image_(resized).jpg
SOF_Upper_Black_(resized).JPG
20160118_162707_(resized).jpg
20160118_162627_(resized).jpg
20160118_160527_(resized).jpg
20160118_160735_(resized).jpg
20160118_123753_(resized).jpg
20160118_162738_(resized).jpg

There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 8 years ago

OK...As promised. I recorded a short video and posted on Utube to demonstrate how easy it is to use the hand roll over punch to do riveting on pinball parts. In the video, I am riveting a small bracket on a High Speed clear ramp. Note that since the rolled over end of the rivet is against the steel of the bracket, no washer is required. Any questions, give me a shout. I am going to purchase a small amount of these punches which I can include in the shipment along with rivets....So if you want to go the assemble yourself route using this punch and rivets supplied by me, let me know ASAP. If I run out of the punches, they can also be purchased from Pinball Restore or Hanson's Rivets for $25 plus shipping.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK...As promised. I recorded a short video and posted on Utube to demonstrate how easy it is to use the hand roll over punch to do riveting on pinball parts. In the video, I am riveting a small bracket on a High Speed clear ramp. Note that since the rolled over end of the rivet is against the steel of the bracket, no washer is required. Any questions, give me a shout. I am going to purchase a small amount of these punches which I can include in the shipment along with rivets....So if you want to go the assemble yourself route using this punch and rivets supplied by me, let me know ASAP. If I run out of the punches, they can also be purchased from Pinball Restore or Hanson's Rivets for $25 plus shipping.
» YouTube video

quick and to the point, just as you described, thank you Mark!

#353 8 years ago

Freeplay, will you please confirm that I am on the list for both ramps (still not sure about colors, but if I need to make an immediate choice would go clear) and the rivet kit? Will you sell the Cliffys with the ramps, or is that a separate deal with Cliff? I am really excited about this - you've done some tremendous work!

#354 8 years ago

Great video and It looks like a quick job.
You make it look so easy!
Mark Im down for both ramps in clear.
Roll over punch and rivets. Plus cliffys if they are made. Do you have an official order page or is this thread good enough.

#355 8 years ago

Just lettin ya know ASAP... I would like to make sure I am on the list for clear ramps, a river tool kit, and the cliffy set.

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Freeplay, will you please confirm that I am on the list for both ramps (still not sure about colors, but if I need to make an immediate choice would go clear) and the rivet kit? Will you sell the Cliffys with the ramps, or is that a separate deal with Cliff? I am really excited about this - you've done some tremendous work!

Yup...You're on the list! My goal is to get these produced as quickly as I can for everyone who has indicated interest. Then I intend to take a little time to enjoy summer! I will get to everyone who wants them.

At this point it looks like I'm going to start shipping around the 24th or 25th of this month. Basically because I ordered special boxes for these and that's when they'll be here. Learned a lot of about US mail over the last year. Basically it's the best deal in town....provided you stay under one cubic foot. One cubic foot equals 1728 cubic inches. The box I ordered which should fit these nicely is 20" x 14" by 6". That equates to 1680 cubic inches.

As far as Cliffy's protectors are concerned, for domestic US buyers I would prefer that you deal with him directly. For international shippers, to save money, I will allow you to purchase directly from Cliffy and then have him send to me to include with your ramps. This has worked well before.

I'm going to order 10-12 roll over punches tomorrow. If you haven't already, let me know if you want one and I will earmark for you.

If I made the riveting look simple in the video.....it is easy!

Will stick with my tradition and post photos on the hot tub of some completed ramps in a few days.

#357 8 years ago

I looked but didn't see a price for a set of these. My SOF could use a set.

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from bjones:

I looked but didn't see a price for a set of these. My SOF could use a set.

The ramp prices are $135 for the upper and $40 for the lower. Both will be predrilled for installation and the upper ramp will have a new flap attached. Note the bottom ramp flap is not attached to the actual ramp. Installation of the ramps requires that the parts riveted to the upper ramp be transferred to the new upper ramp. The lower ramp does not require any transfer of parts. As I've done in the past, I also offer to do the assembly of your ramp with your parts sent to me. If you remove the parts as snyper2009 demonstrated on page 7 and send them to me I will install them on a new ramp for $25. If you or someone you know can do the riveting for you, great. I'm also offering to help anyone learn how to do their own assembly. I haven't established the shipping cost yet but expect it to be between $20 and $25.

There has been a lot of discussion on these in this thread concerning the differences between the clear and the black which are made of PETG vs the red and blue which are made of acrylic. Cliffy is also going to offer additional ramp protectors as well as a new flap for the bottom ramp.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me. Now that you know the basics for the pricing, let me know if you want to get on the list for these.

