IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1284 3 years ago

Just joined the club.....first question....is the shooter spring 10-148-2 (like every parts supplier posits) or is is 10-148-1 - which I think I'm seeing in the Williams Blue Catalog....the one I have is definitely a red or -2....but others I've played sure seem like a standard -1 to me...

Lionman!

#1285 3 years ago

Also - what's the thought on replacing the upper playfield bat.....the seem to be no longer available....use the TSPP one? Does it need to modified?

#1286 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/105690

Unobtainium 5-Bank Opto Board for sale. I had an extra - working 100%. Only found in SOF and prototype Rollergames pins.

Thanks!
Matt

#1287 3 years ago

And in the continued field of SOF unobtainium we are going through test fittings for the upper playfield chute #03-8137 ...... but we don't know the interest in the part - any thoughts about this part being remade? Any one need one?

Matt
M&M Creations

20201116_075920 (resized).jpg20201116_075920 (resized).jpg20201116_080002 (resized).jpg20201116_080002 (resized).jpg20201116_080028 (resized).jpg20201116_080028 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1288 3 years ago

We've completed testing and are officially announcing that the SOF upper playfield chute is no longer unobtainium. Part #03-8137 is available for $35 plus shipping (typically $4.75 in the US, more abroad). Just PM me if interested, thank you!

Matt
M&M Creations

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

We've completed testing and are officially announcing that the SOF upper playfield chute is no longer unobtainium. Part #03-8137 is available for $35 plus shipping (typically $4.75 in the US, more abroad). Just PM me if interested, thank you!
Matt
M&M Creations

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sof-chute-03-8137-now-available#post-5992817

We updated the design a bit...new pics up!

Matt & Dan

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Eurk, 3D printed stuff :-s
I really hope you tested it thoroughly with thousand of chutes, cause I have the utmost difficulties believing it will withstand long term abuse.
But kudos for the try!

Like everything we do....you bet...understand the concerns, we never shy away from discussions. Dan and I are engineers by day...one mechanical, the other electrical - so we understand the need for testing and always have the same concerns anyone else would have. Today's materials and printers are quite remarkable - with plenty of data and testing to show how well things hold up...we both own SOF and both have the chute in our pins - and no problems - further the materials we choose were selected for their flexibility and impact strengths - as opposed to tensile & temperature which is not needed here. Beyond that we were able to improve the mount point that fails most often by use of fillets instead of gussets.....the concern over 3D printing parts be no further looked than even the Multimorphic pins (Lexi Lightspeed, Heist...) - did you know their flipper bats are 3D printed? They take a heck of a lot more abuse than this chute would even remotely see....so rest assured - it won't fail....

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

TSPP and WPT were the 2 options (WPT better for the color) but now even those have become very hard to come accross.
For the shooter spring, no idea. It's not in the manual?

WPT seems to be gone...but the TSPP flippers are available, but both need to be modified to accept a C-clip - this keeps the bat from rubbing along the upper playfield - a critical piece for this flipper that is not on the TSPP or WPT. The WPT is white and the TSPP yellow - so couple things - the bat needs to be painted (as yellow doesn't match too well for SOF) - the length of the shaft needs to shed 2" - not critical - but easy to do....but the groove for the C-clip is the hard part....not easy to cut a groove in that steel - that small and with a bat attached...

The shooter spring in the manual (not called out the game manual - you have to reference the Blue manual) calls for a standard spring, it seems most online parts suppliers believe it to be the red spring (which some may have done as a 'mod' of sorts)....

1 week later
#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from byurick:

Newbie here, wondering about the upper left (middle?) flipper. I can't seem to get it to flip the ball up the middle ramp, maybe gets halfway at best. Is that by design or do I just have a weak flipper?

Possibly a weak flipper - if you haven't rebuilt that flipper in a while - then definitely do that....very rarely an electronic problem, typically mechanical wear/tear is the cause for weak flippers...also check the coil is the correct type as in the manual....

