20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 33.
#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I may be about to joint this club!
Gonna put hands on tomorrow. Love the game but gotta check out the condition.
Any advice on things specific to this game that I should look out for or ask the current owner about?

Hope you can sleep tonight haha

The drop targets usually don’t work as designed, a simple fix on the power supply by resoldering the pins on the back of the power supply

Look for broken ramps, and wear on the playfield, otherwise just normal stuff.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I may be about to joint this club!
Gonna put hands on tomorrow. Love the game but gotta check out the condition.
Any advice on things specific to this game that I should look out for or ask the current owner about?

If it's got the original mylar protector it'll probably have some bubbles, and dimples on the left lane and center play field where the ball drops down—but those are pretty much inevitable for a 30+ year old game, so doubtful it'll affect your decision.

As noted above, drops are probably the most vulnerable mechanic. Optos can die so switches don't register, coils can get gunky so they don't reliably reset. But those can be readily fixed with $7 opto and a $0.75 coil sleeve, so again... probably won't affect your decision.

Really, all you need to know is whether it can LIONMAN!!

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hope you can sleep tonight haha
The drop targets usually don’t work as designed, a simple fix on the power supply by resoldering the pins on the back of the power supply
Look for broken ramps, and wear on the playfield, otherwise just normal stuff.

Thanks!

Quoted from avanwinkle:

If it's got the original mylar protector it'll probably have some bubbles, and dimples on the left lane and center play field where the ball drops down—but those are pretty much inevitable for a 30+ year old game, so doubtful it'll affect your decision.
As noted above, drops are probably the most vulnerable mechanic. Optos can die so switches don't register, coils can get gunky so they don't reliably reset. But those can be readily fixed with $7 opto and a $0.75 coil sleeve, so again... probably won't affect your decision.
Really, all you need to know is whether it can LIONMAN!!

Thanks for the advice folks. It has some Mylar bubble and the drop under the mini playfield is down to the wood! But I got it anyway. It was 3k and the guy was willing to drop it off at house!

It plays great but needs some love.

I tore down as much as I could and cleaned up the playfields with napthpha then blitzed it up and put it back together.

I only had to replace a couple of bulbs.

I think it looks pretty good for its age and its wickedly fast.

I ordered:
New rubbers
New balls
Operators manual with schematics
Gold legs, levelers, bolts
Playfield protector to prevent further wear
New translight (existing one has some holes from bulbs melting it)
New speaker grill plastic (existing one has a chunk cut out of it)
New plastics
New decals
Side art blades.

I appear to be missing at least a few playfield ornaments. But I am not sure what. Maybe some folks here can help me identify?

Also the front of the cab was repaired and painted black but the sides are fine. I can’t seem to find a place that lets me order the art package a la carte. I just want/need the front. :-/

Now I gotta walk through the thread from the start and see if any neat mods exist for this game.

85A92A63-B24B-4691-BD79-2010E78BB2CB (resized).jpeg85A92A63-B24B-4691-BD79-2010E78BB2CB (resized).jpeg
42E7EC2F-A927-4CDA-9F77-A16CCA67B74D (resized).jpeg42E7EC2F-A927-4CDA-9F77-A16CCA67B74D (resized).jpegE8A04635-79CC-4E07-B5D9-D0DD20A3200A (resized).jpegE8A04635-79CC-4E07-B5D9-D0DD20A3200A (resized).jpeg

2194C893-AA4E-4FD7-9409-2CA057878C90 (resized).jpeg2194C893-AA4E-4FD7-9409-2CA057878C90 (resized).jpegEED2FCC5-D7B7-483D-AF41-D31EDA449C9A (resized).jpegEED2FCC5-D7B7-483D-AF41-D31EDA449C9A (resized).jpeg
#1404 2 years ago

Check the ramps over well for any cracks and damage (new ones available from Freeplay40)....
Check the upper playfield to lower playfield chute (it's 2 screws removed from the bottom of the main playfield) the chute is almost always broken
I didn't see a lot of mention of the boards - so check those over well - Power Supply caps, alkaline damage on the MPU, burns at the interconnect - the usual things.
Cliffy does make ramp protectors

We do offer a simple 'mod' ...we remade the drop target decals and they are color-coded - so instead of just being orange - each drop matches the color of the playfield lanes and lights above....just PM me for that....

