20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

This is a rough mock up of the custom decals I'm working on.[quoted image]

While I like you’re enthusiasm, and lord knows the work put in is long, I think you’re losing the spirit of the game with the red and blue. Sof is a dungeon crawling game, it’s meant to hold the essence of Vikings taking on a balrog and it’s minions in a dark cave or dungeon lit by fire and torches.

I kinda also feel like adding a bunch of bright white and colorful leds takes away from the theme as well, alas everyone is entitled to do whatever to their machines. I plan to stay in the dungeon crawling realm

#1052 5 years ago

Totally understand - taste is a personal thing

2 weeks later
#1053 5 years ago

I posted this NOS playfield in the marketplace.
Figured this would be a good place to mention it as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-swords-of-fury-playfield-

#1054 5 years ago

For those with less than average PFs. Hardtop owner posted this a couple days ago...

"Alright folks.... I will start a new round thread as well, but as a result of these polls coupled with emailed requests and comments at shows ... Here is the next round. The only wild card is Eight ball Deluxe. I need to confirm rights/permission first.

NEXT UP:
Eight ball Deluxe (pending)
Pinbot
Swords of Fury
Grand Lizard
Blackout

As we grow with titles we will try to do a better job on social media also. We are guilty of being consumed with commercial print work most of the time, and these marketing/communication steps sometimes fall by the wayside when it comes to our beloved pinball efforts."

On a side note - do not think this is 'coming soon'. They ESTIMATE it to be a year out, but at least you know that in the future there will be another option for a great looking SOF in your futures.

1 week later
#1055 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to buy Swords of Fury, mine is going on the block soon. Someone reached out looking for one, but they apparently do not want one this nice. Mine was previously owned by Nerdygrrl at some point. She did a very nice playfield restoration on the game, after Neo restored the playfield and cleared it. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Here is a link to Nerdygrrl's Pinside ad when she was selling it. Nothing has changed on the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/45044

#1056 5 years ago

Joined the club last night officially after a long road trip to do the pick up. 6hr drive but picking up three made it all worth it!
Nice cabinet but the back box looks like it came from another machine. Pretty hammered. Condition between the two doesn’t match up.
Just unloaded them in the living room at midnight. I’ll set it up in the games room tomorrow and play.

38F5A89E-608D-424A-93B5-8298A6D583BC (resized).jpeg38F5A89E-608D-424A-93B5-8298A6D583BC (resized).jpeg

#1057 5 years ago

I recently switch my ramps with those great freeplay 40 ones. Clear on top and red on the bottom. I wanted to share the vinyl work that I put on them as well as on top of my glare glass amongst other various spotty places. The cool thing about the vinyl is that I used fluorescent colors with UV properties and then mounted an LED black light on top of the head. Man does it pop when lit up but unfortunately the camera wont capture all of that. I also overlaid the magic strips and target and cut a fluorescent green acrylic flipper topper for the mini flipper. The upper pf is so bright now with all that blacklight effect that I took the blubs out of the upper pf because it looks way cooler with just the fluorescents. I also switched all of the GI to comets ice blue and it looks really great. It doesn't wash out the art like a bright primary color would but really compliments everything and adds a cool ambience.

sof (resized).jpgsof (resized).jpg
#1058 5 years ago

Cab finished. Back together soon.
Sound upgrades to enhance the awesome soundtrack. Custom speaker panel done as well. Couple of tweaks still to do on it.
20181115_180401 (resized).jpg20181115_180401 (resized).jpg20181110_103901 (resized).jpg20181110_103901 (resized).jpg20181115_173511 (resized).jpg20181115_173511 (resized).jpg20181115_173608 (resized).jpg20181115_173608 (resized).jpg

#1059 5 years ago

KJS that speaker panel is AWESOME!

#1060 5 years ago

You've gotta sell that speaker panel @jakusu. Looks amazing! I'd love to have one in my machine.

#1061 5 years ago

No problem. If I get 5 people they about 95 posted to USA.
This one is still getting a couple of slight changes. 10mm less diameter speakers to hide led strips and slight windows changes on displays to even up.

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

This one is still getting a couple of slight changes. 10mm less diameter speakers to hide led strips and slight windows changes on displays to even up.