1 month later
#1315 3 years ago

Seems like all of the SOF's we've looked at - the upper playfield chutes look like the pics below (red circles)....the mounting tab is broken where the ball drops. Most owners don't realize it, until they go and look. It's 2 screws and you remove it from underneath the main playfield....but either way - we've got you covered....we've reproduced the chute with improved strength/durability (see bottom pic)! Hit me up if interested....

Matt
M&M Creations

IMG_10551 (resized).jpgIMG_10551 (resized).jpg141159268_1292985747745286_2333658822823583814_n (resized).jpg141159268_1292985747745286_2333658822823583814_n (resized).jpg8fcbc1b833e99c75e1c6e51a08021f6272f99574 (resized).jpg8fcbc1b833e99c75e1c6e51a08021f6272f99574 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I need a right side lane guide (guides the ball to the right flipper). Anyone have one of these by chance? I supposed I could make one out of plastic but would like a metal one if possible. Mine is seriously worn to the point I can't adjust it anymore and the ball doesn't roll nice to the flipper.

https://passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

This link should help you on your way my friend!

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Awesome! Thank you!

Well...and thank you for buying a chute : ) !!!

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I highly recommend this Chute. Real nice fit and seems nice and strong vs original. Sure beats the duct tape job the last guy did on the machine!! haha...
[quoted image]

Alright!!! Looks good....the reason they haven't been remade is these things were injection molded - wherever those molds are....and can't be made via vacuum forming like other ramps....thus this was the only way...and frankly - better than the originals we think....the geometry was complex - and it took a lot of CAD work - but we did it....

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

2 weeks later
#1338 3 years ago

What's everyone's favorite instruction cards - I need to update mine....

3 weeks later
#1343 3 years ago

SOF Upper Playfield Flipper C-11927-5 is now available!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sof-upper-playfield-flipper-c-11927-5-no-longer-unobtainium#post-6201562

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

20210324_093258 (resized).jpg20210324_093258 (resized).jpg20210324_093702 (resized).jpg20210324_093702 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1353 3 years ago

Wanted to pass this along for SOF owners that have, or will purchase, Freeplay40 ramps and Cliffy's ramp protectors....it seems some older Freeplay 40 ramps may have the narrower shoulder - mine purchased in Nov of 2020 - did not.

Through some minor miscommunication between the two parties, the result is the center ramp protector's shoulder catch is too narrow for the wider ramp shoulder of the center ramp. The protector can work - but you'll either have to Dremel the ramp shoulder a bit (about 3-4mm) or modify the protector....since the pin was recently restored - thus the ramp installed - I simply couldn't see kicking up plastic dust in the pin to bother with a Dremel - so I chose modification of the ramp protector.

And yes, both Mark, Cliff & I corresponded prior to this post....

See attached pics...what I did, was Dremel off a portion of the shoulder catch and carefully shape the protector to best match the curve of the ramp. I used some high-strength Scotch double-sided tape and attached the protector to the ramp. Seems to work perfect with little effort and little mess....ALSO be aware that the original post that protector attaches to - did not have a tap for a bolt or thread for a nut - you'll have to replace that post too!!!

Matt
20210413_135538 (resized).jpg20210413_135538 (resized).jpg
20210414_200619 (resized).jpg20210414_200619 (resized).jpg20210414_200554 (resized).jpg20210414_200554 (resized).jpg20210414_204547 (resized).jpg20210414_204547 (resized).jpg20210414_204930 (resized).jpg20210414_204930 (resized).jpg

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Does anyone do a mirrored glass for this game?

Negative

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from avanwinkle:

Anyone have hot tips on how to debug/repair the drop bank opto sensors? I took apart my bank the other day to replace the springs and clean it (was feeling real sluggish on some of the targets) and now I can't get switch detection on the second target.
I verified that the switch still engages at the header cable that plugs into the PCB, removed the coil assembly and tested by manually blocking the opto receivers. All the other four reported as expected, but number 2 gives me nothing. There's no visible damage to the board or any resistors.
Shy of replacing the whole board, what are your suggestions for finding the issue and repairing?

