IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 9 years ago

Ramps, Ramps, Ramps... Swords of Fury is on my radar for a custom ramp. On some other threads, guys thought a dark transparent red would be cool. I no longer have this game so if any of you are interested in participating in a new ramp for this game in say the next 3-4 months... (have others I want to do first) get in touch with me. What I would be looking for is someone possibly in the middle of a restore that would be willing to "loan" me their ramp for about a month. In exchange I would offer a free custom colored or clear ramp.

#186 9 years ago

I'm going to do Space Shuttle too and have a local source and machine for that one...

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

There is an electronics shop local to me that does molds. If they got an original plastic ramp in good shape, they could make vacuum molds of multiple ramps for people to have "backups". They've got multiple color plastic pebbles, I've seen some of the work they've done, looks good. Dunno what they cost though, never asked. They're Greenbrook Electronics in Greenbrook NJ. Really friendly knowledgeable old guys there.

Are you talking about 3D printed ramps? Or just molds to form ramps over?

1 week later
#192 9 years ago

I did get a volunteer SOF ramp from Pinsider, Nelly. SOF is next up and looks like I will be doing both the upper and lower ramps. If interested in following along I started a thread today specific to these ramps.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps

3 months later
#267 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

My locks work good.
I do have a problem with my 2nd gate on the ramp, the diverter is delayed or slow. I think I need to rebuild it.

The diverter on SOF is similar in design to the ones on High Speed and F-14. On the bottom of each shaft there is an arm that is welded to the shaft that provides the rotation for the diverter. Often the weld is broken. If so, any welding shop can repair it.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if the weld is broken, wouldn't it stop working altogether?

Not necessarily. I've seen two of them where the action just just sloppy. It is very easy to check. Just manually pull the arms out and make sure they actuate as one. If they move independently at all the weld on one has failed and the actuating arm is rotating loosely on the end of the shaft.

1 month later
#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Joining the club! Can hardly wait for the ramps to be made!

Hoping to start test forming in the next few days!

1 month later
#323 8 years ago

Hey!... Photos of the new ramps in a variety of colors that will be available in the next couple weeks posted in this thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/6

3 weeks later
1 week later
#342 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Back in the club! Finally.

And new ramps on the way!

7 months later
#506 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Gorgeous playfield nerdygrrl!

Well. I want to see the new ramp!

1 week later
#553 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Soon to be going through my SoF, clear 'Mark D' ramps on the way along with a number of other items of course.

Looks like your Cliffy order is in town. Should have it today so will ship your ramps tomorrow!

1 week later
#593 8 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I can't believe I am considering doing the same to Rollergames now.

It gets a little easier after the first one. Best part is seeing that finished product. Better than new!

BTW... NICE RAMP!

Just noticed you have an F-14 in the back ground. Next up for me is the F-14 ramp in clear blue or red.

1 month later
#672 8 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks Nelly,
I did that for two sets (mine and a friend's who I am restoring for) but unfortunately they never made it to me, got lost in the mail.

I'd give him another try. I just got a set sent to me to consolidate with a ramp order going to Australia.

1 month later
#703 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

1.) Anyone know what screw post is needed to replace the original one on the left side of the center ramp? I have no way of attaching the ramp protector with the one originally there.

I've only seen a screw post there...(Accepts a screw on top). Can shoot you a photo if you want.

Quoted from travisbmartin:

2.) Test fit the wireforms to the diverter ramp, and I don't have enough clearance for the ball to go from the ramp to the wireform. Am I missing some washers?

That's just going to need to be tweaked. The "V" carved into the ramp will need to be shaved a little where it's creating a pinch....Dremel with a sanding drum works great. PM me if you want to discuss some more.

2 months later
1 year later
#959 6 years ago

I've used the "Y" method....works well.

3 months later
#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from Leftshoe:

I am in need of the ramp protector that sits on the left side of upper ramp entrance. It’s about 5” long. There were several versions of it, it may have been screwed or riveted to the ramp. Mine is totally missing, got new ramps, looking for replacement.
I pinched some photos for examples.
If anyone has any intel please holler.
#SwordsofFury

I can make you one.

#1006 6 years ago

Just like that!

IMG_1339 (resized).JPGIMG_1339 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1009 6 years ago

Since you did not have an original to compare the positioning with, suggest you place the ramp in the machine to determine where best to drill for it. The end of the protector should be in the area of the two large holes in the flap where your hold down screws go.

1 year later
#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

I'm a new proud owner of Swords of Fury. Is there a schematic available? Thanks!

Can be downloaded from the International Pinball Database here....

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Swords+of+Fury&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2486

4 months later
#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmuis:

Hey guys, I'm getting my SoF in the next few weeks. I send a PM to freeplay40 about the ramps but didn't get a reply, does anybody know if I can purchase the ramps somewhere else?

My apologies.... I had another international order for the SOF ramps at the same time and I must have gotten the two of you confused. Found your pm and responding now.

10 months later
#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I put the red in mine & like it , but If I could do it over I would go Clear

As the maker of these ramps, my first preference is both in clear. There is a plastic to the left of the lower ramp that has 5 or 6 GI bulbs under it. LED's give us so many color options. The light from this GI shines up very nicely through both ramps. I put red LED's under the plastic with game I have here. My second choice for color combinations is a clear upper and a red lower.

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Thanks! Do you have pictures of them installed like the two options you mention?

Scroll down this page....lots of pic of the various combinations...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/6

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.