20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 33.
#301 9 years ago

Does anyone need NOS 12-6766 lower wire ramps? just found some

#302 9 years ago

Joining the club! Can hardly wait for the ramps to be made! I really like them black, so I guess we will see how black on clear goes, or maybe black on red...

I have communicated with Cliff about ramp protectors, so maybe they'll be a set soon!

I'm highly considering clearcoating the playfield after touching it up... I have Mylar on it and there's planking under the mylar... Can I clear over the mylar???

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Can I clear over the mylar???

this sounds like a terrible idea.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

this sounds like a terrible idea.

It may sound that way, but I have read in a few places where folks have done it and had good success.

If I start to remove the mylar, or it starts to seperate from the PF, major problems may ensue

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It may sound that way, but I have read in a few places where folks have done it and had good success.
If I start to remove the mylar, or it starts to seperate from the PF, major problems may ensue

Ask Neo. I think he CC'd his SOF.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Joining the club! Can hardly wait for the ramps to be made!

Hoping to start test forming in the next few days!

#307 9 years ago

So if you have a prototype upper pf and remove the "mylar" that's over the letters... Here's what happens

image.jpgimage.jpg
#308 9 years ago

If you are. Purest, sure, that sucks. If not, meh, looks fine.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

So what do you guys Think ? Can the fonts be found somehwere ? I would need a new set of spinner decals as well...

A full set of insert decals is available for the game. This should make the restoration a lot easier ...

http://www.classic-arcades.com/STORE/index1.html?157.html&1

SoF Insert Decals.jpgSoF Insert Decals.jpg
#310 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A full set of insert decals is available for the game. This should make the restoration a lot easier ...
http://www.classic-arcades.com/STORE/index1.html?157.html&1

SoF Insert Decals.jpg

HI,

Frankly.... I am very sceptical... I bought a set for Police Force from Classic Arcade and they are absolute rubbish... Even worse is the communication with C.A... He doesn´t ever respond to e-mails once the purchase is done.

Has SOF decals been released as waterslide and from any other supplier ?

reg
Matt

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Has SOF decals been released as waterslide and from any other supplier ?

As far as I know, Classic Arcades is your only option.

#313 8 years ago

I just tried this game for the first time and was really surprised how good this game is .....and I finally understood what LIONMAN means !!!!

L

I

O

N

M

A

N

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

HI,

Frankly.... I am very sceptical... I bought a set for Police Force from Classic Arcade and they are absolute rubbish... Even worse is the communication with C.A... He doesn´t ever respond to e-mails once the purchase is done.

I agree the guy cant even answer a email before you buy from him and the centaur set i bought was way too thick becouse he sells laminated only decals.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I agree the guy cant even answer a email before you buy from him and the centaur set i bought was way too thick becouse he sells laminated only decals.

Jeff used to offer both laminated and non-laminated versions. Is this no longer the case?

#317 8 years ago

Anyone in the club in the Bay area? And want to leave the club by selling me your SOF?

1 month later
#318 8 years ago

I removed my ramp to give a little info to freeplay40, I put it back together and forgot to plug in the connectors under the pf, a few weeks later I turn it on to play a game, I notice there's issues. I open er up, see the connectors and plug them back in. Now... My drop targets won't reset properly, theyreset very randomly about 5 games in, and reset individually when in coil test.

I pulled the assembly and put new targets in, cleaned everything reflowed solder on the connector pins and the optos. and put it back together. I made sure there was continuity between the connector wires, still having the same issues.

Any help? Any ideas?

edit: placed a help thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-drop-targets

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Any help? Any ideas?

Added post to your help thread...

#320 8 years ago

Drop targets not resetting properly... Fix for mine: reflow solder on the pins on the power supply, drops now working like new. Thanks pinballholder!

#321 8 years ago

New Instruction cards... WIP
The Quality of the final will be sharp, please excuse the fuzziness of the uploaded image

need input

maxresdefault.pngmaxresdefault.png

leftt insert.pngleftt insert.png
#322 8 years ago

I find the dark red gradient and drop shadow on top of cyan, makes some of the text pretty hard to read. The lighter red toward the bottom is quite a bit more legible. Maybe try having the range not bottom out so dark?

#323 8 years ago

Hey!... Photos of the new ramps in a variety of colors that will be available in the next couple weeks posted in this thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/6

#324 8 years ago

I changed things up a little, I think in the long run this will be the better choice, Enjoy!
Print these on an 8x11 photo and the size will print off correct

Swords of Fury Instruction cards.jpgSwords of Fury Instruction cards.jpg
#325 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I changed things up a little, I think in the long run this will be the better choice, Enjoy!

