20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 33.
#101 9 years ago

Finally got mine set up, Matt Rasmussen's old SOF, from what I found it went to one party then to PINB on here and after talking to Brian and convincing him shipping to Canada is easy, he sold it to me, super fast a lot like F14 I think and I am lucky to have a nice example. Added some Pinballpro speakers, with the music on this they are a great upgrade....set up next to my Pinbot, WH20 will going beside it as well.IMG_0249.JPGIMG_0249.JPG. Planning to add a topper that came with my MM when I bought it and a skull shooter rod, maybe try to find a place for a skeleton/coffin from Mezelmods too as I have an extra. Thinking that the way the lights black out sometimes it might be interesting candidate for black pinballs too.

1 week later
#102 9 years ago

I just purchased a SOF a few weeks ago and it was in good shape. I just finished shopping it out and a few upgrades. One of the things I did was install cointaker LEDs, but I create my own kit rather than just buying theirs. Just like with my other pin, I created a spreadsheet of all the parts and the LEDs and where they go. Anyway I thought others might find it useful because if you select your own LEDs instead of the kit you can save about $75 and it seems the details on the LEDs used in the playfield never get posted by anyone. Hope others find it useful.

20140706_100642-271.jpg20140706_100642-271.jpg

Swords of Fury LED List-165.pdfSwords of Fury LED List-165.pdf

#103 9 years ago

10426598_10204114562890261_8600632405287734882_n.jpg10426598_10204114562890261_8600632405287734882_n.jpg
Well I need to do a lot of work on mine .

#104 9 years ago

I just finished the 3D model of the custom shooter handle that I am designing for my SOF. Should have it printed next week. Then I can make a mold and cast a solid plastic one. Can't wait. It's gonna be coooool.

Sword Shooter Handle.pngSword Shooter Handle.png

#105 9 years ago

Anyone in the Bay Area? Would like to play and/or buy?

1 week later
#106 9 years ago

System 11 for the win bruh!

Quoted from volkdrive:

Finally got mine set up, Matt Rasmussen's old SOF, from what I found it went to one party then to PINB on here and after talking to Brian and convincing him shipping to Canada is easy, he sold it to me, super fast a lot like F14 I think and I am lucky to have a nice example. Added some Pinballpro speakers, with the music on this they are a great upgrade....set up next to my Pinbot, WH20 will going beside it as well.. Planning to add a topper that came with my MM when I bought it and a skull shooter rod, maybe try to find a place for a skeleton/coffin from Mezelmods too as I have an extra. Thinking that the way the lights black out sometimes it might be interesting candidate for black pinballs too.

IMG_0249.JPG 180 KB

3 weeks later
#107 9 years ago

ahhhh the most asked question... doesanyone have a center ramp or able to make one? I need one?

#108 9 years ago

Came here for Furious S*** words -

3 weeks later
#109 9 years ago

I'm in the club! Made a trade for my TFTC and all I can say is LIONMAN!!!!! What an awesome game! Love the sounds, love the layout, love the challenge of the game.

20140903_152546.jpg20140903_152546.jpg
20140903_154542.jpg20140903_154542.jpg

Need to re-pin the G.I. on the right side of the back box but other then its in great shape

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I'm in the club! Made a trade for my TFTC and all I can say is LIONMAN!!!!! What an awesome game! Love the sounds, love the layout, love the challenge of the game.

Yeah SOF has prolly the best soundtrack out of any of the SYS11 machines mine isnt going anywhere either

#111 9 years ago

Hi SoF owners. I can source brand new SoF translights if anyone is interested. I am also offering to restock Marco's supply next month but for now they'll be cheaper from me.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from elevatedreality:

I just finished the 3D model of the custom shooter handle that I am designing for my SOF. Should have it printed next week. Then I can make a mold and cast a solid plastic one. Can't wait. It's gonna be coooool.

