IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyking2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1027 5 years ago

In case anyone here hasn't heard the awesome Stemage cover of the SoF music:

P.S. I owned a SoF for a few months (picked it up and held it for a friend who eventually came to retrieve it) ... loved it, great game!

2 months later
#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi Guys. I would like to find a led display in red - are there any still around? Xpin and Pinscore are only doing whites and orange I think...
Any help appreciated. Would rather not use the gels or stickers if possible. Thankyou.

There are still Rottendog DIS200 boards in red available, I just got one for my Big Guns recently.

2 years later
#1320 3 years ago

LIONMAAAAN!!! Here's an awesome new product I just came up with:

There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns. I'm taking it to the next dimension -- with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

SoF_1_RCP (resized).jpgSoF_1_RCP (resized).jpg SoF_4_RCP (resized).jpgSoF_4_RCP (resized).jpg

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent red which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For Swords of Fury, they feature a golden lion head -- in honor of LIONMAAAAN! -- protruding from the face of the button.

SOF_2_RCP (resized).jpgSOF_2_RCP (resized).jpg SoF_3_RCP (resized).jpgSoF_3_RCP (resized).jpg

Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04796-3d-coin-reject-buttons-swords-of-fury-lionman). (My daughter gets a commission too; this was her idea!)

3 weeks later
#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Idea is great. Will take one if you produce cast versions.

I appreciate the comment. Unfortunately, I don't foresee getting into casting in the near future.

3 months later
#1380 2 years ago

I've rejoined the club! A few years ago, I picked up a SoF locally for an amazing price, on behalf of a friend who lives a few hours away. I had it for a few months, spent time working on its issues, and really fell in love with the game -- the theme, the music, the adventurous layout, you all know the reasons. He eventually came and retrieved it -- but not without my securing right of first buyback.

Well, the time finally came this week -- we traded my High Speed and a little cash in his direction, and now LIONMAAAN has returned!

(Funny story, he forgot the backglass & translite, so my family used it as an excuse to buy the CPR backglass for Father's Day. I've heard mixed reviews, and I was torn myself, but we'll see I guess. It's already arrived but I'll be opening it today. I'll eventually get the glass and translite from my friend so worst case I can swap em out.)

Some of you may have seen earlier in this thread that I have coin reject buttons available for this game in my shop (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04796-3d-coin-reject-buttons-swords-of-fury-lionman) ... now that I have the game in hand, I decided to try something a little different -- I made them in opaque teal and printed the lion in a 'steel' color, so they'd match the color & trim on the cabinet, and I LOVE how they turned out. I've added this variety to the listing in my shop if anyone else wants them. Sure, they don't light up since they're not translucent (except for a tiny bit of light that comes out through the hollow eyes), but they really pop.

SoF_teal1_RCP (resized).jpgSoF_teal1_RCP (resized).jpgSoF_teal1_installed (resized).jpgSoF_teal1_installed (resized).jpgSoF_teal2_installed (resized).jpgSoF_teal2_installed (resized).jpgSoF_teal3_installed (resized).jpgSoF_teal3_installed (resized).jpg

I also plan to add my colored posts (probably in the same teal or the light blue others have gotten from me), and I do have an idea for another cool mod that I'll hopefully find time to work on soon ... more details on that when it's ready!

Anyway, just wanted to reintroduce myself to the club; there's one intermittent issue that remains that I might discuss here (or in a dedicated thread later on) after I look around for some info and do some troubleshooting (involving the kickout from the Power 1 lock location sometimes not making it out, and then rolling back in and it thinking I just found Power 2). More on that later, gotta go open my backglass!

#1381 2 years ago

Does anyone have a spare left slingshot plastic? Mine has a corner broken off, would like to replace but all my other plastics are in good shape so I don't want to drop $170 for a full new set.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112055
I'm selling my OEM, but used, set....includes the slings obviously...but the set is $60...
Matt

Thanks Matt. I looked again, all my other pieces are good, I hate to make you break up a full set just for one piece, especially if there's someone else out there who could use it...

2 weeks later
#1391 2 years ago

Well wait a sec, don't the drops have some delay built in? Each time you knock them all down and advance the multiplier, they stay down longer the time around, to make it more challenging to reach the next multiplier level, no?

1 month later
#1395 2 years ago

Anyone have pictures of the connectors for the drop target board? My cat got stuck inside the machine today and now this connector (single black/yellow wire) is hanging loose and my drop targets aren't working now. I connected it to each of the three pins on the right side and they don't register when hit, in any configuration.

The answer to the burning question is, my son was playing earlier, got a ball stuck, and tried to open the machine. The lockdown bar lever is sticky/tough so he couldn't release it...and walked away and left the door open. I walked through later, saw the door open, and closed it on the way by (so the cat wouldn't jump inside). Well an hour or so later I was in the vicinity and could hear the cat crying, trapped inside the machine. When I opened it back up he couldn't get out because he was tangled in the wires in the back -- had to get an extra person so we could carefully lift the playfield to get him untangled, poor dude. He's plenty dirty and scared, but fine.

