20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 33.
#951 6 years ago

For those who like their flipper buttons lit up really well, I just installed the new BriteButtons kit from Pinball Life for System 11 games. These just came out today. They include an easy to install plug & play 12 volt power tap. So there's absolutely no cutting wires or soldering. They just run a wire from the back box to the base cabinet and screw in with a set of included new, clear flipper buttons. I have them shown here on my Swords of Fury with a gold-yellow color. The kit has a wired control that lets you set the buttons to blink or flicker like a candle, if desired. (these also connect to System 9 games like Space Shuttle)
I also installed them on Pinbot.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4801

Photo Nov 15, 9 02 21 PM (resized).pngPhoto Nov 15, 9 02 21 PM (resized).png

Photo Nov 15, 9 02 31 PM (resized).pngPhoto Nov 15, 9 02 31 PM (resized).png

Photo Oct 04, 4 07 17 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 04, 4 07 17 PM (resized).jpg

Photo Oct 04, 4 38 53 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 04, 4 38 53 PM (resized).jpg

#952 6 years ago

Those BriteButtons look good! Now ive just got to decide on a color.

2 weeks later
#953 6 years ago

I just picked up a project SOF. I need a new translite. Anyone know where I can get one . Also the main MPU board is missing and display is shot. Is the rottendog display for $160 the best replacement? What is best option for MPU replacement . Thanks for your help.

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I just picked up a project SOF. I need a new translite. Anyone know where I can get one . Also the main MPU board is missing and display is shot. Is the rottendog display for $160 the best replacement? What is best option for MPU replacement . Thanks for your help.

CPR made a new backglass that is mirrored, similar to what they did with Pinbot.

I've used Xpin with success on replacement displays.

As far as I know, Rottendog is the only replacement board available for the MPU. Otherwise you would need to find a used board and have someone like Chris Hibler repair it.

#955 6 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

CPR made a new backglass that is mirrored, similar to what they did with Pinbot.
I've used Xpin with success on replacement displays.
As far as I know, Rottendog is the only replacement board available for the MPU. Otherwise you would need to find a used board and have someone like Chris Hibler repair it.

+1 to all of this... i also have the xpin displays and the mirrored backglass. it is dark when the game is off, but is a real beauty when the game is on

#956 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

+1 to all of this... i also have the xpin displays and the mirrored backglass. it is dark when the game is off, but is a real beauty when the game is on

I too have the backglass and agree 100%. Once I got my SoF and set it up near Black Knight, the mirrored BK backglass just put the SoF translite to shame (wish granted when the backglass was announced). I definitely prefer the difference in the art, though the only nitpick I could have is the lack of runes on the sword, but I know I'll be the only one to notice :p (at this house at least).

1 week later
#957 6 years ago

Hello all,
I seriously need a set of head decals, or even all the decals, for SOF. I'd buy whatever I needed to. If there are none to be had can anyone perhaps get me a scan that would work to have some made or create a stencil with? Willing to pay for that service as well.
My SOF has had the sides of the head sanded down and painted black. I got nothing there. Help!

TIA if someone can help.

#958 6 years ago

I have a follow up question on the stupid drop targets... I replaced the right connector with a standard molex/trifuricon connection - but am still having issues. I'm guessing it's the other IDC connector - but the wires run through the connector. Anyone with experience on this? I've read that basically you can either put two wires into the connector and kinda go with it - or you put the two wires together with a third and make a 'Y' for each. I'm hoping to do the repair tonight - Which approach worked for the people on this thread?

#959 6 years ago

I've used the "Y" method....works well.

1 month later
#960 6 years ago

My son and I just joined the group! Is there a way of telling if the translite is the original or an aftermarket? Mine just looks so... dull. Also any way to make it suck/ cling back to the glass?

what seems to be consensus on rubber color? Black or white? I normally like white on almost all games but the tone and colors of the playfield scream black.

I also have a 3rd player display out. Need to source one.

And right playfield GI is out and left translite GI is out. Both I believe the purple side. Has a toasty incoming GI connector so hopefully it's just that.

IMG_7026 (resized).JPGIMG_7026 (resized).JPG

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

My son and I just joined the group! Is there a way of telling if the translite is the original or an aftermarket? Mine just looks so... dull. Also any way to make it suck/ cling back to the glass?
what seems to be consensus on rubber color? Black or white? I normally like white on almost all games but the tone and colors of the playfield scream black.
I also have a 3rd player display out. Need to source one.

I'm not sure I've seen a Swords translite that doesn't look dull, but the CPR backglass replacement looks very nice.

When I got my SoF, I had a display out, but discovered broken pins on the back--soldering those brought it back to life. Of course that may not be the same issue with yours.

I went with light blue for rubber color (matches the walls). Titan brand.