These look great! Well done!

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

These look great! Well done!

Thank you!

Got mine installed, pretty happy with the results, fit like a charm

18334481871_2a9f1665d5_c.jpg18334481871_2a9f1665d5_c.jpg

#327 8 years ago

I was wondering when some one would make some nice cards. thank you sir.

Edit: How are you guys printing these? I hit the arrows to open the image in a new window full size, and saved it. I used preview in windows to open it and I printed it on photo paper at 1200 dpi...but it looks like crap. Blurry/pixelated. Any tips?

#328 8 years ago

I was wondering when some one would make some nice cards. thank you sir.
Edit: How are you guys printing these? I hit the arrows to open the image in a new window full size, and saved it. I used preview in windows to open it and I printed it on photo paper at 1200 dpi...but it looks like crap. Blurry/pixelated. Any tips?

Strange, Mine look great with only a little blurry spots where the original blue was fuzzy even after I touched it up... I had walgreens print mine on glossy photo paper, they look really good.

edit: was it the blue that was blurry? I used the original flyer's "marble" for that part of the image, I'll go online and find a better high rez marble to see if that fixes the issue.... I didn't see the blurriness in my print outs, but looking at the original file, I can see how some inkjet may translate the blue not as sharp as a laser

2 weeks later
#329 8 years ago

Can some one clarify for me that all the lights behind the translite are 555's? I want to place an order but im not at home currently to chck. Thanks

#330 8 years ago

Can some one clarify for me that all the lights behind the translite are 555's? I want to place an order but im not at home currently to chck. Thanks

Just the jackpot and Ogre's alley are 555's everything else is a 44.

#331 8 years ago

Thanks bro.

1 week later
#332 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Print these on an 8x11 photo and the size will print off correct

Swords of Fury Instruction cards.jpg

Great job! Thank you!

#333 8 years ago

Finally had a chance to play this game a few months ago at the Louisville Arcade Expo. Even with the middle flipper not working, this game was fun as hell. I'm envious of those that own one.

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just to let any interested know... Custom ramps available now....
See...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps

Freeplay40

Post up a pic to show how pretty they are!

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK...Twist my arm!!
Here's a ClrClrRedGIand dirclose.JPG coupleBlueClearClose.JPG

Wow...!

Those do not work at all.

pic1. The red GI drowns out all the artwork (of course that doesn't work)

pic2. The blue ramp doesn't appear to fit in the color map of the game at all.

I'm guessing the clear/black ramp with white GI is in fact the winning combination?

Can we possibly see:
3. red ramp / white GI
4. clear/black ramp / white GI

-mof

#339 8 years ago

I'm going with clear over clear. That way I can play with the underlying LEDs to get the look I want.

1 week later
#340 8 years ago

Back in the club! Finally.

#341 8 years ago

ROLL CALL! SOF_2.jpgSOF_2.jpg

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Back in the club! Finally.

And new ramps on the way!

1 week later
#343 8 years ago

Does any one have different color XPIN displays on their SOF? Would love to see.

#344 8 years ago

Does any one have different color XPIN displays on their SOF? Would love to see.

I have a red one in mine. I originally bought it for my F-14, but I sold that machine and got to keep the display. Figured I would put it to good use.

It doesn't look as good in pictures as it does in real life, unfortunately.

IMG_20150719_232151.jpgIMG_20150719_232151.jpg

#345 8 years ago

Nice, thanks. I was thinking red or blue.

#346 8 years ago

There's also green, I thought the contrast might look really nice

1 week later
#347 8 years ago

Hey guys, been having an intermittent problem with the sound on my SOF. In the middle of a game the sound completely cuts out? Turn the game off and back on and still no sound. Fire it up the next day and works fine for a bit then cuts out again? Anybody got any ideas? Ive swapped ribbons and reflowed solder on the connectors and nothing?

#348 8 years ago

Sounds like it could be capacitors on the sound board, I'd replace them first

1 week later
#349 8 years ago

Got some new Apron Cards
IMG_1624.jpgIMG_1624.jpgIMG_1623.jpgIMG_1623.jpgIMG_1618.JPGIMG_1618.JPG

#350 8 years ago

1 Play = 5 Balls? That might make the LIONMAN angry, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.