image_(resized).jpg
SOF_Upper_Black_(resized).JPG
20160118_162707_(resized).jpg
20160118_162627_(resized).jpg
20160118_160527_(resized).jpg
20160118_160735_(resized).jpg
20160118_123753_(resized).jpg
20160118_162738_(resized).jpg
There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 9 years ago

Nice work.

Robert

#52 9 years ago

yea I'm down for a set. Great stuff! I think I'd prefer the factory black look.

#53 9 years ago

Can you give details on how you make the ramps? What are the molds made from? I made a ramp for my Taxi awhile back and I'm thinking about starting another ramp project (Bad Cats Fishbowl ramp).

3 weeks later
#54 9 years ago

just checking back here

#55 9 years ago

I have been struggling with the Genesis Ramps but hope to wrap up soon and get them produced. Then on to the SOF!

#56 9 years ago

Good. Mine keeps cracking at the second diverter.....tired of super gluing it! Ha

#58 9 years ago

add me to the list of pinsider's interested in new ramps for SOF

#59 9 years ago

add me to the list of interested for the SOF ramps.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from flyhigh:

add me to the list of pinsider's interested in new ramps for SOF

Quoted from vster23:

add me to the list of interested for the SOF ramps.

On the list!

#61 9 years ago

I'll take one too, mine's fine but I think a red one would be good as a back up in case of breakage down the road.

#62 9 years ago

Please add me to the list. I'll probably go red.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from flyhigh:

add me to the list

^^This^^

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

Please add me to the list. I'll probably go red.

On the List!

Already on the list!

#65 9 years ago

IS it pretty common for the ramp to break at the second diverter? I found one on Ebay with some plastics (seemed like a really good deal) but the ramp was cracked at the second div!?!? Weird.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

IS it pretty common for the ramp to break at the second diverter? I found one on Ebay with some plastics (seemed like a really good deal) but the ramp was cracked at the second div!?!? Weird.

Honestly, I don't know. All games can be a little different. Is there sufficient clearance for the diverter arm?... Is it hitting the ramp?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Already on the list!

had to make sure

#68 9 years ago

Add me to the list please

#69 9 years ago

Please add me to the list also

#70 9 years ago

Add me to the list as well. Don't need them, but might buy a back up set.

#71 9 years ago

Please put me on your list as well. Will probably go for the red one. Thanks!

#72 9 years ago

I somehow missed this the first time around. Definitely interested in new ramps, think the smoky grey color idea sounds excellent.

#73 9 years ago

Pretty sure I'm already on the list, can't wait.

I was thinking blue on this because there really isn't much red on the game at all (despite people saying it "feels" like a red game). However, are you doing the same color blue as the Space Station ramps? Those look AWESOME on Space Station because they "match" the game, but while there is a ton of blue on SoF, it's a light blue. Don't really think the darker blue goes, so I may be changing my tune to the red unless there are other color options.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

so I may be changing my tune to the red unless there are other color options.

I'm thinking the smoky gray & for some reason I keep thinking that a carbon fiber look would be cool as well ....but that's just me

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Honestly, I don't know. All games can be a little different. Is there sufficient clearance for the diverter arm?... Is it hitting the ramp?

Mine is also broke at the second diverter, sounds like a common failure point, perhaps needs to be a made a little thicker around there

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Blairally:

Mine is also broke at the second diverter, sounds like a common failure point, perhaps needs to be a made a little thicker around there

Could you post a photo of the break? On the Space Station ramp I did, there was a place that I thought could be "fragile" so I added a bead of acrylic cement.

#77 9 years ago

The fracture runs along the base of the second dome with the lamp socket.image.jpgimage.jpg

#78 9 years ago

Thanks for the photo. The model I am using is also cracked in this same place. Sharp edges in formed plastic are commonly the first place to crack. I have been allowing for a greater radius on edges like this which should help.

#79 9 years ago

KINDA glad to see that this wasn't just me, but sad cuz it makes finding one NOT broken hard but happy because there is hope in sight!So I guess that's good.

#80 9 years ago

mines only cracked by the center screw that's right in the middle of the track. I do not have the side cracks like others have mentioned. I would like to see these in various colors in the machines. Maybe i'll get a couple of them so I can change them out from time to time.

#81 9 years ago

hey,

i'd be interested in a black one as well! please count me in for the big ramp on the upper right (don't need the other one below since i'd prefer the black one).

