years ago

I've burned the Pinbot ROMs for people in that owner group - If someone can send me the file I can warm up the burner. PM for detail.

#1048 5 years ago

Thanks to Zacaj - I have the file. I burned one last night and installed it in my machine. Oddly, my jackpot showed at 1,775,000 the first game I played, but then reverted to 1,500,000 and hasn't moved since. I'm guessing it resets the value at the end of a game and not in the beginning similar to how the Pin*Bot fixed Jackpot ROM operates.

Very interesting. Either way - I have it and it works. Thanks again Zacaj!

1 month later
#1069 5 years ago

hey guys - I read back over the 5 bank target troubleshooting (even my own newb question for a few years back) in this thread and had a quick question - Anyone know off hand which connector(s) on the power board to check for cold solder when troubleshooting this stupid bank? I had pulled the mech out, cleaned, and repined the whole board, and things worked great for a few months... but I just went to play today and it's starting to get flakey again. I'm guessing it had to be the opto board - so I want to tackle both the board itself and the power connector.

if not - I can check the schematics - I was just being a bit lazy here at work in a pre-turkey day lull.

1 week later
#1071 5 years ago

Pulled the power board - reflowed the entire top row and added some additional solder... Played without a single blip for 20 minutes and I focused on just the top PF. Thanks for the tip - I could definitely see a few cracked solder joints when I flipped it over and even though I was testing a pretty solid 11.2V at the opto connector, this seems to have done the trick. Thanks Chosen_s and everyone else in the thread.

Now back to some hardcore Lionman-ing.

1 month later
#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from NOBI:

In process of shopping out my SoF and the rubber kit I purchased does not have a proper map for rubber location, nor does the manual. Can someone please send me a link or picture where I can find the rubber locations. Thank you

When you take the originals off - match them up or look for the size imprinted on it. Even dirty and dry rotted, the overall size will be decernable. There is a rubber list in the manual, but oddly no letter on any of the diagrams to match it up.

#1077 5 years ago

If you have any specific questions - I can pop the glass off mine and take a peek. I replaced mine when I got it, but did the trick I mentioned above.

1 month later
#1088 5 years ago

As a SOF owner who's biggest complaint has been the damn drop target bank - Take out your power board and reflow the solder at the top. I found 3 cracked joints and have been rock solid ever since.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Has a brand new drop target board

It has nothing to do with the drop target board. I thought the same thing when I had issues (mine was targets would drop, but not register) - I cut the original connectors out and rewired everything for Trifuricon crimps... Then reflowed the whole board... Each time improved things a little, but still relatively unplayable. Taking out the power board and reflowing the top connector row made the machine rock solid for months on end now.

1 week later
#1106 5 years ago

Unfortunately - they didn't really do a meaningful change log back in the 80s for many of these. Unless it's a big game changer (and it isn't) - it very well could be an update to text in the German version for all we know.

That said - I burned the Jackpot Reset ROMs for mine that are based on L2 and reset the jackpot to a set value each game - that's awesome for all Sys 11s that support it IMO. (have one in my Pinbot as well)

1 week later
#1117 5 years ago

You can use a white LED strip across the bottom to accent the main guy. Comet Matrix lighting is a quick and easy choice if you don't feel like doing anything custom.

1 year later
#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from Vandal:

Hey, maybe this group can help me. I got a SOF recently, and whenever the orange target pops up, the red target drops without the ball hitting it. I the C-clip was loose, so I tightened it, but that didn't work. Can't see anything obvious that might be causing the orange target to drop like that. Any ideas?

Repin your power board... i had random issues with my 5 bank for months that turned out to be less than solid 5v to the opto board (and it was at the power board... first repinned the opto board, redid the connector, etc etc... helped, but had been rock solid since the power board repin)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider statictrance.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=statictrance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.