20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 33.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cybpb56tpe9lejz/0-zYI_3MQR
Above is a link to pictures of mine. Nice shiny game but not a long term keeper for me.

Thinking about selling?

2 weeks later
#52 10 years ago

What are you guys using for instruction and info cards?

1 week later
#53 10 years ago

Well I ended up making my own...

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
#54 10 years ago

Im hoping one of these days Ill find a nice set of black score cards for SOF i personaly dont like the blue ones.

1 week later
#55 10 years ago

I agree, I will get around to making some black ones by the end of the year if nobody else beats me to it.

#56 10 years ago

This game looks really cool. I hope I can play one some day if not own one.

#57 10 years ago

I've got one of you want to try it out sometime. I'm probably no more than 15 minutes away. Game works great!

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I've got one of you want to try it out sometime. I'm probably no more than 15 minutes away. Game works great!

I may have to take you up on this offer. Weird we both have a T2 and a BG....

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I may have to take you up on this offer. Weird we both have a T2 and a BG....

I was thinking the same thing lol

#60 10 years ago

There isn't a site you can buy individual plastics is there? I am missing the plastic that goes on top of the ramp in the back right corner area, and the tip of the plastic just to the left of the tunnel entrance is broken off. All I see is full sets for sale.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

There isn't a site you can buy individual plastics is there? I am missing the plastic that goes on top of the ramp in the back right corner area, and the tip of the plastic just to the left of the tunnel entrance is broken off. All I see is full sets for sale.

I have extra used plastics laying around. I am sure I can help you out.

#62 10 years ago

Wow, I just realized the 3 of us are all within like 15 miles of each other.

#63 10 years ago

Lets party! LOL.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I have extra used plastics laying around. I am sure I can help you out.

Where were you when I was asking for that plastic? D: Oh well, I am working with arakissun who is parting out a SOF in Bulgaria. If anyone wants parts from him maybe we can share the international shipping ride.

#65 10 years ago

Awe man, sorry. I just happen to stumble across these last couple of SOF parts wanted posts. I have 2 used plastic sets, so I can help you with that plastic too if you want it. What else do you need? I have a bunch of extra used parts, not everything, but quite a bit. Just let me know.

Also, your head lock was mailed out today!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Awe man, sorry. I just happen to stumble across these last couple of SOF parts wanted posts. I have 2 used plastic sets, so I can help you with that plastic too if you want it. What else do you need? I have a bunch of extra used parts, not everything, but quite a bit. Just let me know.
Also, your head lock was mailed out today!

Do you have this one, not broken at the thin bit?

166660.jpg166660.jpg
#67 10 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Do you have this one, not broken at the thin bit?

166660.jpg 28 KB

I have 2 of these, but unfortunately both are cracked. One is cracked at the thin part at the bottom, and the other is cracked by the nose of the beast.

#68 10 years ago

I think that one is the easiest one to crack. I wonder if a set of protectors (basically a piece of plexi cut in that shape and installed underneat the original) would be a decent idea.

#69 10 years ago

I need a Left Slingshot Plastic, the only damaged plastic on my entire machine!

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

I need a Left Slingshot Plastic, the only damaged plastic on my entire machine!

I can help you with that. Just shoot me a message about it.

#71 10 years ago

Already sent off the email to them about it, but this has been depressing for me all day. Had to vent a little about it. Ironically, a sheet of back glass was in the same box and it was fine. I was more worried about it in shipping.20140115_140019.jpg20140115_140019.jpg

#72 10 years ago

I gave up and ordered the set. I only needed that one plastic that always breaks, does anybody want anything else out of it?