Sword Shooter Handle.png 140 KB

looks great, but also looks like it's going to stick out pretty far. Like JP gun far. Can't even tell you how many times the JP gun has shot me in the coin purse.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Hi SoF owners. I can source brand new SoF translights if anyone is interested. I am also offering to restock Marco's supply next month but for now they'll be cheaper from me.

What is the price \difference on them from vs marco? also what would shipping be to the US? with rises in postal costs and likelyhood of damage it would be interesting to see if its worthwhile to buy from you or wait for marco to carry them.

Do you have any pictures of the new translights backlit and pictures of the unlighted front and back of them?

#114 9 years ago

Finished up the cast part a while back but never posted a pic. Here is the finished shooter rod handle. It isn't horribly long, about 5". It actually feels nice in the hand too. My favorite part is the leather wrapping. It just makes it feel like a real sword handle. I'm thinking about doing another one, but with no cross and a copper color hilt. I think that could look pretty good too. I would like to do a walk through of the design and build in a separate thread (I have a bunch of pictures). If I ever get around to it I will post a link to it.

20140823_183624.jpg20140823_183624.jpg

#115 9 years ago

Finished up the cast part a while back but never posted a pic. Here is the finished shooter rod handle. It isn't horribly long, about 5". It actually feels nice in the hand too. My favorite part is the leather wrapping. It just makes it feel like a real sword handle. I'm thinking about doing another one, but with no cross and a copper color hilt. I think that could look pretty good too. I would like to do a walk through of the design and build in a separate thread (I have a bunch of pictures). If I ever get around to it I will post a link to it.

I am not in the club. But I really want to be...Anyone selling in Bay Area>? That shooter rod is amazing. I already get jabbed in the groin with my IJ. But the pain may be worth it cuz this looks amazing

#116 9 years ago

Finished up the cast part a while back but never posted a pic. Here is the finished shooter rod handle.

The shooter rod does look cool and is nicely built but i would never want one on my machine its too long and i would think the weight of the handle would affect the way the shooter operates.

#117 9 years ago

that looks like a booby trap for me to ring my coin purse on. I'm getting Jurassic park gun flashbacks all over again.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that looks like a booby trap for me to ring my coin purse on. I'm getting Jurassic Park gun flashbacks all over again.

LIONMAN!

Oh wait...wrong thread.

1 week later
#119 9 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy the upper playfield flipper? Mine is a bit discolored and I'm looking for a white replacement.

#120 9 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy the upper playfield flipper? Mine is a bit discolored and I'm looking for a white replacement.

Seconded. Been meaning to ask for a while myself.

#121 9 years ago

I have a complete, 100% working but unshopped Swords of Fury as well as a fully populated SoF playfield I am considering selling. Is anybody here interested, and what do you think I could get for these items?

The complete machine has a playfield with a lot of protective mylar, but it still has a few wear spots. The ramps are in good shape. The cabinet is great minus one or two scratches.

Here are some photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/62766853@N07/sets/72157647484173277/

[email protected] if interested.
IMG_1585.JPGIMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1586.JPGIMG_1586.JPG
IMG_1587.JPGIMG_1587.JPG
IMG_1588.JPGIMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1593.JPGIMG_1593.JPG
IMG_1590.JPGIMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1595.JPGIMG_1595.JPG
IMG_1594.JPGIMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1596.JPGIMG_1596.JPG

#122 9 years ago

I don't have an answer to the question but you may get good results with alternating oxi clean soaks/Novus cleaning in a pinch.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

I have a complete, 100% working but unshopped Swords of Fury as well as a fully populated SoF playfield I am considering selling. Is anybody here interested, and what do you think I could get for these items?
The complete machine has a playfield with a lot of protective mylar, but it still has a few wear spots. The ramps are in good shape. The cabinet is great minus one or two scratches.
Here are some photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/62766853@N07/sets/72157647484173277/
[email protected] if interested.

