IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 10 years ago

Neo, did you scan your PF while you had it out to clear it? PLEASE tell me you did!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually I totally forgot to scan that in when I restored it. It was kind of a hurry up rush thing, and didn't get a chance to scan it. I completely forgot I didn't until it was already halfway put together, and then it was already too late.

Damn! Ah well. Yours looks great though. Nice job!

1 month later
#61 10 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

There isn't a site you can buy individual plastics is there? I am missing the plastic that goes on top of the ramp in the back right corner area, and the tip of the plastic just to the left of the tunnel entrance is broken off. All I see is full sets for sale.

I have extra used plastics laying around. I am sure I can help you out.

#62 10 years ago

Wow, I just realized the 3 of us are all within like 15 miles of each other.

#65 10 years ago

Awe man, sorry. I just happen to stumble across these last couple of SOF parts wanted posts. I have 2 used plastic sets, so I can help you with that plastic too if you want it. What else do you need? I have a bunch of extra used parts, not everything, but quite a bit. Just let me know.

Also, your head lock was mailed out today!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Do you have this one, not broken at the thin bit?

166660.jpg 28 KB

I have 2 of these, but unfortunately both are cracked. One is cracked at the thin part at the bottom, and the other is cracked by the nose of the beast.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

I need a Left Slingshot Plastic, the only damaged plastic on my entire machine!

I can help you with that. Just shoot me a message about it.

1 week later
#75 10 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I just bought a SoF and love it.But I am so bummed out... I had an order placed with Marco specifically because they said they had the SoF Decal set in stock, so I placed a large order for other parts as well, all excited to finally finish up my SoF.. then the bubble bursts and they don't have the decal set. Can anyone help me here.. I looked on Kijiji and Ebay and nothing has come up

I have a set that only 1 decal was used from. If this will help you, shoot me a message and we can work something out. image.jpgimage.jpg

#78 10 years ago

I'd suggest using a slightly larger fender washer. The washer needs to stick out farther then the plastic in order to be effective.

8 months later
#138 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Quick question for all you seasoned SoF owners. Got mine over the weekend and I am busy shopping it out. I can;t tell from the pictures most people post but is the back of the playfield, where the top of the back meets up with the bottom of the head, is that sloped? I was racking my brain last night on how to fix it because it looked like it was misaligned and then it dawned on me that maybe the gap on the top left above the magic drop targets was intentional.
Can anyone confirm this?

Cant picture what you are referring to. Can you post up a pic of what gap you are talking about?

#140 9 years ago

The top of backboard should be level with the top of the cabinet/bottom of the head. How off is it from side to side?

#151 9 years ago

1. Is the entire playfield leaning to the left or is it just the backboard?

2. That rod is junk! File it down and remove it and toss it.

3. There is a short black plastic ramp with 2 tabs on each end of it. Its about as long as the drop assembly. I can shoot you a pic of one when I get home from work this afternoon.

#153 9 years ago

Did you try loosening the 2 screws on the back of the backboard to see if there is enough play to straighten it out? If the entire playfield is leaning, check the pivot brackets to make sure something isn't off there. That is really the only thing that could effect the entire playfield being off.

1 month later
#205 9 years ago

There is nothing in the upper PF hole. It just uses the bushing in the lower PF.

1 month later
#225 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Nelly rethemed a SOF (blasphemy I know!)

I'm never going to live this down am I?

Quoted from travisbmartin:

has anyone tried to make a wire guide. To take the ball from the upper playfield drain directly to the left inlane?

Yes as agodfrey said, I made one for the Buffy project. It was a TMNT green wire ramp that I cut down to fit. The ramps were not easy to come buy (I had to find 2 since I needed a second for Buffy#2). I do know someone that could fabricate these if it was something that people would be interested in. I would need to get his input on whether he would want to do it and how much they would cost though.

wire ramp.jpgwire ramp.jpg

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Me too depending on price and on whether or not I'd have to lose the spinner there.
Looks like there is not clearance for it with the wireform on, and noticed it was removed from Buffy.

Yes, I was looking at this too. It would have to be done differently to retain the spinner there. Not sure if it will be possible.

4 weeks later
#240 9 years ago

Pictures do not even do it justice. I cant tell you how many people didn't even notice there was an upper playfield there anymore when they looked at it.

Oh, and Mocean, I need to get you a plastic to cover the drop target assembly, stat!

#241 9 years ago

Here are some pics of my clear playfield.

clear slayfield.jpgclear slayfield.jpg

clear slayfield 2.jpgclear slayfield 2.jpg

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If someone figures out how to make the wireform and spinner co-exist, I'm really interested.

I have started to look into this. It may take making a new bracket to hold the spinner in order for everything to fit.

1 week later
#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

you can lock ball by backhanding shots from the upper left flipper. if you have one ball locked and lock it this way, it will start with two ball mb. much safer to do it this way with less risk of drain.

Actually there is suppose to be a wire gate in there to prevent that. If you can lock balls this way, yours is missing.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I know I have been having trouble with the gate in my Titan Tunnel. I get a lot of balls going all the way up and bouncing out. I need to pull the mini PF off to see what might be happening. I know the gate WAS there when I shopped it out in Oct.

One of the many pluses to having a clear upper playfield. You get to see everything that is happening under there.

