IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agodfrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 9 years ago

Shopping out my SoF!!!! The previous owner took the PF apart and I plan in cleaning and waxing it but need some advice on putting the mini pf back together. Any pics of where to put the screws back in? or what order. Thanks!

#137 9 years ago

Quick question for all you seasoned SoF owners. Got mine over the weekend and I am busy shopping it out. I can;t tell from the pictures most people post but is the back of the playfield, where the top of the back meets up with the bottom of the head, is that sloped? I was racking my brain last night on how to fix it because it looked like it was misaligned and then it dawned on me that maybe the gap on the top left above the magic drop targets was intentional.

Can anyone confirm this?

#139 9 years ago

Yeah. I will post it when i get home from work. It just seems like the PF it higher on the right. Like it's misaligned. Again, I'll post a pic tonight. Thanks!

#141 9 years ago

right side seems pretty flush. Left side is about 1/3 maybe half inch gap. I tried reseating it by lifting it up and putting it back down but it doesn't seem to make a difference.....Like the brackets that hold it are off or something.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Was the post in front of the drain stock?

It's in. I plan on keeping it in until I get a chance to play it for a few weeks. Plus I have a lot of visitors so it might be nice to have them check it out and not drain all the time. Plus my wife was excited about the post so she doesn't drain as much so I'll leave it for a bit.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

How does one increase the jackpot beyond 1.5m

I believe the jackpot is cumulative. It goes up every game until collected then starts all over, yes? Just play a few games and not collect it....I think that's how it works.

#146 9 years ago

Also, has anyone found those spinner decals for the balrog u-turn? I have one of each (one open, one closed) but need another set. I may just make my own if I run out of luck as all I can find is the shiny drop target decals/

#148 9 years ago

Ok Two puzzlers for you. Here is a shot my my PF. If you look at the back you'll seem that one side of the back is higher than the othere, you can see more bolts. I fiddled around for an hour trying to get it even with no luck. I'm at the point that I might just tilt the game.....silly as it seems. Did I bend something?

2014-10-14 07.20.55.jpg2014-10-14 07.20.55.jpg 2014-10-14 07.21.04.jpg2014-10-14 07.21.04.jpg
#149 9 years ago

Next puzzler is the shooter rod. I went to replace the spring but couldn't get it out. I took the E clip off and then took the shooter tip rubber off and this is what I found.

Normally I just take the E clip off and it all comes off. But the end of this one is tapered. It's actually KINDA pointed at the end. Anyone seen this before? Was it a hack? My plan is to file that edge off so I can get everything off. Any other suggestions?

2014-10-14 07.24.31.jpg2014-10-14 07.24.31.jpg 2014-10-14 07.24.39.jpg2014-10-14 07.24.39.jpg 2014-10-14 07.25.16.jpg2014-10-14 07.25.16.jpg
#150 9 years ago

Last question. I bought the game taken apart. The prev owner was going to shop it but didn't have the time, so I got a deal. I am doing a pretty good job of putting it all back together, he bagged each section separately. BUT, not that I am on the mini playfield I have that mounted, I have the drop targets mounted, I have the moving lights above the drop targets, I have pretty much all the cables plugged in but I can't figure out what catches the ball when it falls behind the drop targets. Am I missing a piece? What does it look like. I still have some more parts to put on but nothing LOOKS like it would be it. Any idea? Send a pic of what it looks like. if you can.

#152 9 years ago

I'll do a level when I get home. Just bothered me..... I figured I would have to replace the rod. It's a mess!

And as for the little ramp, I was affraid of that. I didn't see anything like that. Hopefully I overlooked something or it's sitting in his game room and he can send it to me. We'll see. I looked through everything this morning ...maybe I missed it.

#154 9 years ago

Yeah. My plan tonight was to take the PF off the pivot and reseat it then try again. I feel that has to be the reason just need to figure out how to fix it.

1 week later
#160 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I would Dremel that down to a shape you like. I had to do it once. I enjoy tasks like that.
-mof

I'll prob just replace it but I like the stoick rod and haven;t found one yet. Might go with a nice red one but...we'll see. I suppose if I could find a sword one I would go with that......but where could I find one like that?!!?

#170 9 years ago

I am replacing the shooter rod spring (and shooter rod for that matter if you saw my earlier post) and wanted to know what color "strength" shooter spring to use. Right now the one I have seems pretty powerful. I only need to pull it out like.....half an inch and it shoots it right up. Any suggestions?