Mark

#359 8 years ago

I played TOTAN last night with color changing Leds and the clear ramp looks amazing so I have changed mind & am def. now in for clear & will send you mine for all the riviting

#360 8 years ago

So when do I send you my ramp? I have company 6/24-7/4 so id like to have all my machines up and running while people are staying with me. Can I still stay on the list if I delay a bit? I can pay up front if needed...PM me.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So when do I send you my ramp? I have company 6/24-7/4 so id like to have all my machines up and running while people are staying with me. Can I still stay on the list if I delay a bit? I can pay up front if needed...PM me.

Sending pm

#362 8 years ago

First out of the bath... Finishing up some upper ramps today and thought I'd perform my stupid tradition and post first photos of some that are done and ready for flaps! They're still wet. The second photo is probably one of the better ones to show how the red really looks.

IMG_0819.JPGIMG_0819.JPG IMG_0820.JPGIMG_0820.JPG
#363 8 years ago

Can't wait they're beautiful!

#364 8 years ago

Wow, good job! That red really pops! But I'm going to stick with the clear,... I think.

#365 8 years ago

Technical stuff...

Since snyper2099 was kind enough to take the time and document the parts associated to the upper ramp that I would need if I was doing assembly, I asked him to go ahead and send me his parts for the first assembly. I discovered something interesting when I was inventorying his parts. In the photo below are two factory ramp protectors (left side entrance to upper ramp). Two different lengths!

The longer protector is the one provided by Nelly for the models and the lower one is the one I received from snyper2099. Note the difference in length. The shorter is approximately 5" in length and the longer is approximately 5.5" in length. The distance from the upper mounting screw to the rivet hole is consistent on both...just the overall length is different. This will make a difference as to where the mounting holes are drilled.

If I am doing your assembly, I will of course position it accordingly. If you plan on doing your assembly, I will either need to know the length of your protector so I can pre-drill accordingly, or if requested, I will leave these holes not drilled so that you can position the protector.

Anyway, sort of interesting.

IMG_0822.JPGIMG_0822.JPG

#367 8 years ago

Could possibly be because my SOF is a sample game.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Two different lengths!

Nah, I think it's just an optical illusion.

// Error: Image 418490 not found //

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Nah, I think it's just an optical illusion.
illusion.jpg

No, It's not an optical illusion

Quoted from snyper2099:

Could possibly be because my SOF is a sample game.

I have the original set that Nelly sent me that has the longer protector. Both the protector from snyper2099 AND the game on loan to me have the shorter protector.

#370 8 years ago

1st assembled clear upper ramp with supplied parts.IMG_0824.JPGIMG_0824.JPG

#371 8 years ago

This is getting exciting! I just bought a custom LED kit for our SOF from Pinballbulbs, here in Portland. James really knows his stuff when it comes to lighting.. Next comes a set of Mark's custom ramps and a few LED tweaks to take advantage of the clear ramps over the original black ABS. http://pinballbulbs.com/products/swords-fury-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

#372 8 years ago

DSC_0011.JPGDSC_0011.JPGHi Mark mine is the European model and has 5.5 inches in length. (nothing to boast about!)
So I will need that size hole making.
I believe all euro models are this length.
Hope pic confirms this.
Looking forward to seeing your ramps in person real soon. Any more photos needed just ask me. Cheers Andrew.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Hi Mark mine is the European model and has 5.5 inches in length

Noted!

#374 8 years ago

That makes sense, mine was not a reimport, but it has a very low serial number. Back in the day, they typically shipped export orders before domestic. Thus, reimported pins typically have lower serial numbers. I bet they changed the length at some point in production.

#375 8 years ago

OK.... I'm just about ready...Sending this post to alert you that later today I will post the final pricing...mostly shipping stuff. I will start taking orders tomorrow and then will just pound through until I get everyone covered. I am still waiting on the roll over punches for those who wanted it, but they should be here in just a couple days.

#376 8 years ago

Rock n Roll, Baby!

#377 8 years ago

I just read this so went to check mine & its 5 &1/2" I also have a ramp set from a known prototype so I went to check that one out of curiosity & it is also 5 &1/2" but its got a different bracket type ,with two bolts instead of one .. here is a pic. of it

#378 8 years ago

Idk why pic. wont load said no uploader I.D ?

#379 8 years ago

anyway the proto one has two of those bent over brackets at top with bolts and does not have the rivet hole in the side

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Idk why pic. wont load said no uploader I.D ?

I had that problem the other day... I clicked on "insert in post" and then it went in. Interesting on yet a third design. Would like to see the photo if you can get it uploaded.

