20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 33.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I had the mod on alligator clips and I yanked it all off the second something seemed funny. First the upper PF flasher locked on. That's when I yanked the mod. I thought I blew the transistor, oh well. Turned it off, looked around didn't see anything dire so I restarted the machine (again no mod). At first the upper PF flasher was off, then it came on, then EVERYTHING came on.
So it's not my mod that is grounding it. I blew something.......I'm trying to figure out what....

Ouch. Then you may have a serious problem. Check all diodes on the coils/flashers, and transistors on the board. I had major trouble with my DND because a slingshot diode popped off at the solder joint.

#202 9 years ago

Yeah....Ouch is right. But like I said I have a bunch of people helping me out. Luckily I think it's all board stuff. And I think in SYS 11 a lot of the diodes were moved off the coils and on to the board. I think.....just something I read.

I'm just doing step by step what people suggest......the good news is a I have 3 other games to keep me occupied. AND I definitely have learned my lesson....modding is evil, hahaha

#203 9 years ago

Has anyone figured out what the differences are in the roms ( L-1 and L-2) and if it's worth upgrading? Once I get mine back up and all that I want it slick!!

#204 9 years ago

In regards to the mini playfield flipper assembly hole should there be a bushing or some sort of plug in the hole to keep the flipper aligned (the hole in the mini playfield) or is it just pass through to the playfield and then hooks into the coil assembly under? Seems like it needs a nylon guide in that hole...

#205 9 years ago

There is nothing in the upper PF hole. It just uses the bushing in the lower PF.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

There is nothing in the upper PF hole. It just uses the bushing in the lower PF.

Ok thanks. Just checking

#207 9 years ago

Hoping to mount my new toppers on Monday, will post pics if I get it done. Picked up a pair of back alley Matt's Predator toppers for this. Think the red will look sweet.

#208 9 years ago

Played over 100 games since getting my SOF back online on Monday. AND I have been out of town most of Monday, all Tues, Weds, Thurs, and part of Fri. So basically I played 100 games in a day....LOVE IT

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Played over 100 games since getting my SOF back online on Monday. AND I have been out of town most of Monday, all Tues, Weds, Thurs, and part of Fri. So basically I played 100 games in a day....LOVE IT

Are you getting the new ramps? or have you had enough of the dangers of unscrewing . I'm definitely going to be in on these new ramps.

#210 9 years ago

My diverter ramp could use some new life. But I think I'll hold for now. Ha

2 weeks later
#211 9 years ago

Joined today! Now to make room, lol.

WP_20141216_13_31_35_Pro.jpgWP_20141216_13_31_35_Pro.jpg
#212 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Joined today! Now to make room, lol.

Safe trip home!
-mof

#213 9 years ago

Closest pin I ever bought too, 5 miles away.

#214 9 years ago

Welcome to the club! Mine won't ever be leaving my collection, so I'm debating getting my PF and mini PF restored and cleared in the new year...but it will be tough to be without the game while that's being done....

#215 9 years ago

I was without mine for about 2 weeks and it was killer, ha

#216 9 years ago

I only recently got to play this game but I liked it a lot. Sunk a couple bucks into it in a comic shop in Reno.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Welcome to the club! Mine won't ever be leaving my collection, so I'm debating getting my PF and mini PF restored and cleared in the new year...but it will be tough to be without the game while that's being done....

Let us know how the clear goes... Sys11s are, from what I've heard, a real bear to clearcoat.

#218 9 years ago

Thinking about putting SOF into rotation in my league. Any tips on the best settings outside pf turning extra balls off. I think my biggest concern is keeping the jackpot consistent.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Well the games you have mentioned are not the top sys 11 games F14 seems to fetch $1500 starting nowdays and good luck getting a BK2K for under $2000 as well Sof Is rare becouse most got shipped overseas so its a sellers market nowdays on this title and most people that have SOF dont want to sell them.