Matt

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Check the ramps over well for any cracks and damage (new ones available from Freeplay40)....
Check the upper playfield to lower playfield chute (it's 2 screws removed from the bottom of the main playfield) the chute is almost always broken
I didn't see a lot of mention of the boards - so check those over well - Power Supply caps, alkaline damage on the MPU, burns at the interconnect - the usual things.
Cliffy does make ramp protectors
We do offer a simple 'mod' ...we remade the drop target decals and they are color-coded - so instead of just being orange - each drop matches the color of the playfield lanes and lights above....just PM me for that....
Matt

Thanks. I grabbed the multi-color targets the other day from here:
https://www.thepinballwizard.net/playfield-parts/swords-of-fury-drop-target-mod-set-of-5/

Are those yours?

I’m having a hard time finding stickers for the spinner.
F8C02FF5-FC73-4D1B-BF50-5BC799FC1FC8 (resized).jpegF8C02FF5-FC73-4D1B-BF50-5BC799FC1FC8 (resized).jpeg

Also, I’m not sure about getting a replacement ramp. I like the look of the clear but mine seems to be in okay shape and I’d rather not ship it off and chance losing it or have my game down for a few weeks.

#1406 2 years ago

The spinner decals are available - search for Mikonis (or zonaarcade I think as well) - I think he's posted them in this club as well as on pinside - he makes most of the decals for the pin...

We make just the color coded decals on the drops - what you ordered are the drop targets AND the decals that go on them...if your drops are in good condition - our decals are only $6USD (that includes shipping!)

Matt

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice folks. It has some Mylar bubble and the drop under the mini playfield is down to the wood! But I got it anyway. It was 3k and the guy was willing to drop it off at house!
It plays great but needs some love.
I tore down as much as I could and cleaned up the playfields with napthpha then blitzed it up and put it back together.
I only had to replace a couple of bulbs.
I think it looks pretty good for its age and its wickedly fast.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b82fc0916bdea1373f42e0e2d59e491288ab01b1-1632090048-1800"};
//]]>

I ordered:
New rubbers
New balls
Operators manual with schematics
Gold legs, levelers, bolts
Playfield protector to prevent further wear
New translight (existing one has some holes from bulbs melting it)
New speaker grill plastic (existing one has a chunk cut out of it)
New plastics
New decals
Side art blades.
I appear to be missing at least a few playfield ornaments. But I am not sure what. Maybe some folks here can help me identify?
Also the front of the cab was repaired and painted black but the sides are fine. I can’t seem to find a place that lets me order the art package a la carte. I just want/need the front. :-/
Now I gotta walk through the thread from the start and see if any neat mods exist for this game.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I added quite a few upgrades to mine if you want to take a look for ideas:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119234

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Finally, after close to a year it is complete! I am having some flipper issues that I need to sort out. I am hoping it's nothing major. I have some wonky stuff going on. Prior to the flipper install all was well so I will have to go back and look over the wiring. Aside from that it's just not registering a ball drain. Hopefully it will be playable by Sunday! Lionman!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How did you get your wire forms blue like that? Did you send out to a place?

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

How did you get your wire forms blue like that? Did you send out to a place?

She probably did the same as I did....I had mine black powder coated.....

Matt

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

She probably did the same as I did....I had mine black powder coated.....
Matt

Where did you send them?

We’re you happy with the results?

How have they held up?

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Where did you send them?
We’re you happy with the results?
How have they held up?

Robert stone did them.... Very happy..... Held up perfectly......I like black for the color....I tend to like things to blend in than stand out....

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Issues have been resolved, and I've made a listing for those that would like one of these for themselves:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01343-swords-of-fury-tunnel-mod-ramp-cover

[quoted image]

I wish I had found this thread before this mod was retired! Looks so sweet! Great job.

#1413 2 years ago

Almost done depopulating!

