IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

Love my SOF. Restored mine and have a backglass instead of a translite for it. Clearcoated playfield makes it play super fast. Plus added some other custom things to it.

SOF done 008.jpgSOF done 008.jpg flash off plus new standups 007.jpgflash off plus new standups 007.jpg
#26 10 years ago

I just made them in photoshop on a stone background. Printed them on sticker paper, and mylared over them. Cut them out and stuck them on. Have get good sticker paper tho. they didn't stick good at first, so I used some dry adhesive I got when I worked printing automotive dash panels. that stuff sticks like cement. those decals arn't coming off easy.. Those targets are the stock ones with the game.

flash off plus new standups 008.jpgflash off plus new standups 008.jpg flash off plus new standups 005.jpgflash off plus new standups 005.jpg
3 weeks later
#38 10 years ago

Not screen printed. Clay sells a glass version. It's basically a glorified sticker put on a piece of glass, but the colors are vibrant and looks better than my bulb melted translite did.

#40 10 years ago

I think that's it. Prices are like $200 or something. Overpriced for what they are, but saved me the time of scanning on my translite and sending it to John Greatwich to make me one.

#45 10 years ago

actually I totally forgot to scan that in when I restored it. It was kind of a hurry up rush thing, and didn't get a chance to scan it. I completely forgot I didn't until it was already halfway put together, and then it was already too late.

9 months later
#112 9 years ago
Quoted from elevatedreality:

I just finished the 3D model of the custom shooter handle that I am designing for my SOF. Should have it printed next week. Then I can make a mold and cast a solid plastic one. Can't wait. It's gonna be coooool.

Sword Shooter Handle.png 140 KB

looks great, but also looks like it's going to stick out pretty far. Like JP gun far. Can't even tell you how many times the JP gun has shot me in the coin purse.

#117 9 years ago

that looks like a booby trap for me to ring my coin purse on. I'm getting Jurassic park gun flashbacks all over again.

1 week later
#132 9 years ago

if it's discolored paint it. Holds up fine and looks great. paint the color then clear it. I painted mine silver.

2 months later
#219 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Well the games you have mentioned are not the top sys 11 games F14 seems to fetch $1500 starting nowdays and good luck getting a BK2K for under $2000 as well Sof Is rare becouse most got shipped overseas so its a sellers market nowdays on this title and most people that have SOF dont want to sell them.

F14 for $1500 starting? I disagree. I saw plenty of F14's for $700-900 at shows last couple of years, fully working but player machines and still didn't sell. You'd be hard pressed to get $1500 for a F14. Same goes for pinbot. People on here think it's a 1500-2000 game, yet you have a nice unfaded one with hardly any playfield wear and you'll sit on it for 6 months at $1200-1400.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Let us know how the clear goes... Sys11s are, from what I've heard, a real bear to clearcoat.

I restored and clearcoated mine with no problems. All system 11's are hit or miss. Depends on how the lacquer on your playfield is acting. If it's cracking and getting air under it by the plastic. It could be a nightmare. You dont' really know how smooth it's going to go until the first layer of clear hits. I'm restoring a NOS BK2K right now and NOS F14 in house for people. The BK2K turned into an air bubble disaster and the F14 went pretty smooth. So you just never know.

2 months later
#257 9 years ago

there is a wire under the mini to stop balls from going up the back. It's a one way wire similar to the ball throughs.

#266 9 years ago

My locks work good.

I do have a problem with my 2nd gate on the ramp, the diverter is delayed or slow. I think I need to rebuild it.

#268 9 years ago

if the weld is broken, wouldn't it stop working altogether?

#270 9 years ago

mine had bulb meltings as well. I bought a "backglass" version from Clay. Which is technically a nice printed image fused to a sheet of glass. colors are nice, but wash out a little when backlit. Definitely not the quality that the helan and shadow translites have.

#273 9 years ago

mines tight and works great manually. I think the plunger, sleeve just isn't aligned straight on and hanging up a bit. Or my plunger is magnetized, hence the slight delay in that second game response time.

6 months later
#361 8 years ago

I did restore mine, but I forgot to scan in the playfield before putting it back together. Haven't got a SOF playfield in to restore other than my own. So it's one game I do not have the scans for. Which is a shame because mine didn't need much for touchups at all.

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hey, if you wanna restore mine, its currently in storage chilling.

I don't even have time to restore my own games. Too busy restoring everyone elses playfields. But if you want it restored. I am taking new work. And this time i'd be sure to scan it in when it's done.

#373 8 years ago

2500? that's the highest one i've ever heard of changing hands. was the playfeild restored or something?

#380 8 years ago

I love mine and it's restored and clearcoated. But there is no such thing as not for sale. Stupid money is always heard and considered.

3 weeks later
#391 8 years ago

there isn't a way to tell, since there isn't any blue areas under legs that couldn't be faded. But it would be tough to fade the cabinet the same all the way around. Might be different batches of ink. But if you look. the halftoning effects, are different. So I think they are different printings. mine looks like the one on the right.

