20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 33.
#751 7 years ago

make the other switch blade closer gapped, so the ball cannot sneak through without triggering.

#752 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The layouts are eerily similar on Woz and SOF
Maybe we need a rethemed WOZ turned Lionman!

Yeah, isnt it time for Swords of Fury 2? come on Stern, Jersey Jack, Spooky Pinball and whoever else, screw the movie/comic pinball themes let it happen!

#753 7 years ago

It will never happen heh...

Quoted from Luzur:

Yeah, isnt it time for Swords of Fury 2? come on Stern, Jersey Jack, Spooky Pinball and whoever else, screw the movie/comic pinball themes let it happen!

#754 7 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

It will never happen heh...

All we can hope for is new playfields

#755 7 years ago

My SoF have started to miss some lines on the top of the upper displays now, could it be a dying board or display?

#756 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

My SoF have started to miss some lines on the top of the upper displays now, could it be a dying board or display?

Anything is possible, but it may be cold solder joints on the pins

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Anything is possible, but it may be cold solder joints on the pins

Hmm, i'll check it, im cleaning the droptargets atm so i have the game "in parts" anyway.

#758 7 years ago

Thinking about changing out the posts on the game with either light blue or orange and then maybe changing the rings.

Any opinions on these combos?
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#759 7 years ago

i'd go with white rubber, because I do not like the spin that titan and superbands put on the ball. Adds way more spin than rubber really should.

#760 7 years ago

Well i fixed my display problem now, i sodlered every contact on the display board and now its back to its usual self.

And yeah, go with blue posts and white rubbers.

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Well i fixed my display problem now, i sodlered every contact on the display board and now its back to its usual self.
And yeah, go with blue posts and white rubbers.

Right on!

2 weeks later
#762 7 years ago

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue where some of the sounds in my game don't play. The most obvious to me is the spinners, but others may be missing as well. When I go through the sound test mode, only 3 or 4 of them work.

Can anybody tell me what happens when they press the sound diagnostic switch on the MPU? I get a single sound effect (groaning sound), and I want to make sure this matches up with a working game.

#763 7 years ago

Hi I have uploaded the original correct order of incidental sounds.
Follow link to audio and good luck.
Try reseating the audio chips.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68mz036w4md5exn/swords%20of%20fury%20audio%20.mp3?dl=0

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Hi I have uploaded the original correct order of incidental sounds.
Follow link to audio and good luck.
Try reseating the audio chips.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/68mz036w4md5exn/swords%20of%20fury%20audio%20.mp3?dl=0

Thanks for posting this. To clarify, your clip is coming from the sound test, or from the diagnostic switch on the MPU?

I have tried reseating the ROMs to no effect. I'm not swimming in money so I am trying to eliminate everything else before purchasing a new set of ROMs.

#765 7 years ago

It's coming from the sound test.
Check all your switches are open as closed switches might have caused cpu to switch off certain sounds. Use the switch test feature.

#766 7 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

It's coming from the sound test.
Check all your switches are open as closed switches might have caused cpu to switch off certain sounds. Use the switch test feature.

I will try that when I get home. The reason I ask about the diagnostic switch test is because of the instructions in the pic I attached.

It says that when you press this switch, you should hear two rings. When I press this button, I don't hear any rings, instead I hear one audio effect.

SoF_sounds_(resized).pngSoF_sounds_(resized).png

1 week later
#767 7 years ago

almost there. need new clear ramp, and upper pf target bank installed and I will be good to go!!

sof_pf_II_001_(resized).JPGsof_pf_II_001_(resized).JPG

#770 7 years ago

I'm in the club now! Woot!

20160821_204739 (resized).jpg20160821_204739 (resized).jpg

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

colored LED's for GI's or backboxes always looks like shit. ALWAYS. I'll have a thread about that coming soon and explain it from an artists perspective and give examples on why it should never be done.

nope. my SOF popped and my T2 pop with a mix of warm/cool/colored leds. youre wrong. about many things. SF2 fo life!

#773 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

colored LED's for GI's or backboxes always looks like shit. ALWAYS. I'll have a thread about that coming soon and explain it from an artists perspective and give examples on why it should never be done.

Can't wait to see it. Even if it only helps one poor soul, it's worth it.
-mof

2 weeks later
#774 7 years ago

One night only agodfrey and KEVINBUFFALO battle it out. Tonight Monday Sept 12th @ 8p (EASTERN)

https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

LIONMAN!!!!

BuffaloLionmanv2 (resized).jpgBuffaloLionmanv2 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#776 7 years ago

one just listed for sale on Mr. Pinball

#777 7 years ago

Just dropped by to say .Go fore the tunnel.

1 month later
#778 7 years ago

Hello,

I noticed my "Special" plastic near the backboard is different from the usual one. It just read "Special" and there is no orange color.

Do you know if this could be an early production, or maybe a repro or something? Anybody else have this version?

