20230709_175034 (resized).jpg
20230709_175026 (resized).jpg
IMG_0024 (resized).jpeg
20230708_203630 (resized).jpg
IMG_E9537[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9539[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_9538[1] (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 33.
#701 7 years ago

Found inserts decals now just need a couple of plastics.

1 week later
#702 7 years ago

Hey guys. Finally finishing my rebuild of my SoF with new ramps. Got some questions, though.

1.) Anyone know what screw post is needed to replace the original one on the left side of the center ramp? I have no way of attaching the ramp protector with the one originally there.

20160522_232056_(resized).jpg20160522_232056_(resized).jpg

2.) Test fit the wireforms to the diverter ramp, and I don't have enough clearance for the ball to go from the ramp to the wireform. Am I missing some washers?

20160522_232147_(resized).jpg20160522_232147_(resized).jpg

3.) Something not ramp related. Has anyone tried replacing the upper playfield flipper from this one? Pinballlife says it's meant for a Simpsons Pinball Party. Thought about trying to use some spray on plastic dye to change the color to something other than yellow. Don't know if that is a bright idea though.

20160522_232121_(resized).jpg20160522_232121_(resized).jpg

Thanks for the help, guys.

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

1.) Anyone know what screw post is needed to replace the original one on the left side of the center ramp? I have no way of attaching the ramp protector with the one originally there.

I've only seen a screw post there...(Accepts a screw on top). Can shoot you a photo if you want.

2.) Test fit the wireforms to the diverter ramp, and I don't have enough clearance for the ball to go from the ramp to the wireform. Am I missing some washers?

That's just going to need to be tweaked. The "V" carved into the ramp will need to be shaved a little where it's creating a pinch....Dremel with a sanding drum works great. PM me if you want to discuss some more.

#704 7 years ago

Hey guys. Finally finishing my rebuild of my SoF with new ramps. Got some questions, though.

3.) Something not ramp related. Has anyone tried replacing the upper playfield flipper from this one? Pinballlife says it's meant for a Simpsons Pinball Party. Thought about trying to use some spray on plastic dye to change the color to something other than yellow. Don't know if that is a bright idea though.

Thanks for the help, guys.

I think pinball life has a silver flipper bat incase you don't want to customize

#705 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Ordered some stuff from pinballlife so maybe i can get this done finally.

#706 7 years ago

i just spray painted and clearcoated my upper mini flipper silver. Because I used chrome flipper bats for the bottom section.

#707 7 years ago

Yeah pinball-life have both chromed flippers and mini-flippers.

#708 7 years ago

Yeah but i dont think the mini flippers have long enough shafts for the upper playfield

#709 7 years ago

Yeah but i dont think the mini flippers have long enough shafts for the upper playfield

long shaft.... I'm sorry but I needed a laugh.

#710 7 years ago

Yeah i walked right into that...

#711 7 years ago

The bane of my existence are the damn flipper leaf switches! PAIN IN THE ASS to tune in, and then they warp out of whack again over time. Are there any tips or tricks to repairing these leafs? Or New old stock or other replacement options? KKTHX! Also attached a pic of my bg with led mods, rgb color changers and flashing white led on the lady's sword

Would these work as replacements???
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=152
or
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6890-01

20160525_102048_(resized).jpg20160525_102048_(resized).jpg
20160525_102014_(resized).jpg20160525_102014_(resized).jpg

20160525_104716_(resized).jpg20160525_104716_(resized).jpg

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

The bane of my existence are the damn flipper leaf switches! PAIN IN THE ASS to tune in, and then they warp out of whack again over time. Are there any tips or tricks to repairing these leafs? Or New old stock or other replacement options? KKTHX! Also attached a pic of my bg with led mods, rgb color changers and flashing white led on the lady's sword

Bueller?

#713 7 years ago

I ordered the pinball life one for my game I haven't received it yet, hopefully it works. I can let you know

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

or
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6890-01

Either of those should work

#715 7 years ago

for those of you who have re-rubbered your machines, do you have an accurate rubber size list i could use to order new rubbers?
thanks.

#716 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I ordered the pinball life one for my game I haven't received it yet, hopefully it works. I can let you know

Cool, let me know how it works out pretty please. I want uninterrupted lioman!

#717 7 years ago

colored LED's for backbox illumination makes Lionman angry.

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

for those of you who have re-rubbered your machines, do you have an accurate rubber size list i could use to order new rubbers?
thanks.

Here's the kit I put together when I ordered my Titan rings. It's based off what was in the manual: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/291

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Not if its softLED's

#720 7 years ago

colored LED's for GI's or backboxes always looks like shit. ALWAYS. I'll have a thread about that coming soon and explain it from an artists perspective and give examples on why it should never be done.

#721 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

colored LED's for GI's or backboxes always looks like shit. ALWAYS. I'll have a thread about that coming soon and explain it from an artists perspective and give examples on why it should never be done.

I'll drink to that!

#722 7 years ago

I dont know. I like how LEDing my Gorgar turned out. But I'm also a bit color blind.

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Here's the kit I put together when I ordered my Titan rings. It's based off what was in the manual: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/291

Thankyou kindly!

#724 7 years ago

Looking forward joining the club, but not easy at all. How often does a SOF show up for sale? It looks like it's a keeper for everybody..