F14 for $1500 starting? I disagree. I saw plenty of F14's for $700-900 at shows last couple of years, fully working but player machines and still didn't sell. You'd be hard pressed to get $1500 for a F14. Same goes for pinbot. People on here think it's a 1500-2000 game, yet you have a nice unfaded one with hardly any playfield wear and you'll sit on it for 6 months at $1200-1400.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Let us know how the clear goes... Sys11s are, from what I've heard, a real bear to clearcoat.

I restored and clearcoated mine with no problems. All system 11's are hit or miss. Depends on how the lacquer on your playfield is acting. If it's cracking and getting air under it by the plastic. It could be a nightmare. You dont' really know how smooth it's going to go until the first layer of clear hits. I'm restoring a NOS BK2K right now and NOS F14 in house for people. The BK2K turned into an air bubble disaster and the F14 went pretty smooth. So you just never know.

2 weeks later
#221 9 years ago

Trying to get my SoF up to shape for Louisville's Expo in March. Got a Flipper Fidelity system installed today and it sounds awesome. I can't decide if I want to install my new plastics or wait, because I dont want the plastic on the right next to the tunnel to break. I wish there was a protector available.

I keep thinking about the worn to wood spot where the ball drops off the upper playfield. I'm not ready to try my hand at playfield touch ups, so I'll have to live with it for now. But, has anyone tried to make a wire guide. To take the ball from the upper playfield drain directly to the left inlane?

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Trying to get my SoF up to shape for Louisville's Expo in March. Got a Flipper Fidelity system installed today and it sounds awesome. I can't decide if I want to install my new plastics or wait, because I dont want the plastic on the right next to the tunnel to break. I wish there was a protector available.
I keep thinking about the worn to wood spot where the ball drops off the upper playfield. I'm not ready to try my hand at playfield touch ups, so I'll have to live with it for now. But, has anyone tried to make a wire guide. To take the ball from the upper playfield drain directly to the left inlane?

Would there be enough room for that underneath the glass? It would be a pretty tight fit I think

#223 9 years ago

But, has anyone tried to make a wire guide. To take the ball from the upper playfield drain directly to the left inlane?

Yes it's been done. Nelly rethemed a SOF (blasphemy I know!) to a Buffy pin and added a rail:

https://img-s.pinside.com/archive/df/original/df7b1f3b0441d09107eb8837d56be7b6b33f5a2f.jpg

He said he got it of a TMNT pin, small mod to it and BAM. I would love to do this if I can find an affordable one.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Yes it's been done. Nelly rethemed a SOF (blasphemy I know!) to a Buffy pin and added a rail:
https://img-s.pinside.com/archive/df/original/df7b1f3b0441d09107eb8837d56be7b6b33f5a2f.jpg
He said he got it of a TMNT pin, small mod to it and BAM. I would love to do this if I can find an affordable one.

Stupid me. I forgot all about Buffy.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Nelly rethemed a SOF (blasphemy I know!)

I'm never going to live this down am I?

has anyone tried to make a wire guide. To take the ball from the upper playfield drain directly to the left inlane?

Yes as agodfrey said, I made one for the Buffy project. It was a TMNT green wire ramp that I cut down to fit. The ramps were not easy to come buy (I had to find 2 since I needed a second for Buffy#2). I do know someone that could fabricate these if it was something that people would be interested in. I would need to get his input on whether he would want to do it and how much they would cost though.

wire ramp.jpgwire ramp.jpg

#226 9 years ago

I would be interested in one if they were being made for a reasonable price.

#228 9 years ago

yeah. i think this is a worthwhile mod especially since you told me where you got it from and I have been looking for a TMNT. I ALMOST bought the machine for the ramp...then I thought better, ha....kinda.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I'm never going to live this down am I?

Nope......

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

if it was something that people would be interested in.

I may be interested based on price...

#231 9 years ago

I'd be in for sure...

#232 9 years ago

Me too depending on price and on whether or not I'd have to lose the spinner there.
Looks like there is not clearance for it with the wireform on, and noticed it was removed from Buffy.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Me too depending on price and on whether or not I'd have to lose the spinner there.
Looks like there is not clearance for it with the wireform on, and noticed it was removed from Buffy.