#175 9 years ago

In the end there were already very few of these machines made, some have been trashed or GASP rethemed!!! (I love the Buffy one but still makes me sad), many are still in Europe, AND it's a sweet game that people don't want to let go of. So that's what drives it up.

Now with this frenzy going on SoF owners are sitting pretty.

I know I won't let mine go for anything less than a full college education for my daughter

#181 9 years ago

Speaking of which....back around to what I want, ha..... anyone know what strength/color spring to use on the game's shooter?

1 week later
#194 9 years ago

I haven't taken a good hard look yet but do any of you know a way to turn up the volume on the music and down on the SFX? I know on some of the Sys 6 games you can mix the voice vs. sfx (not the same) but worth asking.

1 week later
#195 9 years ago

Well word of warning. Only took me 4 weeks to break this wonderful machine! Decided to add some LED strips. Connected it to the flasher power. I hooked it to light when some of the flashers went. Pulled power from the 89s but had one of the three ground leads going to a 1251 ground lug. BAD idea. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.

Not sure what all I broke...but it just makes me sad...no lionman for at least a month......sheesh

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Did you check fuses?

Yes. But what's happening is EVERYTHING turns on full blast when I turn the machine on. Not sure what all I did but the fuses are def good. When the machine turns on they all start popping. I am in ther process of slowing tracking the issue down.

Makes me sad.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

You need to undo your mod. You're creating a short to ground.

I had the mod on alligator clips and I yanked it all off the second something seemed funny. First the upper PF flasher locked on. That's when I yanked the mod. I thought I blew the transistor, oh well. Turned it off, looked around didn't see anything dire so I restarted the machine (again no mod). At first the upper PF flasher was off, then it came on, then EVERYTHING came on.

So it's not my mod that is grounding it. I blew something.......I'm trying to figure out what....

#200 9 years ago

I have a BUNCH of people helping out. Always open to more help and suggestions.

#202 9 years ago

Yeah....Ouch is right. But like I said I have a bunch of people helping me out. Luckily I think it's all board stuff. And I think in SYS 11 a lot of the diodes were moved off the coils and on to the board. I think.....just something I read.

I'm just doing step by step what people suggest......the good news is a I have 3 other games to keep me occupied. AND I definitely have learned my lesson....modding is evil, hahaha

#203 9 years ago

Has anyone figured out what the differences are in the roms ( L-1 and L-2) and if it's worth upgrading? Once I get mine back up and all that I want it slick!!

#204 9 years ago

In regards to the mini playfield flipper assembly hole should there be a bushing or some sort of plug in the hole to keep the flipper aligned (the hole in the mini playfield) or is it just pass through to the playfield and then hooks into the coil assembly under? Seems like it needs a nylon guide in that hole...

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

There is nothing in the upper PF hole. It just uses the bushing in the lower PF.

Ok thanks. Just checking

#208 9 years ago

Played over 100 games since getting my SOF back online on Monday. AND I have been out of town most of Monday, all Tues, Weds, Thurs, and part of Fri. So basically I played 100 games in a day....LOVE IT

#210 9 years ago

My diverter ramp could use some new life. But I think I'll hold for now. Ha

2 weeks later
#215 9 years ago

I was without mine for about 2 weeks and it was killer, ha

#218 9 years ago

Thinking about putting SOF into rotation in my league. Any tips on the best settings outside pf turning extra balls off. I think my biggest concern is keeping the jackpot consistent.

2 weeks later
#223 9 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

But, has anyone tried to make a wire guide. To take the ball from the upper playfield drain directly to the left inlane?

Yes it's been done. Nelly rethemed a SOF (blasphemy I know!) to a Buffy pin and added a rail:

https://img-s.pinside.com/archive/df/original/df7b1f3b0441d09107eb8837d56be7b6b33f5a2f.jpg

He said he got it of a TMNT pin, small mod to it and BAM. I would love to do this if I can find an affordable one.

#228 9 years ago

yeah. i think this is a worthwhile mod especially since you told me where you got it from and I have been looking for a TMNT. I ALMOST bought the machine for the ramp...then I thought better, ha....kinda.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I'm never going to live this down am I?

Nope......

1 month later
#245 9 years ago

Jackpot increases after every game that it is not collected. HOW much it increases can be modified on your menu settings. I have my set to the lowest setting (1k per game) to help keep it a little more level for competitive play.