Then sending to CaptainNeo

E54FBCF6-002E-4BD8-B6F6-2905464181A4 (resized).jpegE54FBCF6-002E-4BD8-B6F6-2905464181A4 (resized).jpeg
#1414 2 years ago

Well. Playfield is fully depopulated… except…

I noticed a mini post missing from the spinner horseshoe area when I bought the game. Closer inspection shows it must have snapped off a long time ago. How do I get the rest of it out of there?

Also, can someone please confirm it’s a mini post? I think it’s Marco part #02-3905.

Also, most of my post studs snapped off in the tnuts so I need to get all new ones of those. I think part #02-9899.

0EFE74FD-3E36-4F90-B625-5FE550868774 (resized).jpeg0EFE74FD-3E36-4F90-B625-5FE550868774 (resized).jpeg8711AD9F-0063-415D-84C2-BD10F691FFE2 (resized).jpeg8711AD9F-0063-415D-84C2-BD10F691FFE2 (resized).jpeg8D271051-2BD5-4F47-8371-313A19BBF0C8 (resized).jpeg8D271051-2BD5-4F47-8371-313A19BBF0C8 (resized).jpeg
#1415 2 years ago

Mine was snapped of exactly the same way...i had to drill it out with a small drill bit, but it was a pain in the a**.
It is the same post as it is between the flippers.

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Mine was snapped of exactly the same way...i had to drill it out with a small drill bit, but it was a pain in the a**.

I’ll have to buy a better bit than the ones I have. I already snapped a bit trying to drill out a tnut.

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Easily drilled it out with a cobalt bit. Unfortunately the person that tried to get it out of there before me wore the screw hole unevenly. So now a replacement wood screw post will go in slanted.

I think I’m going to just drill the hole a bit larger so I can go with a beefier post and washer/hex nut it down from under the playfield. Should never snap again.

EA8ECD04-814F-4617-9459-FCAD692234F0 (resized).jpegEA8ECD04-814F-4617-9459-FCAD692234F0 (resized).jpeg
157DBCA2-D995-4336-BF83-1289196AF068 (resized).jpeg157DBCA2-D995-4336-BF83-1289196AF068 (resized).jpeg

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Easily drilled it out with a cobalt bit. Unfortunately the person that tried to get it out of there before me wore the screw hole unevenly. So now a replacement wood screw post will go in slanted.
I think I’m going to just drill the hole a bit larger so I can go with a beefier post and washer/hex nut it down from under the playfield. Should never snap again.

Excellent - sounds like a good plan...

2 weeks later
#1419 2 years ago

Update, trim and ball wire guides removed and going out to Robertstone0407 for powder coating (Gold Vein).

Clear ramps from Freeplay40 have arrived.
Art Blades arrived (will install today!)

NeoSkywalker is working on restoring/clear coating the playfield.

I’m touching up the cab artwork and polishing all the playfield metals.

442A1284-A599-420E-A287-9490FB8EA2BA (resized).jpeg442A1284-A599-420E-A287-9490FB8EA2BA (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1420 2 years ago

dashv where did you get your artblades? Happy with them?

I spent some quality time with Lionman over the last week. Had my longest game yet, and realized just how good the flow can be when I’m actually hitting shots. Now I’m thinking I should really do it up right

#1421 2 years ago

Hi all
Occassionally I'll get a 2 ball multiball, usually when i have one ball locked, and if the ramp diverter is set to drop into the ball lock area and i hit the center ramp, it will start this 2 ball multiball. Is this correct, or is there something wrong? I haven't been able to find it in the rules documentation.

#1422 2 years ago

Seems like something is wrong. When I have that situation my locked ball is kicked out and replaced by the new ball, but still just a single ball is in play. I’m sure someone else will chime in, I remember reading something similar at one point….

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Seems like something is wrong. When I have that situation my locked ball is kicked out and replaced by the new ball, but still just a single ball is in play. I’m sure someone else will chime in, I remember reading something similar at one point….

Yeah seems like this is not supposed to happen. I did some searches but failed to find anything.

#1424 2 years ago

Bospins no lie a few days ago my wife and I were playing Swords and she had a 2 ball multiball, I wasn’t paying too much attention to what caused it, but I’m guessing it was my reply to your post

#1425 2 years ago

The game physically can't eject just a single ball from the lock, so if two balls get in there it has to start a multiball because they're both going to come out.