7 months later
#384 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Has anyone done a 1 scan of the playfields used in this game ?

I did a couple of years ago. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find the files.

1 month later
#402 8 years ago

Anyone have a use for these hydro printed wood grain SOF ramps? The upper ramp is perfect, fully populated, with no cracking anywhere and the lower ramp has very slight hairline cracking at the entrance. Let me know if anyone is feeling adventurous and wants to put them in their SOF.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Those are pretty! Where did they come from?

I did the hydro printing on them myself. They were used in my Buffy machine. I have since modified the the flow of the upper ramp on the Buffy pin. When I did this I didn't want to cut up and modify the original ramp, so I modified one of the repro ramps instead. So I now have these extras here that I can no longer use.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Nelly, you ever think about selling just the wireform for the upper playfield exit to the left inlane? I seriously HATE that ball drop....makes no sense why they didnt put a wireform there like you did. It may not even be an option without major modification, just a thought.

I actually have not thought about that. I am sure I could have a few of them made if there was enough interest. Price would depend on how many would be interested though.

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Agree that's one of the nicest changes you made & I would be interested in one if you made them available if it didn't interfere with the spinner but as I remember I think the spinner was eliminated to make room for the wire form .... if I am mistaken about that please correct me

Ahhhhh, yes. That's right. I have been without my spinners for so long that I forgot that there was one even there. Yes, the spinner would need to be eliminated for this to work right. Sorry.

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

OK club, tell me why I shouldnt sell SOF for a HH......

Wishy washy. Lol

2 weeks later
#426 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Anyone have a use for these hydro printed wood grain SOF ramps? The upper ramp is perfect, fully populated, with no cracking anywhere and the lower ramp has very slight hairline cracking at the entrance. Let me know if anyone is feeling adventurous and wants to put them in their SOF.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bump! Would like to part with these. Anyone here interested? $150 shipped in the US 48.

1 week later
#429 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

What's the best order to remove the mini-playfield. (do I need to unscrew the drop targets underneath or does it just stick up through the miniplayfield? The sword flasher (6C) is out and (1) (miniplayfield flasher) is out. Where exactly is the miniplayfield flasher as it's not in the operators or parts manual.
Thanks.
-Paul

The drop targets need to be removed first as well as the small ramp behind them and then the flipper bat. Once you have that done there are a couple of plugs that need to be disconnected and the rest is handled from the top of the playfield. Its really not that hard to do. I can have the mini playfield out in under 5 min.

The mini playfield flasher is located under the main playfield right next to the upper saucer eject. If all you're looking to do is fix the mini playfield flasher you DO NOT need to remove the mini playfield.

1 month later
#499 8 years ago

Judging from the 4th pic in his post, I'm gonna say not likely. Poor SOF.

2 weeks later
#574 8 years ago

That is the spacer for the left side of the drop target mech. One side mounts to the mini playfield and the threaded hole side mounts to the drop assembly.

Which ball gate are you after? The long one that mounts on top of the mini playfield or the short one that is under the mini playfield?

#576 8 years ago

No problem. Do you just need the swinging gate or the mount as well?

1 month later
#670 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can someone help me out with a scan of the two stickers; one on top of the target bank and the one on top of the upper ramp?
Thanks!
~d

Contact member Chosen_S. He remade these decals a while back and may have some for you.

9 months later
#795 7 years ago

Anyone have a use for a used SOF playfield? Has original mylar still installed. There is some wear near the upper loop inserts and the Release the Titans insert. Could also use a good cleaning. Might be a good candidate for a playfield restoration. Any idea what something like this is worth?

IMG_3601 (resized).JPGIMG_3601 (resized).JPG
IMG_3583 (resized).JPGIMG_3583 (resized).JPG
IMG_3584 (resized).JPGIMG_3584 (resized).JPG
IMG_3585 (resized).JPGIMG_3585 (resized).JPG
IMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3586 (resized).JPG
IMG_3587 (resized).JPGIMG_3587 (resized).JPG
IMG_3588 (resized).JPGIMG_3588 (resized).JPG
IMG_3589 (resized).JPGIMG_3589 (resized).JPG

#797 7 years ago

I have the upper as well. It's in great shape.

IMG_3604 (resized).JPGIMG_3604 (resized).JPG

IMG_3605 (resized).JPGIMG_3605 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#843 7 years ago
Quoted from Triglyph:

Hey everybody, I'm looking to replace my spinners (all 3), but having a hard time finding a source online that isn't sold out of SoF specific spinners.
Has anyone used a Universal Williams spinner (A-7861-KU) in their game? Doesn't exactly look like the right shape.
Or is there a better replacement available that I haven't come across?
Thanks !

I am pretty sure I have both spinner assemblies (all 3 spinners) if you are interested in them. I can confirm tonight when I get home.

2 months later
#890 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Trying to figure out a few things hanging under the playfield. Any idea where the giant light bulb goes? How about the wayward plug in front of the black hose? Nothing appears to match either item and there isn't enough room for a bulb that size to illuminate any inserts.

That flasher should be for the large insert in the middle of the playfield. That plug appears to have white with grey stripe and green with orange stripe wires which would make it the plug for right spinner switch on the lower loop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=nelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.