Either by blowing the opto and/or cleaning with >91% iso alcohol (and a lint-less tip) - if it doesn't register in test mode - by manually activating the drops...then the opto could likely be bad and needs to be replaced...the replacement opto is available at Pinball Life and is not expensive....I just sold an SOF opto board (a spare) in which I had to replace 3 of the 5 opto's...takes no time at all....

#1367 3 years ago

Well rintintim you needed the unobtainium drop target cover for your SOF - well, we aim to please! On its way to you today!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

20210424_080022 (resized).jpg20210424_080022 (resized).jpg
#1369 2 years ago

Found this in my wife's nightstand.....Lionman?!

53168508._SY475_ (resized).jpg53168508._SY475_ (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1371 2 years ago

Next step - since the diodes and resistors are unlikely to fail - you'll want to look at traces for the obvious and then it's down to that driver transistor - I've had to replace one in the past!

#1375 2 years ago

It's held where you saw it (the linkage beneath the main playfield)....but it's possible you have either an original or modified TSPP flipper - you can tell if you look along the shaft and see a groove with a C-clip - that's mean to keep the flipper from dragging on the upper playfield and falling down (so to speak).....that groove/c-clip could be obstructed in some way?

Matt

1 month later
#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Does anyone have a spare left slingshot plastic? Mine has a corner broken off, would like to replace but all my other plastics are in good shape so I don't want to drop $170 for a full new set.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112055

I'm selling my OEM, but used, set....includes the slings obviously...but the set is $60...

Matt

1 week later
#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from byurick:

Having the same issue and its intermittent. Some games they work perfect and others theres a random delay like you describe. I haven't replaced my opto board but I've cleaned it several times and everything registers properly in test mode.

Main(e) thing to do is reflow the connectors on the opto board and the power supply....if it is not a mechanical problem AND the opto's are clean (or it's a new board)....

here's a link as this is a common issue with SOF.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-targets-on-swords-of-fury-not-registering

2 months later
#1404 2 years ago

Check the ramps over well for any cracks and damage (new ones available from Freeplay40)....
Check the upper playfield to lower playfield chute (it's 2 screws removed from the bottom of the main playfield) the chute is almost always broken
I didn't see a lot of mention of the boards - so check those over well - Power Supply caps, alkaline damage on the MPU, burns at the interconnect - the usual things.
Cliffy does make ramp protectors

We do offer a simple 'mod' ...we remade the drop target decals and they are color-coded - so instead of just being orange - each drop matches the color of the playfield lanes and lights above....just PM me for that....

Matt

#1406 2 years ago

The spinner decals are available - search for Mikonis (or zonaarcade I think as well) - I think he's posted them in this club as well as on pinside - he makes most of the decals for the pin...

We make just the color coded decals on the drops - what you ordered are the drop targets AND the decals that go on them...if your drops are in good condition - our decals are only $6USD (that includes shipping!)

Matt

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

How did you get your wire forms blue like that? Did you send out to a place?

She probably did the same as I did....I had mine black powder coated.....

Matt

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Where did you send them?
We’re you happy with the results?
How have they held up?

Robert stone did them.... Very happy..... Held up perfectly......I like black for the color....I tend to like things to blend in than stand out....

4 months later
#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from Auror:

Hey sandviper there is a guy who sells the spinner decals on eBay and says he ships worldwide. Here is the link to the auction: ebay.com link: itm Good luck with the build!