Titan1 (resized).jpgTitan1 (resized).jpg

#962 6 years ago

They blue does look good! Yeah I'll dig into the connections tomorrow. Do you run cool or warm leds?

#963 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

They blue does look good! Yeah I'll dig into the connections tomorrow. Do you run cool or warm leds?

A mix of warm white, cool white, ice blue, with a couple red/yellow at the upper right (slings are warm white at the tops and ice blue at the bottoms [comet LEDs]).

#964 6 years ago

Sorted through my GI problem.

IMG_7027 (resized).JPGIMG_7027 (resized).JPG

IMG_7031 (resized).JPGIMG_7031 (resized).JPG

IMG_7034 (resized).JPGIMG_7034 (resized).JPG

IMG_7036 (resized).JPGIMG_7036 (resized).JPG

IMG_7038 (resized).JPGIMG_7038 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#965 6 years ago

anyone have a full scan of the release the titans area? Want to do a small touchup and want to print a mask from the scan/image. Or for that matter a decal I can print out?

#966 6 years ago

As far as the CPR backglass is concerned I added super bright led white flasher bulbs behind the sword and the monsters hair. Looks awesome

#967 6 years ago

I'm looking to join the club.

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm looking to join the club.

I'm a modern rule set type when it comes to pins as seen in my collection. However at shows every once in awhile I'll see an older machine that grabs my attention and I'm tempted to buy. I have never seen or played sof in person but i found it on pinball arcade the other day and it wowed me. The shots just felt so satisfying. Am I missing something or am I going to love this machine? Also at what price should i try and jump aboard in the should of played it first chance I don't like it? Talk to me fan club.

#969 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm a modern rule set type when it comes to pins as seen in my collection.

I think this could be the main criticism of the game. The rules aren't particularly deep, but it isn't a one shot game. The shots are satisfying when you knock down all the targets or hurry up and make the lionman shot. My love for this machine is mostly in how fantastically absurd and wonderful the theme is. The sounds and art compliment each other so well and it just oozes of 80's fantasy. I think that's the biggest reason why people love this game. Just hearing the game shout, "LIONMAN" and "CHALLENGE ME" puts a huge smile on my face and everyone elses.

I would totally recommend trying to play this game in person before dropping 2k or so on it. I could see some players getting bored with this game rather quickly, but I enjoy the hell out of it for its overall theme. I'll never get rid of mine.

#970 6 years ago

It's a rarer one to find which help keep it in a collection. it's not like an Addams or WCS 94 or something that, while an excellent pin, is likely in half the locations, barcades, and collections you play at. I think they made something like 3,500 of them and supposedly a lot of them were tagged for Euro export so it isn't one you see often. I just bought mine about six months ago and it's a keeper. No the rules aren't extremely deep - but there are plenty of things to shoot for. The playfield is busy enough that three ball Multi is a challenge to trap and control with (even with zero pops). Swords is just a really neat game and the last of Steve Kirk's strange design influence.

#971 6 years ago

Mine is getting delivered tomorrow! So new member here.

any infamous features on this machine I should be aware of and address day 1? My other pins are Ghostbusters and a Williams Space station. On GB I tell everyone to install air ball protectors day 1. Space station has an infamously problematic lane diverter every new owner seems to have to fix. What should I be looking out for on a SoF? Seller says everything works on it, but you never know.

super excited for this machine. When I go to arcade expo in banning, it was one of my favorite machines to keep coming back to. since then I've gotten it on the Pinball Arcade to learn the rules. I agree with the above that the rules are not my favorite, but this theme and shot design is just so good!

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Mine is getting delivered tomorrow! So new member here.
any infamous features on this machine I should be aware of and address day 1? My other pins are Ghostbusters and a Williams Space station. On GB I tell everyone to install air ball protectors day 1. Space station has an infamously problematic lane diverter every new owner seems to have to fix. What should I be looking out for on a SoF? Seller says everything works on it, but you never know.
super excited for this machine. When I go to arcade expo in banning, it was one of my favorite machines to keep coming back to. since then I've gotten it on the Pinball Arcade to learn the rules. I agree with the above that the rules are not my favorite, but this theme and shot design is just so good!

Make sure all drops are smooth and operate nicely. Same with two diverter systems. Add a piece of Mylar where the ball drops from mini playfield and be sure to wax prior to application. Also make sure the spinners are smooth because hitting that close left horseshoe is a blast!

#973 6 years ago

Just noticed this today on my sof. The upper playfield has a #1251 under the large insert which is the 28v flasher bulb. It works but is not nearly as bright as the regular #89's thoughout the playfield. So is that upper playfield flasher supposed to get your attention in brightness?

#974 6 years ago

Got my SoF in last week and spent a few days getting to know it. REALLY enjoying it, and looking for what work I need to do on it.

