20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 33.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I thought the ball on plunge was supposed to go to the mini playfield. At least it does on the PAPA gameplay video. My divertors work but on plunge the ball travels all the way down the ramp and drops to the playfield. Suggestions? Maybe an old ROM code?

Quick update to my own post... with the drop target board unhooked he diverter works flawlessly. So I guess I have an issue on that board. I’ll get it out of the game this afternoon and look it over.

#1102 5 years ago

I thought the ball on plunge was supposed to go to the mini playfield. At least it does on the PAPA gameplay video. My divertors work but on plunge the ball travels all the way down the ramp and drops to the playfield. Suggestions? Maybe an old ROM code?

Check the switch on the first wire form which leads to the upper Playfield. Once that is activated after plunge, it thinks the ball is past the diverter and disengages it.

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Check the switch on the first wire form which leads to the upper Playfield. Once that is activated after plunge, it thinks the ball is past the diverter and disengages it.

I believe there may be some switch matrix issue stemming from the drop target board. Once I unhooked it the diverter worked perfectly. The drop target all registered a different switch in switch edge before unhooking it. It seems like it was on the red/brown wire but I haven’t had a chance just yet to dig into it further.

#1105 5 years ago

My Swords of Fury machine has "PROTO 1" stickers on the U4 and U19 sound/speech ROMs (see picture). The rest of the ROMs in the machine are "REV 1".

From the Action Pinball site, it looks like I could upgrade my U26 and U27 game ROMs to "L-2", so I think I'll do that. And I'm guessing I should just keep my original U21 and U22 "L-1" ROMs in place.

So, my question: is it worth upgrading the U4 and U19 "PROTO 1" ROMs to the "L-1" ROMs that Action Pinball is selling? Will I notice any difference?

IMG_20190308_171708.jpgIMG_20190308_171708.jpgIMG_20190308_171720.jpgIMG_20190308_171720.jpg
#1106 5 years ago

Unfortunately - they didn't really do a meaningful change log back in the 80s for many of these. Unless it's a big game changer (and it isn't) - it very well could be an update to text in the German version for all we know.

That said - I burned the Jackpot Reset ROMs for mine that are based on L2 and reset the jackpot to a set value each game - that's awesome for all Sys 11s that support it IMO. (have one in my Pinbot as well)

#1107 5 years ago

Received the speaker panel from jakusu and I really like the design! Goes very well with the game without overdoing it.

IMG_8743 (resized).jpgIMG_8743 (resized).jpg
#1108 5 years ago

Hi guys,

Me again.

Having an issue that I can't solve so far.

When I got the game, screen 1 (top left) was dead.
Bought this as a replacement:

http://www.ecflipp.fr/en/afficheurs/3125-display-2-x-16-digits-sys11-pinball.html

Issue I am facing:
When switching the cabinet on, the first 3 digits of each screen are missing. After some time the first one comes back, then the second, then the first and then it's back to normal.
So that clearly means that there's a component that needs to warm up.

I also changed the ribbon cable with a brand new one, so we can rule this out, as well as the screen I guess.

Any idea on what could be the culprit?

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Organising a speaker panel for a pinsider. If anyone wants one shoot me a pm. They will need to be ordered and prepaid in the next 2 days.
[quoted image][quoted image]

OMG, that backbox LED job is absolutely horrifying.

#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Me again.
Having an issue that I can't solve so far.
When I got the game, screen 1 (top left) was dead.
Bought this as a replacement:
http://www.ecflipp.fr/en/afficheurs/3125-display-2-x-16-digits-sys11-pinball.html
Issue I am facing:
When switching the cabinet on, the first 3 digits of each screen are missing. After some time the first one comes back, then the second, then the first and then it's back to normal.
So that clearly means that there's a component that needs to warm up.
I also changed the ribbon cable with a brand new one, so we can rule this out, as well as the screen I guess.
Any idea on what could be the culprit?

Do you have another game you could put your display into to see if that is the problem?

#1111 5 years ago

Nope, but I am 100% sure it’s not the display.

