20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 33.
#851 6 years ago

Lionman!

IMG_20170425_0941087 (resized).jpgIMG_20170425_0941087 (resized).jpg

#852 6 years ago

So I picked up a Swords of Fury about a month ago. One of my all time favorites!

I'm having an issue with the ball locks though. If a ball is already locked, a ball will go down the middle diverter ramp and kick out the locked ball AND the ball that just went down the ramp. So essentially a two ball multiball starts and confuses the machine. It happens a bit randomly.

Anyone have some suggestions on what switch to look at? I can't seem to figure out what's causing it to kick out both balls rather than just one.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from fatcake:

So I picked up a Swords of Fury about a month ago. One of my all time favorites!
I'm having an issue with the ball locks though. If a ball is already locked, a ball will go down the middle diverter ramp and kick out the locked ball AND the ball that just went down the ramp. So essentially a two ball multiball starts and confuses the machine. It happens a bit randomly.
Anyone have some suggestions on what switch to look at? I can't seem to figure out what's causing it to kick out both balls rather than just one.

I would start with that double switch where they are locked. It would appear the game still thinks a ball is there and tries to launch it out again. It is not seeing it as "empty" so that the second ball will stay there.

The switch may be dirty.

1 week later
#854 6 years ago

Did a slight modification to the 5 bank holographic stickers and color matched it to the corresponding monster.

IMG_20170506_115504 (resized).jpgIMG_20170506_115504 (resized).jpg

#855 6 years ago

That looks sick and should have been stock!

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Did a slight modification to the 5 bank holographic stickers and color matched it to the corresponding monster.

That is a cool mod, looks like it was meant to be that way.

#857 6 years ago

I really like the new stickers for the drop targets! Any chance you have an extra set you'd like to sell? I am going to shop out my SOF soon and want to replace my drop targets for new and am searching for the stickers. Are even the plain ones available anywhere for sale? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

I really like the new stickers for the drop targets! Any chance you have an extra set you'd like to sell? I am going to shop out my SOF soon and want to replace my drop targets for new and am searching for the stickers. Are even the plain ones available anywhere for sale? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The stickers are so cheap, it's probably not worth the trouble. I picked them up here:

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#859 6 years ago

Just snagged my machine this afternoon from @mrsomeone and am pumped about it. Thank you so much sir.

A funny moving story:

I hadn't told my wife I bought it until a few days ago and luckily she was cool about it. I let her know I would be snagging the car on my lunch break to go get it and then I'd return to work after I dropped the car back off at the house. I was worried it wouldn't fit in my Forester and of course the day we planned on moving it Denver starts dumping snow (what a pain). We get the legs off and it fit in their no problem, which is good to know for future acquisitions. Driving home I felt it push back against the hatch a bit which I thought was good as it kept it more snug. When I got back to the house I opened it up to take this sweet acquisition pic for this thread. 20170518_155950 (resized).jpg20170518_155950 (resized).jpg

Then I go to shut the hatch and completely smash out the back window of my car lol. I guess it was pressing up against the glass enough to where when I shut the hatch it hit the glass a bit too hard. Thank god I had told my wife about the machine otherwise I would be in double trouble. Took this second shot of the car as I left back for work to finish the day. Lesson learned. Thank God my wife is cool.
20170518_133604 (resized).jpg20170518_133604 (resized).jpg

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from tylery85:

Just snagged my machine this afternoon from mrsomeone and am pumped about it. Thank you so much sir.
A funny moving story:
I hadn't told my wife I bought it until a few days ago and luckily she was cool about it. I let her know I would be snagging the car on my lunch break to go get it and then I'd return to work after I dropped the car back off at the house. I was worried it wouldn't fit in my Forester and of course the day we planned on moving it Denver starts dumping snow (what a pain). We get the legs off and it fit in their no problem, which is good to know for future acquisitions. Driving home I felt it push back against the hatch a bit which I thought was good as it kept it more snug. When I got back to the house I opened it up to take this sweet acquisition pic for this thread.
Then I go to shut the hatch and completely smash out the back window of my car lol. I guess it was pressing up against the glass enough to where when I shut the hatch it hit the glass a bit too hard. Thank god I had told my wife about the machine otherwise I would be in double trouble. Took this second shot of the car as I left back for work to finish the day. Lesson learned. Thank God my wife is cool.

All I can hear in my head when I read this is swords saying "CHALLENGE ME!!!!" LOL

#862 6 years ago

Lol... same here!

#863 6 years ago

technically it's not stenciled and it's not decals.

It's silk screen printed. You can't do half tone dot patterns with stencils.

#864 6 years ago

FlipMyBalls lol

I'm having an issue where I feel the left flipper is weak because if I catch the ball it never has enough power to then go through the tunnel to the upper playfield. The only time I can get it all the way up the tunnel is when it already has some gusto when I shoot it off that flipper. Is that how it is supposed to be or do you think the flipper is weak? In general the game feels slow and I feel like the flippers just don't hit as hard as other games.