Normal "accidental" two-ball multiballs happen when one ball is locked and the next ball goes up the left lane but not far enough to hit the scoop, so it falls down into the lock. It's not common, but it certainly happens from time to time in regular play.

Bospins This shouldn't happen from the ramp though, because the game should eject the first ball before the second one arrives. This would be determined by the incoming ball hitting the switch as it crosses over the playfield—perhaps your switch is faulty? If that switch isn't detected then the first ball won't be kicked out, and the two-ball multiball rules will take effect.

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

dashv where did you get your artblades? Happy with them?
I spent some quality time with Lionman over the last week. Had my longest game yet, and realized just how good the flow can be when I’m actually hitting shots. Now I’m thinking I should really do it up right

I got them from Retro Refurbs.
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/swords-of-fury-pinball-sideblades/

They installed pretty easily and stay stuck. Playfield and trim are still out being worked on.

30757E94-7D0C-40A7-B347-E85392BD720B (resized).jpeg30757E94-7D0C-40A7-B347-E85392BD720B (resized).jpeg
#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from avanwinkle:

The game physically can't eject just a single ball from the lock, so if two balls get in there it has to start a multiball because they're both going to come out.
Normal "accidental" two-ball multiballs happen when one ball is locked and the next ball goes up the left lane but not far enough to hit the scoop, so it falls down into the lock. It's not common, but it certainly happens from time to time in regular play.
Bospins This shouldn't happen from the ramp though, because the game should eject the first ball before the second one arrives. This would be determined by the incoming ball hitting the switch as it crosses over the playfield—perhaps your switch is faulty? If that switch isn't detected then the first ball won't be kicked out, and the two-ball multiball rules will take effect.

So I think I solved this, when i lock a ball, the ball rolls over the ball 2 lock switch and then settles on the ball 1 lock switch. When it rolled over the ball 2 lock switch that lock switch stayed down, but when it shot the balls out, the ball rolling over the switch in the reverse direction set it back into its neutral state. Adjusting the switch wireform seems to have fixed it.

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

So I think I solved this, when i lock a ball, the ball rolls over the ball 2 lock switch and then settles on the ball 1 lock switch. When it rolled over the ball 2 lock switch that lock switch stayed down, but when it shot the balls out, the ball rolling over the switch in the reverse direction set it back into its neutral state. Adjusting the switch wireform seems to have fixed it.

Nice troubleshooting and thanks for sharing.

#1429 2 years ago

I still find it amazing that tweaking a switch or mech just the right way can solve so many weird issues.

#1430 2 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of the upper playfield with the rubbers on, but plastics off?

Someone got creative with mine, wondering what it's supposed to look like...looked through the manual but still wasn't clear to me.

Appreciate it, thanks guys

1 week later
#1431 2 years ago

LIONMAN had seen some rough adventures but plays fine otherwise

20211217_144138 (resized).jpg20211217_144138 (resized).jpg20211217_144308 (resized).jpg20211217_144308 (resized).jpg20211217_144317 (resized).jpg20211217_144317 (resized).jpg
#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from harig:

LIONMAN had seen some rough adventures but plays fine otherwise [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh my goodness!

#1433 2 years ago

Joined the club here recently, really enjoying the game! I was looking into some of the in game music and found a site with all the music ripped from the game roms. I was wondering if anyone has heard this “untitled” track 5 and knew if it was actually used in the game?

https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/swords-of-fury-williams-pinball-soundtrack

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from Lockenick:

I was wondering if anyone has heard this “untitled” track 5 and knew if it was actually used in the game?

It's on the game roms and you can play it directly, but it isn't used during gameplay at all.

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from Lockenick:

Joined the club here recently, really enjoying the game! I was looking into some of the in game music and found a site with all the music ripped from the game roms. I was wondering if anyone has heard this “untitled” track 5 and knew if it was actually used in the game?
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/swords-of-fury-williams-pinball-soundtrack

If you like that then you'll love this:

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

If you like that then you'll love this:

You’re right I do love that, pretty bad ass. It would be sweet to have that on a pin sound board.