3 months later
#495 8 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Please do not look if you get easily upset.
The most unloved, abused, neglected,water damaged Swords Of Fury in the world. It spent it's life in a roller-skating rink which closed down and was left to die. It's not mine but a friend on a UK Forum I follow paid £50 for it.
Such a sad sight. Believe it or not it still worked up to a point.
display2_(resized).jpg
SoF_034_(resized).jpg
SoF_033_(resized).jpg
SoF_032_(resized).jpg
SoF_024_(resized).jpg
SoF_016_(resized).jpg
SoF_014_(resized).jpg
SoF_010_(resized).jpg
SoF_009_(resized).jpg
SoF_008_(resized).jpg

on the plus side. that game can be parted out to save 10-30 others.

#496 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Remember.......a PSA from deadflip

Screenshot_20160208-100708_(resized).png

I have that shirt. the best part of that shirt is what's printed on the inside of that shirt.

pinburgh_lionman_2015_(resized).jpgpinburgh_lionman_2015_(resized).jpg

#507 8 years ago

that reminds me. I should crank out the clear ramps I bought and do the custom work I wanted to do on them.

#509 8 years ago

SOF plays awesome when clearcoated. I restored mine, and you can make the lionman ramp from both lower flippers fairly easy. It's great.

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

It's going to be so awesome! I can't wait to get it all back together. Now I want them all cleared.

yea me too. Unfortunately, in 10 years, i've only had the chance to restore 5 of my games.

#521 8 years ago

your 3X arrow inserts melted? Looks like the flashers were locked on at one time and melted your inserts.

#530 8 years ago

those original or repros? I know marco had a huge stack of originals for the longest time. Until I got my game and needed one. Most of these translites are melted because the backbox board is too close to the translite. Melts little bulb mounds all over the place. BGrestore makes a glass fused version, it's ok, but color bleach out. On mine anyway. I heard he corrected the problem and the newer ones don't bleach out.

#533 8 years ago

that sucks. Sad I missed out on the original marco had. they were only $60 too.

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Well, i have one update after some 24hr of general cleaning on my SoF, the mylar has lifted from several of the inserts (if you press on the mylar it crackles and is more like a small bubble above the insert) so it looks like i'll be doing a mylar removal on the SoF too.
Or can i gently cut the dried out parts with a razorblade and insert new mylar spots? the rest of the mylar looks just fine.

if you do, you will have a divot and the ball can get stuck in the hole you cut out.

#541 8 years ago

seems you are just setting it up for a nightmare to restore in the future. If you are going to do, take it all off. Use freeze spray. then take the glue off with magic eraser and rubbing alcohol. Afterwards just wax it and leave it, so it can be restored in the future. Otherwise you may end up making so terrible, it's unrestoreable in the future.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

I think the prototype games had red circuit boards in them. Can anyone confirm?

prototypes have red lamp boards under the playfield. Not backbox boards.

#572 8 years ago

with the backglass. I do the same thing as I do for all my games. take out all the bulbs except 6-8 of them. Keep them spaced out and do NOT use LED's. LED's look like shit on backglasses. to many hot spots. 7 regular bulbs take less power than a filled backbox of led's anyway. cuts down on glare, darkens up your translite some.

colors are not the deepest on this game in general.

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

btw though we need to get you some new cool looking instruction cards for it (love those homemade ones)

I think those are the final instruction cards. Can't get more medieval than that. Actually they should be on parchment.

#601 8 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

I was playiing SOF again just now when i noticed the lights on the right side of the field where out, so i searched and found that fuse F2 had died, but i also noticed this.
This doesnt look healthy at all, actually, new board purchase inbound?

IMG_2021_(resized).JPGIMG_2023_(resized).JPG

nah, that board will work. Those are some heavy traces too. Someone had high power going where it shouldn't.

#603 8 years ago

on off switch usually doesn't bust a fuse...if it blows as soon as you flick it on..something else is shorted on. depending on what that fuse drives.

#618 8 years ago

lose the color LED's in the backbox. they look terrible. Other than that, it looks fantastic.

#623 8 years ago

yea, if it's already faded to shit and washed out, your not losing anything with colored LED's at that point. But most BG's look horrible with colored LED's. Sometimes you can get away with 1 bulb in a certain spot to accent something, but for the most part, the colored LED's washes out any art detail that is there. That's why you shouldn't use them for GI's. You lose your playfield art.

2 weeks later
#642 8 years ago

i've seen that style..cointaker still sells that model of LED. Does it say 6v on it or 12v? if it's 12v then it's for a car.

#644 8 years ago

well, put them in and see what they do. Won't hurt. If it's 12V it will be really dim. if it's 6V it will look normal. and if it's 3V it will look like the sun.

