image_(resized).jpg
SOF_Upper_Black_(resized).JPG
20160118_162707_(resized).jpg
20160118_162627_(resized).jpg
20160118_160527_(resized).jpg
20160118_160735_(resized).jpg
20160118_123753_(resized).jpg
20160118_162738_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

I'm in for sure (as noted in the space station thread). Transparent red is what I'll be wanting. How would the assembly service work, and what do you think the cost would be? Would we be shipping our ramps to you and using existing parts or would it be new parts? As for the wiring, individually braided cables look really nice, even just when zip tied in place. I use them all the time in my liquid cooled computers.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I did the assembly for High Speed for $20 with folks sending me the necessary parts from their playfield. Might be $25 for this one but certainly no higher. Some guys did want to send me the whole ramp to disassemble which I gladly did, but I charged an additional $5 if they wanted the original shipped back.

I think that will work out good for me. If I thought I was going to have more future use for it, I would probably build my own rig for doing rivets, but I think it will probably be just this one SYS11 game for me for quite a while so the value in my own tool isn't really there.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

For you non domestic US guys, if you want me to do the assembly, would probably be best when the time comes to just ship me the necessary parts (I will detail them at some point) and then avoid shipping the old ramp back...just to save postage each way. I expect when I'm ready I will be able to turn these back in just a day or two....Usually just one day, but there is always the initial rush.

Yep that should be fine. As long as the ramps are solid and hold up, I will have no reason to go back to that ugly black abs ramp

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

why don't you find it a blue game?? there is a lot of blue throughout the playfield and translate, not to mention the complete cabinet. I really don't like red as a color, (personal preference) and cannot see clear working out with all the things attached so I will probably be going blue. I think it will look good

You know, I can't for the life of me REALLY decide why I feel it's a red game, but it is to me. I agree, blue all over this game, but It has always just struck me that it's a red game. Maybe it's the logo on the backglass being in red? Either way, any time I have had to replace something that is worn (or just because I wanted to), I have replaced with transparent red (such as flippers, flipper buttons, etc).

4 months later
#98 9 years ago

Very cool! I've never seen something like that in operation, so I would also be interested in a video of it if you ever get around to it

Keep up the good work, though, I'm really looking forward to the SOF ramps

1 month later
#149 8 years ago

I don't want no paint on mine, completely ruins the transparent effect. I just want a dark, bloody, transparent red!

1 month later
#329 8 years ago

Just to save on the hassle of shipping back and forth, I'm considering doing the rivets myself. I've never done rivets before and have none of the tools to do so (AFAIK, anyways). Does anyone have a list of what I would need and a rough guide on how to do it if that's how I decide to go about this?

7 months later
#468 8 years ago

Yeah, that's a quality job! Nice work. I think you're right, Williams would have definitely done something like that (why the top right side of the original black ramp never had the cobblestone decals/plastics is beyond me, I always felt that area looked bland because of that).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.