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from tylery85:

flipmyballs lol
I'm having an issue where I feel the left flipper is weak because if I catch the ball it never has enough power to then go through the tunnel to the upper playfield. The only time I can get it all the way up the tunnel is when it already has some gusto when I shoot it off that flipper. Is that how it is supposed to be or do you think the flipper is weak? In general the game feels slow and I feel like the flippers just don't hit as hard as other games.

Clean your eos switch at the flipper coil, clean your flipper switches, if that doesn't help, you may need a flipper rebuild

1 week later
#866 6 years ago

Hey guys... does anyone else's swords do this? Ohhh crap I can't load video....
ok so when the game starts some of the drop targets drop down and stay down randomly for some reason.... and then when you drop all the targets during a game and the entire bank attempts to reset once again some stay down.....

#867 6 years ago

I checked another swords and all the targets reset together everytime.... so it doesn't make sense to me...

It can't be a setting, and I pulled the drop target apart and it operates perfectly fine ... could it be a power issue? Like a cold solder on the board?

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I checked another swords and all the targets reset together everytime.... so it doesn't make sense to me...
It can't be a setting, and I pulled the drop target apart and it operates perfectly fine ... could it be a power issue? Like a cold solder on the board?

I had a similar problem with my drop targets recently & looked around on here & found a few posts about reflowing cold solder joints on power supply as a fix for the issue so I tried it & it worked for me

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I had a similar problem with my drop targets recently & looked around on here & found a few posts about reflowing cold solder joints on power supply as a fix for the issue so I tried it & it worked for me

Yes this ^

And the targets themselves could be worn and/or the springs need replacing... and the assembly may need a good cleaning

#870 6 years ago

I really cleaned the shit out of the metal edge of mine and the plastic edges of the drops. helped a lot and mine don't fall down now unless you hit them.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes this ^
And the targets themselves could be worn and/or the springs need replacing... and the assembly may need a good cleaning

Man.... so we took the drop target apart and cleaned it piece by piece and reinstalled it and nothing changes .... the one thing I did notice is the main board is a rotten dog board.... and I am now thinking that maybe a chip is bad....? I mean we have kinda elimainated all other options....

#872 6 years ago

Man.... so we took the drop target apart and cleaned it piece by piece and reinstalled it and nothing changes .... the one thing I did notice is the main board is a rotten dog board.... and I am now thinking that maybe a chip is bad....? I mean we have kinda elimainated all other options....

It's probably a power supply or wiring issue. Possibly a problem with the drop target switch opto board itself. You should try to do a Switch test and make sure they are reading reliably. I believe most people have had issues with the 12v to the drop target opto board, not the voltage to the reset coils.

Bear in mind that some of those coils are on the AC relay (I want to say targets 2,3, and 4? Don't quote me on that) while the others on the bank aren't. that drop bank on SoF is a funny thing.

#873 6 years ago

Any time anyone gets a sof... first thing should be to pull the power supply and re-flow the pins... EVERY SOF has this issue... and every time the drops having issues is mentioned and they finally reflow the power supply it fixes the problem.

Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

This ^ was mentioned before my post, sorry for not re-iterating this... I know it's hard to want to read an entire thread about SOF, but this issue has been approached at least 6 times

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Any time anyone gets a sof... first thing should be to pull the power supply and re-flow the pins... EVERY SOF has this issue... and every time the drops having issues is mentioned and they finally reflow the power supply it fixes the problem.

This ^ was mentioned before my post, sorry for not re-iterating this... I know it's hard to want to read an entire thread about SOF, but this issue has been approached at least 6 times

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tq=Reflow&tu

#875 6 years ago

So my shooter rod disintegrated not too long ago. I suppose I could replace it with something stock but does anyone have some fun mod ideas for a SoF shooter rod?

I would love to have a 3d printed lions head or something, but I can't seem to find the right match for it.

#876 6 years ago

Can confirm, my SoF started having drop issues and reflowing the power board worked

#877 6 years ago

ya we were gonna re-solder the power supply but it is a one year old brand new x-pin, i think, power supply. and the main board is a brand new rotten dog board. so neither of those boards had any cold solders. we ended up taking all the boards out and checking for cold solders but they were all perfect.

#878 6 years ago

Great idea. I already happen to have a full sample pack of such holographic vinyl. Hmm.

Otherwise, this arrived last night to keep Black Knight company in the "crap, I ran out of space for pins room" :p

SoF (resized).jpgSoF (resized).jpg

#879 6 years ago

Looking for a nice SoF translite if anyone has an extra or knows where to get one. Mine has holes burned in it from the incandescent bulbs over the years:/

#880 6 years ago

LIONMAN !!!

This time Swords of Fury gets the CPR translite-to-backglass treatment, with our ongoing mission to provide a nicer option to traditional paper translites.

SoF owners now have the option to switch to this replacement mirrored backglass, done as an original creation to turnkey fit any SoF backbox. Our vision of what a SoF backglass "may have been" , had it been produced back in the day by Williams.

Gallery is up, with production commentary included.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo202.html

They can be purchased in the Backglass section of our web store:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

sofglass01.jpgsofglass01.jpg

#881 6 years ago

Curse you CPR, I didn't want to spend any more money this week.

Looks sweet though.