#73 10 years ago

I just bought a SoF and love it.But I am so bummed out... I had an order placed with Marco specifically because they said they had the SoF Decal set in stock, so I placed a large order for other parts as well, all excited to finally finish up my SoF.. then the bubble bursts and they don't have the decal set. Can anyone help me here.. I looked on Kijiji and Ebay and nothing has come up

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I just bought a SoF and love it.But I am so bummed out... I had an order placed with Marco specifically because they said they had the SoF Decal set in stock, so I placed a large order for other parts as well, all excited to finally finish up my SoF.. then the bubble bursts and they don't have the decal set. Can anyone help me here.. I looked on Kijiji and Ebay and nothing has come up

For the inserts? I ordered a set and scanned it. PM me if you want the file.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I have a set that only 1 decal was used from. If this will help you, shoot me a message and we can work something out. image.jpgimage.jpg

#76 10 years ago

Grr! What is it with machines from this era using rivets instead of fasteners? It's drilling time...image-818.jpgimage-818.jpg

Does anybody want the old one? It's not too bad with the crystal clear tape on it.image-691.jpgimage-691.jpg

#77 10 years ago

New washers are installed to protect the weak spot.
image-231.jpgimage-231.jpgimage-435.jpgimage-435.jpg
Anybody figured out a clever way to support the ramp, so the plastic isn't load bearing?image-371.jpgimage-371.jpg

#78 10 years ago

I'd suggest using a slightly larger fender washer. The washer needs to stick out farther then the plastic in order to be effective.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Just joined the club myself two weekends ago with a trade to get SOF. I was a little hesitant at first since I had never played this game before, but the more I play it the more I like it! Spent time over the two weeks since I got it cleaning up some things, adding new flippers and adding LEDs. I am left with 2 issues that maybe someone here can help with, both have to do with the drop targets on the mini playfield. The orange "I" drop target is down and will not come back up. It was working when I got the game, but after a week or so it quit. After taking the whole drop target bank, solenoids, and opto board out to clean the targets up, the orange target worked for a couple games, then quit again. Sound like a bad connection somewhere? Also, a few targets sometimes only drop halfway before popping back up. I took the drops off and cleaned up the slots on them, but I still have the issue. Any help/ideas would be great! I am THIS close to having this done and running 100%! Here is a picture of it currently.....

sof-89.JPG 300 KB

Please take off your translite and take a pic! Thank you!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Please take off your translite and take a pic! Thank you!

Ok since you asked, here you go!

First with the translite on....
photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

Translite off, camera kept going blurry trying to take this and the next one!
photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Another shot.
photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Here is what I used, all LEDs are Ablaze 3 LEDs from Pinball Life:

25- Red
9- Orange
4- Cool White
1- Yellow (The middle bulb of the 3 yellow lights in a vertical row on the left side)
7- Standard 44/47 bulbs (All the yellow bulbs besides the middle one I mentioned above)

I left a few sockets empty.

1 month later
#81 10 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

What are you guys using for instruction and info cards?

Made these today...
right-insert.jpgright-insert.jpg
left-insert.jpgleft-insert.jpg

#82 10 years ago

Finally joined the club, picked up a nice example today along with a whirlwind!

IMG_0009.jpgIMG_0009.jpg

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Made these today...

left-insert.jpg 387 KB

right-insert.jpg 368 KB

How hard would it be to make Black background ones with grey symbols like the cabinet art? I'd like to black em out! p.s. Sys11 4 Life.

#84 10 years ago

Hoping to join this club in the near future. I played it at a guys house when I went to pick up another pin and loved it.

#85 10 years ago

Finally joined the club, picked up a nice example today along with a Whirlwind!

That's a nice little set you've got there.

#86 10 years ago

A lot of the posts on my SoF have been snapped off. Ive replaced all of them but this one. Is this the correct replacement?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4036-2

1-907.jpg1-907.jpg
#87 10 years ago

So I have a dead flipper on my new SOF and need some help.
Wrong coil (way strong coil) was in there, not sure if it was thrown in because that's what someone had on hand or if on purpose to make the ramp shot easier. Put a new (weaker) coil in just now, but moving very sluggish.
Hoping someone can take a pic of this area so I can confirm wiring is correct, this is what I had...