Can't speak to the eBay ones - but can to Zona Arcades (Mikonos') - his decals - he has more than just the SOF spinners - are excellent....he's here on Pinside Mikonos

Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm considering this game, but have never come across it on location to actually play it. For you guys in the owner's club, how good of a game is this compared to other System 11 machines? I love the music. Is this a long-term keeper in a collection?
Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

I was a DMD snob for a long while - although in the past a Whirlwind did come and go....I got back into Sys 11 with my SOF about 1.5yrs ago....and I have to say - I really feel it is an excellent pin - even within the confines of the Sys 11 arena. Aside from the sounds and such - I like the layout and functional shots - all 4 flippers are important to master....the upper playfield is unique - as are the horseshoe shots and ramps...so far, it's a long-term keeper for me - like a lot of Sys 11' s (which aren't necessary deep pins) it's best in a collection of a few pins - but I think you'd enjoy it - and buy now - the prices on this one are climbing!!!

1 month later
#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Fairly new SOF owner and finally got my clear ramps installed from Freeplay40 & WoW what ‘game changer’ it is on this machine!
The look/feel plus additional lighting it provides really compliments this awesome game. And I don’t know what he did to the ramps but my first test game I beat my highscore(;
Q: Has anyone added lighting to underneath the upper left playfield & ifso what does it entail to get under there?
THX[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, and later today my partner will post some pics of what we did and the kit we will be selling for it....

Matt
M&M Creations

2 weeks later
#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Making good progress putting my Swords of Fury back together and undoing quite a few workarounds and oddities from the previous owners.
The first picture is how the mini playfield was setup when I first got it.
The second is me trying to put it back to the way it should be. But I think I am missing some posts under the left large plastic.
Can anyone here be a pal and please share a picture of what is supposed to be under that plastic in the area I’ve circled?[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Chris - ...the pic you took above is mostly correct for what is on the mini-playfield within your circle - from top to bottom: light socket, post, nothing...then just outside of the circle is where the other light socket is supposed to be such that both lights face each other under that plastic...dos that help?

Matt
M&M Creations

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks Matt. What kind of post is it supposed to be? I suppose since it’s hidden I can use the needle post that was there before.

That's exactly correct - it's the same needle post as on mine...

Matt

#1475 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Sweet! Thanks.
I have been using the Arcooda and Xbox Kinect 3D version of the table to try to figure out how it was supposed to be.
Here’s how far I got.
The bubbled and janky “jackpots” sticker is always going to bug me.
[quoted image]

It shouldn't .....there are replacement decals! look up Mikonos he sells the spinners, that decal and the one on the magic tunnel!

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=61960773&fbclid=IwAR1o_Mv1UGJksAwCO2BQ4XNJ50palH_ky2ThA1_6toIhUMyCE9kANPtIHuM#entry448825626

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I ordered replacement spinners from an eBay seller. But it turns out they are not the complete version. Until recently they only had one side of the balrog and the titans. I scanned and shared the other side.
I am aware of Mikonos from googling earlier this week but still trying to figure out how to contact them to arrange a purchase. I will probably need to create an account on that forum and send them a dm.

He's here on Pinside - it's easy to order from him....I gave you his handle (@mikonos) ....I think there is an email as well - but I have all of his decals on my machine - we actually gave him the originals to scan for the repro's...

Matt

2 weeks later
1 month later
#1497 1 year ago

Yellow is 15-5/8" and Red is 14-1/2"

1 month later
#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

Do your shafts have the grove at the bottom as well as in the middle?
I know the middle groove serves a purpose, but is the groove at the bottom necessary?
[quoted image]

The one at the bottom serves no critical purpose - just the one in the middle to keep the bat from dragging the upper playfield - it rests on the bushing...

Matt

1 week later
#1512 1 year ago

Typically this is because of some battery related issue (voltage dropped to the RAM) ....hows the holder/batteries look - any prior alkaline damage? Is it NVRAM'd?

Matt

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

New batteries didn't do the trick. I even lightly sanded the pos/neg terminals but still adjust failure.

If you go into diagnostics it will then clear... Just in and back out.... And watch if it comes back....

