20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 33.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Why have one, when you can have both!?!
I have enjoyed having a jokerz but I would like it even more if it would let me play sof.
Also, thanks to its_me_aj and vectordreams for the play field and parts.
[quoted image]

Why don’t you build a new cabinet? Just copy the jokerz cab and slowly gather the parts, it’s doable, I built a ttr from just a ttr playfield.

#1252 3 years ago

Who is Mark Kim?

IMG_20200725_153513 (resized).jpgIMG_20200725_153513 (resized).jpg
#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from lint:

Who is Mark Kim?
[quoted image]

You didn't know the titans name was Mark?
RELEASE MARK!!!

#1254 3 years ago

I am a newbie (I have one EM machine) going to look at a Swords of Fury to buy here locally this weekend. Is there any Achilles heel of the machine I should especially examine?

#1255 3 years ago

they pretty much all have a wear spot where the ball drops down from the upper playfield so look there to see how bad or if its already been repaired & check that all of the drop targets on the upper playfield work correctly , look for cracks in ramps if they are original

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from Triguy964:

I am a newbie (I have one EM machine) going to look at a Swords of Fury to buy here locally this weekend. Is there any Achilles heel of the machine I should especially examine?

I have owned maybe 50 machines in my life, now I own Ripleys and picked up Swords for 350 bucks from a person who knew nothing about fixing. GI sockets were burned to a crisp, replaced sockets and pins. Not a hack job and converted LED's where I like them. I really like this game. My ramps were cracked but I have built kayaks so fiberglass and epoxy I am familiar with repairing stuff to a glass finish. The drop targets yes I have taken out several times to adjust. I have one now that drops almost all the way then goes down slowly. Damn! But, it really is a good game. When I am in a pissy mood and he says "Challenge Me!" then it's game on.
One piece of additional advice. There are always problems with this era machine. Like when I bought DE Jurassic Park, I bought it knowing it didn't work. The major problem tuned out to be fuse holders and a wire broken to the Dino. Anyway, It takes time to fix things sometimes, don't hack, fix it right, learn, and don't get frustrated.

2 weeks later
#1257 3 years ago

I have a hard top for sale if anyone is looking to freshen up their game:

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Selling my Swords of Fury Hard Top since I no longer own the game and don't have a need for it. http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/store/p75/Pinball_Playfield_Hardtop.html This i...”
2020-08-11
Madison, WI
300 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 242 times

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Why don’t you build a new cabinet? Just copy the jokerz cab and slowly gather the parts, it’s doable, I built a ttr from just a ttr playfield.

Either way, I still need to know where to drill the hinge. The jokerz hinge is in a different spot than sof.

2 weeks later
#1259 3 years ago

Hey guys,

Took my CPU off of the game to test another Sys 11 last night and noticed something odd: My SOF has the prototype ROMs installed. Don't know why or what the difference is between them and the "official" ROMs - I'll try to look into that this week, but I took the liberty of uploading the ROMs with a friend's ROM burner. The link below has the bin files if you want to try them out yourself:

https://www47.zippyshare.com/v/7muNGm9m/file.html

Enjoy!

1 week later
#1260 3 years ago

Joined last night....LIONMAN!

sof_pickup02 (resized).jpgsof_pickup02 (resized).jpg

#1261 3 years ago

Thinking about getting a repro ramp as i quite like the transparent look.
What is the most prefered one amongst the SoF owners - clear, red or blue?

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Triguy964:

Did you purchase the game?

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Thinking about getting a repro ramp as i quite like the transparent look.
What is the most prefered one amongst the SoF owners - clear, red or blue?

I put the red in mine & like it , but If I could do it over I would go Clear

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I put the red in mine & like it , but If I could do it over I would go Clear

As the maker of these ramps, my first preference is both in clear. There is a plastic to the left of the lower ramp that has 5 or 6 GI bulbs under it. LED's give us so many color options. The light from this GI shines up very nicely through both ramps. I put red LED's under the plastic with game I have here. My second choice for color combinations is a clear upper and a red lower.

#1265 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As the maker of these ramps, my first preference is both in clear. There is a plastic to the left of the lower ramp that has 5 or 6 GI bulbs under it. LED's give us so many color options. The light from this GI shines up very nicely through both ramps. I put red LED's under the plastic with game I have here. My second choice for color combinations is a clear upper and a red lower.

Thanks! Do you have pictures of them installed like the two options you mention?

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Thanks! Do you have pictures of them installed like the two options you mention?

Scroll down this page....lots of pic of the various combinations...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/6

#1267 3 years ago

Thanks a lot, I guess your second choice is my favorite one!
Freeplay40 how to order them?

#1268 3 years ago

I went for a red bottom and transparent upper. Looks nice.

#1269 3 years ago

Mine came with a clear lower and red upper that havent been installed.

