20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 33.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Anyone ever use a Cliffy inlane protector on the ball lock switch area?

glad you asked this... always wondered myself

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

glad you asked this... always wondered myself

It looks like it would work. I have some wear where the ball drops. Just trying to think of how to protect it from getting worse.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

It looks like it would work. I have some wear where the ball drops. Just trying to think of how to protect it from getting worse.

Worked perfectly....

20201212_181914 (resized).jpg20201212_181914 (resized).jpg20201212_182108 (resized).jpg20201212_182108 (resized).jpg
#1304 3 years ago

Newbie here, wondering about the upper left (middle?) flipper. I can't seem to get it to flip the ball up the middle ramp, maybe gets halfway at best. Is that by design or do I just have a weak flipper?

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from byurick:

Newbie here, wondering about the upper left (middle?) flipper. I can't seem to get it to flip the ball up the middle ramp, maybe gets halfway at best. Is that by design or do I just have a weak flipper?

Possibly a weak flipper - if you haven't rebuilt that flipper in a while - then definitely do that....very rarely an electronic problem, typically mechanical wear/tear is the cause for weak flippers...also check the coil is the correct type as in the manual....

1 week later
#1306 3 years ago

So I have two SoF translites- anyone know which one is original? One has a two toned gray and black background, the other straight black. Also they have different faces in the center!

PXL_20201227_221030565 (resized).jpgPXL_20201227_221030565 (resized).jpgPXL_20201227_221103959 (resized).jpgPXL_20201227_221103959 (resized).jpg
#1307 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get these white spacers that go over the post rubbers? I'm shopping my game out and I think I'm missing 2 of them.

IMG_20201227_180425 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_180425 (resized).jpg
#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

So I have two SoF translites- anyone know which one is original? One has a two toned gray and black background, the other straight black. Also they have different faces in the center!
[quoted image][quoted image]

So I took it upon myself and did some more research using the comments of this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-swords-of-fury-translite-to-backglass

It seems like the 2nd one (black background, pupil-less ogre) is a prototype. Funny, it's not even on ipdb. So there you go everyone, now you know if you have a prototype or not.

1 week later
#1309 3 years ago

So I took it upon myself and did some more research using the comments of this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-swords-of-fury-translite-to-backglass
It seems like the 2nd one (black background, pupil-less ogre) is a prototype. Funny, it's not even on ipdb. So there you go everyone, now you know if you have a prototype or not.

Actually ipdb is wrong, I don't know who to contact about that. It states that the original SoF translite is the "prototype translite" but that is incorrect. My prototype game with prototype ROMs has the Pupil less prototype translite. That should be corrected.

#1310 3 years ago

Actually ipdb is wrong, I don't know who to contact about that. It states that the original SoF translite is the "prototype translite" but that is incorrect. My prototype game with prototype ROMs has the Pupil less prototype translite. That should be corrected.

Is the prototype the one with the jackpot numbers at an angle? What is the pupil less? My game doesn't have red boards, but had proto ROMs. Also have the translite with the angled jackpot numbers.

Brian

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Is the prototype the one with the jackpot numbers at an angle? What is the pupil less? My game doesn't have red boards, but had proto ROMs. Also have the translite with the angled jackpot numbers.
Brian

It's the second picture I posted, the one with white hair and no lips.

#1312 3 years ago

It's the second picture I posted, the one with white hair and no lips.

Thanks! I should have just scrolled back a little. I do have a proto translite. This must have been one of the first off the line. Proto cabinet, ROM's, and translite. Just no X serial number or red boards. Thanks again.

Brian

#1313 3 years ago

My SoF (Swiss Machine) also has the proto translite (no lips, no pupils) and proto stickers on the ROM's

1 week later
#1314 3 years ago

So I took my playfield out to move my game and now some of the solenoids aren't firing...noticed a disconnected connector on the underside of the playfield (the green one on the left in the picture) but I can't for the life of me find the other half- I think both of these are under the playfield, right? Does this go to the cabinet?