16293323030393166987419012001348 (resized).jpg16293323030393166987419012001348 (resized).jpg
#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from Staffan:

Here is a picture from mine...[quoted image]

THANK YOU! I found another loose wire wire with a terminal on the end, hanging down loose, that appears to have been pulled out of the connector when he got tangled up in there. I set it in the 1 position like your yellow one, and the black in the 3 position, and I'm back in business. Thanks!

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh man that’s a great story! Tragic, but I’m glad the cat is ok, totally something that would happen in my house

Seriously, I'm just glad it was only for a short while -- probably scary enough for only the hour or so he was in there.

4 months later
#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from Lockenick:

Joined the club here recently, really enjoying the game! I was looking into some of the in game music and found a site with all the music ripped from the game roms. I was wondering if anyone has heard this “untitled” track 5 and knew if it was actually used in the game?
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/swords-of-fury-williams-pinball-soundtrack

If you like that then you'll love this:

1 month later
#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

For you guys in the owner's club, how good of a game is this compared to other System 11 machines? I love the music. Is this a long-term keeper in a collection?

I can't get enough of this game -- killer music, a unique layout, excellent theme integration. It truly feels like a "dungeon quest" -- you enter the dungeon and immediately battle some monsters (upper PF drop targets), then explore the dungeon with its mysterious tunnels that take unusual paths and exit in unexpected places. You find power ups down one dark tunnel (lock balls) and collect items (avenger targets), enter more rooms with monsters to fight (ramp back to upper pf), you encounter the balrog and have to flee (tiny u-turn with spinners), you can enter another tunnel and whose exit can mysteriously change (lionman ramp), after enough power ups you can battle the horde and free the titan (multiball)...

...seriously if you get a little imaginative, this is a great world under glass and you go on a quest each time you play.

While it doesn't necessarily play as fast as other System 11 games (e.g. BK2K), that's somewhat in the nature of the theme of your sneaking around in the dungeon. Yet it keeps that System 11 charm of just-the-right-amount of rules/objectives. I absolutely love this game, it's unique and different. I was so glad to get it back and it won't be going anywhere anytime soon (if ever).

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I see there is a turn-around tunnel shot. I'm not quite sure what knocking the drops down does on the upper playfield.

The turnaround tunnel (either side of the Lionman ramp) is Ogre's Alley -- you can either Advance its value or Collect its value based on which side you enter and which action is lit. (These are also in the outlanes.) You can Advance it all the way up to 500K!

The drop targets increase your end of ball bonus multiplier, if you knock all 5 down. They take longer to pop back up each time to increase the difficulty. During multiball, the roving lit drop target awards the jackpot!

And just theme-wise in general, on my imaginary dungeon quest I envision having just entered a room full of orcs that I have to fight off.

#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from Auror:

Medisinyl made an incredible 3D Magic Tunnel mod a few years ago that looks amazing because he was able to capture that same look and feel from the plastics. I don't think it would be as amazing if he wasn't able to replicate the blue and purple stones. 
[quoted image]

Quoted from dashv:

I so wish I could get my hands on one of these.

This is still available on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4460224 ... I printed one a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to paint and install it, been too busy with Rush mods and day job and real life. I'd be happy to print one(s) for you guys in between other prints (I have 3 printers) if you don't mind throwing me a few bones for the material/print time/shipping.

Obviously, it comes out all in one color, and you'll have to paint it. I did mine in black so I'd just have to paint the stones.

3 weeks later
#1462 2 years ago

^ I think it's just based on how many times you've already achieved it and/or how many times you've spelled AVENGER. The more times you've done it, the shorter the Lionman timer (to make it more challenging). Similar (via increased challenge) to how drop targets stay down longer based on how many times you've completed them.

2 months later
#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Any tips on speaker upgrades? Mine work fine but I'm thinking that they could sound a lot better...anyone have success going to more modern speakers?

Actually I hooked up a Polk sub to it and even that did wonders, really gave the music some low frequency oomph that it was definitely missing. Gonna splice in my BK2K next

#1501 1 year ago

Rolled it for the first time on Thursday!!! Gives you a leading digit of 0, in case you're interested.

The craziest part about this was that one of my upper drop targets is acting up again and so it wasn't even available during this game!

20220505_192936 (resized).jpg20220505_192936 (resized).jpg
7 months later
#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Of what you've listed I'd think BK2000 is closest, and its not close at all.

The only thing close about these two games is how close together they sit in my collection.

20221209_151227 (resized).jpg20221209_151227 (resized).jpg

I also used to own a High Speed (in fact, that's what I traded for SoF). SoF is not as 'fast flow' as HS or BK2000, but it can't really be, by the nature of its layout. It's essentially a dungeon quest inside a pinball machine, so there are tunnels and twists and turns and unexpected things. I love this, because I love the fantasy/dungeon quest aspect of it and they captured it well with the design. It's a unique layout and plays very differently than other games of this era.