I think in game once collected it goes down to 50k, if it is not collected that game it defaults to 150k and then goes up per game not collected.

The shield kick back is re-lit during multi-ball or when you lose your ball. There is no otherw ay to re-lite it

#247 9 years ago

Let me know how it goes. I am constantly trying to fine tune the competitive settings on SOF because I love it (we all do right!) and want it to be play competitively more often.

I think (as far as I have seen) all other awards are evened out. The one thing that makes this tough is that you can steal ball locks/multiballs.

AT least the way mine works it could be an easy coding fix, well KINDA. But that is one thing you have to look out for in a multi player situation. Open to comment on all this stuff, let me know what ypu guys have found helpful.

#248 9 years ago

Ohhh and the Jackpot is 150k but I think once collected (say by player 2) IT GOES TO 50K for the rest of the game so that can mess up the other players. Open to suggestions on that one.

A.

#249 9 years ago

I have in the past either spotted the other 100k or had people play single player games to help with the ball stealing situation. In the end it doesn't slow the night down too much as 4 people playing single player games takes about the same amount of time as 1 four player game

#251 9 years ago

How do you start MB with out the titan lock? Don't you have to have one in the kickout hole under the mini pf and one in the lane where the second ball in the lane starts MB? I guess if you took the switch out of the diverter on the wireform it would throw two in there but it should kick the first one out.

I guess you could also block the kickout hole so that would start MB faster by automatically putting the second ball in the lane.

That's an idea.

#253 9 years ago

HHAHA, I never thought of doing that~!~~Ha. MIND BLOWN~~~~ LIONMAN'S mind has also been blown.

#255 9 years ago

I know I have been having trouble with the gate in my Titan Tunnel. I get a lot of balls going all the way up and bouncing out. I need to pull the mini PF off to see what might be happening. I know the gate WAS there when I shopped it out in Oct.

#258 9 years ago

But yeah....I didn't think you could backhand that,

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

clear upper playfield.

Ohhh so tempting!!!!!!!!! I like the sword person on there though....maybe a clean pf with some decals......

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

My Swords has a slow one-way gate at the top of the Titan Tunnel-

I have the same issue.......listening for an answer....

3 weeks later
#281 9 years ago

Mine was pretty trashed and I.was lucky at 1100. Still value sits with those that will pay it.

2 months later
#330 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Can some one clarify for me that all the lights behind the translite are 555's? I want to place an order but im not at home currently to chck. Thanks

Just the jackpot and Ogre's alley are 555's everything else is a 44.

3 months later
#378 8 years ago

It would prob take about that or at least 2k to get my SOF, LOVE IT! That said.......I think it should be closer to $1500 but like I said....I love mine so you'll need to pay a premium, ha

3 months later
#462 8 years ago

Working on a SOF tutorial. Messed up some on the rules but this was a cam test in 2k HD. I'll post the final when I have it but thought I'd share:

4 weeks later
#492 8 years ago

Remember.......a PSA from deadflip

Screenshot_20160208-100708_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160208-100708_(resized).png

1 month later
#662 8 years ago

Yeah there is a separate switch for the sound/HS entry. It's got a long switch arm

Quoted from Sinbad:

Well, I officially joined the club this week, picked up this beauty.
It came with a few issues, mostly GI lights out and a few board hacks that I've worked through, however there is one remaining problem I can't chase down.
Only half the backbox lights work. When I bought it none of them did. Changed a few header pins on the interconnected board, repinned two connectors and only half the backbox lights have come good.
I also noticed that right flipper press doesn't make the audio sound that it's meant to, and when you enter a high score, I can't scroll through the letters with the right flipper button. I'm guessing the two are related ??
Any ideas?
IMAG2617.jpg

3 months later
#744 7 years ago

Lionman has left the building to make way for a WOZ this winter. I won't say goodbye, I'll say Good Journey. Until next time!

imgres_(resized).jpgimgres_(resized).jpg

#749 7 years ago

I agree. That's why I was ok with ...well not ok....could justify it. They feel related

1 month later
#774 7 years ago

One night only agodfrey and KEVINBUFFALO battle it out. Tonight Monday Sept 12th @ 8p (EASTERN)

https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

LIONMAN!!!!

BuffaloLionmanv2 (resized).jpgBuffaloLionmanv2 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#814 7 years ago

Hang on to your Lionman. SOF is coming to the pinball arcade app.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agodfrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=agodfrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.