20160503_175122[1] (resized).jpg20160503_175122[1] (resized).jpg

#779 7 years ago

Hmmm that is different....... mine is orange lettering & says " magic target scores SPECIAL when lit"

#780 7 years ago

Well, could be a repro, does your ROMS have prototype stickers and stuff like that?

#781 7 years ago

no

#782 7 years ago

I think plastic sets are still available for SOF so a repro? Idk? maybe , anyhow I have an extra one Ill trade you for that one

#783 7 years ago

No idea really if a repro or a rare one. It's also in good shape, so in doubt.. I'll keep it

1 month later
#784 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone is in the market, but will be listing my very cleaned, very restored SoF shortly. Hoping the lighting will be ok enough to snap some pics. Level II cleared and touched PF, new plastics, new ramps, LED displays, LED throughout, all mechs got new springs, sleeves, rebuilt flippers.....

#785 7 years ago

Here are some pics of my SoF: Cab 8.5/10, Translite 8/10 PF pretty darn minty http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/nerdygrrl/library/Swords%20of%20Fury?sort=3&page=1

#786 7 years ago

One of the best looking ones I have seen. (inside the machine that is) The cabinet could use some restoration. I would also change those bulbs behind the backglass so there isn't bright spots from the bulbs. Also looks like your flippers arent evenly angled. Can't wait to clearcoat my SoF so it shines like yours.

2 weeks later
#787 7 years ago

Hey guys.... I just installed my magnet apron cover and thought I'd share it with you... I love it! It's not permanent, it looks amazing and really awesome quality!!

IMG_6679 (resized).JPGIMG_6679 (resized).JPG

IMG_6684 (resized).JPGIMG_6684 (resized).JPG

#788 7 years ago

White flipper rubbers are interesting, dont see that often. Apron magnet looks SIIIIICK

#789 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

White flipper rubbers are interesting, dont see that often. Apron magnet looks SIIIIICK

Ya I threw them on just to see and kinda liked the look...

#790 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

nope. my SOF popped and my T2 pop with a mix of warm/cool/colored leds. youre wrong. about many things. SF2 fo life!

nope always looks like crap, and i'll show you why.

#791 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Hey guys.... I just installed my magnet apron cover and thought I'd share it with you... I love it! It's not permanent, it looks amazing and really awesome quality!!

Looking good kev defiantly a fan of that apron!

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nope always looks like crap, and i'll show you why.

Bring it broha

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bring it broha

I will. It's going to be a huge writeup with lots of pictures so you can see how colored light ruins the look of all artwork.

#794 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I will. It's going to be a huge writeup with lots of pictures so you can see how colored light ruins the look of all artwork.

I just use warm frosted bulbs unless there's a very specific thing I want to accomplish, but it's still 99.9% warm lamps in the backbox on all my games, the colors look goofy when over exaggerated

2 weeks later
#795 7 years ago

Anyone have a use for a used SOF playfield? Has original mylar still installed. There is some wear near the upper loop inserts and the Release the Titans insert. Could also use a good cleaning. Might be a good candidate for a playfield restoration. Any idea what something like this is worth?

IMG_3601 (resized).JPGIMG_3601 (resized).JPG
IMG_3583 (resized).JPGIMG_3583 (resized).JPG
IMG_3584 (resized).JPGIMG_3584 (resized).JPG
IMG_3585 (resized).JPGIMG_3585 (resized).JPG
IMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3586 (resized).JPG
IMG_3587 (resized).JPGIMG_3587 (resized).JPG
IMG_3588 (resized).JPGIMG_3588 (resized).JPG
IMG_3589 (resized).JPGIMG_3589 (resized).JPG

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Anyone have a use for a used SOF playfield? Has original mylar still installed. There is some wear near the upper loop inserts and the Release the Titans insert. Could also use a good cleaning. Might be a good candidate for a playfield restoration. Any idea what something like this is worth?

Pm sent

#797 7 years ago

I have the upper as well. It's in great shape.

IMG_3604 (resized).JPGIMG_3604 (resized).JPG

IMG_3605 (resized).JPGIMG_3605 (resized).JPG

#798 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I have the upper as well. It's in great shape.

Pm sent on this as well

1 week later
#799 7 years ago

Hey there guys, joined the club a few weeks back and loving this amazing game!My one question is about the intermittent drop targets on my game, they register every so often and there's no rhyme or reason to it. I'm new to system 11 and I've checked the connectors under the target bank and on the board in the backbox where 'playfield switches' connect to and everything seems in check, same goes for cold solder joints in these areas. I've read how some people have reflowed the power supply connections but I'm just unsure of where to check for this - which board and which connections in particular? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers

#800 7 years ago

In the club. Have owned a pristine SoF for 12 years now. Never leaving my gameroom. Just put on the orange Titan rubbers, really looks good with this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
Unisex
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/16?hl=triplecdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.