#1270 3 years ago

I have a buddy near Indianapolis who is looking to buy a Swords of Fury...if you hear of one, let me know.
Thanks
Jeffrey

#1271 3 years ago

Joined the club today!

20200920_190655 (resized).jpg20200920_190655 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1272 3 years ago

For those interested in make this game look even better - and play even faster...

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Joined last night....LIONMAN!
[quoted image]

Nice seeing a Swords right next to a BK2K-- those two are the first two machines I ever bought (and I still have both).

#1274 3 years ago

I also have my SoF next to my BK2K. It just felt 'right'.

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

For those interested in make this game look even better - and play even faster...

After the hard top is on, how do you keep from dulling the top plastic, eventually it’s going to haze from ball trails right?

#1276 3 years ago

You clean and wax it per usual playfields, but from what other owners of HTs have said - they don't see any hazing as of yet. Feel free to check out the Hardtop thread and ask everyone there for a definite answer.

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I also have my SoF next to my BK2K. It just felt 'right'.

Finrod & TheCapn - You two have an excellent taste!

#1278 3 years ago

Can someone please measure the location of the hinge bolt for me? Thanks.

1 week later
#1279 3 years ago

Hey, maybe this group can help me. I got a SOF recently, and whenever the orange target pops up, the red target drops without the ball hitting it. I the C-clip was loose, so I tightened it, but that didn't work. Can't see anything obvious that might be causing the orange target to drop like that. Any ideas?

#1280 3 years ago

Does any one know where I can get a new/ used black ramp for a swords? I have been looking for one for a year now and I cant find one any where.

#1281 3 years ago

Hi all. Joined the club a few weeks ago and noticed that the spinner wire (beneath the playfield) on both the lower Horseshoe and the right Tunnel occasionally come free from the switch, at which point I need to raise the playfield and reattach them. Does anyone else ever have this issue and might there be a fix? I'm thinking a tiny rubber grommet on the end of that wire (or even electrical tape) to keep it from popping free from the switch?
Thanks

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Does any one know where I can get a new/ used black ramp for a swords? I have been looking for one for a year now and I cant find one any where.

Yes, reach out to Freeplay40. The consensus seems to be the red or clear reproductions look the best.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/6

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from Vandal:

Hey, maybe this group can help me. I got a SOF recently, and whenever the orange target pops up, the red target drops without the ball hitting it. I the C-clip was loose, so I tightened it, but that didn't work. Can't see anything obvious that might be causing the orange target to drop like that. Any ideas?

Repin your power board... i had random issues with my 5 bank for months that turned out to be less than solid 5v to the opto board (and it was at the power board... first repinned the opto board, redid the connector, etc etc... helped, but had been rock solid since the power board repin)

1 week later
#1284 3 years ago

Just joined the club.....first question....is the shooter spring 10-148-2 (like every parts supplier posits) or is is 10-148-1 - which I think I'm seeing in the Williams Blue Catalog....the one I have is definitely a red or -2....but others I've played sure seem like a standard -1 to me...

Lionman!

#1285 3 years ago

Also - what's the thought on replacing the upper playfield bat.....the seem to be no longer available....use the TSPP one? Does it need to modified?

#1286 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/105690

Unobtainium 5-Bank Opto Board for sale. I had an extra - working 100%. Only found in SOF and prototype Rollergames pins.

Thanks!
Matt

#1287 3 years ago

And in the continued field of SOF unobtainium we are going through test fittings for the upper playfield chute #03-8137 ...... but we don't know the interest in the part - any thoughts about this part being remade? Any one need one?

Matt
M&M Creations

20201116_075920 (resized).jpg20201116_075920 (resized).jpg20201116_080002 (resized).jpg20201116_080002 (resized).jpg20201116_080028 (resized).jpg20201116_080028 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1288 3 years ago

We've completed testing and are officially announcing that the SOF upper playfield chute is no longer unobtainium. Part #03-8137 is available for $35 plus shipping (typically $4.75 in the US, more abroad). Just PM me if interested, thank you!

Matt
M&M Creations

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

We've completed testing and are officially announcing that the SOF upper playfield chute is no longer unobtainium. Part #03-8137 is available for $35 plus shipping (typically $4.75 in the US, more abroad). Just PM me if interested, thank you!
Matt
M&M Creations

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sof-chute-03-8137-now-available#post-5992817

We updated the design a bit...new pics up!

Matt & Dan

#1290 3 years ago

Eurk, 3D printed stuff :-s
I really hope you tested it thoroughly with thousand of chutes, cause I have the utmost difficulties believing it will withstand long term abuse.

But kudos for the try!

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Also - what's the thought on replacing the upper playfield bat.....the seem to be no longer available....use the TSPP one? Does it need to modified?