IMG_1585.JPG 261 KB

IMG_1586.JPG 325 KB

IMG_1587.JPG 303 KB

IMG_1588.JPG 214 KB

IMG_1593.JPG 192 KB

IMG_1590.JPG 244 KB

IMG_1595.JPG 204 KB

IMG_1594.JPG 161 KB

IMG_1596.JPG 178 KB

Maybe $1600 for your SOF? Don't know what your extra PF is worth.

#124 9 years ago

there is one in Calgary, AB, Canada going for $$2,200.00.... crazy eh... worst yet someone will buy it

#125 9 years ago

I also tried finding that upper playfield flipper... to no avail.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

I don't have an answer to the question but you may get good results with alternating oxi clean soaks/Novus cleaning in a pinch.

Thanks. I don't think the discolored flipper is on the surface. I think it's a breakdown of the plastic itself. So the discolor is all the way through.

I'll give it a try and see. Just thought I could order a new one to save me the hassle.

#127 9 years ago

Marco and BAA carried the mini flipper with the extended shaft but think they only come in grey or yellow.
Another thing you can do is make a jig and will an 1/4" extension to a regular 2" flipper but not sure how your welding skills are lol

#128 9 years ago

Does anyone know where I can pick up a center ramp? Can't find any available at the regular sources. Thanks.

#129 9 years ago

Thanks. I don't think the discolored flipper is on the surface. I think it's a breakdown of the plastic itself. So the discolor is all the way through.
I'll give it a try and see. Just thought I could order a new one to save me the hassle.

If you can't find a replacement, I wonder if a coat a gloss white spray paint would hold up.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe $1600 for your SOF? Don't know what your extra PF is worth.

I also have a complete repro plastics set I want to include with this sale. I'd like to sell the 100% working/complete machine (wear on mini playfield MAGIC letters), populated playfield (with very nice mini playfield, excellent ramps, and everything else you'd need to restore), and the plastic kit altogether.

Would prefer a local sale. $2200 for the whole shebang.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Marco and BAA carried the mini flipper with the extended shaft but think they only come in grey or yellow.
Another thing you can do is make a jig and will an 1/4" extension to a regular 2" flipper but not sure how your welding skills are lol

Actually that's an idea I haven't thought of. I'm in the skill trades department at the factory I work in. Not to mention the welder that's in my garage. So I could easily weld up a longer shaft to a flipper. Thanks for the help.

#132 9 years ago

if it's discolored paint it. Holds up fine and looks great. paint the color then clear it. I painted mine silver.

2 weeks later
#133 9 years ago

Shopping out my SoF!!!! The previous owner took the PF apart and I plan in cleaning and waxing it but need some advice on putting the mini pf back together. Any pics of where to put the screws back in? or what order. Thanks!

#134 9 years ago

A bit pricey but seems to be in stock.
http://www.coinoperatorshop.com/Flipper/Ersatzteile/Ersatzteile-nach-Modell-1219/Sword-of-Fury/Flipperarm-klein.html

#135 9 years ago

Thanks, but I think I'll pass. If i cant read the website then I'm not ordering. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust a website I can't read= over seas somewhere. Has anyone ordered from them?

#136 9 years ago

Thanks, but I think I'll pass. If i cant read the website then I'm not ordering. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust a website I can't read= over seas somewhere. Has anyone ordered from them?

I just checked this out as it would be nice to have a spare....click the German flag at the top you get an English conversion button...

#137 9 years ago

Quick question for all you seasoned SoF owners. Got mine over the weekend and I am busy shopping it out. I can;t tell from the pictures most people post but is the back of the playfield, where the top of the back meets up with the bottom of the head, is that sloped? I was racking my brain last night on how to fix it because it looked like it was misaligned and then it dawned on me that maybe the gap on the top left above the magic drop targets was intentional.

Can anyone confirm this?

