IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #192 Link to @Freeplay40 's thread detailing replacement ramps. Posted by Freeplay40 (9 years ago)

Post #880 CPR link for mirrored backglass, new plastics, etc. Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AMBoggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#333 8 years ago

Finally had a chance to play this game a few months ago at the Louisville Arcade Expo. Even with the middle flipper not working, this game was fun as hell. I'm envious of those that own one.

1 year later
#739 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:Well. I'm afraid i have to leave the club. Congrats to AMBoggs and his new companion, Lionman

And now I'm in. Thanks Travis, the family is already having fun with SoF.

Lionman

#750 7 years ago

As a new member, I'm still breaking in the machine's personality.

Does anyone have suggestions for adjusting the switch on Ogre's Alley? Entering from the right seems to engage most of the time but leaving the right side it is not always picking up.

#758 7 years ago

Thinking about changing out the posts on the game with either light blue or orange and then maybe changing the rings.

Any opinions on these combos?
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

8 months later
#821 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Sometimes in my SoF, a shot through the middle diverter will end up locking a ball. Also sometimes locking just two balls will start multiball. This happens pretty infrequently. Is this expected behavior? If not, I think I might have a switch that is activating randomly. Any ideas here?

Yes, what should be happening on the middle diverter if you already have one ball locked, it will kick that one out before the second ball drops.

As for the second problem, mine will do that if the ball isn't hit hard enough to go in the saucer and drops back down activating that double switch.

#824 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

I have seen my middle diverter lock a ball without any other balls locked. It's pretty random and I can't recreate it with the glass off. What switch sequence actually causes the ball to lock?

As long as there isn't a ball already locked, you can lock a ball this way. You just can't lock two balls this way.

2 weeks later
#853 6 years ago
Quoted from fatcake:

So I picked up a Swords of Fury about a month ago. One of my all time favorites!
I'm having an issue with the ball locks though. If a ball is already locked, a ball will go down the middle diverter ramp and kick out the locked ball AND the ball that just went down the ramp. So essentially a two ball multiball starts and confuses the machine. It happens a bit randomly.
Anyone have some suggestions on what switch to look at? I can't seem to figure out what's causing it to kick out both balls rather than just one.

I would start with that double switch where they are locked. It would appear the game still thinks a ball is there and tries to launch it out again. It is not seeing it as "empty" so that the second ball will stay there.

The switch may be dirty.

1 week later
#856 6 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Did a slight modification to the 5 bank holographic stickers and color matched it to the corresponding monster.

That is a cool mod, looks like it was meant to be that way.

1 month later
#881 6 years ago

Curse you CPR, I didn't want to spend any more money this week.

Looks sweet though.

1 week later
#888 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Trying to figure out a few things hanging under the playfield. Any idea where the giant light bulb goes? How about the wayward plug in front of the black hose? Nothing appears to match either item and there isn't enough room for a bulb that size to illuminate any inserts.
Also, has anyone solved the Rottendog MPU sound issue? I have music in game and in test mode, but no voices. Most old threads seem to have the reverse.

That bulb should screw in below the Balrog there at the center on the playfield.

As for the plug I'm not sure. The colors match the color of the high score reset, but your exposure may be throwing them off.

1 month later
#898 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

I mean, I have a ROM burner, so worst case scenario I burn a handful, give it a spin, and see if I notice anything. I don't think Williams kept actual revision documentation until the early 90s. I'd rather not tie up 5 or 6 ROMs for nothing if the changes are minimal though. I guess I can always burn and clear if I don't notice anything.

There is an old thread on here and that person didn't notice a difference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-furydrop-target-question#post-57199

3 months later
#954 6 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I just picked up a project SOF. I need a new translite. Anyone know where I can get one . Also the main MPU board is missing and display is shot. Is the rottendog display for $160 the best replacement? What is best option for MPU replacement . Thanks for your help.

CPR made a new backglass that is mirrored, similar to what they did with Pinbot.

I've used Xpin with success on replacement displays.

As far as I know, Rottendog is the only replacement board available for the MPU. Otherwise you would need to find a used board and have someone like Chris Hibler repair it.

5 months later
#1016 5 years ago
Quoted from OwenKhan:

Interesting... be that the case, has anyone tried messing with the mechs to force only three ball multiball? Making multiball harder to start seems good in this case, scores rolling over and all...

Only way I could see it working is to have three switches there where they are locked instead of two and remove the saucer.

Then you would also end up throwing off when the second gate kicks the ball over to where they are locked, normally it kicks out the ball that is already there.

1 month later
#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Hi all,
Recently got an SOF and have a question. There have been a few problems with the ball lock mechanism(s) that I believe I've fixed, but in the process I noticed that the rollover switch in the ball lock was shaped unusually. I'm wondering if it isn't deformed / bent out of shape but I don't have any other info to go by. I've attached photos of the area and a detail image. Can anyone here offer some advice on this, possibly post a detail photo of the rollover wire(s) in your machine? Thanks!

It’s a double switch. Two balls trigger the switch for multiball.

8 months later
#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Me again.
Having an issue that I can't solve so far.
When I got the game, screen 1 (top left) was dead.
Bought this as a replacement:
http://www.ecflipp.fr/en/afficheurs/3125-display-2-x-16-digits-sys11-pinball.html
Issue I am facing:
When switching the cabinet on, the first 3 digits of each screen are missing. After some time the first one comes back, then the second, then the first and then it's back to normal.
So that clearly means that there's a component that needs to warm up.
I also changed the ribbon cable with a brand new one, so we can rule this out, as well as the screen I guess.
Any idea on what could be the culprit?

Do you have another game you could put your display into to see if that is the problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AMBoggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=AMBoggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.