PXL_20210115_015540924 (resized).jpgPXL_20210115_015540924 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1315 3 years ago

Seems like all of the SOF's we've looked at - the upper playfield chutes look like the pics below (red circles)....the mounting tab is broken where the ball drops. Most owners don't realize it, until they go and look. It's 2 screws and you remove it from underneath the main playfield....but either way - we've got you covered....we've reproduced the chute with improved strength/durability (see bottom pic)! Hit me up if interested....

Matt
M&M Creations

IMG_10551 (resized).jpgIMG_10551 (resized).jpg141159268_1292985747745286_2333658822823583814_n (resized).jpg141159268_1292985747745286_2333658822823583814_n (resized).jpg8fcbc1b833e99c75e1c6e51a08021f6272f99574 (resized).jpg8fcbc1b833e99c75e1c6e51a08021f6272f99574 (resized).jpg
#1316 3 years ago

Hello,

I got a SOF machine a few months ago and added blue Titan rings (fitting name for this game), blue posts from Rocket Pinball, 'fire bulbs' from Comet, an LED strip near the bottom of the backglass where it was dark, and a red film over the displays. So far I'm very happy with the upgrades. Does anyone know where I could get speaker lights?
SOF1 (resized).jpgSOF1 (resized).jpgSOF2 (resized).jpgSOF2 (resized).jpg

#1317 3 years ago

I have a swords lined up, but it's translight is cracked. Does anyone have one for sale?
Thanks

#1318 3 years ago

Hi, just got myself a nice #SoF. Found out this one was in Japan before coming to Europe.
Does anyone know if the micro-switches at the flipper buttons (lane changers) are just there for the sword sound or do they also play a role in the game (do they actually change a lane or else?).

3735FF3C-B198-4F94-91A6-80D799AC201D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg3735FF3C-B198-4F94-91A6-80D799AC201D_1_105_c (resized).jpegIMG_0552 (resized).jpegIMG_0552 (resized).jpeg

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from astaroth:

Hi, just got myself a nice #SoF. Found out this one was in Japan before coming to Europe.
Does anyone know if the micro-switches at the flipper buttons (lane changers) are just there for the sword sound or do they also play a role in the game (do they actually change a lane or else?).

Enter high score initials.

#1320 3 years ago

LIONMAAAAN!!! Here's an awesome new product I just came up with:

There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns. I'm taking it to the next dimension -- with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

SoF_1_RCP (resized).jpgSoF_1_RCP (resized).jpg SoF_4_RCP (resized).jpgSoF_4_RCP (resized).jpg

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent red which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For Swords of Fury, they feature a golden lion head -- in honor of LIONMAAAAN! -- protruding from the face of the button.

SOF_2_RCP (resized).jpgSOF_2_RCP (resized).jpg SoF_3_RCP (resized).jpgSoF_3_RCP (resized).jpg

Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04796-3d-coin-reject-buttons-swords-of-fury-lionman). (My daughter gets a commission too; this was her idea!)

#1321 3 years ago

I need a right side lane guide (guides the ball to the right flipper). Anyone have one of these by chance? I supposed I could make one out of plastic but would like a metal one if possible. Mine is seriously worn to the point I can't adjust it anymore and the ball doesn't roll nice to the flipper.

#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I need a right side lane guide (guides the ball to the right flipper). Anyone have one of these by chance? I supposed I could make one out of plastic but would like a metal one if possible. Mine is seriously worn to the point I can't adjust it anymore and the ball doesn't roll nice to the flipper.

https://passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

This link should help you on your way my friend!

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

https://passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm
This link should help you on your way my friend!

Awesome! Thank you!

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Awesome! Thank you!

Well...and thank you for buying a chute : ) !!!