@freeplay40: is it possible to ship to europe? (depending on shipping costs: i might take two ramps)

thx a lot, peter

#82 9 years ago

Love my Space Station ramp. Add me to the list also if not already on it. Can't remember.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from netdog:

hey,
i'd be interested in a black one as well! please count me in for the big ramp on the upper right (don't need the other one below since i'd prefer the black one).
@freeplay40: is it possible to ship to europe? (depending on shipping costs: i might take two ramps)
thx a lot, peter

We're still a ways off for these as I have been struggling with the Genesis ramps. Actually rebuilding my machine to get a better form. I have shipped some to the UK so expect I could do...Austria is it?.. Anyway what I typically do is take a domestic box to the post office to determine the international rate. Also need to package them better.

#84 9 years ago

thx for your reply, Freeplay40!
yes, austria it is
i'm not in a hurry, so take your time.

i guess there are some SoF owners facing the same problem with the ramp - so i'm thinking of buying more to keep the shipping costs per ramp low.

will there be drill holes, or do i have to make them on my own?

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from netdog:

thx for your reply, Freeplay40!
yes, austria it is
i'm not in a hurry, so take your time.
i guess there are some SoF owners facing the same problem with the ramp - so i'm thinking of buying more to keep the shipping costs per ramp low.
will there be drill holes, or do i have to make them on my own?

Expect I will drill all mounting holes, but the assembly of this ramp will require some skills. Parts are riveted to the ramp and there are quite a few parts. For the Space Station ramp I did, I offered a plug and play version which included all the necessary parts (new). Not sure if I will be able to offer that for this one. I expect I may offer similar to what I did with the High Speed clear ramp... That being to assemble the ramp for you with your parts sent to me.

#86 9 years ago

i know what you mean. some spare parts are hard to get so the old ones have to be reused.

some parts on the ramp are fixed with blanks - that could be a problem for me. everything else should be possible for me to mount i guess.

i gonna have a closer look at the ramp to check the mounted parts....

1 month later
#87 9 years ago

Sorry I hate to ask you to check your list, but I just want to make sure I am on it! I am soooo in and would hate to miss out cause I didn't send this post...

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Sorry I hate to ask you to check your list, but I just want to make sure I am on it! I am soooo in and would hate to miss out cause I didn't send this post...

No worries. You are #14 on the original list. I have been struggling for months on the Genesis ramps and just yesterday did I get the process figured out. I will be sending some off to test fit in a game tomorrow and then will begin production next week. Can't believe these took so long. I am really anxious to do the SOF ramps!

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

No worries. You are #14 on the original list. I have been struggling for months on the Genesis ramps and just yesterday did I get the process figured out. I will be sending some off to test fit in a game tomorrow and then will begin production next week. Can't believe these took so long. I am really anxious to do the SOF ramps!

Can you also confirm me too please.

#90 9 years ago

ok awesome.... I was getting worried.... and with the Canadian Dollar taking a nose dive it is hurting every day.... these bad boys are gonna be expensive

#91 9 years ago

but oh so worth it!!!

#92 9 years ago

I still want to see these in a game in blue. Put me on the list for blue. and might take a black as well, or orange.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Can you also confirm me too please.

You are on the list at number 13

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I still want to see these in a game in blue. Put me on the list for blue. and might take a black as well, or orange.

#16 on the list

#95 9 years ago

just played a few games and then sat there staring at it thinking about ramp colors idk? but I'm now thinking some color would be rad

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

We're still a ways off for these as I have been struggling with the Genesis ramps. Actually rebuilding my machine to get a better form.

You should post a pic of your new setup, I saw it the other day (gee, who could have sent me a photo?) and it looks great!

#97 9 years ago

OK.... Here's a photo of my machine now. Has a couple trolleys that can move the plastic up and down and an upper trolley that I can position plugs on if needed. That's one of the Genesis molds sitting on it. Can do much larger pieces now.

IMG_0705.JPGIMG_0705.JPG
#98 9 years ago

Very cool! I've never seen something like that in operation, so I would also be interested in a video of it if you ever get around to it

Keep up the good work, though, I'm really looking forward to the SOF ramps

#99 9 years ago

Yay! Glad to see this making progress.

#100 9 years ago

Please put me on the list. I'll probably want black or gray. Thanks for taking on this project and Genesis.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.