(Topic ID: 248714)

Swords of Fury blowing flipper fuse

By Seamlesswall

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Right flipper(s) blowing 2A slo blo fuse after a game or two. Resistance in the 5 ohm range and matches closely the left coils. EOS switch opens. My question is: if a diode at the coil is shorted or open could that blow the fuse? If so, why doesn't it do it immediately?
What's odd about this problem, this is a recent buy and I went through the fuses to make sure they were the correct value even though I had been playing the game for a few days. When I took that particular fuse out the end separated from the glass so I had a 2A Slo Blo fuse on hand, it was the old spring style fuse. It blew, when I used the more common slo blo I assumed it would be fine. But not so. As I write this, just discovered the rubber attached to the EOS arm was slightly worn and showed continuity to the shaft bracket when the flipper is actuated. Will fix this, however, that assy is not grounded and can't see why that would blow a fuse...

#2 4 years ago

EOS opening up quick enough ?

Nothing briefly shorting the EOS blades across the fiberboard spacers ? Like metal shavings, dust, or flux ?

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

EOS opening up quick enough ?

That is a possibility. I will adjust. If there ever was a time I'd like to have a circuit breaker...When I used to build tube amps, we were required to make a "current limiter" before firing it up for the first time. It was a light bulb in series with the hot leg. The light bulb at first would glow brightly, then dim. If it stayed bright, something was wrong. Wish there was something similar to monitor at the fuse location.

#4 4 years ago

Solved the problem. To begin with the spark suppressor cap broke at the cap. Of course you don't see that as the wire is solid and remained in place. So being a Connecticut Yankee and now a Flatlander living in Vermont I improvised until I get my next order in. I soldered and epoxied a piece of desolder braid to the cap. Then I discovered the additional spark at the EOS contact rivet had carbonized then it fractured. What does a flatlander do? He cuts off the head of a copper roofing nail and mends the leaf all back together. Now back to the next "Challenge me"... Thanks for those who chimed in...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-blowing-flipper-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.