IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Did a slight modification to the 5 bank holographic stickers and color matched it to the corresponding monster.

Great idea. I already happen to have a full sample pack of such holographic vinyl. Hmm.

Otherwise, this arrived last night to keep Black Knight company in the "crap, I ran out of space for pins room" :p

SoF (resized).jpgSoF (resized).jpg

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

LIONMAN !!!
This time Swords of Fury gets the CPR translite-to-backglass treatment, with our ongoing mission to provide a nicer option to traditional paper translites.
SoF owners now have the option to switch to this replacement mirrored backglass, done as an original creation to turnkey fit any SoF backbox. Our vision of what a SoF backglass "may have been" , had it been produced back in the day by Williams.
Gallery is up, with production commentary included.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo202.html
They can be purchased in the Backglass section of our web store:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

I had merely been hoping there would be an option of a translite with stronger colors...this is better.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Did a slight modification to the 5 bank holographic stickers and color matched it to the corresponding monster.

I like the color match as well, but I ended up going with all blue (on a diagonal) to better match the walls (I may go with blue star posts/flipper rubbers as well). I'm in the midst of replacing the plastics (hence the mismatch/missing pieces).

sofdrop (resized).jpgsofdrop (resized).jpg

sofdrop2 (resized).jpgsofdrop2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#889 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Your work looks great !
Have you checked considered pulling the playfield and giving the interior of the cabinet a fresh coat of paint?

Yes I have. Lots of changes on my machine since that photo now and the sides do look pretty shabby. I was also wondering if mirror blades work on SoF and if anyone has done them.

2 months later
#906 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I know how to get 3 ball multi-ball since it's common but 2 ball multi-ball. I didn't know this could be done but you look one ball then trap the ball where the balls come out during multi ball and hit the ball bacwards up there and it starts 2 ball multi ball. Is this how it's supposed to play?

Is your game missing the gate that prevents the balls from going backward into the multi-lock (or getting stuck/functioning improperly)? I had seen someone post this before I got my own game and thought it was an odd flaw, but on mine what you're describing isn't possible. This gate is visible without removing the glass.

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can you snap a picture of the gate? I'm guessing mine is missing it

Of course

SwordGate (resized).jpgSwordGate (resized).jpg

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thanks for the picture. You must post a picture of your machine. That orange wire form looks amazing! I've never saw one on a SOF before but amazing!

Thank you. This is where I'm at with my SoF, but I do have some other changes to make (been working on a mod), and I still need to deal with the cloudy sides of the inner cab one of these days. I recently changed a lot of the rubbers to light blue--perhaps most noticeable at the Magic Tunnel as it brings the appearance of the arch down to the playfield. While the ramps were off I also added the orange decal and made it larger than the factory decal so that it would go beneath the ramp flap, also better blending with the orange steps on the playfield. In general I felt the blue rubbers and blue drop targets better created the "wall" look (some blue star posts as well).

Swordfield (resized).jpgSwordfield (resized).jpg

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Are those rubbers from Titan? I really like the color and how they compliment the playfield and plastics

Yep, Titan is my go-to for such items

1 week later
#918 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I had a guy come over last night to clean my drop targets because they a few of them were going down slowly. He cleaned them and put everything back in but I didn't test it before he left. Now the drop targets go down fast but don't come back up. Is there a fuse that could be blown? I'm putting up a picture to make sure everything is connected right. It looks like 2 wires connected into the board that really only goes in one way and 2 wires off the board.

Looks like the bottom left connector is pushed on the opposite way. However, it also looks like the wrong connector may be on there at the bottom left. Is that connector swapped with the one that attaches at the drop assembly? Should be a similar red/brown wire set that connects there I believe.

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Here's the other picture I have of it. Is it the bottom left connector that is on backwards?

The connector at the right on the drop assembly (red/brown) should be at the bottom left connector spot from the original photo, and I expect the one on there now (with 2 wires) is the one that should be on the drop assembly (toothed clip side should be facing the clip edge). Swap those around and you may be good to go.

Otherwise, on the missing gate, the photo shows the left side hole, but directly across from there should be a bracket/tab that has 2 screws attaching it to the playfield (that would have the other hole at the same height). I can't tell in that photo angle if that bracket is there, but if that's missing, then I understand your confusion.

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

(been working on a mod)

After many many (nearly 10 hour each) test prints/CAD revisions and paint variations over the last months, I've finally gotten a result I'm pretty happy with (I do have one more revision already with slightly better detail). While not yet shown here, this mod has provision for a full size LED that will light the tunnel when the shot is ready (in the event there is interest from others in purchasing this mod, I will also offer a non-LED version). While I like the clear ramps, I felt like the Magic Tunnel lost some of its "magic" when I could see right through to it, so this was my solution, which also adds a fair amount of depth and does away with what is in my opinion an awkward, uneventful drop-off at that point. I have a set of black ramps here as well, and I believe the mod blends even better with the black ramps.

