image_(resized).jpg
SOF_Upper_Black_(resized).JPG
20160118_162707_(resized).jpg
20160118_162627_(resized).jpg
20160118_160527_(resized).jpg
20160118_160735_(resized).jpg
20160118_123753_(resized).jpg
20160118_162738_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Could smokey, dark gray ramps be made?

Yes, any color could be an option if there is enough people interested in it. The dark smoke or tinted ramps I think would make a great replacement for those that like the dark look or don't really like the idea of giving up the black ramp.

4 months later
#119 9 years ago

Actually it is a small plastic ramp. Mocean, is yours using something g different? Here is a pic of it:

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

All though this piece looks to be injection molded.

3 weeks later
#154 9 years ago

Looks nice!!! Damn that's a deep draw!

2 weeks later
#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As soon as I complete the finishing on the first set of ramps, I am going to install (just with screws for demonstration) that hardware on the clear ramp. There is a lot of hardware on this ramp and I am anxious to see what it looks like as it will all be visible.
We're getting close.....Mark

This has been a concern of mine from the beginning with the clear version. I think it will look funny if left alone. Having it painted would obviously cure this. Even the colored ones may show a lot of this stuff, but not as blatantly. I'm looking forward to checking them out!!

1 week later
#205 8 years ago

You are correct. Those are where the ramp attaches to each diverter assembly.

#212 8 years ago

Hmmm, not sure that's going to work. They crack at the bend and having one side of the bend stronger than the other may actually hurt you (i.e the wall won't flex as much which will send the energy to the bend which is the week point already).

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The best solution would be Cliffy's, but he indicated it may be a while before he gets to them. I left a greater radius on the lower edges. I could rivet spring steel to the insides but if you are correct, that would not make much difference. Any Ideas?
I should have the game tomorrow and can see what else I could do.

Since that ramp doesn't have a entrance flap mounted to it, could you make a piece of PETG that would wrap around the entire bottom and sides? You could slot the front of it to allow the bottom lip of the ramp to still sit on the playfield. I am picturing something like this (sorry for my crappy artistic skills):

Plastic add on.pngPlastic add on.png

1 week later
#318 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Sweet....First set for you!

Hey!

Quoted from superJackpot:

Ramp flaps aside, I wonder if using Chicago screws is a viable alternative to rivets?
I've never used these before. The colours and materials are enticing. These come in blind (solid top) or thru hole. There looks to be enough clearance on the upper ramp for this type of hardware.
https://chicagoscrews.com/index.php

I think those Chicago Screws are going to be too big for this application. They will sit up higher than rivets and you will likely have to enlarge the rivet hole in order to get even their smallest one to fit. Nice idea, just not feasible for replacing a small low profile rivet.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK... You can be first too! Nelly is the one who provided the originals for me to model from!

I was just poking fun. I am in no rush! I am just happy that you were able to do these for the community. Thanks for all your efforts!!

1 week later
#388 8 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait to get mine! Nice work as always!

#400 8 years ago

I know this isn't what everyone wants to see, but I am digging the red and clear combo in the Buffy pin!! Thanks Mark!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I hate the theme but that machine looks great.
The clear upper playfield is killer, u thought about selling those?

Yeah, I know the theme is not for everybody. It is a dream theme for me though.

I hadn't really thought about it. If I did I would have to supply a new plastic to cover the drop target mech. You can see I have one there, but one for SOF would need to have different artwork made up for it. I suppose if there was enough interest, I would consider it.

#404 8 years ago

Well the game is going through some major changes right now but I should be ready to have others try it out in the next couple of weeks. Hell you're in the same town as me so you are welcome once its ready!

4 months later
#458 8 years ago

These ramps are awesome! I love mine! Actually I'm going to need to order another set from you if you do another run. Red upper and clear lower.

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Have both available!

Awesome! PM coming your way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps?tu=nelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.