Have you thought about maybe installing a light diffuser over the LED strips instead? herg makes a great set for TNA that make a big difference from the photos I've seen: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/52#post-4397279

#1063 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. They look good on tna.
The new version will hide the LEDs for me.
Also it's on a 44remote so can dim, change etc. But will keep it mind if it doesnt work out.
Here's one I did for T2.

20180715_113057 (resized).jpg20180715_113057 (resized).jpg
#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I’m in for a speaker panel

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m in for a speaker panel

me too

#1066 5 years ago

Ok I will get 5 made. If you want one shoot me a PM and we'll go from there.

#1067 5 years ago

In for a speaker panel as well.

#1068 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
My SOF seems to be missing a part: A11950 Ramp Gate Assembly (I’ve circled the part on a photo from ipdb; missing the gate and the wire). Looked at various vendors (Marcos, pblife, pbrepair) and couldn’t find this part; would anyone be able to point me to any other sources for parts like this, or would anyone possibly have an extra they’d be willing to sell?

C7E5DC3B-72ED-4C5E-BC87-9E32E1FED7A9 (resized).jpegC7E5DC3B-72ED-4C5E-BC87-9E32E1FED7A9 (resized).jpeg
#1069 5 years ago

hey guys - I read back over the 5 bank target troubleshooting (even my own newb question for a few years back) in this thread and had a quick question - Anyone know off hand which connector(s) on the power board to check for cold solder when troubleshooting this stupid bank? I had pulled the mech out, cleaned, and repined the whole board, and things worked great for a few months... but I just went to play today and it's starting to get flakey again. I'm guessing it had to be the opto board - so I want to tackle both the board itself and the power connector.

if not - I can check the schematics - I was just being a bit lazy here at work in a pre-turkey day lull.

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

hey guys - I read back over the 5 bank target troubleshooting (even my own newb question for a few years back) in this thread and had a quick question - Anyone know off hand which connector(s) on the power board to check for cold solder when troubleshooting this stupid bank? I had pulled the mech out, cleaned, and repined the whole board, and things worked great for a few months... but I just went to play today and it's starting to get flakey again. I'm guessing it had to be the opto board - so I want to tackle both the board itself and the power connector.
if not - I can check the schematics - I was just being a bit lazy here at work in a pre-turkey day lull.

I don’t remember exactly which pin on the Power board, but it’s obvious when you pull the board out... as good practice; reflow all of the pins on the back of the power board to ensure you cover everything

1 week later
#1071 5 years ago

Pulled the power board - reflowed the entire top row and added some additional solder... Played without a single blip for 20 minutes and I focused on just the top PF. Thanks for the tip - I could definitely see a few cracked solder joints when I flipped it over and even though I was testing a pretty solid 11.2V at the opto connector, this seems to have done the trick. Thanks Chosen_s and everyone else in the thread.

Now back to some hardcore Lionman-ing.

3 weeks later
#1072 5 years ago

Pulled the power board - reflowed the entire top row and added some additional solder... Played without a single blip for 20 minutes and I focused on just the top PF. Thanks for the tip - I could definitely see a few cracked solder joints when I flipped it over and even though I was testing a pretty solid 11.2V at the opto connector, this seems to have done the trick. Thanks Chosen_s and everyone else in the thread.
Now back to some hardcore Lionman-ing.

You’re welcome, glad it helped

#1073 5 years ago

Just got my SoF Pinball

file-25 (resized).jpegfile-25 (resized).jpeg
#1074 5 years ago

In process of shopping out my SoF and the rubber kit I purchased does not have a proper map for rubber location, nor does the manual. Can someone please send me a link or picture where I can find the rubber locations. Thank you

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from NOBI:

In process of shopping out my SoF and the rubber kit I purchased does not have a proper map for rubber location, nor does the manual. Can someone please send me a link or picture where I can find the rubber locations. Thank you

When you take the originals off - match them up or look for the size imprinted on it. Even dirty and dry rotted, the overall size will be decernable. There is a rubber list in the manual, but oddly no letter on any of the diagrams to match it up.

#1076 5 years ago

When you take the originals off - match them up or look for the size imprinted on it. Even dirty and dry rotted, the overall size will be decernable. There is a rubber list in the manual, but oddly no letter on any of the diagrams to match it up.

Thanks for the reply, I had thrown all the old out expecting the kit would have a map as they usually do but it was pretty easy to figure out there were a few I was questioning, and the kit came with extras.

#1077 5 years ago

If you have any specific questions - I can pop the glass off mine and take a peek. I replaced mine when I got it, but did the trick I mentioned above.

3 weeks later
#1078 5 years ago

I purchased an SOF and have had it for 2 months. A real shooters game for sure. I am having a little trouble with the rule set,
so am looking for info, and I haven't seen it in this thread (though I confess to not having read every reply). How do you owners
know where your Bonus is actually at while playing? I get how the Bonus Multiplier develops, but I can be quite amazed at having
played many minutes, and having 3X or 4X mutilpier, and having only advanced the bonus a few times. Other games I seem to have
advanced the bonus way up in very short order. Can you owners give me a clue?

Thanks,

- Craig

oh and p.s. LIONMAN!

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I also overlaid the magic strips and target and cut a fluorescent green acrylic flipper topper for the mini flipper.

Looks cool! How close a colormatch do you have on the vinyl stones (blue)?

Also, did you install that mid playfield left flipper? which part# exactly did you use as the replacement?

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Here's one I did for T2.[quoted image]

Now that T2 with a chrome coin door would look titties!

#1081 5 years ago

Hello all!
A few days ago I bought my first flipper - #Swords of Fury.
First I replaced the LED bulbs, I repaired one display, changed the rubbers, a few rusty screws and put in a mirror blades.
I would like to change a few plastics (eg Ogres Alley is broken), ramps, speakers (can you recommend something?) and add stickers on drop targets like calico1997 made
LIONMAN!

Flip (resized).jpgFlip (resized).jpg
#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from M54B25:

Hello all!
A few days ago I bought my first flipper - #Swords of Fury.
First I replaced the LED bulbs, I repaired one display, changed the rubbers, a few rusty screws and put in a mirror blades.
I would like to change a few plastics (eg Ogres Alley is broken), ramps, speakers (can you recommend something?) and add stickers on drop targets like calico1997 made
LIONMAN!
[quoted image]

Epic first game! You’re well on your way to a great collection

#1083 5 years ago

I hope this is not the last pin in the collection
I'm going further with mods and I am getting involved in the replacement of the sound system.
I have ordered a Sony XS-GS80L subwoofer so far, but I have a problem with the speakers. I can't get 5 and 6" 8 ohm speakers anywhere. I don't consider speakers from flipperfidelity or pinballpro, because the shipping cost to Europe is horrendously high.
Do you have any examples of speakers that you can buy in Europe? 8 ohms are not popular and hard to find.

1 week later
#1084 5 years ago

Hi all. Organising a speaker panel for a pinsider. If anyone wants one shoot me a pm. They will need to be ordered and prepaid in the next 2 days.

20181111_164253 (resized).jpg20181111_164253 (resized).jpg20190223_030108 (resized).jpg20190223_030108 (resized).jpg
#1085 5 years ago

After months looking for mine, I finally got it!
It was waiting for me in Switzerland, lost in the Berner oberland, in a barn.
After some hours of work it's back and running (managed to negate any corrosion issue, some time later it would have started to damage the board...)

Display 1 is dead, new one's on the way.

Jakusu: I am sending you a PM.

I'll update this month in some time, as I intend to give this machine a full overhaul I'm lucky enough to be able to do paint and to have a friend that can clearcoat it. Playfield's mylar's still there but will be gone, but the usual places do need touch up. Mini playfield is quite worn though, so it'll be either a full decal or a full repaint (tricky).

This has been a filpp I've wanted for a long time, and I really am glad I found one here!

#1086 5 years ago

Quick question:
Anyone knows why Shield is spelled Sheild in the left drain?

#1087 5 years ago

Joined the club! Going to put the “sunlight” bulbs in from comet as I prefer cool white but with the orange and reds, I think it will look better with a warmer hue.

Having a small problem with mine. The drop targets work and everything checks out in the tests, however sometimes randomly they all register as hit and give credit as if I hit them all, sometimes many times in a row. Not sure what to check as the opto’s work fine most of the time.

Also, I believe this was asked but what determines the targets value? Mine randomly goes down sometimes.

46A95B25-BA6B-40FE-A2FC-435CC94B22E6.jpeg46A95B25-BA6B-40FE-A2FC-435CC94B22E6.jpeg749AC3A2-A7D5-449D-A7B6-209AFE69C70B.jpeg749AC3A2-A7D5-449D-A7B6-209AFE69C70B.jpeg7A4668DE-F80D-4C38-BE2C-DE24F468CBA7.jpeg7A4668DE-F80D-4C38-BE2C-DE24F468CBA7.jpeg
#1088 5 years ago

As a SOF owner who's biggest complaint has been the damn drop target bank - Take out your power board and reflow the solder at the top. I found 3 cracked joints and have been rock solid ever since.

#1089 5 years ago

As a SOF owner who's biggest complaint has been the damn drop target bank - Take out your power board and reflow the solder at the top. I found 3 cracked joints and have been rock solid ever since.

The odd thing is that my machine has a brand new drop target board, and I am still getting those problems.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Has a brand new drop target board

It has nothing to do with the drop target board. I thought the same thing when I had issues (mine was targets would drop, but not register) - I cut the original connectors out and rewired everything for Trifuricon crimps... Then reflowed the whole board... Each time improved things a little, but still relatively unplayable. Taking out the power board and reflowing the top connector row made the machine rock solid for months on end now.

#1091 5 years ago

It has nothing to do with the drop target board. I thought the same thing when I had issues (mine was targets would drop, but not register) - I cut the original connectors out and rewired everything for Trifuricon crimps... Then reflowed the whole board... Each time improved things a little, but still relatively unplayable. Taking out the power board and reflowing the top connector row made the machine rock solid for months on end now.

Ah, ok. Looks like I have been looking in the wrong place. Thanks!

#1092 5 years ago

Hey there,

Quick question: I have set up my SoF to Free Play but it does not spit the balls still in the « power » zone when I end a game.
Is this normal or am I missing something?

It was working fine (spitting them between each game) when it was on credits.

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hey there,
Quick question: I have set up my SoF to Free Play but it does not spit the balls still in the « power » zone when I end a game.
Is this normal or am I missing something?
It was working fine (spitting them between each game) when it was on credits.

I always have to cycle mine on/off to get the balls to release from the lock between games I think its normal but following this thread in case anyone else can weigh in

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I always have to cycle mine on/off to get the balls to release from the lock between games I think its normal but following this thread in case anyone else can weigh in

If you would like to have the balls automatically kick out after each game, you need to change the multiball setting to hard in the settings. By default, it will keep the ball locks.

#1095 5 years ago

Got the LEDs in! I HIGHLY recommend Sunlight LEDs from comet.

4DBBF465-6DF3-4BB6-8F23-A1944318CE42.jpeg4DBBF465-6DF3-4BB6-8F23-A1944318CE42.jpeg
#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

If you would like to have the balls automatically kick out after each game, you need to change the multiball setting to hard in the settings. By default, it will keep the ball locks.

Hey Thanks owned all this time & never knew that

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Awesome thanks!
Works just fine now

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Got the LEDs in! I HIGHLY recommend Sunlight LEDs from comet.
[quoted image]

That looks really nice. Did you use the twin SMD bulbs? Single SMD retro?

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from vulture:

That looks really nice. Did you use the twin SMD bulbs? Single SMD retro?

Thanks! Used the twin SMD bulbs for everything. All of the GI is the sunlight hue from comet with the flashers being warm white. All inserts are cool white. Only thing that isn’t sunlight white on the Playfield is the 3 lights on the upper Playfield, and that was just because I ran out of them. Crazy how good Comet’s prices and bulbs are.

#1100 5 years ago

Two questions...

I thought the ball on plunge was supposed to go to the mini playfield. At least it does on the PAPA gameplay video. My divertors work but on plunge the ball travels all the way down the ramp and drops to the playfield. Suggestions? Maybe an old ROM code?

Second question, for some reason both flippers energize the upper playfield flipper and when the right side full stack is engaged it will energize all flippers. For a quick fix I unhooked the second leaf on the right flipper so that the flippers are independent. But now I use the left flipper to energize the mini playfield flipper. I know that isn’t right so I thought I’d look for suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/22?hl=nobi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.