This was designed to match the appearance of the walls on the playfield and plastics. The "L" on the keystone is of course for LIONMAN! :p

While I started on this mod with the intention of it only being for my own machine, I would be willing to make others if there is interest. If so, I would make an official sales post for it. Would love to know what you think

mod2 (resized).jpgmod2 (resized).jpg

mod1 (resized).jpgmod1 (resized).jpg

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Just curious why you went with the 3d depth feel vs matching the flat style/color of the plastics. I think it would be a lot more fluid to just continue the same design of the plastics. I like the idea of dressing this up though.

Actually, it hardly occurred to me that the 3d depth wasn't fluid with the plastics --I suppose when I play a pixelated game, I see a world beyond what is on the screen, and when I look at the plastics on Swords of Fury, I more or less envision 3d stones (helped by the 3d appearance of the playfield art, and perhaps my being on the spectrum has an affect as well ).

Quoted from Chosen_S:

You’ve got my attention could you post a video of the action and pictures of the mod by itself uninstalled?
Looks like a good idea

Quoted from xeneize:

There is interest!

I'm glad there is interest I'll plan to get something up by tonight with more detail. I expect to show video of the LED working, photos while sitting on a black ramp (as most people likely have those), and will take some uninstalled photos as well (the underside has details such as a recess for the rivets and a brace).

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You’ve got my attention could you post a video of the action and pictures of the mod by itself uninstalled?
Looks like a good idea

Videos will be posted tonight I expect. For now, here are a few uninstalled photos and one with the loose, black ramp. The face on the final version print (not shown here) has a bit better/sharper detail due to a better support setting (currently unpainted). For an LED version, I'm also hoping to find a way to insulate the clips to reduce risk of a short (such clips aren't the most ideal way to install such a mod, especially without clear ramps [may need a mirror underneath with black ramps], but it's the easiest [removing the ramps to solder direct with a removable connector in the middle would be more ideal, but unreasonable to most I assume]).

As noted, I would offer a non-LED version if there is interest.

This is designed for the main piece to be installed using the factory screw, while the smaller strip uses mounting tape (thus holding the tunnel portion in place).

20171011_182033 (resized).jpg20171011_182033 (resized).jpg

20171011_182135 (resized).jpg20171011_182135 (resized).jpg

20171011_182452 (resized).jpg20171011_182452 (resized).jpg

Mod3 (resized).jpgMod3 (resized).jpg

#937 6 years ago

...and here's a couple clips showing the appearance of the LED, ball movement through the tunnel, etc. A green LED is installed, but of course nearly any color could be used.

This is a test with the lights on with no actual gameplay:

This one is a small segment in the dark that shows the integration with a few of the light shows (the lights are on at the last moment) :

I'm aware I have an insert row out on my machine that needs to be addressed

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

After many many (nearly 10 hour each) test prints/CAD revisions and paint variations over the last months, I've finally gotten a result I'm pretty happy with (I do have one more revision already with slightly better detail). While not yet shown here, this mod has provision for a full size LED that will light the tunnel when the shot is ready (in the event there is interest from others in purchasing this mod, I will also offer a non-LED version). While I like the clear ramps, I felt like the Magic Tunnel lost some of its "magic" when I could see right through to it, so this was my solution, which also adds a fair amount of depth and does away with what is in my opinion an awkward, uneventful drop-off at that point. I have a set of black ramps here as well, and I believe the mod blends even better with the black ramps.
This was designed to match the appearance of the walls on the playfield and plastics. The "L" on the keystone is of course for LIONMAN! :p
While I started on this mod with the intention of it only being for my own machine, I would be willing to make others if there is interest. If so, I would make an official sales post for it. Would love to know what you think

I've now created a non-LED version as well that has been on the printer today. Assuming that turns out well, I'll be painting that tomorrow and making a listing tomorrow night for both versions (I created a Pinside Shop earlier today, and if this garners interest, I have some ideas for other games I'd like to design as well ).

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nice! Thanks for the vids and pics, I’m looking forward to your creation!

Quoted from TG:

Thanks for the efforts and the videos. Looking forward to seeing more and hearing pricing.

Unfortunately it seems there will be a delay in getting this going as my 3D Printer decided to die on me last night/this morning (seems something is wrong in the power supply case). It began as prints stopping mid-print (printer reset), now nothing will even start and there is that ever familiar electronic burning smell...great timing (had been using this unit trouble free for about a year [i3 MK2]).

Looking into getting something new that will hopefully be here at the start of the week [EDIT: I have an order placed for another printer and will update Tuesday] . Hate to sound like Stern... but "stay tuned."

