(Topic ID: 97099)

Swords of Fury flippers dead

By monsterbaldy

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So I had some non pinball people over from work playing pinball, there was crazy chipping going on. One lady on the team probably was doing 2 flips per second regardless of where the ball was on the playfield. At one point someone came over to me and told me SoF flippers were dead.

I checked the fuse F7 and it was blown. The fuse that was in there was a 6A SB. The fuse that I replaced it with was a 5A SB. Checking the manual later this should actually be a 4A SB.

Anyways, after putting the 5A fuse in, the right flipper gave a couple flips, the left flipper gave some sorry attempts, the upper flippers just sat there, and then the fuse blew again.

Any advice on next steps much appreciated.

-ben

#2 9 years ago

Well, if you've overfused, it's possible you've damaged something else.

At this point, I'd check the coil, EOS switch, cabinet switches and the diodes on the coil.

Check the resistance of the coil windings.. are any of them shorted? If you move the flipper bats by hand, do they move up and down smoothly?

Check the gaps on the EOS and cabinet switches. Are they open at the right times, and closed at the right times?

Check the diodes on the coils. Are any of them shorted?

#3 9 years ago

And the winner was... a totally melted coil. The EOS had gone out of alignment. Coil replaced, correct fuses put in, all ok now. Thanks guys!

-ben

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-flippers-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.