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Quick question for all you seasoned SoF owners. Got mine over the weekend and I am busy shopping it out. I can;t tell from the pictures most people post but is the back of the playfield, where the top of the back meets up with the bottom of the head, is that sloped? I was racking my brain last night on how to fix it because it looked like it was misaligned and then it dawned on me that maybe the gap on the top left above the magic drop targets was intentional.
Can anyone confirm this?

Cant picture what you are referring to. Can you post up a pic of what gap you are talking about?

#139 9 years ago

Yeah. I will post it when i get home from work. It just seems like the PF it higher on the right. Like it's misaligned. Again, I'll post a pic tonight. Thanks!

#140 9 years ago

The top of backboard should be level with the top of the cabinet/bottom of the head. How off is it from side to side?

#141 9 years ago

right side seems pretty flush. Left side is about 1/3 maybe half inch gap. I tried reseating it by lifting it up and putting it back down but it doesn't seem to make a difference.....Like the brackets that hold it are off or something.

#142 9 years ago

Was the post in front of the drain stock? Do you all keep it in or remove it? Game seems too easy with it in.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Was the post in front of the drain stock?

It's in. I plan on keeping it in until I get a chance to play it for a few weeks. Plus I have a lot of visitors so it might be nice to have them check it out and not drain all the time. Plus my wife was excited about the post so she doesn't drain as much so I'll leave it for a bit.

#144 9 years ago

I've been keeping a lazy eye out for a SoF for a couple years now, and finally got a one a week ago It's a ton of fun, though, the layout is designed in such a way that I can easily keep the ball from draining... 2+ multiballs pr ball sometimes if that's all I go for. The jackpot takes lots of ball coordination to get though.

How does one increase the jackpot beyond 1.5m? I have my game set on freeplay, does that have anything to do with it not increasing?

-Lin

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

How does one increase the jackpot beyond 1.5m

I believe the jackpot is cumulative. It goes up every game until collected then starts all over, yes? Just play a few games and not collect it....I think that's how it works.

#146 9 years ago

Also, has anyone found those spinner decals for the balrog u-turn? I have one of each (one open, one closed) but need another set. I may just make my own if I run out of luck as all I can find is the shiny drop target decals/

#147 9 years ago

Just had a killer game and had to share...
hiscore.jpghiscore.jpg

#148 9 years ago

Ok Two puzzlers for you. Here is a shot my my PF. If you look at the back you'll seem that one side of the back is higher than the othere, you can see more bolts. I fiddled around for an hour trying to get it even with no luck. I'm at the point that I might just tilt the game.....silly as it seems. Did I bend something?

2014-10-14 07.20.55.jpg2014-10-14 07.20.55.jpg 2014-10-14 07.21.04.jpg2014-10-14 07.21.04.jpg
#149 9 years ago

Next puzzler is the shooter rod. I went to replace the spring but couldn't get it out. I took the E clip off and then took the shooter tip rubber off and this is what I found.

Normally I just take the E clip off and it all comes off. But the end of this one is tapered. It's actually KINDA pointed at the end. Anyone seen this before? Was it a hack? My plan is to file that edge off so I can get everything off. Any other suggestions?

2014-10-14 07.24.31.jpg2014-10-14 07.24.31.jpg 2014-10-14 07.24.39.jpg2014-10-14 07.24.39.jpg 2014-10-14 07.25.16.jpg2014-10-14 07.25.16.jpg
#150 9 years ago

Last question. I bought the game taken apart. The prev owner was going to shop it but didn't have the time, so I got a deal. I am doing a pretty good job of putting it all back together, he bagged each section separately. BUT, not that I am on the mini playfield I have that mounted, I have the drop targets mounted, I have the moving lights above the drop targets, I have pretty much all the cables plugged in but I can't figure out what catches the ball when it falls behind the drop targets. Am I missing a piece? What does it look like. I still have some more parts to put on but nothing LOOKS like it would be it. Any idea? Send a pic of what it looks like. if you can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.