Swords of Fury. Miami

By The_Gorilla

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Anyone near Miami to check this game out? ebay.com link: 1988 WILLLIAMS SWORDS FURY PINBALL MACHINE

Anyone that won't buy it out from under me if it's good???

lol

Report addresses when and if able.

#2 12 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-pinball-machine

If you have a way to go look and play it, DO IT QUICKLY!!!! I paid $450.00 for mine and drove 3 hours 1 way to pick it up. Take $400 cash with you and make a offer, if he wont go for that I fully recommend paying the 'Buy It Now' price. SOF is every penny worth it!

#3 12 years ago

I KNOW!! I am just not going to be in Florida until November. If ANYONE is near, I will buy it and let you play it until then....if you'll P/U and store it

#4 12 years ago

Thats a great price Gman. I actually did laugh out loud. I have thought the same thing about bringing up questions about auctions. Ive also wondered how many times I might of been bidding against my fellow Pinsiders. It would be cool if there was a way to use some kind of code when asking the seller something and if they published the question with the ad-then other pinsiders would kinda know "one of us is interested" and maybe not run every price up. Like I said...it would be cool. Sorry I cant help you with this one but I wont bid against you. Ha! peace

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

It would be cool if there was a way to use some kind of code when asking the seller something and if they published the question with the ad-then other pinsiders would kinda know "one of us is interested"

[Question here] PSide at the end or begining.

#6 12 years ago

wow i saw that game and was wondering the same thing.such a great price, but alas too far away! happy bidding to whoever wins it.

#7 12 years ago

If it were within 200 miles of me and in the described condition it'd already be in my dining room. Hard to believe it would still be available though, unless there's something wrong with it.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Hard to believe it would still be available though, unless there's something wrong with it.

Bingo!

#9 12 years ago

thanks for the voices of reason, I almost let me eyes overcome what my heart is telling me, too. I guess I will pass...dang..I just want ONE great find!

#10 12 years ago

If I was closer i would have done that for ya. I wouldn't mind picking up a machine for someone. Whats the worst that could happen? I get stuck with another pin? So what.

My problem would be stopping myself from fixing it up, installing led's. I would have to show restraint.

#11 12 years ago

Whenever someone makes a comment such as "I am selling this at a ridiculously low price compared to what they normally go for", it's usually a warning sign that something is not right. In my experience, most people are greedy by nature, and they will try to milk something for all that it's worth. If they are willing to sell the item for substantially less than the fair market value, there is probably something they are not telling you.

#12 12 years ago

Very wise words of wisdom Gweem

#13 12 years ago

Perhaps he wants a few bids before the last day?

#14 12 years ago

It is too far for me, but how can you go wrong at that price? If I were close, I would have bought it.

#15 12 years ago

Hey! Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Hopefully not too late Gorilla. I'm actually the one you were referring to who suggested we cooperate in helping each other store purchases out of state also. I am in Daytona area in FL and I would be happy to pick up the machine for you if you purchase it and hold it until you can pick it up.

Man, that looks like a great price also. I would have definitely been interested if I had seen it first.

I wouldn't be able to pick it up before next Tuesday though. Hopefully that wouldn't be a problem.

G

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from glilly-BOA:

I am in Daytona area in FL and I would be happy to pick up the machine for you if you purchase it and hold it until you can pick it up ...

That was quite a generous offer g-B. This is the type of camaraderie that makes pinball collecting such a great hobby. It looks like the machine sold for $450.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It looks like the machine sold for $450

Man... Bad timing. I checked the posting after I offered to pick it up for Gorilla and it was still available. That was about 3 hours ago.

G

#18 12 years ago

That price certainly is not going to help me when I go to sell mine.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That price certainly is not going to help me when I go to sell mine.

And when might that be? I'll be driving through Chicago in August to visit family and pick up my HS2. I'll have room for one more!

#20 12 years ago

I may be willing to part with it, but I paid a heck of a lot more than $450. I'm probably in to it for closer to $1,300.

#21 12 years ago

I would of snagged that up for $450 in a second if that thing actually turned on. someone should of bought it then figured out who to give it to or whatever the logistics were if you guys are close by. Someone got a good deal hope its someone on here.

#22 12 years ago

Just now got here...um rats! (i wasn't the buyer) lol. Hey, we will work it out some other time. We're all in this together!!!!

#23 12 years ago

There is one on pinside market for $650 in Miami Florida. Wonder if it is the same one. LOL

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

There is one on pinside market for $650 in Miami Florida.

Wonder if that was the same one. It's been on there for a while.

Deals are nice, but I'm also more than happy to pay fair market value for a pin I want, maybe a little more if it is in nice condition from a trustworthy source (i.e. Pinsider). I set a goal of having 6 pins by the new year, so that means I need one more. Hoping a nice I500 falls in my lap.

#25 12 years ago

Hoping a nice I500 falls in my lap.

I had a chance for one at a decent price but had never played it so did not pull the trigger. I am so indecisive when it comes to what I should add.

#26 12 years ago

I never played it either, but I grew up watching the race and I've been to it seven (or eight, I forget) times, so the theme really appeals to me. I did watch a youtube video of it and the use of Paul Page for the voices sounds really cool.

#27 12 years ago

Hoping a nice I500 falls in my lap.

I saw one on ebay today. Don't remember price or location. See ya all later...gonna be busy for a few days. sigh. I hate work.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

saw one on ebay today. Don't remember price or location. See ya all later...gonna be busy for a few days. sigh. I hate work.

There's a few on there for three or four grand. I'm not into paying double what a game is worth no matter how badly I want it. The best I've been able to find is one in MO that is being shopped out for around $2200 plus $400 shipping.

#29 12 years ago

ebay.com link: ebay.com

Here's a pricy one in PA. I can see where it needs some work...

#30 12 years ago

ebay.com link: Indianapolis 500 Pinball Machine Bally

That is the I500 I was talking about. By the time they get done bidding, the other pin you have found will probably be a better deal.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

the other pin you have found will probably be a better deal.

He turned down 4 bids, must be firm around 2K or close...

#32 12 years ago

I believe that is the same dealer I talked to. He had two of them he was shopping out. If I didn't have to pay to have it shipped I might consider it. I kinda set a limit for myself of 2k, including shipping if needed. There was another one I found for cheaper, but the seller barely spoke English and I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I'm hoping Black Rose finds another one for cheap and agrees to add a reasonable finder's fee and sell it to me

#33 12 years ago

Nice find, I was just down there in Miami this week. Would have been fun to try out.

#34 12 years ago

I'm afraid I have some bad news. It looks like the SoF was HUO and in mint condition. I just found this thread on RGP:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/4a6d456b64d7ae0d/e369d7c114431779#e369d7c114431779

I have to admit, I'm rather shocked by this. The game sat there for a long time before someone bought it. Given the price, I would have thought it would have gone way faster if it was in even somewhat decent condition. People are usually all over stuff like this. Man did this guy get a steal!

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm afraid I have some bad news. I

Seeing a grown Gorilla weep is just not a good thing! Goes to show, they ARE out there...

#36 12 years ago

not a fan of that site the way they talk down to each other real or not

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-miami and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.