Yes, I was looking at this too. It would have to be done differently to retain the spinner there. Not sure if it will be possible.

4 weeks later
#234 9 years ago

While you guys are at it you should also tak Nelly into making and selling more of his clear mini playfields. I have one on my (*cough*) machine and it makes the playfield feel much larger.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

While you guys are at it you should also tak Nelly into making and selling more of his clear mini playfields. I have one on my (*cough*) machine and it makes the playfield feel much larger

Could you post a picture of that, sounds cool and I have never seen one

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Could you post a picture of that, sounds cool and I have never seen one

I also would like to see it

#237 9 years ago

This is my SoB (Swords of Buffy) still relativey early on in the conversion process. It looks a bit better now (and that fat rubber that wouldn't let the balls through has been removed). Nelly's pictures (and machine) look much better

image.jpgimage.jpg
#238 9 years ago

This one is a little closer. Not having the plastics on really feels like a cheat since seeing exactly where there rubber bands are oriented helps judge where the ball will wind up after impact. Not nearly as bad as the super bands though. They're growing on me but the game sure plays differently with them!

Nelly has a plastic cut that hides the drop assembly.

Also, the Buffy code base is likely to have a very extensive SoF tribute mode soon. My boy runs around screaming lionman and challenge me... He's a few months away from five, which makes yelling Lionman a wee bit more age appropriate

image.jpgimage.jpg
#239 9 years ago

I actually really dig the look of the clear upper playfield, it's kind of nice to see what's going on with the ball lock loop.

#240 9 years ago

Pictures do not even do it justice. I cant tell you how many people didn't even notice there was an upper playfield there anymore when they looked at it.

Oh, and Mocean, I need to get you a plastic to cover the drop target assembly, stat!

#241 9 years ago

Here are some pics of my clear playfield.

clear slayfield.jpgclear slayfield.jpg

clear slayfield 2.jpgclear slayfield 2.jpg

#242 9 years ago

Clear upper playfield is pretty cool, and I'd love to convert to a wireform, but not at the expense of the spinner. If someone figures out how to make the wireform and spinner co-exist, I'm really interested.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If someone figures out how to make the wireform and spinner co-exist, I'm really interested.

I have started to look into this. It may take making a new bracket to hold the spinner in order for everything to fit.

1 week later
#244 9 years ago

ive got a question. ive been playing this alot lately and am wondering how the jackpot is increased and how to relight the shields feature.

#245 9 years ago

Jackpot increases after every game that it is not collected. HOW much it increases can be modified on your menu settings. I have my set to the lowest setting (1k per game) to help keep it a little more level for competitive play.

I think in game once collected it goes down to 50k, if it is not collected that game it defaults to 150k and then goes up per game not collected.

The shield kick back is re-lit during multi-ball or when you lose your ball. There is no otherw ay to re-lite it

#246 9 years ago

good to know. i have a league match tonight on this game, so i will have to go and collect the jackpot pregame to even it out.

#247 9 years ago

Let me know how it goes. I am constantly trying to fine tune the competitive settings on SOF because I love it (we all do right!) and want it to be play competitively more often.

I think (as far as I have seen) all other awards are evened out. The one thing that makes this tough is that you can steal ball locks/multiballs.

AT least the way mine works it could be an easy coding fix, well KINDA. But that is one thing you have to look out for in a multi player situation. Open to comment on all this stuff, let me know what ypu guys have found helpful.

#248 9 years ago

Ohhh and the Jackpot is 150k but I think once collected (say by player 2) IT GOES TO 50K for the rest of the game so that can mess up the other players. Open to suggestions on that one.

A.

#249 9 years ago

I have in the past either spotted the other 100k or had people play single player games to help with the ball stealing situation. In the end it doesn't slow the night down too much as 4 people playing single player games takes about the same amount of time as 1 four player game

#250 9 years ago

i have a pretty good strategy im going to use on this. not too concerned about the lock stealing, i usually only lock one ball before starting mb anyways...i never shoot for the titan lock or the tunnel shots....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.