3 weeks later
#1523 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sof-upper-playfield-flipper-c-11927-5-no-longer-unobtainium

The upper playfield flippers never were unobtainium...we've been making them for quite some time....that said, do love this new system being offered...however, a word of caution...the E-clip is missing on the shaft on their solution (likely an easy fix) and it is critical for upper playfield flippers like SOF...this clip allows the flipper to rest atop the bushing below and keeps the flipper from dragging/wearing on the upper playfield. When you see SOF's with upper playfield wear near the flipper - that was because the clip fell off - or a replacement was used (typically from TSPP) which didn't have the clip.....

Matt

4 months later
#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Really happy with the condition of this game. Might be worth restoring.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely - especially with the hardtop available...ramps and such - it's an amazing pin!

Matt

#1551 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

DUDE ... wtf ... I think that's a testament to how fun this game is -- it NEVER even occurred to me until you said this, that there are no pop bumpers!
Hilariously, a few days ago I was having a conversation with my son about how unusual it is for a game to be without pop bumpers -- while we were standing literally five feet away from SoF. (The only ones that came to mind offhand right then were Big Guns -- which we used to own -- and No Fear. I'm sure there are several more ... apparently including SoF! lol)[quoted image]

Shadow has none..

1 week later
#1557 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Supposed to be these, though someone sells a set that match the colors of each "lane". I have them (since you can see U have an original that's damaged) but I haven't installed them yet obviously.
[quoted image]

That's us... We sell the color coordinated decals....

Matt

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I need the stand-ups, not the drops. Do you have a pic of those?

I am not aware of decals on the stand ups being original...just the drops and the spinners...

1 month later
#1567 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Mine has the same; 1 metal and 1 plastic. Not sure where to find them though.

Agreed - 1 metal, 1 plastic...you'll have to search out the Blue for the parts.... https://www.planetarypinball.com/williamsbally-parts-manuals

4 months later
#1601 9 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Send a PM to Sonic, he's got color-matched decals for those drop targets. I bought em but haven't put em on yet.

We sure do! $7 shipped.....we also have the ramp decal (yours looks intact), the unobtainium upper flipper (yours looks good) and the drop target trough (which are almost always broken - so check yours!).....

Matt

#1603 9 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Can't seem to find your shop. Got a link?

Ain't got one...just PM me here and I'll give you the PayPal/Venmo instructions...and away it goes 1st class mail!

Matt

5 months later
#1615 4 months ago

Just got the Wolffpac Tech LED display (the build it yourself kit)....in blue for SOF....gotta say - didn't take long to put together and looks fantastic....for $155 total to your door - well worth it over the other LED options....

If anyone needs an original plasma display - completely working - no issues at all...PM me, or look for it in the classifieds

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/169445

Lionman!

Wolffdp

Matt

IMG20231215165820 (resized).jpgIMG20231215165820 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1618 3 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Bump.
Anyone shop one? Easy compared to other system 11s? Harder? Pain?

I found it not difficult.... The upper playfield is a little tricky... But the rest is not bad at all....

Matt

2 weeks later
#1625 3 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys I’m getting switch error 16. “Bottom tube” switch.
Manual has the map of the switches, but it doesn’t have a 16 pointing to any switches!
Anyone know where switch 16 is?

Good question...let alone switch 15 - the top tube...all I can suggest is green/red and white/violet are your colors...and green red's are in the shooter lane/trough/outhole - so gotta be near'ish?

1 month later
#1643 64 days ago
Quoted from ABigRock:

Hello again everyone,
I wanted to follow up from my previous post. I ended up rebuilding the flipper assembly and replacing both flipper switches. Unlike what that manual says it did require SW-1010A-13 instead of SW-10A-48. I just wanted to document it here so maybe someone in the future has an answer if needed.
As far as the LED question recently asked. I swapped all my bulbs with Cointaker frosted premium warm white non-ghosting LEDs. Gives the same look but takes some of the strain off the interconnect board GA plug.
Thanks!

Sorry missed your earlier post for help - glad you got it resolved and documented...same for GI - all LED - I'm done with the burnt connectors...I've taken it to the displays too...done with high voltage failures...swapped to LED displays from Wolffpac Tech....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.