Upper middle flipper
IMG_0022.jpgIMG_0022.jpg

Put an 11722 in wired like above and very weak, sluggish

#88 10 years ago

So I have a dead flipper on my new SOF and need some help.

Nevermind, was a bad EOS switch

#89 10 years ago

Finally joined the club, picked up a nice example today along with a Whirlwind!

IMG_0009.jpg 350 KB

Hah, I have those three System 11s right next to each other too!

Just got Swords the other day. A great game that more people really need to play.

4 weeks later
#90 10 years ago

Its a long shot I know, But does anyone have an upper ramp for this game? Either NOS or mostly undamaged?

#91 10 years ago

Swords of FUN!!!!! A lot of you probly didn't know there was a orchastrion switch built in on the soundboard. Check out this video from TNT Amusements that shows it. Also Brian Schmidt, the master of music, comments on this video too.

1 week later
#92 9 years ago

Can someone help me price these parts? I have some SoF parts I'd like to sell, but I have virtually no idea what the going rates for parts are. Trouble is, some things show up so infrequently, it's hard to use ebay or past posts as a guide. Please tell me if these are reasonable prices? I don't want to gouge anyone!

System 11B MPU/Driver board. Includes SoF roms. Game was working fine when pulled (played a few games) though I haven't gone over it with a DMM to ensure perfection, so pulled working: $250+shipping?

System 11B (SoF) upper alpha displays and lower numeric displays BUT bottom right not working. Unclear why (did absolutely no troubleshooting). Includes board. $175+shipping?

System 11B (SoF) sound board. Pulled rocking some awesome beats and sounds incl SoF sound ROMs. $125+shipping?

Honestly, if I'm way off base, please tell me! Thanks!

#93 9 years ago

MPU price is about right

Display is around $100 too high (new LED ones can be had for $150-$200)

Sound board is around $50-$75 too high.

#94 9 years ago

Thanks! I'll adjust the prices and post a new thread (and I wish I could find LEDs at that price or pull one of the displays to use as a numeric for my HS. My HS needs some love).

#95 9 years ago

LED displays for SOF

http://xpinpinball.com/products/displays/XP-WMS11610

$200 for orange, more for red, green or blue.
After you buy that, pull the glass you need for High Speed ($55 value), then sell the rest of the board with 2 working displays for another $50-$60.

So to me that would really only cost you $90 for a new display.

#96 9 years ago

I am now a proud owner of this amazing machine. I am in love with the sound! its mesmerizing and really takes me back to the days of 80's fantasy. It may be the best audio Ive ever heard on a pin. I enjoy the strategy quite a bit too. I cant ever see getting rid of this baby, its going right next to High speed.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from IntralotTech:

Swords of FUN!!!!! A lot of you probly didn't know there was a orchastrion switch built in on the soundboard. Check out this video from TNT Amusements that shows it. Also Brian Schmidt, the master of music, comments on this video too.
» YouTube video

A pin owner who doesn't know the name of the machine... matches my perception of the type of customer who would buy a pin from a dealer like TNT.

1 week later
#98 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

A pin owner who doesn't know the name of the machine... matches my perception of the type of customer who would buy a pin from a dealer like TNT.

If you watch the video, it is a joke from what an old lady was calling it.

#99 9 years ago

Ok this is bugging me, so is it mr Balrog who beckons you to "CHALLENGE MEH!!!" ?
And then proceeds to scream out "LIONMAN"
So is it Balrog speaking in the third person saying "LIONMAN, DEFEAT THE BALROG!" ?

Seems a bit odd speaking in the third asking someone to defeat themselves...

And then you've got the giant warrior dude being raised out of the center of the playfield, he must be the Titan the Balrog ordered to be released upon himself, because it's really all in Balrogs head, he's challenging himself in eternal battle in his mind castle. Right?

4 weeks later
#100 9 years ago

wwwhhhhoooooaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's deep

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.