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

LIONMAN !!!
This time Swords of Fury gets the CPR translite-to-backglass treatment, with our ongoing mission to provide a nicer option to traditional paper translites.
SoF owners now have the option to switch to this replacement mirrored backglass, done as an original creation to turnkey fit any SoF backbox. Our vision of what a SoF backglass "may have been" , had it been produced back in the day by Williams.
KEVIN

I had merely been hoping there would be an option of a translite with stronger colors...this is better.

#883 6 years ago

sent a message to order, but had a question about another backglass I was hoping you had seconds laying around I can throw on with this.

#884 6 years ago

I like the color match as well, but I ended up going with all blue (on a diagonal) to better match the walls (I may go with blue star posts/flipper rubbers as well). I'm in the midst of replacing the plastics (hence the mismatch/missing pieces).

sofdrop (resized).jpgsofdrop (resized).jpg

sofdrop2 (resized).jpgsofdrop2 (resized).jpg

#885 6 years ago

Trying to figure out a few things hanging under the playfield. Any idea where the giant light bulb goes? How about the wayward plug in front of the black hose? Nothing appears to match either item and there isn't enough room for a bulb that size to illuminate any inserts.

Also, has anyone solved the Rottendog MPU sound issue? I have music in game and in test mode, but no voices. Most old threads seem to have the reverse.

20170618_131116 (resized).jpg20170618_131116 (resized).jpg

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I like the color match as well, but I ended up going with all blue (on a diagonal) to better match the walls (I may go with blue star posts/flipper rubbers as well). I'm in the midst of replacing the plastics (hence the mismatch/missing pieces).

Your work looks great !

Have you checked considered pulling the playfield and giving the interior of the cabinet a fresh coat of paint?

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

LIONMAN !!!
KEVIN

SWEET!!! Just ordered!

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Trying to figure out a few things hanging under the playfield. Any idea where the giant light bulb goes? How about the wayward plug in front of the black hose? Nothing appears to match either item and there isn't enough room for a bulb that size to illuminate any inserts.
Also, has anyone solved the Rottendog MPU sound issue? I have music in game and in test mode, but no voices. Most old threads seem to have the reverse.

That bulb should screw in below the Balrog there at the center on the playfield.

As for the plug I'm not sure. The colors match the color of the high score reset, but your exposure may be throwing them off.

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Your work looks great !
Have you checked considered pulling the playfield and giving the interior of the cabinet a fresh coat of paint?

Yes I have. Lots of changes on my machine since that photo now and the sides do look pretty shabby. I was also wondering if mirror blades work on SoF and if anyone has done them.

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

That flasher should be for the large insert in the middle of the playfield. That plug appears to have white with grey stripe and green with orange stripe wires which would make it the plug for right spinner switch on the lower loop.

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Yes I have. Lots of changes on my machine since that photo now and the sides do look pretty shabby. I was also wondering if mirror blades work on SoF and if anyone has done them.

I had mirror blades in mine and though they looked fine (would look better in yours) my straight black sides looked fine as well so I took them out and put them in my TZ. The blades I found don't really do a lot as the sides that show are much shallower than most machines. however I could see how they would benefit yours

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Looking for a nice SoF translite if anyone has an extra or knows where to get one. Mine has holes burned in it from the incandescent bulbs over the years:/

Just purchased a couple full plastic sets. Any thoughts on a playfield at this point? I sent an email but no response

1 month later
#893 6 years ago

well... count me in - goofy face and all

orca-image-1502214018169.jpg_1502214018893 (2) (resized).jpegorca-image-1502214018169.jpg_1502214018893 (2) (resized).jpeg

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

well... count me in - goofy face and all

Welcome to the greatest game ever! Lionman!!!

#895 6 years ago

Quick Question - Opened up the backbox to install my NVRAM (hooray already socketed U25) and noticed all my other roms are all Revision 1. (which makes sense, it's an early in the production run macine).

Anyway - I see on IPDB there is a Revision 2. Anyone have any ideas if it's worth burning new roms or its minor at best? I know some games have new revisions that only affect German language updates.

#896 6 years ago

I have no idea... bump for info

#897 6 years ago

I mean, I have a ROM burner, so worst case scenario I burn a handful, give it a spin, and see if I notice anything. I don't think Williams kept actual revision documentation until the early 90s. I'd rather not tie up 5 or 6 ROMs for nothing if the changes are minimal though. I guess I can always burn and clear if I don't notice anything.

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

I mean, I have a ROM burner, so worst case scenario I burn a handful, give it a spin, and see if I notice anything. I don't think Williams kept actual revision documentation until the early 90s. I'd rather not tie up 5 or 6 ROMs for nothing if the changes are minimal though. I guess I can always burn and clear if I don't notice anything.

There is an old thread on here and that person didn't notice a difference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-furydrop-target-question#post-57199

#899 6 years ago

Add me to that list. I burned the L2s last night for shits and giggles and haven't noticed a difference. Given I was just messing around and trying for random stuff... Settings we're the same too. I'll keep an eye out and report back if anything changes.

#900 6 years ago

The stickers are so cheap, it's probably not worth the trouble. I picked them up here:
ebay.com link

Thanks for the info! I have been looking for these.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.