TSPP and WPT were the 2 options (WPT better for the color) but now even those have become very hard to come accross.

For the shooter spring, no idea. It's not in the manual?

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Eurk, 3D printed stuff :-s
I really hope you tested it thoroughly with thousand of chutes, cause I have the utmost difficulties believing it will withstand long term abuse.
But kudos for the try!

Like everything we do....you bet...understand the concerns, we never shy away from discussions. Dan and I are engineers by day...one mechanical, the other electrical - so we understand the need for testing and always have the same concerns anyone else would have. Today's materials and printers are quite remarkable - with plenty of data and testing to show how well things hold up...we both own SOF and both have the chute in our pins - and no problems - further the materials we choose were selected for their flexibility and impact strengths - as opposed to tensile & temperature which is not needed here. Beyond that we were able to improve the mount point that fails most often by use of fillets instead of gussets.....the concern over 3D printing parts be no further looked than even the Multimorphic pins (Lexi Lightspeed, Heist...) - did you know their flipper bats are 3D printed? They take a heck of a lot more abuse than this chute would even remotely see....so rest assured - it won't fail....

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

TSPP and WPT were the 2 options (WPT better for the color) but now even those have become very hard to come accross.
For the shooter spring, no idea. It's not in the manual?

WPT seems to be gone...but the TSPP flippers are available, but both need to be modified to accept a C-clip - this keeps the bat from rubbing along the upper playfield - a critical piece for this flipper that is not on the TSPP or WPT. The WPT is white and the TSPP yellow - so couple things - the bat needs to be painted (as yellow doesn't match too well for SOF) - the length of the shaft needs to shed 2" - not critical - but easy to do....but the groove for the C-clip is the hard part....not easy to cut a groove in that steel - that small and with a bat attached...

The shooter spring in the manual (not called out the game manual - you have to reference the Blue manual) calls for a standard spring, it seems most online parts suppliers believe it to be the red spring (which some may have done as a 'mod' of sorts)....

#1294 3 years ago

Anyone know where to get the wire ball gate for the upper playfield? The assembly P/n is A-12033. The wire is 12-6691. I've checked everywhere I can think of.

Also, I'm looking for somewhere to get updated sound, music, and could ROMs. This game I grabbed today has all proto ROMs. It seems to have missing sounds and music. Not sure what other differences.

Finally... Anyone have a translite? This one is pretty rough. And I'm not a fan of the CPR direct print. It is just way too dark.

Thanks a ton for any help. Looking forward to bringing this one back from the dead.

Brian

#1295 3 years ago

Finally... Anyone have a translite? This one is pretty rough. And I'm not a fan of the CPR direct print. It is just way too dark.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/swords-of-fury/7427/translite-for-swords-of-fury?c=2137

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from Getaway:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/swords-of-fury/7427/translite-for-swords-of-fury?c=2137

Those pinball center translites are terrible, I bought one, the image is messed up with artifacts, they refused to refund unless I shipped it back. There is an image of a translite floating around, it’s a bad Photoshop job. I’m pretty sure it’s the photo that pinball center used to print their translite

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Like everything we do....you bet...understand the concerns, we never shy away from discussions. Dan and I are engineers by day...one mechanical, the other electrical - so we understand the need for testing and always have the same concerns anyone else would have. Today's materials and printers are quite remarkable - with plenty of data and testing to show how well things hold up...we both own SOF and both have the chute in our pins - and no problems - further the materials we choose were selected for their flexibility and impact strengths - as opposed to tensile & temperature which is not needed here. Beyond that we were able to improve the mount point that fails most often by use of fillets instead of gussets.....the concern over 3D printing parts be no further looked than even the Multimorphic pins (Lexi Lightspeed, Heist...) - did you know their flipper bats are 3D printed? They take a heck of a lot more abuse than this chute would even remotely see....so rest assured - it won't fail....
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

Had no idea for the P3 bats. Have never seen one in the wild.
So it might be a preconceived opinion will have to try it one day
For the chute I was lucky enough to find a NOS one when I needed one.

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Getaway:

Avoid pinball.center for anything that is print related, period.

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:Anyone know where to get the wire ball gate for the upper playfield? The assembly P/n is A-12033. The wire is 12-6691. I've checked everywhere I can think of.
Also, I'm looking for somewhere to get updated sound, music, and could ROMs. This game I grabbed today has all proto ROMs. It seems to have missing sounds and music. Not sure what other differences.
Thanks a ton for any help. Looking forward to
Brian

I personnaly stopped looking for wire gates, I now buy brass rods and bend them to shape by looking at pics or along the old one when it is broken and I still have it.
Way more than enough for home use.

#1300 3 years ago

Anyone ever use a Cliffy inlane protector on the ball lock switch area?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/26?hl=misterhare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.