In general seems to be in pretty good functional shape. Most my work is going to be visual repair. That cabinet is real toasty... going to have to go over the whole right and front sides with filler and re-hand paint it. needs some inserts leveled and touch ups on the playfield but in general not a nightmare. I just ordered all new LEDs for it because a bunch of the GI is 'cool' white and all the inserts have bulbs under them. I put warm white GI in my space station and it looks fantastic. Keeps the machines looking their age but bright enough to see.

Anyone know where I can find new insert decals? almost all of mine are worn off.

Should there be a 'wedge' rubber on the center of the left horseshoe orbit? seems like If I replaced it with a post it would make that shot easier. (also had to order new spinners)

also, whats the standard function for the ball lock mechanism? I'm sure I'll figure out whats going on under there once I open it up and start replacing lighting, but right now here's the behavior I'm seeing: Sometimes the ball goes under the mini play field, then rolls right down into lock position/ Other times the ball seems to fall into a saucer or something back there, and I hear it fire, THEN the ball comes down into lock position. Is the 3rd ball supposed to wait in a saucer up there? When multiball begins, the machine sometimes takes several tries to get all the balls out of the Lock.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#975 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Anyone know where I can find new insert decals? almost all of mine are worn off.

ebay.com link: SWORDS OF FURY Pinball Machine Insert Decals LICENSED

#976 6 years ago

Nice game Bro....... but LIONDAMN!! that's got to be the most thrashed cabinet I have ever seen for SOF

#977 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Nice game Bro....... but LIONDAMN!! that's got to be the most thrashed cabinet I have ever seen for SOF

Adds...character

#978 6 years ago

Anyone have the patch that fixes the jackpot value?

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Bump - I have and burned the Pinbot fix for solar value and it balances the game nicely. I would be awesome if someone made that type of fix for the rest of these system 11s with the incremental JP.

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Bump - I have and burned the Pinbot fix for solar value and it balances the game nicely. I would be awesome if someone made that type of fix for the rest of these system 11s with the incremental JP.

Apparently it already exists, I've seen people mention it, but the one person who said they had it doesn't have anymore. We've got a SoF at our local barcade and it's fun to play but it sucks watching player 1 collect a 4 mil jackpot every game and then I have to get 8 jackpots to compare

#981 6 years ago

Was it the guy from Finland also on Pinside? I just sent him a message since I have a ROM burner and could fire these up pretty easily. If not, I may try to do a little searching around. Pinbot became a much more balanced game where, especially when set to extra painful settings (open outlanes, max incline, etc) you could make a case for ramps or planets instead of just visor/multi/jackpot.

#982 6 years ago

I’ve been cleaning up my machine and slowly changing out all the bulbs for LEDs. I put some LED flashers underneath the Balog insert and other flasher areas and am really loving the effect! Like there’s lightning under the playfield.

I have a couple questions,
1: the right side of my back box is not lit. I remember I had the same problem with my Space Station, but I don’t remember how I fixed it. Pretty sure it was a connector on the aux power board... anyone want to give me a clue so I don’t have to follow wires for an hour?

2: the mini playfield flipper has worn away part of the rubber ring... is that normal? Or do I need to re-adjust something?

6C4668FC-D419-4D31-BB27-7E1792609E20 (resized).jpeg6C4668FC-D419-4D31-BB27-7E1792609E20 (resized).jpeg

#983 6 years ago

Spent the weekend getting the back box to light up properly, and finish replacing all the rest of the lighting with LEDs. Went warm White on the whole cabinet, mix of warm cool in backbox, and super bright cool white LED flashers throughout. Love the way it looks!

I put a super bright green behind the Ogres Alley loop. I figured it’s appropriate given the insert colors, and it has a ‘goblin cave’. Feel to it now. Also but some directional orange LEDs on the ramp diverter areas. Don’t think I’m sold on those yet. I’ll experiment more.

651F4C3B-5826-437B-B97F-9D2A001DD76C (resized).jpeg651F4C3B-5826-437B-B97F-9D2A001DD76C (resized).jpeg

95EF8D6A-66DD-49E8-AE6B-6C75267A6B86 (resized).jpeg95EF8D6A-66DD-49E8-AE6B-6C75267A6B86 (resized).jpeg

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Spent the weekend getting the back box to light up properly, and finish replacing all the rest of the lighting with LEDs. Went warm White on the whole cabinet, mix of warm cool in backbox, and super bright cool white LED flashers throughout. Love the way it looks!
I put a super bright green behind the Ogres Alley loop. I figured it’s appropriate given the insert colors, and it has a ‘goblin cave’. Feel to it now. Also but some directional orange LEDs on the ramp diverter areas. Don’t think I’m sold on those yet. I’ll experiment more.