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Seems like all of the SOF's we've looked at - the upper playfield chutes look like the pics below (red circles)....the mounting tab is broken where the ball drops. Most owners don't realize it, until they go and look. It's 2 screws and you remove it from underneath the main playfield....but either way - we've got you covered....we've reproduced the chute with improved strength/durability (see bottom pic)! Hit me up if interested....
Matt
M&M Creations[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I highly recommend this Chute. Real nice fit and seems nice and strong vs original. Sure beats the duct tape job the last guy did on the machine!! haha...

IMG_6332 (resized).JPGIMG_6332 (resized).JPG
#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I highly recommend this Chute. Real nice fit and seems nice and strong vs original. Sure beats the duct tape job the last guy did on the machine!! haha...
[quoted image]

Alright!!! Looks good....the reason they haven't been remade is these things were injection molded - wherever those molds are....and can't be made via vacuum forming like other ramps....thus this was the only way...and frankly - better than the originals we think....the geometry was complex - and it took a lot of CAD work - but we did it....

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#1327 3 years ago

Hello,

I don't find in our Williams Swords of Fury listing the statement you are referencing. Please email me at

[email protected]

and make your case and I am happy to check into it.

I am not a regular visitor to this site so I prefer that you say it all in that email and not here.

Thanks,

Jay
IPDB

1 week later
#1328 3 years ago

Hi again, I've managed to restore a SOF in a pretty good working state but need to finish some of the drop target electronics and had a couple of questions:

- Do the drop targets (M-A-G-I-C) all need to be hit to register a completion during every attempt or is the software code somehow "easing" the M and C in the first cicles? Meaning that my M and C don't have to be dropped explicitly but whenever I hit A, G & I it will register a completion (including M & C) whenever these 3 in the middle reset back up. My guess is I will have to replace some diodes and/or resistors on the board to fix this? Anyone else had similar issues?

- When starting a new game and before launching the ball, one presse the flipper buttons, you get three reactions with flashers and sounds (one at each flipper button push then nothing more on subsequent pushes). Is this by design?

Thanks!

#1329 3 years ago

Ok guys.
Who can cut this up and burn a rom?

I’m only kidding...but also not.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Ok guys.
Who can cut this up and burn a rom?

Nice work, you need to put that into your game.

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Nice work, you need to put that into your game.

To be clear, I found this on the internet and had absolutely nothing to do with creating it.

I also have no understanding or equipment needed to extract this, edit it and burn it to a ROM. And that would certainly require some kind of permissions from the content producer at least I think.

But holy crap it would be totally awesome. If this ROM existed I would 100% buy a pinsound just for SOF. It does seem like he produced awesome versions of all the different snippets of sound, the ball locks, multiball, etc.

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

LIONMAAAAN!!! Here's an awesome new product I just came up with:
There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns. I'm taking it to the next dimension -- with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!
[quoted image] [quoted image]
These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent red which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For Swords of Fury, they feature a golden lion head -- in honor of LIONMAAAAN! -- protruding from the face of the button.
[quoted image] [quoted image]
Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04796-3d-coin-reject-buttons-swords-of-fury-lionman). (My daughter gets a commission too; this was her idea!)

Idea is great. Will take one if you produce cast versions.
But man, do I hate 3D printing stuff in pinball unless it's100% hidden...

#1333 3 years ago

Anyone know the size of the set screw underneath the playfield that holds the collar for the upper diverter that pops out on the ramp? It's microscopic so I want to make sure I buy the right size allan wrench as none in my set will fit.

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Idea is great. Will take one if you produce cast versions.

I appreciate the comment. Unfortunately, I don't foresee getting into casting in the near future.

#1335 3 years ago

Hi all
Matt and I have been messing with our Swords of Fury games and decided to color match our drop target decals for the mini playfield. I have 3 extra sets of these for $6 shipped. Let me know if interested.

We noticed that original playfields can have a lighter blue for the middle color but the hardtop blue is darker. Let me know which blue you want.

If there is wider interest we can do more of these.