I did this test to confirm it: (yes it’s bad to plug/unplug while power is on but...)
boot up machine, have misIng digits as usual
Remove all connections to display
Display stayed completely disconnected from the machine for 10 mns
Replugged display => all digits were there

So it clearly is on the board side that i have an issue

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Nope, but I am 100% sure it’s not the display.
I did this test to confirm it: (yes it’s bad to plug/unplug while power is on but...)
boot up machine, have misIng digits as usual
Remove all connections to display
Display stayed completely disconnected from the machine for 10 mns
Replugged display => all digits were there
So it clearly is on the board side that i have an issue

Sounds power supply related. Can you test for (+5) and voltage at the power supply right when you power up the game and then test again after it's been on for 10 minutes, checking for a difference? I suspect when it first powers up, you will see a lower supply.

The new display should only need 5VDC to operate and I suspect there is a problem that resolves itself as the game warms up.

Wouldn't hurt to try and locate a 5VDC test point on the new display as well. Not certain there is one but you can probably find a place to check it.

Since you are using a new LED display, the game no longer needs HV for the displays... You can remove that fuse on the power supply if you like. It will run a bit cooler and the power plug supplying voltages will be stressed much less, having less tendency to char and become brittle.

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Sounds power supply related. Can you test for (+5) and voltage at the power supply right when you power up the game and then test again after it's been on for 10 minutes, checking for a difference? I suspect when it first powers up, you will see a lower supply.
The new display should only need 5VDC to operate and I suspect there is a problem that resolves itself as the game warms up.
Wouldn't hurt to try and locate a 5VDC test point on the new display as well. Not certain there is one but you can probably find a place to check it.
Since you are using a new LED display, the game no longer needs HV for the displays... You can remove that fuse on the power supply if you like. It will run a bit cooler and the power plug supplying voltages will be stressed much less, having less tendency to char and become brittle.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback.

I checked and it's at 5.06 all the way, straight from the start.
Power supply was also recapped but no change.

At this point I really am suspecting the resistor networks.

Good point for the HV, removed the fuse

#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

OMG, that backbox LED job is absolutely horrifying.

Thank you, how nice.

The camera in my phone blows all colour out a lot as well.

Here's the original setup for you to reduce your horification......

20180903_173825 (resized).jpg20180903_173825 (resized).jpg

#1115 5 years ago

it looks terrible. Use white LEDs and the art will pop and not look like mush.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it looks terrible. Use white LEDs and the art will pop and not look like mush.

I am pretty happy with mine. Just wish it wasn’t so dark.

BAD193AC-F246-43AD-971B-D01508721B9D.pngBAD193AC-F246-43AD-971B-D01508721B9D.png
#1117 5 years ago

You can use a white LED strip across the bottom to accent the main guy. Comet Matrix lighting is a quick and easy choice if you don't feel like doing anything custom.

#1118 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

You can use a white LED strip across the bottom to accent the main guy. Comet Matrix lighting is a quick and easy choice if you don't feel like doing anything custom.

I have a stack of matrix 10 led strips I use for the trough and the thought you just brought up had never crossed my mind lol. I’m putting one in tonight

#1119 5 years ago

it looks terrible. Use white LEDs and the art will pop and not look like

That's your opinion.
You haven't seen it in real life.
To be so judgemental is where forums get dragged down.

#1120 5 years ago

That’s right. It is your game, put whatever lights you like in it. You are the one that plays it. Who cares what anyone else thinks about it. LEDs take basically no time to change out so I don’t see why people make such a big deal about it

#1121 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy art for the sides of the backbox? I picked my machine up in a trade and didn’t realize right off that the backbox has been completely painted black lol

#1122 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy art for the sides of the backbox? I picked my machine up in a trade and didn’t realize right off that the backbox has been completely painted black lol

https://pinballdecals.eu/shop/swords-of-fury-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Fixed it right up. Thanks for the idea

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1124 5 years ago

Thank you. I’ll have to order a set. I wish I could just find the top but I guess that’s a pipe dream. My lower cab is nice

#1125 5 years ago

I have a top set I made you can have for cost of post only but they are custom. Pm me if you want them.

tapatalk_1553209243951 (resized).jpegtapatalk_1553209243951 (resized).jpeg
#1126 5 years ago

that's true. And the backbox isn't really that critical. It doesn't effect gameplay. But I have to say, your playfield looks well done. WHich is the most important part, since you have to be able to see to play it. which white is the only one that allows that to happen in a darker playing environment. Playfield looks great and I like the added lighting on the upper field which is always needed because it's so dark.