1 month later
#682 7 years ago

your targets need to be rebuilt. They are all gunked up. Most SOF need this done. Took me 5 hours to do it, because once I reinstalled them, then I was getting the problem where the vibration would knock some of them down and they wouldn't stay up. Has to be aligned perfectly so the targets don't hit the wood. Take out the bank. Take each target off, clean them off with novus 2, front and back, clean off the bracket. should be like new.

at first, all targets should pop up faster than the ball can get there. Once you hit them all down, you hit level 2. Then they should stay down 5 seconds. Level 3 is 17 seconds, level 4 is 34 seconds and so on. Harder you have your game set, the longer the times go. I have mine set on extra extra hard, because normal is way to easy.

#685 7 years ago

here.

sof_backglass_lock_(resized).jpgsof_backglass_lock_(resized).jpg

sof_backglass_lock_(1)_(resized).jpgsof_backglass_lock_(1)_(resized).jpg

#687 7 years ago

the long plate really could be anything. all it does is hold that long wire in place and keep it from shifting around. The side plate is just a sqare cut in a piece of metal with a L grove cut into it. Square goes on your lock square. check pinball life, Terry may have some of these.

#689 7 years ago

that's just a standard lock plate, with the lock oval with flat spots so the lock doesn't spin.

3 weeks later
#706 7 years ago

i just spray painted and clearcoated my upper mini flipper silver. Because I used chrome flipper bats for the bottom section.

1 week later
#717 7 years ago

colored LED's for backbox illumination makes Lionman angry.

#720 7 years ago

colored LED's for GI's or backboxes always looks like shit. ALWAYS. I'll have a thread about that coming soon and explain it from an artists perspective and give examples on why it should never be done.

#727 7 years ago

i'm planning for a full write up thread about it. Go into detail and picture examples. It looks worse than people think. I think they are just distracted by the colors and bright shiny things. It's like looking at everything in a photography dark room with a red light. No matter what you look at, everything looks like shit in a red light room. Except maybe black and while pictures. Anything else is going to look like crap. When you cut out the white spectrum, true colors cannot show.

1 month later
#732 7 years ago

cabinet decals would look like shit on this game. Only do it, if you absolutely have to. Like the cabinet was dragged behind a truck on both sides for a long time. otherwise touch it up.

#734 7 years ago

in all fairness, that blue is a PIA to match. Plus there is halftoning in it. But isn't impossible to touch up.

1 week later
#745 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Lionman has left the building to make way for a WOZ this winter. I won't say goodbye, I'll say Good Journey. Until next time!

LIONMAN for WOZ? WTF? What alternate universe is this? You have chosen poorly my friend...very poorly. WOZ isn't worthy to scratch lionmans ass, after he dragged it through his enemies.

#748 7 years ago

similar? that's a stretch. If WOZ played or felt anything like SOF, it would actually be a good game.

#751 7 years ago

make the other switch blade closer gapped, so the ball cannot sneak through without triggering.

#759 7 years ago

i'd go with white rubber, because I do not like the spin that titan and superbands put on the ball. Adds way more spin than rubber really should.

5 months later
#790 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

nope. my SOF popped and my T2 pop with a mix of warm/cool/colored leds. youre wrong. about many things. SF2 fo life!

nope always looks like crap, and i'll show you why.

1 week later
#793 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bring it broha

I will. It's going to be a huge writeup with lots of pictures so you can see how colored light ruins the look of all artwork.

4 months later
#863 6 years ago

technically it's not stenciled and it's not decals.

It's silk screen printed. You can't do half tone dot patterns with stencils.

2 weeks later
#870 6 years ago

I really cleaned the shit out of the metal edge of mine and the plastic edges of the drops. helped a lot and mine don't fall down now unless you hit them.

1 week later
#883 6 years ago

sent a message to order, but had a question about another backglass I was hoping you had seconds laying around I can throw on with this.

1 year later
#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Organising a speaker panel for a pinsider. If anyone wants one shoot me a pm. They will need to be ordered and prepaid in the next 2 days.
[quoted image][quoted image]

OMG, that backbox LED job is absolutely horrifying.

#1115 5 years ago

it looks terrible. Use white LEDs and the art will pop and not look like mush.

#1126 5 years ago

that's true. And the backbox isn't really that critical. It doesn't effect gameplay. But I have to say, your playfield looks well done. WHich is the most important part, since you have to be able to see to play it. which white is the only one that allows that to happen in a darker playing environment. Playfield looks great and I like the added lighting on the upper field which is always needed because it's so dark.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#1150 4 years ago

titans suck. All those non rubber ones blow serious ass when it comes to gameplay. Sure they look great, but sucks to play on. Especially the flippers. Rubber or nothing.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Thanks for your input.
I only use regular white old fashion regular rubber on the playfiled. Better bounce on older games. BUT on the flippers the titans to me play as close to regular rubber then any other silicone rings. They are different I agree, but to me not enough to worry about in the home environment. Plus the colors look nice.

I guess it depends on how often you play out. If you play at others houses a lot for league and play tournaments a lot. it's a huge change. It's not something you want to get used to. If you only play at home all the time, then it doesn't effect you much.

2 weeks later
#1166 4 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Here's some before and after. I'll do it all over again if the hardtop comes out for this game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how you did the prismatic drop decals in the colors. Looks good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.