IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avanwinkle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1363 3 years ago

Anyone have hot tips on how to debug/repair the drop bank opto sensors? I took apart my bank the other day to replace the springs and clean it (was feeling real sluggish on some of the targets) and now I can't get switch detection on the second target.

I verified that the switch still engages at the header cable that plugs into the PCB, removed the coil assembly and tested by manually blocking the opto receivers. All the other four reported as expected, but number 2 gives me nothing. There's no visible damage to the board or any resistors.

Shy of replacing the whole board, what are your suggestions for finding the issue and repairing?

2 weeks later
#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Either by blowing the opto and/or cleaning with >91% iso alcohol (and a lint-less tip) - if it doesn't register in test mode - by manually activating the drops...then the opto could likely be bad and needs to be replaced...the replacement opto is available at Pinball Life and is not expensive....I just sold an SOF opto board (a spare) in which I had to replace 3 of the 5 opto's...takes no time at all....

Thanks for the guidance! I bought some replacement optos from PBL and swapped out the troubled one, but it still doesn't register. Jumping the pins on the header cable *does* register, so it's gotta be something on the board itself. Nothing looks out of the ordinary.

What else could it be, I wonder?

IMG_0825 (resized).jpgIMG_0825 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I may be about to joint this club!
Gonna put hands on tomorrow. Love the game but gotta check out the condition.
Any advice on things specific to this game that I should look out for or ask the current owner about?

If it's got the original mylar protector it'll probably have some bubbles, and dimples on the left lane and center play field where the ball drops down—but those are pretty much inevitable for a 30+ year old game, so doubtful it'll affect your decision.

As noted above, drops are probably the most vulnerable mechanic. Optos can die so switches don't register, coils can get gunky so they don't reliably reset. But those can be readily fixed with $7 opto and a $0.75 coil sleeve, so again... probably won't affect your decision.

Really, all you need to know is whether it can LIONMAN!!

2 months later
#1425 2 years ago

The game physically can't eject just a single ball from the lock, so if two balls get in there it has to start a multiball because they're both going to come out.

Normal "accidental" two-ball multiballs happen when one ball is locked and the next ball goes up the left lane but not far enough to hit the scoop, so it falls down into the lock. It's not common, but it certainly happens from time to time in regular play.

Bospins This shouldn't happen from the ramp though, because the game should eject the first ball before the second one arrives. This would be determined by the incoming ball hitting the switch as it crosses over the playfield—perhaps your switch is faulty? If that switch isn't detected then the first ball won't be kicked out, and the two-ball multiball rules will take effect.

2 weeks later
#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from Lockenick:

I was wondering if anyone has heard this “untitled” track 5 and knew if it was actually used in the game?

It's on the game roms and you can play it directly, but it isn't used during gameplay at all.

1 month later
#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

I have a simple question that i can't seem to find the answer to. What do you do to get the extra ball? What triggers it to go on and what do you have to do get it? I have read a couple different rule guides, but i didn't see the answer.

Extra ball is the final prize of the AVENGER completions, there's a progression on the bottom that starts at 50k and goes up to Extra Ball. Or, if you have a really bad first two balls, it'll light EB when you start ball three and just complete AVENGER to collect it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avanwinkle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=avanwinkle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.