1 week later
#1129 5 years ago

No come on... Made an order at pinball life 2 weeks ago and those weren't there...

And given the shipping fees they are asking, I am not going to make another order soon.

Anyone is going to buy some and would take another set (the 5 pieces one) and ship it to me in a padded enveloppe if I pay for the set and the overseas shipping?

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Trading mine if anyone is interested!

I wish I would have seen this sooner. I would love to find a nice SoF around here.

#1132 5 years ago

Anyone know what spinners to order as replacments? My right most one is missing and the stickers on the two remaining ones are not correct.

Need a link please

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Anyone know what spinners to order as replacments? My right most one is missing and the stickers on the two remaining ones are not correct.
Need a link please

I don’t think anyone produces them new. You might need to post a wanted ad for the spinners. The decals are made by random people to my knowledge, few of them have been correct.

#1134 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don’t think anyone produces them new. You might need to post a wanted ad for the spinners. The decals are made by random people to my knowledge, few of them have been correct.

Thanks. Bummer though

3 weeks later
#1135 4 years ago

I need to touch up the runic lettering on the cabinet. Was thinking of doing it with the airbrush.

Anyone would know where to get the stencils by any chance?

1 week later
#1136 4 years ago

Quick question - are any balls held in the lock at the end of a single player game supposed to be kicked out automatically?

Thanks

#1137 4 years ago

That depends on the settings.
Of the game is not on Hard, then yes, they'll be carried over.

#1138 4 years ago

Thanks, will check settings.

#1139 4 years ago

SDTM Cary Hardy continues his quest to Save Swords of Fury Pinball In Part 2 of the epic saga.

#1140 4 years ago

Tried to watch the first one but really can't stand his way of presenting and speaking.
Guess I'm too old.

#1141 4 years ago

So been in the club for a few months but hadn’t set it up yet. But tonight the MPU will go in and i will finally be able to play this one .

Anyway - i’ll start shopping this out and was wondering what people think would look good in terms of Titans. Red? Black? Anyone have any good recommendations? I think the lighter blue might look sharp too.

#1142 4 years ago

Having some problems with locking the 3rd ball toward Multiball. I hit it up the left side and instead of locking it rolls back down toward flippers. On about the 3rd or 4th try it finally locks and starts Multiball. Is this normal? If not, can someone tell me what the fix is?

Thanks

#1143 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a mini flipper in white for the upper playfield?

I don't care if it has a short shaft. I'll just weld a used shaft from an old flipper out of the spare parts bin. I just need a 2 inch flipper. Every website is out of stock and I really don't like the look of the black one the game came with. Or the yellow that is available.

#1144 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a mini flipper in white for the upper playfield?
I don't care if it has a short shaft. I'll just weld a used shaft from an old flipper out of the spare parts bin. I just need a 2 inch flipper. Every website is out of stock and I really don't like the look of the black one the game came with. Or the yellow that is available.

Action has an aluminum one
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=C-11927-5

#1145 4 years ago

Thanks, but I just really want to do white with blue titan rubbers. The hunt continuesi guess. Or..... I do as a friend suggested and get some plastic spray paint and paint my black one white.

This is my second SOF and 4years ago I was looking for a new white one (Looked back at beginning of thread) and never found one I can't believe nobody is making them.

#1146 4 years ago

Thanks, but I just really want to do white with blue titan rubbers. The hunt continuesi guess. Or..... I do as a friend suggested and get some plastic spray paint and paint my black one white.
This is my second SOF and 4years ago I was looking for a new white one (Looked back at beginning of thread) and never found one I can't believe nobody is making them.

I bought #C-11927-5 from Marco two years ago. I see they are out right now, but maybe reach out and see if they can still get it? If I remember correctly I shortened the shaft a little when I put it in. Good luck.

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeKirchner:

I bought #C-11927-5 from Marco two years ago. I see they are out right now, but maybe reach out and see if they can still get it? If I remember correctly I shortened the shaft a little when I put it in. Good luck.

Thanks. I guess it worth a shot.

#1148 4 years ago

Black rubbers

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Black rubbers

Blue rubbers!

#1150 4 years ago

titans suck. All those non rubber ones blow serious ass when it comes to gameplay. Sure they look great, but sucks to play on. Especially the flippers. Rubber or nothing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/23?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.