(Not considering rock band pins, these two have THE BEST music in all of pinball. I even have them hooked up to subwoofer for a little extra oomph, I feel it complements SoF even better than BK2000, with a liiiiittle more low frequency tone.)

Another consideration for acquiring one is the (hopefully sooner than later) release of the Swords of Vengeance upgrade. I played it at Pinball Expo this year and I'm 100% on board with buying it once it's available, to add to my machine. (See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-vengeance-a-conversion-kit-sequel-to-lionman )

#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Interest layout with no pops

DUDE ... wtf ... I think that's a testament to how fun this game is -- it NEVER even occurred to me until you said this, that there are no pop bumpers!

Hilariously, a few days ago I was having a conversation with my son about how unusual it is for a game to be without pop bumpers -- while we were standing literally five feet away from SoF. (The only ones that came to mind offhand right then were Big Guns -- which we used to own -- and No Fear. I'm sure there are several more ... apparently including SoF! lol)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Does anyone have a pic of the proper target decals for the stand-ups? Every pic I see, they are missing. Thanks

Supposed to be these, though someone sells a set that match the colors of each "lane". I have them (since you can see U have an original that's damaged) but I haven't installed them yet obviously.

20221217_152630 (resized).jpg20221217_152630 (resized).jpg

#1561 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I need the stand-ups, not the drops. Do you have a pic of those?

Oh derp, I guess I misread it since there aren't decals on the stand-ups, to my knowledge.

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Ok. So they were white from the factory then? Just thought they would've had decals but guess not. Thanks

Here's a screenshot off the original flyer, from ipdb.org , targets are plain white.

Screenshot_20221218_031031_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221218_031031_Chrome (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1571 1 year ago

Just be aware this backglass has some differences in the artwork and is VERY dark in some areas. The mirroring looks awesome, so that's the tradeoff. What really helped improve it was adding some bright (& colored in some spots) LEDs behind it -- incandescent were inadequate, the whole thing was too dim.

#1573 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks guys! Man that's a pricey translight! lol I like though..

It's expensive because it's an actual glass with the mirroring, not a translite.

20230227_205742 (resized).jpg20230227_205742 (resized).jpg

20230227_205903 (resized).jpg20230227_205903 (resized).jpg
#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Okay, it’s an actual glass I see. Looks nice! Does it come with the trim on it?

Hmmm... I don't think it did, IIRC. The listing says "Polished corners and edges, ready for new 1/8″ backglass trim and lift bar", so that kinda sounds like it doesn't. Pretty sure I transferred my old ones over to the new one.

1 month later
#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Have any of you guys upgraded you speakers or sound?

I did add a subwoofer and I love it, there's a surprising amount of bass in there you don't get to hear from the stock speakers. Definitely gets you pumped during multiball too, very bassy there!

#1584 12 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Okay yeah I like the music and figured it would definitely sound better. What sub did you get? pinsound?

I have a couple of these 10" Polk audio ones -- they go on sale for $100-$120 occasionally. They have two sets of inputs (so I hook 2 machines into each) and the bass output is adjustable to your liking.

Polk Audio PSW10 10" Powered Subwoofer - Power Port Technology, Up to 100 Watts, Big Bass in Compact Design, Easy Setup with Home Theater Systems Black

https://a.co/d/cn8cN8w

2 weeks later
#1592 11 months ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Quick question... when you hear the callout "Go for the tunnel!" and the magic tunnel ramp starts blinking, if you successfully hit the ramp is something supposed to happen? When I hit it I do hear a noise registering that the ball went up the ramp, but the countdown just continues anyway, and eventually a "TOO LATE" appears on the display. I have tested the switch for the ramp and it appears to be functioning and registering the ball properly. It makes the 'ascending' sound cue when I hit the ramp... Just not sure if I'm missing something else?

Hitting the tunnel during that time will complete the AVENGER targets for you. In turn, completing AVENGER will trigger LIONMAN to prompt you to shoot the middle ramp, though this can be challenging since now you're on the upper PF.

1 month later
#1598 9 months ago

I stand by my decision to hook up the external sub on this one.

Oh heck yeah, did mine too, zero regrets!

#1600 9 months ago

Anybody know what the material for the stickers on the drop targets is called here? At a minimum I need to replace what is there, but I was debating trying to color match them with the material. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Send a PM to @Sonic, he's got color-matched decals for those drop targets. I bought em but haven't put em on yet.

1 week later
#1607 9 months ago

Agreed on the drops. Mine was super gunked up when I got it, I had to clean it several times, as a previous owner had put some dumb thick grease on them. My friend who took ownership for a while also cleaned them several times -- but eventually we got them snappy. Also had one that intermittently would stop working, I eventually just ran a long bypass over the suspect wire and it's been perfect ever since. CHALLENGE ME!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyking2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=skyking2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.