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Looking forward joining the club, but not easy at all. How often does a SOF show up for sale? It looks like it's a keeper for everybody..

Just throw stupid money in the air and the birds may chirp.
But mines not for sale

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

chocolate / vanilla

I know what you are saying, but I have seen that backglass both ways and I prefer color manipulating it to fit my tastes over the artists. Mostly agree on white GI too, certain areas in the back or under cluster plastics can be tasteful.

But I truly believe there is no right or wrong, just preference.

#727 7 years ago

i'm planning for a full write up thread about it. Go into detail and picture examples. It looks worse than people think. I think they are just distracted by the colors and bright shiny things. It's like looking at everything in a photography dark room with a red light. No matter what you look at, everything looks like shit in a red light room. Except maybe black and while pictures. Anything else is going to look like crap. When you cut out the white spectrum, true colors cannot show.

1 week later
#728 7 years ago

My original Swords of Fury translite is up for auction on ebay if anyone is interested:

ebay.com link: Swords of Fury Pinball Translite Backglass Image Williams

See link on ebay for all details. Thanks.

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

#729 7 years ago

8_(resized).jpg8_(resized).jpg

10_(resized).jpg10_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#730 7 years ago

anyone heard anything regarding reproduction of the playfields or cabinet decals ?

#731 7 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

anyone heard anything regarding reproduction of the playfields or cabinet decals ?

Ninjaboot was supposedly doing cabinet decals, but every message I send him goes unanswered despite him being active on the forums.....

#732 7 years ago

cabinet decals would look like shit on this game. Only do it, if you absolutely have to. Like the cabinet was dragged behind a truck on both sides for a long time. otherwise touch it up.

#733 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

cabinet decals would look like shit on this game. Only do it, if you absolutely have to. Like the cabinet was dragged behind a truck on both sides for a long time. otherwise touch it up.

Yeah, would just look weird.

It is an easy side-art to touch up to, its just light silver, cyan blue and black.

#734 7 years ago

in all fairness, that blue is a PIA to match. Plus there is halftoning in it. But isn't impossible to touch up.

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in all fairness, that blue is a PIA to match. Plus there is halftoning in it. But isn't impossible to touch up.

Well ive started to use Pantone, makes color matching abit easier.

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Hoping to join this club in the near future. I played it at a guys house when I went to pick up another pin and loved it.

Okay, so this is finally happening!

#737 7 years ago

Well. I'm afraid i have to leave the club. Congrats to AMBoggs and his new companion, Lionman

#738 7 years ago

Well. I'm afraid i have to leave the club. Congrats to AMBoggs and his new companion, Lionman

So long brother, hope you get another great game soon!

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:Well. I'm afraid i have to leave the club. Congrats to AMBoggs and his new companion, Lionman

And now I'm in. Thanks Travis, the family is already having fun with SoF.

Lionman

#740 7 years ago

Hi guys,
Was rebuilding the flippers on my SOF tonight and managed to install the EOS switch incorrectly, such that the flipper pawl wouldn't open the EOS at full plunge. Don't ask me how I did that.... rookie mistake!

Anyway, plat testing the game, the right side flippers died...I'm guessing I blew a transistor somewhere.

Any pointers on where to start looking?

Thanks

Edit: crisis averted, it was the fuse!

#741 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

of course check fuses first , connections etc.. check for power at the coils ,if they have power its a ground issue check your eos switch really good again , as well as cabinet switches also look at J10 on the backbox interconnect board , I recently lost both right side flippers on another System 11B & eventually traced it to a broken trace on the board at that connector

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Hi guys,
Was rebuilding the flippers on my SOF tonight and managed to install the EOS switch incorrectly, such that the flipper pawl wouldn't open the EOS at full plunge. Don't ask me how I did that.... rookie mistake!
Anyway, plat testing the game, the right side flippers died...I'm guessing I blew a transistor somewhere.
Thanks
Edit: crisis averted, it was the fuse!

Lucky, but always take pics of things before you take them apart

#743 7 years ago

I've rebuilt flippers many times over, it was just late in the evening and a blonde moment. Thanks all for your suggestions!

#744 7 years ago

Lionman has left the building to make way for a WOZ this winter. I won't say goodbye, I'll say Good Journey. Until next time!

imgres_(resized).jpgimgres_(resized).jpg

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Lionman has left the building to make way for a WOZ this winter. I won't say goodbye, I'll say Good Journey. Until next time!

LIONMAN for WOZ? WTF? What alternate universe is this? You have chosen poorly my friend...very poorly. WOZ isn't worthy to scratch lionmans ass, after he dragged it through his enemies.

#746 7 years ago

To be fair, there is a lion man in WoZ at least.

lionman_(resized).jpglionman_(resized).jpg

#747 7 years ago

The layouts are eerily similar on Woz and SOF

Maybe we need a rethemed WOZ turned Lionman!

#748 7 years ago

similar? that's a stretch. If WOZ played or felt anything like SOF, it would actually be a good game.

#749 7 years ago

I agree. That's why I was ok with ...well not ok....could justify it. They feel related

#750 7 years ago

As a new member, I'm still breaking in the machine's personality.

Does anyone have suggestions for adjusting the switch on Ogre's Alley? Entering from the right seems to engage most of the time but leaving the right side it is not always picking up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 1,650 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/15?hl=rattmuscle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.