New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 66091)

Swords Of Fury owners Club Fans Also Welcome

By Hellfire

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,279 posts
  • 187 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vandal
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 467 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200920_190655 (resized).jpg
sof_pickup02 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200725_153513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200712_093919771 (resized).jpg
0606201655a (resized).jpg
0603201806 (resized).jpg
0603201818 (resized).jpg
0607201109 (resized).jpg
0607201108 (resized).jpg
20200711_063805 (resized).jpg
SoF decal (resized).jpg
mod1 (resized).jpg
Moving Lit Target Advance Bonus copy (resized).png
20200518_185141_resized (resized).jpg
20200518_185208_resized (resized).jpg
20200518_185208_resized (resized).jpg

There are 1279 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.
#1251 86 days ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Why have one, when you can have both!?!
I have enjoyed having a jokerz but I would like it even more if it would let me play sof.
Also, thanks to its_me_aj and vectordreams for the play field and parts.
[quoted image]

Why don’t you build a new cabinet? Just copy the jokerz cab and slowly gather the parts, it’s doable, I built a ttr from just a ttr playfield.

#1252 85 days ago

Who is Mark Kim?

IMG_20200725_153513 (resized).jpg
#1253 85 days ago
Quoted from lint:

Who is Mark Kim?
[quoted image]

You didn't know the titans name was Mark?
RELEASE MARK!!!

#1254 83 days ago

I am a newbie (I have one EM machine) going to look at a Swords of Fury to buy here locally this weekend. Is there any Achilles heel of the machine I should especially examine?

#1255 83 days ago

they pretty much all have a wear spot where the ball drops down from the upper playfield so look there to see how bad or if its already been repaired & check that all of the drop targets on the upper playfield work correctly , look for cracks in ramps if they are original

#1256 83 days ago
Quoted from Triguy964:

I am a newbie (I have one EM machine) going to look at a Swords of Fury to buy here locally this weekend. Is there any Achilles heel of the machine I should especially examine?

I have owned maybe 50 machines in my life, now I own Ripleys and picked up Swords for 350 bucks from a person who knew nothing about fixing. GI sockets were burned to a crisp, replaced sockets and pins. Not a hack job and converted LED's where I like them. I really like this game. My ramps were cracked but I have built kayaks so fiberglass and epoxy I am familiar with repairing stuff to a glass finish. The drop targets yes I have taken out several times to adjust. I have one now that drops almost all the way then goes down slowly. Damn! But, it really is a good game. When I am in a pissy mood and he says "Challenge Me!" then it's game on.
One piece of additional advice. There are always problems with this era machine. Like when I bought DE Jurassic Park, I bought it knowing it didn't work. The major problem tuned out to be fuse holders and a wire broken to the Dino. Anyway, It takes time to fix things sometimes, don't hack, fix it right, learn, and don't get frustrated.

2 weeks later
#1257 69 days ago

I have a hard top for sale if anyone is looking to freshen up their game:

Archived after 13 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Mod - For Sale
New “Selling my Swords of Fury Hard Top since I no longer own the game and don't have a need for it. http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/store/p75/Pinball_Playfield_Hardtop.html This i...”
2020-08-11
Madison, WI
300 (OBO)

#1258 69 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Why don’t you build a new cabinet? Just copy the jokerz cab and slowly gather the parts, it’s doable, I built a ttr from just a ttr playfield.

Either way, I still need to know where to drill the hinge. The jokerz hinge is in a different spot than sof.

2 weeks later
#1259 54 days ago

Hey guys,

Took my CPU off of the game to test another Sys 11 last night and noticed something odd: My SOF has the prototype ROMs installed. Don't know why or what the difference is between them and the "official" ROMs - I'll try to look into that this week, but I took the liberty of uploading the ROMs with a friend's ROM burner. The link below has the bin files if you want to try them out yourself:

https://www47.zippyshare.com/v/7muNGm9m/file.html

Enjoy!

1 week later
#1260 41 days ago

Joined last night....LIONMAN!

sof_pickup02 (resized).jpg

#1261 36 days ago

Thinking about getting a repro ramp as i quite like the transparent look.
What is the most prefered one amongst the SoF owners - clear, red or blue?

#1262 36 days ago
Quoted from Triguy964:

Did you purchase the game?

#1263 36 days ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Thinking about getting a repro ramp as i quite like the transparent look.
What is the most prefered one amongst the SoF owners - clear, red or blue?

I put the red in mine & like it , but If I could do it over I would go Clear

#1264 36 days ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I put the red in mine & like it , but If I could do it over I would go Clear

As the maker of these ramps, my first preference is both in clear. There is a plastic to the left of the lower ramp that has 5 or 6 GI bulbs under it. LED's give us so many color options. The light from this GI shines up very nicely through both ramps. I put red LED's under the plastic with game I have here. My second choice for color combinations is a clear upper and a red lower.

#1265 36 days ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As the maker of these ramps, my first preference is both in clear. There is a plastic to the left of the lower ramp that has 5 or 6 GI bulbs under it. LED's give us so many color options. The light from this GI shines up very nicely through both ramps. I put red LED's under the plastic with game I have here. My second choice for color combinations is a clear upper and a red lower.

Thanks! Do you have pictures of them installed like the two options you mention?

#1266 35 days ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Thanks! Do you have pictures of them installed like the two options you mention?

Scroll down this page....lots of pic of the various combinations...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/6

#1267 35 days ago

Thanks a lot, I guess your second choice is my favorite one!
freeplay40 how to order them?

#1268 35 days ago

I went for a red bottom and transparent upper. Looks nice.

#1269 34 days ago

Mine came with a clear lower and red upper that havent been installed.

#1270 31 days ago

I have a buddy near Indianapolis who is looking to buy a Swords of Fury...if you hear of one, let me know.
Thanks
Jeffrey

#1271 29 days ago

Joined the club today!

20200920_190655 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1272 18 days ago

For those interested in make this game look even better - and play even faster...

#1273 16 days ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Joined last night....LIONMAN!
[quoted image]

Nice seeing a Swords right next to a BK2K-- those two are the first two machines I ever bought (and I still have both).

#1274 15 days ago

I also have my SoF next to my BK2K. It just felt 'right'.

#1275 15 days ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

For those interested in make this game look even better - and play even faster...

After the hard top is on, how do you keep from dulling the top plastic, eventually it’s going to haze from ball trails right?

#1276 15 days ago

You clean and wax it per usual playfields, but from what other owners of HTs have said - they don't see any hazing as of yet. Feel free to check out the Hardtop thread and ask everyone there for a definite answer.

#1277 15 days ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I also have my SoF next to my BK2K. It just felt 'right'.

finrod & thecapn - You two have an excellent taste!

#1278 13 days ago

Can someone please measure the location of the hinge bolt for me? Thanks.

1 week later
#1279 2 days ago

Hey, maybe this group can help me. I got a SOF recently, and whenever the orange target pops up, the red target drops without the ball hitting it. I the C-clip was loose, so I tightened it, but that didn't work. Can't see anything obvious that might be causing the orange target to drop like that. Any ideas?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
There are 1279 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside