20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 33.
#1001 6 years ago

Got mine moved into the house last night.

IMG_20180319_221408 (resized).jpgIMG_20180319_221408 (resized).jpg

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Got mine moved into the house last night.

Those colors look perfect together. Nice pick up.

#1003 6 years ago

I am in need of the ramp protector that sits on the left side of upper ramp entrance. It’s about 5” long. There were several versions of it, it may have been screwed or riveted to the ramp. Mine is totally missing, got new ramps, looking for replacement.

I pinched some photos for examples.

If anyone has any intel please holler.
#SwordsofFury

8CD8CBDD-44DF-496E-92CA-452FB02E6D73 (resized).jpeg8CD8CBDD-44DF-496E-92CA-452FB02E6D73 (resized).jpeg

CF357934-92DE-480F-871E-D8A59F38CA5F (resized).jpegCF357934-92DE-480F-871E-D8A59F38CA5F (resized).jpeg

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from Leftshoe:

I am in need of the ramp protector that sits on the left side of upper ramp entrance. It’s about 5” long. There were several versions of it, it may have been screwed or riveted to the ramp. Mine is totally missing, got new ramps, looking for replacement.
I pinched some photos for examples.
If anyone has any intel please holler.
#SwordsofFury

I can make you one.

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I can make you one.

Way to go M!

#1006 6 years ago

Just like that!

IMG_1339 (resized).JPGIMG_1339 (resized).JPG

#1007 6 years ago

Yes Mark. You totally rule. I didn’t want to hassle you so soon...ya got those ramps to me so quickly. Thnx so much!

#1008 6 years ago

Freeplay40 it’s gonna be perfect. Thanks again!

6C25FB95-7FCA-4635-B019-2C0580B68B38 (resized).jpeg6C25FB95-7FCA-4635-B019-2C0580B68B38 (resized).jpeg

#1009 6 years ago

Since you did not have an original to compare the positioning with, suggest you place the ramp in the machine to determine where best to drill for it. The end of the protector should be in the area of the two large holes in the flap where your hold down screws go.

1 week later
#1010 6 years ago

Joined the Lionman club!

Thought I would translate the runes. Some things are better left a mystery.

1 month later
#1011 5 years ago

Probably a simple fix but has anyone ever have an issue with just one drop target not coming up properly? It wants to pop back up but then quickly drops down again. Sometimes it takes several tries before it sticks. Really ruins the flow of the upper playfield.

#1012 5 years ago

On the hunt for the elusive SOF again (At least for me). If anyone knows of one PM me.

#1013 5 years ago

Anyone have experience tuning the multiball locks? Sometimes my machine starts a two ball multiball... I assume its just on weaker shots that slip past the saucer lock but still make it to the trough lock. Planning on ripping it apart to diagnose tonight... posting incase anyone has some intel on the issue.

Thanks!

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from OwenKhan:

Anyone have experience tuning the multiball locks? Sometimes my machine starts a two ball multiball... I assume its just on weaker shots that slip past the saucer lock but still make it to the trough lock. Planning on ripping it apart to diagnose tonight... posting incase anyone has some intel on the issue.
Thanks!

That's by design... If it's a slower shot that barely makes it over and doesn't trigger the upper saucer - it's supposed to shoot out a 2 ball. Mine does it. PAPA's does it. etc.

#1015 5 years ago

Interesting... be that the case, has anyone tried messing with the mechs to force only three ball multiball? Making multiball harder to start seems good in this case, scores rolling over and all...

#1016 5 years ago
Quoted from OwenKhan:

Interesting... be that the case, has anyone tried messing with the mechs to force only three ball multiball? Making multiball harder to start seems good in this case, scores rolling over and all...

Only way I could see it working is to have three switches there where they are locked instead of two and remove the saucer.

Then you would also end up throwing off when the second gate kicks the ball over to where they are locked, normally it kicks out the ball that is already there.

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from OwenKhan:

Put lightning flippers on the game and remove the center post rubber. Makes it MUCH harder to roll. Completely changes game strategy.

1 week later
#1018 5 years ago

finally had time to rebuild the flippers on my SoF and it's actually 'playable' now. Before the lower flippers could barely make it to the main ramp, no chance of going up it. now I'm hitting LIONMANN!!! jackpots left and right.

A couple rules questions...

how does the Jackpot increase? I read somewhere that it goes up every time someone puts in a quarter, but I have it on free play. Currently if I manage to hit the multiball Jackpot it goes to the lowest value after. then, seemingly randomly over the next 5-15 games, it moves up 3 spaces. then will not go higher. ONCE it went up 2 more spaces, but I have no idea why.

also, when you go up the ramp while the 3rd light is lit, it gets dropped off in front of the upper large flipper. the display reads 'Ogre zapped' or something like that... What does this shot award? I know first light takes me to upper PF, 2nd takes me to the Lock, but the 3rd I was able to hit 3 times in a row over and over as it delivered it right back to me, and I couldn't tell If that was accomplishing anything, or just a waste of time.

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

also, when you go up the ramp while the 3rd light is lit, it gets dropped off in front of the upper large flipper. the display reads 'Ogre zapped' or something like that... What does this shot award? I know first light takes me to upper PF, 2nd takes me to the Lock, but the 3rd I was able to hit 3 times in a row over and over as it delivered it right back to me, and I couldn't tell If that was accomplishing anything, or just a waste of time.

I think it's advance bonus X? Seem to remember there being a sticker on the ramp there that said that

Quoted from scarybeard:

if I manage to hit the multiball Jackpot it goes to the lowest value after. then, seemingly randomly over the next 5-15 games, it moves up 3 spaces. then will not go higher. ONCE it went up 2 more spaces, but I have no idea why.

I'd recommend you just get a fixed jackpot rom unless you really like building it up. Keeps the game more balanced

#1020 5 years ago

jar155 are those insert LEDs color matched or just really bright or what? They look amazing.

#1021 5 years ago

I’m still looking for a nice translite, anyone wanna share the love?

2 weeks later
#1022 5 years ago

Got Freeplay40’s red ramps in the mail the other day! Game is playing SO GOOD now!!!

37E267BC-D8C9-4B7A-B3D7-C15BDCAE7035 (resized).jpeg37E267BC-D8C9-4B7A-B3D7-C15BDCAE7035 (resized).jpeg407F490F-AD52-4228-9638-86E4644CF144 (resized).jpeg407F490F-AD52-4228-9638-86E4644CF144 (resized).jpeg6665B6F6-9A62-4799-B590-9F23F5F19DB3 (resized).jpeg6665B6F6-9A62-4799-B590-9F23F5F19DB3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1023 5 years ago

I have an issue where my first drop target on the mini-playfield randomly drops when others are hit. Would this be a spring issue? It appears that it is shaken during game play. I have had no end of problem with these drop targets, and this is the final issue.

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from KeeperUSA:

I have an issue where my first drop target on the mini-playfield randomly drops when others are hit. Would this be a spring issue? It appears that it is shaken during game play. I have had no end of problem with these drop targets, and this is the final issue.

Yes or the little ledge that the drop target rests on is worn out.

#1025 5 years ago

Hey Lion-people, I'm having what I assumed was a switch issue, but I haven't been able to make any sense of it working off of that assumption. So I'm looking for fresh ideas.

What I am seeing is the 'magic target value' (50k, 100k, 150k, 200k, 250k) is lowering itself when it shouldn't be. My understanding was it is meant to drop when you drain from the upper play field (and only after actually hitting a drop target). But it is dropping the value after hitting a drop target even when the ball stays on the upper playfield. So on a fresh game it starts at 150k, I plunge to the upper playfield, hit a drop, trap up on the upper playfield, and it lowers to 100K. I can then hit another drop and it will lower again to 50k before the ball drains.

Does anyone understand what actually 'triggers' the game to drop the magic target value??? It seems like there isn't even a switch that 'tells' the game the ball drained off the top of the mini play field. When it drains off the bottom it could register the drain by seeing the left spinner (titan spinner) close once... but maybe it's using a different method (just timing?) because I am sure not understanding how it registers a drain off the top...

I was assuming there was a switch (cant seem to find one though) that tells the game I drained off the back of the upper playfield... and that switch was stuck closed, so the game would always think I was draining and always lower the magic target value once I hit a drop target. But in switch test everything seems fine (no closed switches...)

This woudn't be affected by a menu setting would it?

Appreciative of any hints!

#1026 5 years ago

The drop targets run on opto's right? Can those somehow register a drain off the top of the mini playfield? I couldn't seem to get them to register a drain in the switch test... but I haven't taken them apart enough to understand how they work yet.

#1027 5 years ago

In case anyone here hasn't heard the awesome Stemage cover of the SoF music:

P.S. I owned a SoF for a few months (picked it up and held it for a friend who eventually came to retrieve it) ... loved it, great game!

#1028 5 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

In case anyone here hasn't heard the awesome Stemage cover of the SoF music:
P.S. I owned a SoF for a few months (picked it up and held it for a friend who eventually came to retrieve it) ... loved it, great game!

Nice! I love it

#1029 5 years ago

Having an issue with my Magic Target value dropping every time I hit a drop target (before draining off the upper playfield).

Please take a look at my help thread if you might be able to help.

Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-stuck-switch-not-showing-in-test

#1030 5 years ago

Hi all,
Recently got an SOF and have a question. There have been a few problems with the ball lock mechanism(s) that I believe I've fixed, but in the process I noticed that the rollover switch in the ball lock was shaped unusually. I'm wondering if it isn't deformed / bent out of shape but I don't have any other info to go by. I've attached photos of the area and a detail image. Can anyone here offer some advice on this, possibly post a detail photo of the rollover wire(s) in your machine? Thanks!

rollover1 (resized).JPGrollover1 (resized).JPGrolloverdetail (resized).JPGrolloverdetail (resized).JPG
#1031 5 years ago

I immediately thought “no way, that switch looks weird...”. But no. It’s the same thing I’ve got:

DFCD39C3-2CBA-43DF-84C0-56FDD5E7C055 (resized).jpegDFCD39C3-2CBA-43DF-84C0-56FDD5E7C055 (resized).jpeg
#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Hi all,
Recently got an SOF and have a question. There have been a few problems with the ball lock mechanism(s) that I believe I've fixed, but in the process I noticed that the rollover switch in the ball lock was shaped unusually. I'm wondering if it isn't deformed / bent out of shape but I don't have any other info to go by. I've attached photos of the area and a detail image. Can anyone here offer some advice on this, possibly post a detail photo of the rollover wire(s) in your machine? Thanks!

It’s a double switch. Two balls trigger the switch for multiball.

#1033 5 years ago

Thanks y’all.

1 month later
#1034 5 years ago

I picked up three nos ramps for swords of fury the other day. They have been sitting on a shelf for years. Just posted them up on eBay. If anyone’s interested I will do a discount for pinsiders.

AACF2215-E3B0-4409-A516-018744C5030D (resized).pngAACF2215-E3B0-4409-A516-018744C5030D (resized).png
#1035 5 years ago

how much for 1 ramp?

#1037 5 years ago

that ramp actually holds up pretty decent... its the Other ramp that breaks/ has issues the most

3 weeks later
#1038 5 years ago

Hi Guys. I would like to find a led display in red - are there any still around? Xpin and Pinscore are only doing whites and orange I think...
Any help appreciated. Would rather not use the gels or stickers if possible. Thankyou.

#1039 5 years ago

I used gels on mine and every single person that plays my game comments that the displays look amazing. Been in there for 3+ years.

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi Guys. I would like to find a led display in red - are there any still around? Xpin and Pinscore are only doing whites and orange I think...
Any help appreciated. Would rather not use the gels or stickers if possible. Thankyou.

There are still Rottendog DIS200 boards in red available, I just got one for my Big Guns recently.

#1041 5 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

There are still Rottendog DIS200 boards in red available, I just got one for my Big Guns recently.

I think the blue display looks better in this game than the red.

https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-led-display-dis200-in-four-colors.html

#1042 5 years ago

Any pics with blue installed?

2 weeks later
#1043 5 years ago

Hey guys,

Part number check... I wanted to try the fixed jackpot scoring roms, so I need to order some new ones to burn. Is one of these right? If so which size?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=27256

I can't seem to find any reference to the part number listed:A-5345-559-1 but what I'm guessing is the type of chip (27256) got me to the results on Marco.

#1044 5 years ago

Do you have a copy of the fixed Jackpot ROMs? I had a guy send me the file the script to update files with, but never got around to creating the file yet. If I had the ROMs themselves it would be a pretty quick fix.

Pretty sure they are 27256 chips. I know my Pinbot solar value ROMs use 1 27256 and 1 27128, but with Swords being newer it may just be 2 256 chips. What are the sizes of the ROM files? See the attached pic for more info.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1045 5 years ago

The modified rom (L2) is 32KB, so 27256 sounds correct. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/27256 should work fine, but I'd buy two to be safe.

#1046 5 years ago

If someone can do this as a service, I would buy one.

#1047 5 years ago

I've burned the Pinbot ROMs for people in that owner group - If someone can send me the file I can warm up the burner. PM for detail.

#1048 5 years ago

Thanks to Zacaj - I have the file. I burned one last night and installed it in my machine. Oddly, my jackpot showed at 1,775,000 the first game I played, but then reverted to 1,500,000 and hasn't moved since. I'm guessing it resets the value at the end of a game and not in the beginning similar to how the Pin*Bot fixed Jackpot ROM operates.

Very interesting. Either way - I have it and it works. Thanks again Zacaj!

1 week later
#1049 5 years ago

Help with Rails.

Hi all. Doing a bit of a custom restore on my machine. Can anyone tell me if any other machine uses the same rails at all? My supplier here is unsure of measurements. Also would wpc rails fit as well? Like Funhouse which came out with both types?
Any help appreciated.
Will post my restore as I go along.
Still looking for donor playfields if anyone can help too!

#1050 5 years ago

This is a rough mock up of the custom decals I'm working on.

20181008_191247 (resized).jpg20181008_191247 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/21?hl=rattmuscle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.