Thanks
Dan

IMG_1097 (resized).JPGIMG_1097 (resized).JPGimage_6483441 (resized).JPGimage_6483441 (resized).JPG
#1336 3 years ago

I have now installed the new clear ramps and have a decent black lower ramp that I won't use, anyone want it? 5 bucks plus shipping. It has the orange reflective sticker on it and its a little dirty but it's perfectly usable.

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

Hi all
Matt and I have been messing with our Swords of Fury games and decided to color match our drop target decals for the mini playfield. I have 3 extra sets of these for $6 shipped. Let me know if interested.
We noticed that original playfields can have a lighter blue for the middle color but the hardtop blue is darker. Let me know which blue you want.
If there is wider interest we can do more of these.
Thanks
Dan

I’m in , pm sent

#1338 3 years ago

What's everyone's favorite instruction cards - I need to update mine....

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

What's everyone's favorite instruction cards - I need to update mine....

I printed these last week.

IMG_20210227_142938241.jpgIMG_20210227_142938241.jpgIMG_20210227_142943781.jpgIMG_20210227_142943781.jpg
#1340 3 years ago

Hi All
I had a good response to the mini playfield colored drop target decals so I am making more! Still $6 a set which includes shipping. Let me know if you would like a set. See pictures a few posts up.
Dan

#1341 3 years ago

Hi all
I'm making the tunnel ramp decal now also. This one is $5 shipped in the US. I have some other color options also - see pic. Another color might be better if you have one of the repros in clear or a shaded color.

Let me know if interested.

IMG_0015 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0015 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1343 3 years ago

SOF Upper Playfield Flipper C-11927-5 is now available!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sof-upper-playfield-flipper-c-11927-5-no-longer-unobtainium#post-6201562

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

20210324_093258 (resized).jpg20210324_093258 (resized).jpg20210324_093702 (resized).jpg20210324_093702 (resized).jpg
#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

SOF Upper Playfield Flipper C-11927-5 is now available!!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sof-upper-playfield-flipper-c-11927-5-no-longer-unobtainium#post-6201562
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

That's great guys. I just cleaned and painted the previous resto due to the fact this flipper bat wasn't available in black.

#1345 3 years ago

To pile on the flipper post, I wanted to highlight that the replacement flipper is stiffer with thicker ribs that extend the full depth of the flipper. See picture to compare the original and new. The original is so thin you can deform it between your thumb and fingers while the new one is too stiff for that.

We also include the C-clip on the shaft (often missing) that keeps the flipper from dropping down and rubbing the mini playfield if the flipper shaft gets loose at the flipper mech.

IMG_0054 (resized).jpegIMG_0054 (resized).jpeg
#1346 3 years ago

Kudos for making all these parts which are hard to find.

#1347 2 years ago

Lionman! Done with the restoration and my SoF is very playable again.. so I couldn't resist and made a video that I shared on YT.

Gameplay:

Restoration Slideshow:

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

To pile on the flipper post, I wanted to highlight that the replacement flipper is stiffer with thicker ribs that extend the full depth of the flipper. See picture to compare the original and new. The original is so thin you can deform it between your thumb and fingers while the new one is too stiff for that.
We also include the C-clip on the shaft (often missing) that keeps the flipper from dropping down and rubbing the mini playfield if the flipper shaft gets loose at the flipper mech.
[quoted image]

Great idea to actually mimic the famous Williams more slender bat shape compared to the more generic "bally" like for the mini flipper. The thickness of the material should also compensate for this.

#1349 2 years ago

http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=swords

Always great Cards in case someone is not aware of this site.

2 weeks later
#1350 2 years ago

Trying to repin a GI plug J7 on the backbox interconnect board. The manual isn't too clear, or I can't find it in there that clearly states the pin out except the 7-10 pins. I see the Key is pin 4, but there are 2 x orange wires, and I want to verify them.
10 - Brown
09 - green (mine is like an off white?)
08 - white/brown
07 - white/green
06 - ? (orange)
05 - ? (orange)
04 - key
03 -
02 -
01 -

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/27?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.