I originally had comets "fire" bulb behind that ramp thinking it would be awesome if the cave had that fire look but a single one didn't throw off enough light. Green looks cool. I am a fan of the oranges too.

You don't get flasher triggering when hitting flipper buttons? My SOF did which is why I left most flashers incandescent and warm white GI for sure.

#985 6 years ago

I bought a Swords of Fury from a fellow Pinsider and I'll be having it shipped in.

This has probably been answered, but how do the playfield protectors work out for this game? Do they cause a lot of ball hangups, or are they pretty solid? The playfield on mine looks good, but the insert is worn at the kickout exit and I want to put an insert decal over it. Since the rest of the playfield looks nice, I don't really need to go full resto on this, so I was hoping an insert decal and maybe the playfield protector would have this thing looking and playing nice.

Also, if anybody has that L2 patched ROM to fix the jackpot value...hit me up!

#986 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I bought a Swords of Fury from a fellow Pinsider and I'll be having it shipped in.
This has probably been answered, but how do the playfield protectors work out for this game? Do they cause a lot of ball hangups, or are they pretty solid? The playfield on mine looks good, but the insert is worn at the kickout exit and I want to put an insert decal over it. Since the rest of the playfield looks nice, I don't really need to go full resto on this, so I was hoping an insert decal and maybe the playfield protector would have this thing looking and playing nice.
Also, if anybody has that L2 patched ROM to fix the jackpot value...hit me up!

The game still probably has it 80% coverage full mylar on it still.

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

The game still probably has it 80% coverage full mylar on it still.

Good point. I don't really want to remove the mylar and deal with that. Unless it's peeling, no need. Maybe I'll just spot cover the insert I put the decal over.

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Update: I've been given patch that should fix the jackpot, will try it out soon

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Update: I've been given patch that should fix the jackpot, will try it out soon

Do you have a rom burner? I would be interest in a rom but don't have a burner.

#990 6 years ago

I have the patch as well, but am in the middle of a move. my PC is packed and I won't be in my new place till the end of April, so it would be awhile. I have a rom burner too and can help folks out then if nobody else is able in the meantime.

#991 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

I have the patch as well, but am in the middle of a move. my PC is packed and I won't be in my new place till the end of April, so it would be awhile. I have a rom burner too and can help folks out then if nobody else is able in the meantime.

I have a burner and don't mind burning some (assuming this patch works fine...) but I'm out of 27256s right now

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I haven't been in the SOF Club for a few years , I have had 2 in the past, but I was going through some old pictures and found my first *project* one

It was rescued from a shut down ice rink. It was in terrible shape. As well as the cabinet horror show, almost every board seemed to have suffered some frightening hacks or major fires ! When I got it some lights came on and that was it. I was gonna try and save it but in the end it was reluctantly parted out - actually most of the playfield stuff was in good shape so it helped out quite a few people.

I ended up with a lovely one about a year later. Such a cool game, though I tired of the easy multiball start eventually.

Enjoy the pics....not for the faint hearted though ....

SoF 014 (resized).jpgSoF 014 (resized).jpg

cab3 (resized).jpgcab3 (resized).jpg

SoF 032 (resized).jpgSoF 032 (resized).jpg

SoF 033 (resized).jpgSoF 033 (resized).jpg

SoF 034 (resized).jpgSoF 034 (resized).jpg

SoF 022 (resized).jpgSoF 022 (resized).jpg

SoF 009 (resized).jpgSoF 009 (resized).jpg

SoF 016 (resized).jpgSoF 016 (resized).jpg

SoF 011 (resized).jpgSoF 011 (resized).jpg

#993 6 years ago

Swords of Fiery. That's one pinball horror pic, indeed.

#995 6 years ago

wow.... did they play it outside? .... in the rain?

#996 6 years ago

pictures like the above want me to find "completely" trashed play fields to make wall art out of. Would love a couple beater play fields to just hang up in the pinball area. couldn't justify hoarding anything remotely nice on the wall though.

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

pictures like the above want me to find "completely" trashed play fields to make wall art out of. Would love a couple beater play fields to just hang up in the pinball area. couldn't justify hoarding anything remotely nice on the wall though.

I still have the playfield from that one

#998 6 years ago

I am in the hunt for a SoF and have been for a while. I have passed on a couple that I have come across because I am waiting for one that is in exceptional condition for its age. If any of you are looking to move on from yours, and want a no hassle deal paying top dollar for it, please send me a pm.

1 week later
#999 6 years ago

I’m in. Aquired a Swords recently. It’s in pretty nice shape. New Display, still Mylar’d, usual worn inserts, some playfield wear, cabinet looks great.

Got new ramps and backglass going in, changing lighting, adding L2 Rom w/ jackpot fix. Prob replace sound rom too. I’ll post pics.

#1000 6 years ago

Post 1,000 - LIONMAN!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/20?hl=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.