Otherwise, my thought on pricing was going to be $89 shipped (non-LED) and $99 shipped (LED)--both being primed, hand-painted, and shot with multiple coats of clear (decal is installed after paint and cleared over as well). Each set takes multiple hours to paint. If someone is up to painting one themselves at their own risk, I could offer $39 shipped for unpainted non-LED (cleaned/dremeled with mounting tape and loose decal included). That's as cheap as I could do these for, and given the amount of time and labor involved, I could likely only make one of these a day at maximum and would be willing to do so if the demand is there.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Assuming that turns out well

I assumed wrong :/

EDIT #2: Halfway through a new print after doing surgery on the printer last night (soldering the power wires directly to the melzi board and moving the heat-bed positive wire directly to the power supply). Hopefully that fixed the issue. EDIT #3: So far so good.

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Unfortunately it seems there will be a delay in getting this going as my 3D Printer decided to die on me last night/this morning (seems something is wrong in the power supply case). It began as prints stopping mid-print (printer reset), now nothing will even start and there is that ever familiar electronic burning smell...great timing (had been using this unit trouble free for about a year [i3 MK2]).
Looking into getting something new that will hopefully be here at the start of the week [EDIT: I have an order placed for another printer and will update Tuesday] . Hate to sound like Stern... but "stay tuned."
Otherwise, my thought on pricing was going to be $89 shipped (non-LED) and $99 shipped (LED)--both being primed, hand-painted, and shot with multiple coats of clear (decal is installed after paint and cleared over as well). Each set takes multiple hours to paint. If someone is up to painting one themselves at their own risk, I could offer $39 shipped for unpainted non-LED (cleaned/dremeled with mounting tape and loose decal included). That's as cheap as I could do these for, and given the amount of time and labor involved, I could likely only make one of these a day at maximum and would be willing to do so if the demand is there.

I assumed wrong :/
EDIT #2: Halfway through a new print after doing surgery on the printer last night (soldering the power wires directly to the melzi board and moving the heat-bed positive wire directly to the power supply). Hopefully that fixed the issue. EDIT #3: So far so good.

Issues have been resolved, and I've made a listing for those that would like one of these for themselves:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01343-swords-of-fury-tunnel-mod-ramp-cover

mod2 (resized).jpgmod2 (resized).jpg

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While I like the clear ramps, I felt like the Magic Tunnel lost some of its "magic" when I could see right through to it, so this was my solution, which also adds a fair amount of depth and does away with what is in my opinion an awkward, uneventful drop-off at that point.

This before/after shot seems to better illustrate what I was seeing with that statement:

SoF comp (resized).jpgSoF comp (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#950 6 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

You did a really good job of covering up just enough without negating the (new) extra GI light coming from the clear ramps.

Thank you While this particular mod was primarily made to suit my own interest, I'm glad to see others can appreciate my vision for it.

For those that were inquiring about the LED version, I have updated the listing and am now utilizing Comet's Matrix solution to make this an easy install for those with black ramps:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01343-swords-of-fury-tunnel-mod-ramp-cover

1 month later
#956 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

+1 to all of this... i also have the xpin displays and the mirrored backglass. it is dark when the game is off, but is a real beauty when the game is on

I too have the backglass and agree 100%. Once I got my SoF and set it up near Black Knight, the mirrored BK backglass just put the SoF translite to shame (wish granted when the backglass was announced). I definitely prefer the difference in the art, though the only nitpick I could have is the lack of runes on the sword, but I know I'll be the only one to notice :p (at this house at least).

1 month later
#961 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

My son and I just joined the group! Is there a way of telling if the translite is the original or an aftermarket? Mine just looks so... dull. Also any way to make it suck/ cling back to the glass?
what seems to be consensus on rubber color? Black or white? I normally like white on almost all games but the tone and colors of the playfield scream black.
I also have a 3rd player display out. Need to source one.

I'm not sure I've seen a Swords translite that doesn't look dull, but the CPR backglass replacement looks very nice.

When I got my SoF, I had a display out, but discovered broken pins on the back--soldering those brought it back to life. Of course that may not be the same issue with yours.

I went with light blue for rubber color (matches the walls). Titan brand.

Titan1 (resized).jpgTitan1 (resized).jpg

#963 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

They blue does look good! Yeah I'll dig into the connections tomorrow. Do you run cool or warm leds?

A mix of warm white, cool white, ice blue, with a couple red/yellow at the upper right (slings are warm white at the tops and ice blue at the bottoms [comet LEDs]).

3 weeks later
#977 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Nice game Bro....... but LIONDAMN!! that's got to be the most thrashed cabinet I have ever seen for SOF

Adds...character

2 years later
#1242 3 years ago

I had a request for these .stl files, so I uploaded them to Thingiverse (just made an account, so there may be a 24 hour hold).

I won't generally add my discontinued mods there, but didn't mind putting this one up. Mods like the RZ ball stop I offer for free will be uploaded there as well.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4460224

SoF decal (resized).jpgSoF decal (resized).jpgmod1 (resized).jpgmod1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.