1 week later
#1437 2 years ago

If anyone needs an intact right ramp i have one from a set i replaced with Freeplay40’s a while ago. I don’t know if this one ever breaks like the main one, but if you need it all i ask is you cover shipping. I don’t need anything for the ramp.

50D50FCE-F599-4B32-80F3-68096FC3D3F6 (resized).jpeg50D50FCE-F599-4B32-80F3-68096FC3D3F6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1438 2 years ago

Anyone have insert decals they wish to sell? Planetary is out of stock.
I dont need all of them so if you have some, let me know and I can see if they are the ones I need

#1439 2 years ago

topkat I have about half of the insert decals from recently getting my reimport restored.

14FFBB4B-2240-4DB5-9DC6-E70EF30DEC19 (resized).jpeg14FFBB4B-2240-4DB5-9DC6-E70EF30DEC19 (resized).jpeg
#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

topkat I have about half of the insert decals from recently getting my reimport restored. [quoted image]

Thanks let me go through and check

1 week later
#1441 2 years ago

Hello there! Realy need Help!

I am ready to start my most intriguing (for me) project - the resurrection of the "swords of fury", top 3 superspeed arcade pinball for me, as bk 2000 and f14
???????????_2022-01-21_135313 (resized).png???????????_2022-01-21_135313 (resized).png

As you can see, I only have an incomplete field, so I bought a "transporter" donor in Poland for playfield swap and parts donorship ( but cabinet + head from "millionare" pinball)
020 (resized).jpg020 (resized).jpg

+ decals + set of system 11 pcbs from this transporter ( but power supply d-12246 swapped to d-8345 )
image (27) (resized).pngimage (27) (resized).png

After that, I ordered all the missing parts on marco and pinbalife and there were only 2 positions left that I could not find - spinner decals and backbox insert panel.

Does anyone know where to buy them or maybe has scans (insert pannel scan too)?

Much love!

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from sandviper:

Hello there! Realy need Help!
I am ready to start my most intriguing (for me) project - the resurrection of the "swords of fury", top 3 superspeed arcade pinball for me, as bk 2000 and f14
[quoted image]
As you can see, I only have an incomplete field, so I bought a "transporter" donor in Poland for playfield swap and parts donorship ( but cabinet + head from "millionare" pinball)
[quoted image]
+ decals + set of system 11 pcbs from this transporter ( but power supply d-12246 swapped to d-8345 )
[quoted image]
After that, I ordered all the missing parts on marco and pinbalife and there were only 2 positions left that I could not find - spinner decals and backbox insert panel.
Does anyone know where to buy them or maybe has scans (insert pannel scan too)?
Much love!

Hey sandviper there is a guy who sells the spinner decals on eBay and says he ships worldwide. Here is the link to the auction: ebay.com link: itm Good luck with the build!

#1443 2 years ago

I'm considering this game, but have never come across it on location to actually play it. For you guys in the owner's club, how good of a game is this compared to other System 11 machines? I love the music. Is this a long-term keeper in a collection?
Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from Auror:

Hey sandviper there is a guy who sells the spinner decals on eBay and says he ships worldwide. Here is the link to the auction: ebay.com link: itm Good luck with the build!

Can't speak to the eBay ones - but can to Zona Arcades (Mikonos') - his decals - he has more than just the SOF spinners - are excellent....he's here on Pinside Mikonos

Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm considering this game, but have never come across it on location to actually play it. For you guys in the owner's club, how good of a game is this compared to other System 11 machines? I love the music. Is this a long-term keeper in a collection?

I was a DMD snob for a long while - although in the past a Whirlwind did come and go....I got back into Sys 11 with my SOF about 1.5yrs ago....and I have to say - I really feel it is an excellent pin - even within the confines of the Sys 11 arena. Aside from the sounds and such - I like the layout and functional shots - all 4 flippers are important to master....the upper playfield is unique - as are the horseshoe shots and ramps...so far, it's a long-term keeper for me - like a lot of Sys 11' s (which aren't necessary deep pins) it's best in a collection of a few pins - but I think you'd enjoy it - and buy now - the prices on this one are climbing!!!

