IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hellfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Heres another cool underrated Game. I think alot of them went to Europe as well making this machine a little more rare here in the states.
Its maybe not the best Sys. 11 machine but its pretty cool nice sounds etc but it is truly dont get the attention some of the rest get.
Share your story and pics about this game

#2 10 years ago

Heres some pics of mine Had to do a little board work to get it running right but overall its in decent shape with the exception of the upper mini PF. ill restore it one of these days.sof1.jpgsof1.jpgsof2.jpgsof2.jpgsof2.jpgsof2.jpgsof3.jpgsof3.jpgsof4.jpgsof4.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Robert how does your mini PF look? I might be interested.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It is VERY hard to rollover the score now (9,999,999). Before I made these changes to SOF, I could do it on 2 balls.

LOL you must be much better at the game than i am. Ive only gotten to around 7-8 million but my kid spanked my ass and rolled it more than once lol.
You can adjust alot of the bonuses menu etc to also make it harder to make a crazy score or roll the machine.

I personaly like this machine with the center post, on F14 and other games youre used to going after every chance to hit the ball. but on this machine the center post makes you select the shot becouse sometimes not letting the post rebound the ball makes you lose it as well.

#12 10 years ago

My min pf is certainly saveable but then again it not that nice. it will still need alot of repaint.
nowdays its just as much time saving and reducing clutter as it is restoration work. it would take 2 months for the clear to cure properly with 3 coats that means the machine is taken apart that whole time and i typicly have 3 machines totaly apart nowdays at all times for customer restores. If i had a second mini pf I could just do it on the side when i shoot customers machines then easily change it out when its done.

Ide prolly still restore and sell my old one when I get around to restoring it.
The last 2 years i havnt been able to get much done on my machines. making everyone elses games perfect as mine sit and well stay the same lol. it is getting a bit old and disheartening i try to fit a little improvement on my machines from time to time to get over it a bit.SOF mini.jpgSOF mini.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Robert yours seems better than mine. ide frisket and just restore all the art but at least my machine can stay together while i do it.
The guys hair on the lower part of the mini might be a bit more of a pain lol.
How is the color of the bricks around the edge on yours? mine seem discolored.

#17 10 years ago

Well snyper the nice thing is you can also put it back in later or reverse it if need be. as long as youre happier with the machine its all that matters.
I on the other hand havnt played that much and i like the difference in gameplay strategy. if i get that good at SOF I might do the same thing who knows. but ive sold games Ive gotten that good at too for harder ones. no real take on this is wrong.

#25 10 years ago

SOF was almost my first pinball machine but then i fell in love with Centaur and had to make it my first machine instead. but it is one of my first system 11 machines i bought this one and F14 together to start with my system 11s collection.

Neo you machine looks real nice I look forward to the day i get around to restoring mine. did you go with the old bally one piece plastic targets i see you can get them in white i have the same ones i want to put in my machine except i have the transparent amber ones instead they might look pretty good with your rune art on them.

I have to learn and/or get the equipment to start making decals like these i have several custom ones i want to make for some of my machines.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

The orange "I" drop target is down and will not come back up. It was working when I got the game, but after a week or so it quit. After taking the whole drop target bank, solenoids, and opto board out to clean the targets up, the orange target worked for a couple games, then quit again.

I had this same problem with mine ended up being a bit of everything first cleaning then making sure the little tab on the drop target was actualy blocking the optics sloppy connectors. also on this game you need to pull and resolder the interconnect board they commonly have broken solders becouse the switch matrix goes from PF to interconnect then from interconnect to motherboard so there are twice the connectors to deal with or that might have problems.
I had one optic partialy registering even after cleaning replacing the optic fixed it. I just replace them all now they only cost like $2.50 each also make sure the 4401 transistors on the optic board dont have cracked solders as well.

1 month later
#49 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Nice shiny game but not a long term keeper for me.

That Dan sure can polish some mylar lol

4 weeks later
#54 10 years ago

Im hoping one of these days Ill find a nice set of black score cards for SOF i personaly dont like the blue ones.

8 months later
#110 9 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I'm in the club! Made a trade for my TFTC and all I can say is LIONMAN!!!!! What an awesome game! Love the sounds, love the layout, love the challenge of the game.

Yeah SOF has prolly the best soundtrack out of any of the SYS11 machines mine isnt going anywhere either

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Hi SoF owners. I can source brand new SoF translights if anyone is interested. I am also offering to restock Marco's supply next month but for now they'll be cheaper from me.

What is the price \difference on them from vs marco? also what would shipping be to the US? with rises in postal costs and likelyhood of damage it would be interesting to see if its worthwhile to buy from you or wait for marco to carry them.

Do you have any pictures of the new translights backlit and pictures of the unlighted front and back of them?

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from elevatedreality:

Finished up the cast part a while back but never posted a pic. Here is the finished shooter rod handle.

The shooter rod does look cool and is nicely built but i would never want one on my machine its too long and i would think the weight of the handle would affect the way the shooter operates.

1 week later
#127 9 years ago

Marco and BAA carried the mini flipper with the extended shaft but think they only come in grey or yellow.
Another thing you can do is make a jig and will an 1/4" extension to a regular 2" flipper but not sure how your welding skills are lol

1 month later
#171 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

And if I have $2K I have to look at all my options and at this price range titles like ES, WW, and Diner come into play. SoF could be considered overpriced when falling into these title's price range. Obviously condition and lack of availability plays a part in this, but for me $2K would be overpriced compared to what I can get other top rated System 11 titles for. This is not a knock on SoF, but just trying to compare it to what other titles go for...and clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder...if you happen to think SoF is the best System 11 game, then $2K is very reasonable.

Well the games you have mentioned are not the top sys 11 games F14 seems to fetch $1500 starting nowdays and good luck getting a BK2K for under $2000 as well Sof Is rare becouse most got shipped overseas so its a sellers market nowdays on this title and most people that have SOF dont want to sell them.

5 months later
#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

HI,

Frankly.... I am very sceptical... I bought a set for Police Force from Classic Arcade and they are absolute rubbish... Even worse is the communication with C.A... He doesn´t ever respond to e-mails once the purchase is done.

I agree the guy cant even answer a email before you buy from him and the centaur set i bought was way too thick becouse he sells laminated only decals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hellfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=Hellfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.