#381 8 years ago

here ya go

20150621_141835[1].jpg20150621_141835[1].jpg
#382 8 years ago

another try ?20150621_141835[1].jpg20150621_141835[1].jpg

#383 8 years ago

I think that's my favorite design yet!

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I think that's my favorite design yet!

Ya I was thinking this will probably be the one that I send you for doing mine

#385 8 years ago

OK...Final Ramp pricing...

Upper ramp pre drilled for mounting and flap installed $135 (Specify color)
Lower ramp $40 (Specify Color)

Assembly with your supplied parts $25
Assembly with your supplied ramp $30

Rivets and Washers for self assembly $3
Rivet Roll Over Punch $25 (SORRY SOLD OUT)
Black plastic conduit for wiring concealment $3

Shipping Domestic US $23
Shipping Domestic US with old ramp return $28

Shipping Canada (No ramp return) $28

International shipping contact me... Generally I charge $10 above actual postage for handling and steeper Paypal fees.

If You want me to do your assembly mail parts to:

Mark Davis
20409 2nd Ave SE
Bothell, WA 98012

Payment via Paypal to [email protected]

I will include the decal set provided by Ben Avary (Pinsider Chosen_S) to those who specifically request it. Donations for the decal set can be sent via Paypal to [email protected].... Sorry these are all gone.

Questions??? Shoot me a pm

Time to rock!

IMPORTANT.... I WILL NEED TO KNOW IF YOUR UPPER RAMP FACTORY PROTECTOR IS 5" IN LENGTH OR 5 1/2" IN LENGTH SO I CAN PRE-DRILL APPROPRIATELY... NOT AN ISSUE IF I AM DOING ASSEMBLY.

#386 8 years ago

Payment sent and very excited!

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

Payment sent and very excited!

Same here!

#388 8 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait to get mine! Nice work as always!

#389 8 years ago

Sent Pm UK time this morning.
Very good work and I will so miss this thread.

#390 8 years ago

Rivet roll over punches are sold out! Everyone who requested one as of now will get them.... They should be to me in just a couple days!

If you want one I can tell you where to get them.

Thanks!...Mark

#391 8 years ago

Payment sent. Thanks!

#392 8 years ago

Payment sent to Mark.
Donation sent to Ben.

Thanks guys!

#393 8 years ago

Thanks to a couple folks....

Dave (Nelly), thanks for donating the ramps so that I could do this project. Couple photos below of your assemble one. Your stuff will ship tomorrow.

Ben Avary (Chosen_S), thanks for taking the time to make decals for the guys.

Also thanks to snyper2099 for taking the time to post photos of how to disassemble your ramps for those of you who are sending me the parts to install for you. Also to offer the idea of the directional LED under the upper ramp entrance which worked VERY well. Your ramps ship tomorrow morning too!

After I finished assembling Nelly's ramp I have to admit I did stop for a beer! Now on the the rest of you!

Thanks everyone!....Mark// Error: Image 420106 not found //// Error: Image 420107 not found //

#394 8 years ago

Holy Lionman that looks bad ass!! I might change mind back to red

#395 8 years ago

I think red looks great too but, I want all my clear ramps to match for High Speed, Space Shuttle, and SOF.

#396 8 years ago

You may have to buy a set of each, just in case.

#397 8 years ago

Details... Just a reminder... If you are doing your own assembly and want me to pre-drill for the upper ramp, left side entrance protector, you will need to let me know the length of your factory protector. If you want to drill your own let me know, but I would highly recommend that if you chose a colored (acrylic) upper ramp, that you let me do the drilling....acrylic can be damaged when drilling if you are not careful and you will feel better if I mess up than if you do. Drilling is much safer with the clear or black ramps (PETG)

On another note, exchanged some emails with Cliffy last night and the protectors for the right side of the upper ramp and both sides of the lower ramp, along with a new flap for the lower ramp if interested are at the laser cutters now so they should be available soon.

For any international shippers that want me to include the Cliffy Protectors with their orders, you can order direct with Cliffy and instruct him to send to me for consolidation with your ramp order.

#398 8 years ago

CLIFFY UPDATE.

Just heard from Cliff and he wanted to pass along that he is unable to communicate back via Pinside and wants to assure you he is on top of this.

If you want to contact Cliff directly, use his outside email address...

[email protected]

#399 8 years ago

Payment sent, Mark!
Donation sent, Ben!

Thanks to both of you!

#400 8 years ago

I know this isn't what everyone wants to see, but I am digging the red and clear combo in the Buffy pin!! Thanks Mark!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/8?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.