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

For you guys in the owner's club, how good of a game is this compared to other System 11 machines? I love the music. Is this a long-term keeper in a collection?

I can't get enough of this game -- killer music, a unique layout, excellent theme integration. It truly feels like a "dungeon quest" -- you enter the dungeon and immediately battle some monsters (upper PF drop targets), then explore the dungeon with its mysterious tunnels that take unusual paths and exit in unexpected places. You find power ups down one dark tunnel (lock balls) and collect items (avenger targets), enter more rooms with monsters to fight (ramp back to upper pf), you encounter the balrog and have to flee (tiny u-turn with spinners), you can enter another tunnel and whose exit can mysteriously change (lionman ramp), after enough power ups you can battle the horde and free the titan (multiball)...

...seriously if you get a little imaginative, this is a great world under glass and you go on a quest each time you play.

While it doesn't necessarily play as fast as other System 11 games (e.g. BK2K), that's somewhat in the nature of the theme of your sneaking around in the dungeon. Yet it keeps that System 11 charm of just-the-right-amount of rules/objectives. I absolutely love this game, it's unique and different. I was so glad to get it back and it won't be going anywhere anytime soon (if ever).

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I was a DMD snob for a long while - although in the past a Whirlwind did come and go....I got back into Sys 11 with my SOF about 1.5yrs ago....and I have to say - I really feel it is an excellent pin - even within the confines of the Sys 11 arena. Aside from the sounds and such - I like the layout and functional shots - all 4 flippers are important to master....the upper playfield is unique - as are the horseshoe shots and ramps...so far, it's a long-term keeper for me - like a lot of Sys 11' s (which aren't necessary deep pins) it's best in a collection of a few pins - but I think you'd enjoy it - and buy now - the prices on this one are climbing!!!

Funny, but "whirlwind" my N1 pin ever) and top 3 in best storytelling pins). Only recently I realized that only "whitewater" can be more pleasant than "whirlwind"

if our tastes are so similar - please try the "black knight 2000")

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

It’s not the fastest or deepest System 11 game, but its layout and theme and music are just so unique, it just has it. I sold a Rollergames for a Whirlwind, and a Whirlwind for a SoF. One is faster, and the other is more involved and beloved, but I just like SoF better. The upper playfield is more fun than TSPP (and less of a struggle!). The timed shots up the Lionman and Magic Tunnel ramps and trying to build your 500k upper horseshoe loop score before collecting it, give you just enough variety of things to do beyond building your jackpot and getting multi-ball rolling to collect it.

I think it’s right up there with the best System 11 games we all praise (Banzai Run, Radical!, and Mousin’ Around being other smaller run darlings I enjoy more than the most touted big dogs). It’s got a loyal little following for a reason.

I’d sell my Godzilla before my SoF because I know I’d never find one as nice or for as good of a price again.

#1448 2 years ago

I agree with the above comments. For me, I just love the soundtrack even when I screw up and drain too fast, the soundtrack of the grunts and dying makes me smile and push the button to give it another try. I enjoy my led zep, X-men, and jp2 but when I just want to play and have fun - this is my go to pin.

#1449 2 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys. I really don't even understand the rules to Swords of Fury yet. I've watched some YouTube videos. The music is killer and I love upper playfields, so that looks fun. I see there is a turn-around tunnel shot. I'm not quite sure what knocking the drops down does on the upper playfield. I will definitely play this machine if I ever see it on location someplace and have it on my short list of System 11 games to purchase if one comes available.

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I see there is a turn-around tunnel shot. I'm not quite sure what knocking the drops down does on the upper playfield.

The turnaround tunnel (either side of the Lionman ramp) is Ogre's Alley -- you can either Advance its value or Collect its value based on which side you enter and which action is lit. (These are also in the outlanes.) You can Advance it all the way up to 500K!

The drop targets increase your end of ball bonus multiplier, if you knock all 5 down. They take longer to pop back up each time to increase the difficulty. During multiball, the roving lit drop target awards the jackpot!

And just theme-wise in general, on my imaginary dungeon quest I envision having just entered a room full of orcs that I have to fight off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/29?hl=danmarino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.