IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andybadcatsuk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Played over 100 games since getting my SOF back online on Monday. AND I have been out of town most of Monday, all Tues, Weds, Thurs, and part of Fri. So basically I played 100 games in a day....LOVE IT

Are you getting the new ramps? or have you had enough of the dangers of unscrewing . I'm definitely going to be in on these new ramps.

1 year later
#483 8 years ago

Hi Sof Crew.
Something puzzling me. Does your knocker sound on obtaining credit high score etc.
I moved the setting to coil and the knocker sounds but should it also sound in credit setting.
Also if you have 20 credits accumulated will it not add further credits unless money is inserted.
It mentions a ticket machine vend on obtaining credit never seen that as an add on before, brill idea. Anyone got one of these ticket machines?

DSC_0003_(resized).JPGDSC_0003_(resized).JPG

#484 8 years ago

Just figured it out.
Coil setting just fires coil but no credit given
Credit setting fires coil and adds credit.

#488 8 years ago

Please do not look if you get easily upset.
The most unloved, abused, neglected,water damaged Swords Of Fury in the world. It spent it's life in a roller-skating rink which closed down and was left to die. It's not mine but a friend on a UK Forum I follow paid £50 for it.
Such a sad sight. Believe it or not it still worked up to a point.

display2_(resized).jpgdisplay2_(resized).jpg
SoF_034_(resized).jpgSoF_034_(resized).jpg
SoF_033_(resized).jpgSoF_033_(resized).jpg
SoF_032_(resized).jpgSoF_032_(resized).jpg
SoF_024_(resized).jpgSoF_024_(resized).jpg
SoF_016_(resized).jpgSoF_016_(resized).jpg
SoF_014_(resized).jpgSoF_014_(resized).jpg
SoF_010_(resized).jpgSoF_010_(resized).jpg
SoF_009_(resized).jpgSoF_009_(resized).jpg
SoF_008_(resized).jpgSoF_008_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#524 8 years ago

Like the Black upper playfield flipper.
It should be white but black looks better.
More pictures please.
You can get a new translitey from Germany about 30 euros and it's a good copy too.
If your interested I will forward the link.
You willneed for light issue an Ide connector 9 way female block plus molex insertion tool.
5 min job tops. Look for the burnt connector btm right main board..

Screenshot_2016-02-15-20-25-29_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-02-15-20-25-29_(resized).png

#527 8 years ago

http://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=swords+of+fury

They come in thick card tubing and are very good.

Screenshot_2016-02-15-20-53-59.pngScreenshot_2016-02-15-20-53-59.png

#529 8 years ago

At that price I'd have a spare. The original can fade and warp. They might not be around forever. Congrats on your new pin. Its such a cool table you dont even need to play it, just sit back and listen to the attract mode soundtrack and call outs. Wife jumps out of her skin when he laughs out loud and says challenge me.. Certainly one of a kind in the system 11's.

#543 8 years ago

Nearly all lighting problems stem from the Idc connectors. The plastic will look brown. It's usually only one connector that burns on the main board.
If you have the plastic tool you crimp the wires it's easy. Hold wires over new block and push crimp tool down.
Regarding mylar now all Sof have some peeling over inserts All of them. You either leave it alone and enjoy or pull the mylar with freeze spray and goo gone.Then use new mylar or clear coat it or just wax it, any of The 3 options.
1. Do not cut mylar around inserts.2 Do not use varnish after cutting or you will ruin it. 3. Welcome to the club;)4.Lionman needs you.

#545 8 years ago

Find the socket as in the picture this controls those missing lights. They were missing on mine too. Match the colours of burnt connector pic of my socket to btm right of main CPU.

Screenshot_2016-02-17-17-01-45_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-02-17-17-01-45_(resized).png

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Speaking of drop targets I am about to rebuild mine tomorrow-how do folks feel about grease or oil on the targets themselves? An old timer recommended it to me yesterday and my old targets looked like they had a grease residue on them.
I also bought all new plastic targets. My old ones are up for grabs if anyone needs one or all. I can take pics, they're not minty, some decals have chips, but they're free.

The best thing to do is use pencil lead H2 or H1
Draw with the lead on the inner groves that lift the target behind the metal washers. Always used this method with Swords of fury with great results. Forgot to add clean area first with Ipa and cotton bud then use pencil.

5 months later
#763 7 years ago

Hi I have uploaded the original correct order of incidental sounds.
Follow link to audio and good luck.
Try reseating the audio chips.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68mz036w4md5exn/swords%20of%20fury%20audio%20.mp3?dl=0

#765 7 years ago

It's coming from the sound test.
Check all your switches are open as closed switches might have caused cpu to switch off certain sounds. Use the switch test feature.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andybadcatsuk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=andybadcatsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.